edited November 2013
    Options
    +1 to this
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    >Just another day on PWI Forums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It really backfired in a sad way b:surrender

Why can't things run smoothly in this game? bah QQ. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    Aithusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    >PWE gives FREE +10 ORBS AND ****TONS OF EVENT GOLD

This is the problem right here. Either they should have never given this out OR should have fixed the code and set it to expire as intended. It does not matter whether the original compensation was hypers or not.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    >PWE gives FREE +10 ORBS AND ****TONS OF EVENT GOLD

This is the problem right here. Either they should have never given this out OR should have fixed the code and set it to expire as intended. It does not matter whether the original compensation was hypers or not.

It was abused by players and deactivated. Which is a logical step. Reenable it and we're faced with the abuse again :|. Reenabling it would've been the worst thing they could do.
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Re-enabling after fixing it to work as intended, that is once per account. That is the correct fix.

There would not have been such a big issue if it was made to work as intended.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You forgot "Mods go on murderous rampage due to trying to beat information into the heads of people that won't listen" b:laugh
    Re-enabling after fixing it to work as intended, that is once per account. That is the correct fix.

And that would take time, would it not?

And releasing it in an incomplete format would be bad, would it not?

Thus common sense indicates that it would not happen until the time taken to fix it appropriately has passed, does it not?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And that would take time, would it not?

And releasing it in an incomplete format would be bad, would it not?

Thus common sense indicates that it would not happen until the time taken to fix it appropriately has passed, does it not?

Point invalid considering it has been confirmed they will not be doing so. People would have accepted this had PWE said they will fix the code and re-enable it even if it were at a later date.
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Point invalid considering it has been confirmed they will not be doing so. People would have accepted this had PWE said they will fix the code and re-enable it even if it were at a later date.
    Claiming my point is invalid? I'd like to direct you to this post.

People accepting it? Hahahahahaha. Oh you funny! You must not spend much time on the forums, no offense, so let me explain. First we'd still have the flood of people saying it's too late. Then there would be the ones against it still demanding a rollback. Also we'd have the groups that would be on PWI saying that it's not fair abusers would get to use it again because of how "PWI won't do anything to them".

And even with that out of the way...

If they break something in the process of fixing this, even for a short duration, we'd get stuff like:
    What a sorry way to run a business, updates that break things, take away things that make people (customers) happy (without even telling them).

If they take "too long" as people won't be considerate of the fact they have other things to do, we'd get:
    They should of made an announcement in a new thread explaining themselves and the problem and maybe even updated it from time to time. Make it easy to find by making it a sticky...oh wait that would require them to give a damn and to give us a thought! My bad, thinking...why would they even try that. >eye roll<
    If they weren't constantly updating us on it. If they were, we'd still have some of the people who claim to do X or Y saying things like:
    more then 4 hrs allready
    normally at a job if u delay more then 5 mins u r fired!
    probs can hapen but if take 4 hrs to solve them u have a problem a big one or Maint team dont give a damn!

Of course, if they get stuff seemingly fixed up, they test it and it seems to work fine, and something still ends up going wrong, we get posts like... well... I don't even need a quote here. You can look around for yourself.

And let's say none of that happens. They take a while but it's fixed and done and great. We'll STILL have the self-entitled crowd whining and complaining about SOMETHING involving it. Be it the fact that they "took too long and its too late" or the like, someone's still going to find a way to get pissed at them.

All things considered, it's actually probably best for them to say they aren't giving anything, then quietly fix the problem and give us something beneficial once everything's said and done.

Edit: I should mention among all that we'd have a group of people being more reasonable and levelheaded, but that would be a token minority of what we'd see on the forums.
  • TailsReviver - Sanctuary
    TailsReviver - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think this depicts PWI in some forms xD http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628858
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Claiming my point is invalid? I'd like to direct you to this post.

Its pointless to talk about the future when it does not even mention what will be given. If I stated I will charge some amount at a later date can PWE base anything from such a statement? Thats the same case with what is said in the post. It does not state when and what.
    People accepting it? Hahahahahaha. Oh you funny! You must not spend much time on the forums, no offense, so let me explain. First we'd still have the flood of people saying it's too late. Then there would be the ones against it still demanding a rollback. Also we'd have the groups that would be on PWI saying that it's not fair abusers would get to use it again because of how "PWI won't do anything to them".

Just because I dont post much does not mean I havent been around the forums. I do know people whine and complain. Dont just assume stuff.

