[Maintenance Discussion] 11-26 -2013 RESTART [COMPLETE!]

Comments

• Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's the candle thing right? What's it do again?

Sweetiebot find the manual patch

No patch >.>

And it's a speed buff and a anti movement debuff thingy.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello everyone,

We'll be having a server maintenance tonight that will be just a restart, no new patch this week.

We expect those who are still having login issues with Archosaur, to be able to login successfully post-maintenance tonight.

Maintenance time estimation is the usual 11:00 PM PST - 2:00 AM PST.

This week's maintenance question:

How many people would it take in-game to kill a GM, and how far would it be able to reach on the map before it died starting at Archosaur West Gate?

(Notes: GM cloak gives 10 million HP // God's Remedy is auto-on // GM not allowed to attack)

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    GM's can't be stunned

We need more mystic and bm here so he wont move even inch...b:laughb:laugh
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No idea but I'm hungry.
  • vangx456
    vangx456 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How many people would it take in-game to kill a GM?

f:cute 1 Player
    Its going to take 46mins 23sec

how far would it be able to reach on the map before it died starting at Archosaur West Gate?

f:sneaky

It'll be able to reach EtherBlade before it die.
  • Demail - Archosaur
    Demail - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    (Notes: GM cloak gives 10 million HP // God's Remedy is auto-on // GM not allowed to attack)

Depending on that God's Remedy ability.. Prob a good 30-40 ppl focused on Immob and HF with some good sparking sins with Chill.. Ehh might take a bit longer then a WB. And I wouldn't know where the GM would die at. f:melon
    Yes, Scarlette_xX is my mom. No she will not spank me >.>

*~Forever the nub 24 BM b:surrender~*
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Put a few venos with Arcane Antinomy on it. Slow it down for 15 seconds at a time, to nothing but a crawl. Hp regen can be stopped with Soul Degeneration Sage to take away 20% of the fight if it is the first hit to land.

. The rest is up to the other classes, but unless they purify the slow, that gm isn't going anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide
    MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hopefully this restart will go good. kinda worried from the last couple times b:shocked btw happy early thanksgiving everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] TTFN! b:chuckle
  • Stratakis - Raging Tide
    Stratakis - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    a 12 year old kid could beat gm and developers on how to keep players in this game
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Does this really have to be a forum question or can we experiment this on harshlands?
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well if the GM flys then he could make it a literal trip around the world and not get hit. Those 15ms speed wings are beast.b:victory
  • Chibisuke - Dreamweaver
    Chibisuke - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well that highly depends on a few conditions:

is the GM allowed to use his GM menu? (invisibility / invincibility / spawning 20 harpys to kill other players, ect.)
    is he allowed to ctrl+click on the map? (GM Teleport)
    is he allowed to fly? (GM Wings have +10 speed).
    which class is it as is he allowed to use skills? (Cleric with GM weapon and IH maybe heals like 3m HP per sec).
    Is he allowed to use any Pharmacy pots? (90% HP recovery and the like)
    Where exactly is he? (there are bosses / mobs that can be used to deal him a good percentage of damage... like the balls in advanced cube always do 30% damage. some bosses in FC do a AoE taking 40% of your HP ect.... 40% of 10m is 4m ;)

To many unclear variables.

If he's allowed to fly, use ctrl+click or GM Menu... he most likely will survive forever and will get anywhere he wants. If he's a cleric or mystic and allowed to use skills or pharma pots... similar.

Even otherwise players will have to thing of something pretty good since god's remedy as far as I heard got 2 effects.... Speed = +15, AND vacuity powder effect all the time. so stun, para ect. won't work on them.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    a 12 year old kid could beat gm and developers on how to keep players in this game

I highly doubt that. Most 12 year olds online don't have a vocabulary outside of your mum jokes, calling someone ***, or calling them a ******.

They'd also give everyone "prestige" seeing as they're so involved with COD for the most part. They'd turn it into a P-Server. Plain and simple.

Which is probably where pservers came from. Someone with the same mindset as mentioned above thought why did they have to do all this work when it'd be so much easier to just get everything given to you from the start of the game.

