"Could Not Retrieve Character List" Error

Options

Comments

• mysticalmiss
    mysticalmiss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well is there any gm who can say something about this problem, 3 days and not any response. We have to wait till next maintanance or what? And what if this problem will back after each maintanance. Wait 7days or more cuz you hadnt lucky and got this problem again its just nonsense.
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Options
    My update on this issue:

-We have not yet identified why a certain percentage of Archosaur players cannot access their character list.

-We have the developers support in this investigation and hope to have an answer asap.

This is the best information I have on this situation at the moment.

Thank you for your understanding and I hope to be updating this soon with good, solid, news.
  • Funtom - Archosaur
    Funtom - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    My update on this issue:

-We have not yet identified why a certain percentage of Archosaur players cannot access their character list.

-We have the developers support in this investigation and hope to have an answer asap.

Thank you for your understanding and I hope to be updating this soon with good, solid, news.
    That being said, does that mean a certain percentage of us will miss all the upcoming compensation to Archosaur's players?

We could not log in to play, missed 2x event and the 6JMMAAB code's orbs.

When the issue is resolved, what'll be left for us? b:cry
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Still can't access account, its been already 4 days? 5 days? lost count.
  • Rabidmonky - Archosaur
    Rabidmonky - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    My update on this issue:

DoD - I know you have been dealing with some very complex issues of late and I thank you for taking the time to update us that this is still being looked into. I realize this issue is only happening to just a few people, and it is comforting that this has not slipped through the cracks.
    Although the biggest thing I look forward to in this game is TW, and my prospects of being able to go to TW tonight seem to be diminishing with every hour that passes without resolution to this issue, I know that you are doing the best that you can to get the proper people involved to look into this issue.
    Thank you for your effort with this regard to this issue!
  • TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    balbronz wrote: »
    Tried to log into my toon on Archosaur Server after update, got this message, as far as I know, some other people are having the same problem as well. Anyone from other server having the same problem? or is it an Archosaur thing again?

Update:

Ok no problems here...can log in to Archosaur both regular and catshop accountb:avoid
  • Rabidmonky - Archosaur
    Rabidmonky - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just received an email from customer service helping me with my disconnect issues b:sad

The ticket I issued was not for disconnect issues nor am I having disconnect issues.

I'm still getting the same error message that "Could not retrieve character list"
  • Funtom - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Still can't access account, its been already 4 days? 5 days? lost count.
    It doesn't seem to get any better as the problem is still unresolved.

I don't have high hope that a certain percentage of us will be able to get the upcoming compensation they're going to offer to our server in the near future.
  • mysticalmiss
    edited November 2013
    Options
    After last maintanance everyone probably saw on forum ''There were some unexpected last-minute delays with the manual patches. We're hoping they'll be ready tomorrow''. I'm sure that by this small set of Archosaur people got this error. And i'm quite sure that if they wont fix problems with delays downtime it will happen again after next maintanance. Manual patches should be ready a few days ago too. In my opinion they gonna try fix it during next maintanance.

Well, next problems with maintanance means other people can get the same error. So better if you're lucky b:chuckle
  • bowlcut
    bowlcut Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Has been 5 days now? Still saying could not retreive character listb:angry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    bowlcut wrote: »
    Has been 5 days now? Still saying could not retreive character listb:angry

Don't count weekends. They work business days (aka Monday to Friday barring major holidays).
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Funtom - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Weekends or not, time's running.

I've missed a lot of things ever since I could not log in.

Redeeming code, 2x event (farming), tws, and other dailies that feed my exp.
  • Lola_Kutty - Heavens Tear
    Lola_Kutty - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • mysticalmiss
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Weekends or not, time's running.

I've missed a lot of things ever since I could not log in.

Redeeming code, 2x event (farming), tws, and other dailies that feed my exp.

I agree and cant believe that it takes so much time. 'Could not retrieve character list' isnt new pwi error, you can find threads on forum when it happened before. Before they needed less than 24hours that fix it. So what we can say right now?. In my opinion just no comments about that...
  • __Kilon_ - Archosaur
    __Kilon_ - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just wow b:surrender
  • Funtom - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, could we get another update whether the issue will be fixed after this upcoming maintenance? b:surrender
  • mysticalmiss
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't think so that upcoming maintanance can fix it. And afraid that it'll take much more time b:angry
  • __Kilon_ - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The silence from the support ticket I submitted and in this post is deafening. b:sad
  • mysticalmiss
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Support Response one day ago:
    -removed-
  • __Kilon_ - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Update for me: Rumors have it that they will try to fix my issues during maintenance tonight.
  • balbronz
    balbronz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rumor was confirmed by GM, and HE WAS WRONG! I still can't log back in! I don't know about u guys, but I think we really, really deserve some explanations here!
  • bowlcut
    bowlcut Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So just tried to log in after maintenance, in the hope that they would have fixed this.
    But alas, still same message. has been almost a week?b:angry
  • Funtom - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Now what?
    Server's up and I still have the same problem!
  • mysticalmiss
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The same problem here 'Could not retrieve character list'. I was afraid of this. Yesterday i reinstalled a game but it didn't help too. Maintanance was the best moment that fix it. Now i can only say, guys we probably lost our accounts (for me full rrr9 sin gone and everything what were there like 1115golds which i bought by AH, 200mils coins, etc.)....