PWI banning the abusers permanently and/or removing all extra dorbs/refines which are not supposed to be there, would take care of all 3 groups mentioned. But from past experience everyone knows these is not something PWI will actually do in the end despite their claims. Anyone can claim they will do this they will do that. Question is have they actually done it?

I am not talking about a temp ban. A perma ban for all those for abusing a glitch. Will PWI actually go through with it?

And before you go off quoting the punishment is stated to be a ban...does not say whether permanent or temp. A temp ban is no way effective and many of us know that already.
    And even with that out of the way...

If they break something in the process of fixing this, even for a short duration, we'd get stuff like:

If they take "too long" as people won't be considerate of the fact they have other things to do, we'd get:

If they weren't constantly updating us on it. If they were, we'd still have some of the people who claim to do X or Y saying things like:

So communicate effectively instead of beating around the bush? Effective Communication has never been PWI's forte as far as I have seen.
    Of course, if they get stuff seemingly fixed up, they test it and it seems to work fine, and something still ends up going wrong, we get posts like... well... I don't even need a quote here. You can look around for yourself.

I have seen enough errors/glitches/bugs with the game in my 6 yrs here. Not all get fixed and thats understandable.
    And let's say none of that happens. They take a while but it's fixed and done and great. We'll STILL have the self-entitled crowd whining and complaining about SOMETHING involving it. Be it the fact that they "took too long and its too late" or the like, someone's still going to find a way to get pissed at them.

These kind of whiners can be ignored as usual.
    All things considered, it's actually probably best for them to say they aren't giving anything, then quietly fix the problem and give us something beneficial once everything's said and done.

That something beneficial has not been confirmed till now apart for the measly 5 hypers which are pretty much worthless to the majority.
    Edit: I should mention among all that we'd have a group of people being more reasonable and levelheaded, but that would be a token minority of what we'd see on the forums.

And usually its the bolded group that gets the short end of the stick each time due to PWI ineffectiveness of resolving these kind of issues and going forward they are no longer part of that group or just silently leave which is why they are always in the minority. I would think common sense would tell you this much.
  • Jake_english - Lost City
    Jake_english - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Its pointless to talk about the future when it does not even mention what will be given. If I stated I will charge some amount at a later date can PWE base anything from such a statement? Thats the same case with what is said in the post. It does not state when and what.

1-It is never pointless to talk about the future. More so if you dont know what will happen. You have a good chance it is going to be something Mindblowing :O

Just because I dont post much does not mean I havent been around the forums. I do know people whine and complain. Dont just assume stuff.

2-It is safe to assume that. It is as safe as the way you assume that talking about the future is pointless. Those are assumptions too.

PWI banning the abusers permanently and/or removing all extra dorbs/refines which are not supposed to be there, would take care of all 3 groups mentioned. But from past experience everyone knows these is not something PWI will actually do in the end despite their claims. Anyone can claim they will do this they will do that. Question is have they actually done it?

3-Wouldn't that be a little Excessive? a perma ban? Even if they got a lot of orbs, you must admit that quantity they got isn't infinity. Besides, as i recall DoD wrote in a thread that the abusers who got more than 30 orbs are a minority or something.

4-Removing the orbs? By all means!. If they can then sure. Now they wanting to do it is something else.

5- Again with the assumptions. It is safe for you but not for others? Past experience is that, but even you have to admit not much of us were expecting 10* orbs as a compensation, even less expecting them on all servers.

6- And still, it beckons. You need patience. The future time for whatever they are going to do Hasn't arrived yet . You will have to wait and see what happens :D

I am not talking about a temp ban. A perma ban for all those for abusing a glitch. Will PWI actually go through with it?

7-Here be dragons: We don't know about that, Hell, i doubt even Dod Knows about it, and im sure as hell that Mods here do not know, So cool With the Mods OK? They are our Fonzies in the forums, and Everyone loves Fonzie :D. But it is safe to assume (i think) even PW Employees know that would be unfair retribution for a mistake on their end.

And before you go off quoting the punishment is stated to be a ban...does not say whether permanent or temp. A temp ban is no way effective and many of us know that already.

8-You assume again that it is not effective. Granted i have no way to know if it is. But as a standard punish it goes fairly well. Someone wants something and you deny it from them and there is nothing they can do about it except wait. And i think they hate waiting for sure(its my assumption).

So communicate effectively instead of beating around the bush? Effective Communication has never been PWI's forte as far as I have seen.