Pservers are genuine MMORPG laziness. Probably invented by a 12 year old.
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think a 10 person squad of archers could handle it. 5 on BoA, 4 on Knockback + atk and one debuff +atk. If they all had -pdef and dmg amp on their genie it wouldn't take very long and I don't think the GM would get past the outskirts.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    any bets on what servers will crash at this maintenance? b:thanks

since last week it was east coast servers that took the best beating...i'm betting west coast with Sanctuary b:surrender

any other bets?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I think a 10 person squad of archers could handle it. 5 on BoA, 4 on Knockback + atk and one debuff +atk. If they all had -pdef and dmg amp on their genie it wouldn't take very long and I don't think the GM would get past the outskirts.

Knockback doesn't work on other players, though. b:sad
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If stuns don't work but immobilize does..he'd at least b slowed down with a lot of sins/clerics/seekers or any other class that has an immobilize skill. f:laugh

I say instead of guessing....just make it an event f:victoryf:cute. would be fun seeing how long it'd take to kill a gm. f:sneaky
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Knockback doesn't work on other players, though. b:sad

mystic knock back does
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh can we use Chromatic seal on him and sleep him? That's technically not a stun. So if we had a bunch of BM's using Reel In and Clerics using Chromatic Seal on him he won't go to far. Therefore allowing the melee classes to beat the snot out of him. And Cleric's could also use Dimensional and Elemental Seal on him and make it faster. I would give him 5 minutes of getting the **** beat out of him in that instance. And wouldn't make it off the front gate of West. b:pleased
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    mystic knock back does

Archers aren't mystics. b:sad
  • VairyHagina - Morai
    VairyHagina - Morai Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Overall i would guess the gm could atleast get to the Bridge near tradewind village, cause their swords have freakin purify spell on em... they'd be perma holypathing b:shocked
  • geminiwrath
    geminiwrath Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    is maintenance still going on? it will not let me log on. everytime i try it kicks me out saying couldnt connect to server
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    is maintenance still going on? it will not let me log on. everytime i try it kicks me out saying couldnt connect to server

See:

In other words, we still have two hours.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013

It's 11pm 2- am. It's only 12am their time now so.
  • TuesdaysGone - Archosaur
    TuesdaysGone - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    peachy <3 Agreed!
  • OwCrap - Archosaur
    OwCrap - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just out of curiousity, what is happening during a maint...
    I mean by the GM's or who ever does the maint?

Do you look at stabillity of the server, reset it against lag..

ty :)
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013

How many people would it take in-game to kill a GM, and how far would it be able to reach on the map before it died starting at Archosaur West Gate?

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    GM's can't be stunned

u guys seem to forget that gm usually also got imba eva (unless this one is hp only o.o), so sins would be of no use there, only castersb:laugh

also depends if the gm is charmed :o

btw excuse me for asking, but what's god's remedy do? lol

edit: forgot to add - in case the gm is charmed (cheat-charm with 100m hp restore? XD), would he be allowed to replace it?
  • Skylilia - Archosaur
    Skylilia - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello everyone,

We'll be having a server maintenance tonight that will be just a restart, no new patch this week.

We expect those who are still having login issues with Archosaur, to be able to login successfully post-maintenance tonight.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    GM's can't be stunned

I love how everyone's saying, "Let's stun it!"... GMs can't be stunned... GG
  • CaIIysta - Morai
    CaIIysta - Morai Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love how everyone's saying, "Let's stun it!"... GMs can't be stunned... GG

The art of reading huh?! b:chuckle
  • Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver
    Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    SweetieBot who killed you b:cryb:angryb:cry
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    SweetieBot who killed you
    They did.
    (In almost every episode of the first five seasons of the television series South Park, character Kenny McCormick would die, prompting the exclamation, "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" by other characters. Kenny would then return in the next episode with essentially no explanation.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Brett - Momaganon
    Brett - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If I remember correctly, there was a kill the GM event at the lake near Silver Pool about 4.5-5 years ago. Why you no love us anymore PWI?