I can wait max 1 week more but really right now after 7days i dont see any reason that play this game. Last time this game got a large number of problems. No one can be completely sure what will happen in 1,2, 3... weeks.

What's the point that play this game right now if by maintanances and any gms mistakes you can lose not only days but months, years spent in game?
  • __Kilon_ - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The same problem here 'Could not retrieve character list'. I was afraid of this. Yesterday i reinstalled a game but it didn't help too. Maintanance was the best moment that fix it. Now i can only say, guys we probably lost our accounts (for me full rrr9 sin gone and everything what were there like 1115golds which i bought by AH, 200mils coins, etc.)....

I can wait max 1 week more but really right now after 7days i dont see any reason that play this game. Last time this game got a large number of problems. No one can be completely sure what will happen in 1,2, 3... weeks.

What's the point that play this game right now if by maintanances and any gms mistakes you can lose not only days but months, years spent in game?

I have to agree with these sentiments, I'm not a huge cash shopper, but I'll throw some rl money at this every once in a while. I'm very discouraged with how this issue is being handled. I can't believe that the developers actually thought that a simple restart without a patch would resolve our issues.
    Might be time to move on to G W 2 or RS or something like that.
  • balbronz
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's been a week, we deserve some sort of response! Can it be fixed? Yes or No? How long will it take? What will happen if you CAN'T fix it? Give us something already! b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's been a week, we deserve some sort of response! Can it be fixed? Yes or No? How long will it take? What will happen if you CAN'T fix it? Give us something already! b:angryb:angryb:angry
    According to the maintenance thread, it should be resolved now.

If you're having issues, send in a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • balbronz
    edited November 2013
    Options
    According to the maintenance thread, it should be resolved now.

If you're having issues, send in a ticket.

Read the bloody thread before you post a dumbass reply like that. What gave you the idea we haven't? It's the fact we are not getting ANY constructive responses that's making us angry. How do you feel when your account disappeared for more than a week, and all you got from the management is neglect and misinformation?

Here is an advice for you, if you don't have anything smart to say, how about considering not saying anything at all? It makes you look smarter than you actually is.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Read the bloody thread before you post a dumbass reply like that. What gave you the idea we haven't? It's the fact we are not getting ANY constructive responses that's making us angry. How do you feel when your account disappeared for more than a week, and all you got from the management is neglect and misinformation?

Here is an advice for you, if you don't have anything smart to say, how about considering not saying anything at all? It makes you look smarter than you actually is.
    1. It's common for people to just make a post like yours without checking if there's been a change, or bothering to read the primary sources of information on a subject.

2. The last post before yours was before the maintenance where they stated that it should be resolved. If it were actually resolved, then it's no longer an issue.

3. You're saying you deserve some sort of response. There's already been one. It's in the threads I have previously mentioned in this post, and my last one here. It's not my fault you aren't reading them.

You should take your own advice and start looking around a bit.

Also, if you're still having the issue, after they have stated it's been resolved, and you don't open a ticket, what the hell do you expect to happen?
    I mean really. You may as well just shoot yourself in the foot. This forum is for players to help players. It's not for the support staff to waste time wading around in when they are already over-worked, and need to be working on the tickets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • balbronz
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Read the god damn post, kiddo. Post #145 onwards are all AFTER reset!

I.E: THE LAST MESSAGE I POSTED WAS AFTER RESET!. READ THE THREAD! Jesus, it's like I'm trying to tell a 3 year old it's not ok to drink the water in the toilet, over and over again...b:surrender

On top of that, I said we, that is, ALL of us who are affected by this, have sent in tickets, and once again, You didn't seem to comprehend that! Just because we didn't specify the time, I would assume after seeing all the posts we made before AND after reset, you could at least make an educated assumption? Oh wait, I forgot, mental compacity of a 3 year old. b:shocked

So, why do you keep posting irrelevant replies? I have pointed out to you how irrelevant your last message was to the problem here, yet u insist on pretending to know what you are talking about. Why is that? It truly baffles me.

Like I said, don't make a fool of yourself if you can't be bothered to read the thread. If your education couldn't instill the ability to 1. READ and 2. Digest, at least you can stop making a fool of yourself by shut that trap of yours. It isn't helping you, friend.

(I understand you are just spamming the threads so you can have pretty colored messages to impress yourself with, but seriously, go buy some crayons instead, don't waste the adults time here.)