9-No comments on this

I have seen enough errors/glitches/bugs with the game in my 6 yrs here. Not all get fixed and thats understandable.

10-Nothing unusual with this jurisdiction too.

These kind of whiners can be ignored as usual.

11-Dang! ignored as usual? that generalization is not fair. They might be Genuinely upset.

That something beneficial has not been confirmed till now apart for the measly 5 hypers which are pretty much worthless to the majority.

12-Assuming again. They may be worthless to you, but For me, they are gold :D. What i mean is, you cant know that for sure. And again, the compensation period is far on the future as we (know/don't know) so we can be patient and wait :D

And usually its the bolded group that gets the short end of the stick each time due to PWI ineffectiveness of resolving these kind of issues and going forward they are no longer part of that group or just silently leave which is why they are always in the minority. I would think common sense would tell you this much.

13-Again, no comments on this for lack of ways to verify this statement.

As a side note. The mods are here to help. Don't be so brazen to them. They are humans too and they have a life to live.

And let's not forget about respect. When you show respect to others, you are showing you respect yourself.

Over all i liked your way of expressing yourself :D

Answers in that ugly color ewwwwww XD
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Biggest issue was that the Dragon Orbs should have been Archosaur exclusive, as well the event gold....just as the rollback and error itself was Archosaur exclusive. I feel that they should have received several free hypers and 5x experience. That helps to cushion the blow a lot better. Nothing should have been given to the other servers. The fact that they did was the largest error, as many people felt that it was unfair that several people got it, abused it, and caused it to end not long after it popped up. I, myself had enough time to go to my university courses, and come back...only to find out that the code had come and gone, all within the time that I had been at my classes. Do I feel that was fair? No, especially since I'm seeing a lot of people who are +10'ed who were +4 as well. So those of us who didn't abuse the system feel less of a reward than those who abused the system and are still able to keep the profits from their abuse. That's a large reason for the complaint by the playerbase, as those of us who did not receive the reward, despite the page stating that we would felt cheated as a result.

All in all, I feel that if they left the compensation exclusive to Archosaur, where the rollback was also exclusive, a lot of this drama could have been resolved. That's my opinion in this matter.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Trololol people crying still about this.

Also, great post OP and go go Kossy b:victory
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Biggest issue was that the Dragon Orbs should have been Archosaur exclusive, as well the event gold....just as the rollback and error itself was Archosaur exclusive. I feel that they should have received several free hypers and 5x experience. That helps to cushion the blow a lot better. Nothing should have been given to the other servers. The fact that they did was the largest error, as many people felt that it was unfair that several people got it, abused it, and caused it to end not long after it popped up. I, myself had enough time to go to my university courses, and come back...only to find out that the code had come and gone, all within the time that I had been at my classes. Do I feel that was fair? No, especially since I'm seeing a lot of people who are +10'ed who were +4 as well. So those of us who didn't abuse the system feel less of a reward than those who abused the system and are still able to keep the profits from their abuse. That's a large reason for the complaint by the playerbase, as those of us who did not receive the reward, despite the page stating that we would felt cheated as a result.

All in all, I feel that if they left the compensation exclusive to Archosaur, where the rollback was also exclusive, a lot of this drama could have been resolved. That's my opinion in this matter.

You should only feel cheated if something was taken. This is the problem with most people. HOW CAN YOU FEEL CHEATED IF YOU GOT IT FOR FREE!!?? Nobody owes you anything, you missed the code. Suck it up.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    thats freaking hilarious lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Er, Kossy, for example, I can't say for others, just can say myself.

If someone like DoD says : "Well, we need waste a lof of time, but we do it and u get it in 1 month". For me it's OK. I'll just silence wait.
    For me 'll ok if in 1 month someone like DoD posts "Eh, it's so hard.. but we'ra working, give ours 1-2 more weeks".

Anyway I'll know well, eventually we get that.

But now it looks kinda funny:

*for you - nothing. But dont worry (be happy) and prepare - a lof ot [censored] at line*.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Trololol people crying still about this.

Remove from my opponents extra refine + charms, or give me that extra refine + charms, and no cry from meb:chuckle

Also you can make it for all who got nothing and ask u about similar on RT toob:pleased

Or stop provocate, our friend PvE-barb from non-TW guildb:shocked

So, so many options for you, right ? ^_^
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    All those complaints and fanbois defend **** game, to much lolz.
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    glaesum wrote: »
    Er, Kossy, for example, I can't say for others, just can say myself.

