Accurate depiction of PWI community

2»

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Claiming my point is invalid? I'd like to direct you to this post.

People accepting it? Hahahahahaha. Oh you funny! You must not spend much time on the forums, no offense, so let me explain. First we'd still have the flood of people saying it's too late. Then there would be the ones against it still demanding a rollback. Also we'd have the groups that would be on PWI saying that it's not fair abusers would get to use it again because of how "PWI won't do anything to them".

And even with that out of the way...

If they break something in the process of fixing this, even for a short duration, we'd get stuff like:

If they take "too long" as people won't be considerate of the fact they have other things to do, we'd get:

If they weren't constantly updating us on it. If they were, we'd still have some of the people who claim to do X or Y saying things like:

Of course, if they get stuff seemingly fixed up, they test it and it seems to work fine, and something still ends up going wrong, we get posts like... well... I don't even need a quote here. You can look around for yourself.

And let's say none of that happens. They take a while but it's fixed and done and great. We'll STILL have the self-entitled crowd whining and complaining about SOMETHING involving it. Be it the fact that they "took too long and its too late" or the like, someone's still going to find a way to get pissed at them.

All things considered, it's actually probably best for them to say they aren't giving anything, then quietly fix the problem and give us something beneficial once everything's said and done.

Edit: I should mention among all that we'd have a group of people being more reasonable and levelheaded, but that would be a token minority of what we'd see on the forums.

Well, if they are worried about saving time, one would think they would just open it back up (broken) for the same amount of time it was open before, allowing only those that recieved nothing the same opportunity to gouge themselves with Ocean Orbs and Event Gold, THENNNNNN...

when everyone is fat and happy, giddy with joy, and thanking the GM's for all the fr33 st00f, they can close it, and get back to designing an exclusive Archo compensation, that can only be used on Archo.

Why?

Cause its fair.

It's the right thing to do in a positive manner making everyone at PWE look like they care about ALL their players.

I know "forum folks", as a generalization, arent really into concepts like 'fair' and 'positive', or at least it seems like the majority aren't.

You might say doing this too would take too much time, but its a lot less work than all the banning and other stuff, and it might just leave "ingame folks" with a lot better taste in their mouth over the whole ordeal. Could even make some GMs feel good too.

Who knows? *shrugs*

*ghost leaves the machine, and no, she didnt get nothing either, but she didnt expect nothing anyway*

b:bye
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Well, if they are worried about saving time, one would think they would just open it back up (broken) for the same amount of time it was open before, allowing only those that recieved nothing the same opportunity to gouge themselves with Ocean Orbs and Event Gold, THENNNNNN...

How would it be fair to everyone to allow some people to have a ton, and some people to have only 3 all over again. How would it be fair to everyone to guarantee its abuse again? what so even more abusers can have full +10 armor while people who do things legitimately are stuck with only one piece refined? That wouldn't be fair.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How would it be fair to everyone to allow some people to have a ton, and some people to have only 3 all over again. How would it be fair to everyone to guarantee its abuse again? what so even more abusers can have full +10 armor while people who do things legitimately are stuck with only one piece refined? That wouldn't be fair.

*ghost reappears just for you* b:chuckle

You DO realize you just posted 2 questions as a singular contradiction to each other, right?

Its fair to give everyone a chance at the gouging - its not fair not to.

Its a lot less work on the GMs, and the BULK of ingame players will appreciate it.

The Mods should like it. Any QQ threads from Merchants can just be sent to a Marketplace or the ever-favored Lower Depths forum.

Its a Win-win for everyone. If word got out, its enough to attract old players back. Who could turn their back on the chance at so much loot?

*points at self* This ghost wouldnt. b:chuckle

That being said, do I expect anything of the sort to happen?

Absolutely not.

The "forum folks" arent really into the concepts of 'fair' - and honestly, a 'positive' suggestion that has such great potential to revitalize the game seems conpletely out of their grasp.

*ghost leaves the machine. Goodnight, Venus* b:bye
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Idk how much this would help, but for now its a partial solution. If pw did actually keep the record of who actually abused the code compared to those that had a screen lag, then it might be possible for pw to compensate better by giving those that werent able to use the code compared to those that did. Simply by mailing in game the items that were from the code, plus also adding a double set of the ocean orbs and 1 extra event card along with the rest of the rewards. It might make players a bit more satisfied. So heres the idea

6 D orb oceans to those that werent able to use the code.

3 event cards for the same bunch of players. Plus include 1 extra event card to those that had the screen lag.

Along with the rest of the rewards like the hypers, plat vip ticket, apoth potions and etc.

Im just putting my two cents in on this since it seems like no one can come up with a decent solution for pw besides for the rollback and whatever else has been said.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • iamsam801
    iamsam801 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Claiming my point is invalid? I'd like to direct you to this post.

People accepting it? Hahahahahaha. Oh you funny! You must not spend much time on the forums, no offense, so let me explain. First we'd still have the flood of people saying it's too late. Then there would be the ones against it still demanding a rollback. Also we'd have the groups that would be on PWI saying that it's not fair abusers would get to use it again because of how "PWI won't do anything to them".

And even with that out of the way...

If they break something in the process of fixing this, even for a short duration, we'd get stuff like:

If they take "too long" as people won't be considerate of the fact they have other things to do, we'd get:

If they weren't constantly updating us on it. If they were, we'd still have some of the people who claim to do X or Y saying things like:

Of course, if they get stuff seemingly fixed up, they test it and it seems to work fine, and something still ends up going wrong, we get posts like... well... I don't even need a quote here. You can look around for yourself.

And let's say none of that happens. They take a while but it's fixed and done and great. We'll STILL have the self-entitled crowd whining and complaining about SOMETHING involving it. Be it the fact that they "took too long and its too late" or the like, someone's still going to find a way to get pissed at them.

All things considered, it's actually probably best for them to say they aren't giving anything, then quietly fix the problem and give us something beneficial once everything's said and done.

Edit: I should mention among all that we'd have a group of people being more reasonable and levelheaded, but that would be a token minority of what we'd see on the forums.

By far the rudest Mod on the forums. Hey OP try taking your head out of the hole where the sun doesn't shine and stop offending people with your ignorance. Or is that to impossible for you to do?
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    iamsam801 wrote: »
    By far the rudest Mod on the forums. Hey OP try taking your head out of the hole where the sun doesn't shine and stop offending people with your ignorance. Or is that to impossible for you to do?

I hope the CM throws Mjolnir at you and not just a regular ban hammer!

That was rude, dishonest and outright seriously stupid.

All I'll I'm gonna say to you is bye!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    iamsam801 wrote: »

You'd be upset too if you had to deal with what she/venus, and even a few of the other mods have had to deal with the past few days. They ARE H U M A N... we are all capable of making mistakes/showing our anger. IJS

Also for the record I don't think that she was being that rude with that reply, perhaps a little short, but not rude.

---

Anyways back to the topic...

Rawr
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive