[Maintenance Discussion] 11-26 -2013 RESTART [COMPLETE!]

Options
defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

We'll be having a server maintenance tonight that will be just a restart, no new patch this week.

We expect those who are still having login issues with Archosaur, to be able to login successfully post-maintenance tonight.

Maintenance time estimation is the usual 11:00 PM PST - 2:00 AM PST.

This week's maintenance question:

How many people would it take in-game to kill a GM, and how far would it be able to reach on the map before it died starting at Archosaur West Gate?

(Notes: GM cloak gives 10 million HP // God's Remedy is auto-on // GM not allowed to attack)

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
GM's can't be stunned
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I give it an Hour or less and probably by the mines. That's if everyone not not just attacking everyone else.

Btw First Post :#
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    One 5 APS assassin/BM with a good stunlock could handle it without the GM getting a chance to go anywhere.

It'd just take a while. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • lavianultima
    lavianultima Posts: 28
    edited November 2013
    Options
    30 mins if all joined, specially sins
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It depends on how much durability the cloak has.

Note: there should deffinitely be an event like that. Most people are dying to kill GMs already, no need to offer a prize.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    One. Another GM >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • SuperLambo - Dreamweaver
    SuperLambo - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    10 psy y 5 cleric. stun + seal + sleep . i thinks gm die before sanctuary
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Trip spark occult ice O HF amp Lv. 11 GS sage subsea myriad mdef break MoW and every sin on the map attacking at once, every caster going triple spark ZTP combos

I think, judging from the time it takes to kill the Pheonix for event it should not last more than 10-20 seconds
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This question reminds me of the 'how many licks does it take to get to the center of a toostie pop. RAWR! (different answer for everyone)

1 good stun locking bm.

and 10 fully decked out psys/mystics/wizards each hitting for 1m each. The gm would be unable to go anywhere RAWR!
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    How many people would it take in-game to kill a GM, and how far would it be able to reach on the map before it died starting at Archosaur West Gate?
    YO MAMA! \o/ (or ex)

thats 1 :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • O_Royce_O - Heavens Tear
    O_Royce_O - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:laugh it'd be more fun to do it IRL...killing GMs LOL b:laugh IJS b:victory
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:laugh it'd be more fun to do it IRL...killing GMs LOL b:laugh IJS b:victory

I never take my cloak off
  • killeshan
    killeshan Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL you cant stun a GM but myst's can push back, bm's can reel in and Seekers can use transposition, So the gm wouldnt get any further than where it started before it was killed.

Hmmm I wonder how far in the opposite direction it could be taken ?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    melee's would not work out to well against a gm that cant/wont attack. the problem as DoD posted is they(gm's) cant be stunned. so casters and range attacks would be the best. Yes everyone will get some hits, but the most would be from casters. Also would come into play is if they are walking or running. If they are walking then melee toons could possibly deal more dmg, would be a tossup.

I have never duel'd with a gm that I remember so not to sure what kind of dmg a glass cannon sin can do

10m hp isnt that much tbh when you got possibly hundreds of toons attacking it. I give it 15mins 30 tops.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    1 Barbarian... devouring.
    2 Blademasters... hfing/gsing
    3 Assassins... Apsing
    4 Wizards... Dragon Breathing.
    5 Venomancers... A purging.
    6 Psychics... Earth vectoring.
    7 Clerics... tempesting
    8 Seekers... vortexing
    9 Mystics... Cragglording
    and
    10 Archers... Boaing.

---

So not their best skills, but thought this would be fun. ^^ :P

And aye thats 55 total... RAWR!
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • __Kilon_ - Archosaur
    __Kilon_ - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

(Notes: GM cloak gives 10 million HP // God's Remedy is auto-on // GM not allowed to attack)

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    GM's can't be stunned

+1 to DoD for a great question!

I think the GM would make it to Wellspring Village
  • Ryuza_ - Raging Tide
    Ryuza_ - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    GM's can't be stunned

It depends on what direction the GM runs, if into the city - it takes forever to kill him. b:laugh
  • Western - Heavens Tear
    Western - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:cry
    b:angry CLEAN isn't GREEN b:cry
  • DeathHug - Harshlands
    DeathHug - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    will the GM would have 10m hp and he cant attack or get stunes that mean he is like any other ING boss with 10 m HP but more easyer so 1 squed with r9rr can take it in 10 min and thay wont go more far than arch west gate
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i did say around 45mins with the top 40 people of defiance on the GM...... as far as how far the gm would move..... doesnt count cause there be atleast 3-4 BM's on a loop of stun lock on the gm XD
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello everyone,

We'll be having a server maintenance tonight that will be just a restart, no new patch this week.

We expect those who are still having login issues with Archosaur, to be able to login successfully post-maintenance tonight.

Maintenance time estimation is the usual 11:00 PM PST - 2:00 AM PST.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    GM's can't be stunned

to go with the kill a GM i would love to and i know i could even with having the 10 mil hp
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Is it possible to kill a GM? Thought they have unlimited HP with high regen rate?
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Is it possible to kill a GM? Thought they have unlimited HP with high regen rate?

It possable yes they have high hp and awesome wep but u can kill them
  • lavianultima
    lavianultima Posts: 28
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Defender of Dreams can kill a gm. meaning you who made the post can kill gm. you didnt specify which gm. its gm in general. only you can kill a gm that cant be stunned, fast regen. You are the man.
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    c44102 wrote: »
    to go with the kill a GM i would love to and i know i could even with having the 10 mil hp
    c44102 wrote: »
    It possable yes they have high hp and awesome wep but u can kill them

The biggest mob i have killed on the server is the glitched Dinosaur with 10 billion HP and it took us 3 hours to kill it.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GM has perma-purify proc with the amount of people hitting him, Or he can just wear GM cape only and run away w/ god's remedy.

If he wants, he can go as far as he wants. There's no way a player can catch up, unless there were enough BM's to perma-reel him in.

If he slows down on purpose though, it wouldn't take that long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    .. // God's Remedy is auto-on // ...

That's the candle thing right? What's it do again?

Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I give it an Hour or less and probably by the mines. That's if everyone not not just attacking everyone else.

Btw First Post :#

*** U and your color font
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch is here: Patch 752-753 (13.8MB)
    This is the newest one that's officially listed and I don't see anything newer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451