If someone like DoD says : "Well, we need waste a lof of time, but we do it and u get it in 1 month". For me it's OK. I'll just silence wait.
    For me 'll ok if in 1 month someone like DoD posts "Eh, it's so hard.. but we'ra working, give ours 1-2 more weeks".

Anyway I'll know well, eventually we get that.

But now it looks kinda funny:

*for you - nothing. But dont worry (be happy) and prepare - a lof ot [censored] at line*.

Yeah. In that scenario, you'd be one of those token few people I'd consider being more reasonable about it.

Unfortunately, history has shown we tend to have a bad habbit of blowing things out of proportion here or complaining about... pretty much everything, really. On the one hand, if they gave us constant updates while doing this sort of thing, we'd still have a constant stream of people upset angry and complaining... and being rather loud about it so those who are being more reasonable about it get drowned out. On the other hand if they did it quietly they'd only have to worry about the huge surge of complaints at the start and then could do the work in relative peace.

Granted, I wish this didn't even have to come to this sort of situation to begin with but that's just how I see it as playing out here given my experience here over the years.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kossy where is my JOSD because ocean orbs arent enough for me b:angryb:angry i demand free shards
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kossy where is my JOSD because ocean orbs arent enough for me b:angryb:angry i demand free shards

The raccoons ate them.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah. In that scenario, you'd be one of those token few people I'd consider being more reasonable about it.

Unfortunately, history has shown we tend to have a bad habbit of blowing things out of proportion here or complaining about... pretty much everything, really. On the one hand, if they gave us constant updates while doing this sort of thing, we'd still have a constant stream of people upset angry and complaining... and being rather loud about it so those who are being more reasonable about it get drowned out. On the other hand if they did it quietly they'd only have to worry about the huge surge of complaints at the start and then could do the work in relative peace.

Granted, I wish this didn't even have to come to this sort of situation to begin with but that's just how I see it as playing out here given my experience here over the years.

To be fair, all of humanity does this, every community has a few people who disagree with the punishments being dished out. (Edit) Thank goodness for forum mods. :$ Sadly they so very rarely get any thanks for it/get an extraordinary amount of grief from those who are upset, understandable or not. :$ It take quite a person not to tell them all to just 'shut the **** up'/ban them on the spot.

Sadly though pwi/pwe has an plethora amount of this happening, (people being upset about the punishment being dished out) especially giving their history. :$ (Hell even I can be unreasonable at times, but meh still... it is understandable why people are upset... and I know that you understand that full well. <3)

Besides it is easy to ignore it when we aren't dealing with/seeing it first hand. It's so nice not being on the unfathomable side of things with this... it's nice that I am actually giving them the benefit of the doubt. THOUGH to be completely honest if I hadn't gotten the 'compensation' at all, I probably wouldn't be talking like this/probably would be one of the less reasonable one's. :$ Different circumstances elicit different response from each person. Funny how that works. /o\
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The raccoons ate them.
    absolutely unacceptable.
    I demand compensation for that freebie i lost
    b:angry
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    absolutely unacceptable.

*cough*

<3

I so didnt realize that song was that long.

For the record I know your joking decept. :P

There is a song/clip for every thing! wewt for youtube!

If you think I am being serious... I direct you to this video.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    absolutely unacceptable.

Nuh-uh!
  • Rinkua - Dreamweaver
    Rinkua - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The OP is pretty accurate. The community reminds of retail; Costumers demanding free stuff and whining because they came in too late on Black Friday. f:meh
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Theres one new thread about someone complaining that they didnt login for a week and didnt have a chance to stumble upon this incident.
    A whole new thread b:shutup
    edited November 2013
    Options
    kossy look! made this thinking of you b:cute even tho i dunno who you are accept it please

http://i.imgflip.com/51ueq.jpg
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

^^This even if some people got 10-15 id probably not quit if they just gave me my 3 and 100 event gold etc since it was THEM who shortened the length of the code. Its not like I just missed it cause I wasnt around. Anyway ill troll the forums for a few more weeks to see if anything else is done about this otherwise after 5 yrs I will be leaving pwi.
    The OP is pretty accurate. The community reminds of retail; Costumers demanding free stuff and whining because they came in too late on Black Friday. f:meh

The difference is people didnt come in too late. It would be as if walmart on black friday promised every1 a 100$ gift card just for coming with no "while supplies last warning" then decided at like 5 pm they were just not giving them out anymore because some people abused it. The store would be held liable most likely.