Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• TheDutchman - Raging Tide
    TheDutchman - Raging Tide Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013

But still it all would have been a lot easier if ppl just read a bit before they started yelling out that the economy is destroyed the AH flooded with stuff from the code and etc.

says the idiot that can;t even read himself
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    siresi wrote: »
    I want my orbs just like all the other did!!

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST!!

If history is our guide, the people who took advantage will get a 1 to 3 day suspension and full advantage of their cheating while the people who did not redeem before the system was shut down are out of luck. That is the way PWE runs things.
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    SyIver - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I really hope English, or a derivative of it isn't your first language.

In case u dident know this is Perfect World International not Perfect World US or UK so try to troll better then this.
    And OPKossy why dont tell this guy to stop floading/trolling? or others who did.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The people who didn't redeem wont get anything. The OP of this thread said so to me in private messages. So qq for me since i didn't get it yet.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zirex147 wrote: »
    To people getting off this perfect world ... Because GM is ****, others take advantage, e nois that we have not got any serious problems, For While some succeeded easy easy. nois'll have to grate a lot to achieve.
    So that DefenderOfDreams not think about it.
    At least he could give Roll Back

Ewww, you did what in your shorts from giving the roll back?
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I'm hoping so. I'm not holding my breath considering that this sort of reaction honestly may have scared the poor guy away from trying to help us out in the future (he's already stretched thin between multiple games and has to deal with his bosses for anything he tries to get us), but I'm certainly hoping he'll be able to get everyone something for all this after the dust settles.

So there is only one person actually working there...well..would have been easier just to give what people want, a rollback.So i can already see that there will be no fix for this problem the abusers will get to keep that nonsense literally ruining the economy and gameplay for others, i was actually sitting not logging in, still hoping that...''he'' will come to his senses and will do a rollback, as it stands out. Pwi screwed.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    says the idiot that can;t even read himself

Keep throwing out insults ;)

I cant read ? Check your grammar ! Also can't is not can;t, roll back is actually rollback ... Troll ? Yes yes ofc!

Truth hurts i know that but still try not to insult me all to much now!
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Since my thread post bugged and only a third got posted, ill repost it here and hopefully get some decent responses.

I'm alright with the rollback not happening, but there are still a few questions that remain unanswered.

1. The Abusers of the code, how are you going to seperate them from players that unintentionally have gotten more than they ment to get. Obviously, if I were one of the abusers, i'd just say i clicked and didnt know that was going to happen. You CANNOT base the punishment on the statements of the players which leads me to believe that they're not going to punish anyone for this. *applause for the abusers and "unintentional users"*
    For this, I'll just quote myself from earlier:
    They're aware people may have gained more than 3 unintentionally due to system lag.

They also, I'd assume judging from that response, know where the max for that would be that someone not actively attempting to abuse the system would get.

So those below that maximum are likely safe while those above it are not. Naturally, telling people this maximum would be a bad idea since then we'd get "smart" cheaters in the future who would abuse that knowledge. Assuming, of course, that the page isn't fixed by the time that such a thing would become an issue.
    2. Let's say there is a way to make a difference between the intentional and unintentional abusers, I think there are still a few things that need to be discussed. How are you going to punish the abusers, and what are they going to do about the people that unintentionally used the glitch. Because, i know someone that says (or so she claims) to unintentionally have gotten 45 orbs. Basically, 15 mails. Are these people allowed to keep their amount orbs and all other gifts that came with that mail? How are they planning on solving this issue. This leads me to believe that punishing the abusers and the people that used the glitch unintentionally is rather difficult and so, leads me to believe that the punishment is either going to fall lightly, or not at all.
    I doubt you'll get an answer on this as it's company policy for them, and many other companies, to keep matters of punishment strictly between the company and the one being punished. It's part of the whole "bans cannot be discussed on the forums" issue. While I, for one, would love to see more details on this, I don't think we'll be given that.
    3. Then there is my third question, which I'm not going to argue, my personal and most important question. What are they going to do about the people that didn't get the chance to use the code? For me, the site to redeem the code was unaccessable, as it was for many other users. I will not suggest things, like possible solutions, since my opinion is based on my own situation and therefore I cannot give a realistic and honest suggestion.

However, I think I speak for most of us when I'm saying that there's still a lot that needs to be discussed and cleared out.

Thank you for reading my post.
    Much Appreciated ^^ b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
    For now, it seems that those on Archo will be given their compensation but the one intended for everyone has been cancelled. I'm hoping once things settle down, DoD will be able to get us all something (if our behavior and actions haven't scared him off) but at this point in time it's not something I'd hold my breath for.
    This is what he sent me in private messages:

-snip-
    That's rather unfortunate, even if sensible considering that someone's job may even be at stake after what's happened here.

Maybe after this is all over he'll be able to change the minds of his bosses. :/
    Everyone knows how PWE has supposedly punished cheaters in the past. A 1 to 3 day suspension and a massive advantage created by their cheating. It is a joke so yes the cheaters will still essentially get away with their misdeeds as always.

I realize you are just a player like we are and you volunteer to help control the forums. We appreciate what you are doing. If it was not for people like you these forums would be a free for all. PWE does not want to have paid employees helping the customers or playing the game to see what is going wrong.
    Is it wrong of me to hope that they've learned from their past mistakes? Especially with someone who, while only a temp CM and stretched thin, has already been pushing so hard to get things done for us?

DoD doesn't have to do nearly as much as he does, but he still tries anyways. So yes, I'm hoping that he can get his bosses to deliver actual punishment.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • sardinus
    sardinus Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    is there a server that has not been affected by this fiasco? i want to quit Archosaur and start ove in one of those servers. otherwise i weii quit this game for good.
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Keep throwing out insults ;)

I cant read ? Check your grammar ! Also can't is not can;t, roll back is actually rollback ... Troll ? Yes yes ofc!

Truth hurts i know that but still try not to insult me all to much now!

And "Mod" tells me i troll and yet it lets ppl like that guy do what he want.
    sardinus wrote: »
    is there a server that has not been affected by this fiasco? i want to quit Archosaur and start ove in one of those servers. otherwise i weii quit this game for good.

Nope all got affected.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why are you attacking Kossy? The part I do not get.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    And "Mod" tells me i troll and yet it lets ppl like that guy do what he want.

I have indeed just answered a person that keeps personaly insulting me calling me names and etc.

But sure ...

Anyway the guys doing tickets are back on em on monday or they are doing them on the weekened as well ?
  • sardinus
    sardinus Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    my apologies for my mispelling and typos, im experiencing issues with my keyboard.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013

Ye one staff member actually decides to talk with us and he gets his head cut off xD

Now i wonder why they dont come in these threads anymore.
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013

If u read back a few pages u will see. Plus is not like i atack'ed i only pointed a few thinghs who seams that are true.
  • jjj1234
    jjj1234 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just quit, this game sucks now!!!! see ya pwi, -snip- is way better anyway.
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The people who didn't redeem wont get anything. The OP of this thread said so to me in private messages. So qq for me since i didn't get it yet.

Eh.. Well anyway you already ve said it.

Well, so Kossy still try smthg *ja ja alles gut*, *penalty for cheaters*, *no roll-back*

But I've another question, dont ignore me plz.

Why we disciminated ?b:cry Contrast with ppl who for example get 3 orbs or 6 orbs or ?? orbs (so who didnt cheat anything, just redeem code with/w.o. page error).

What about us ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (?)

Coz we need spend at least 100-200-300 dollars just for re-gain our previous *ranking*.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    I have indeed just answered a person that keeps personaly insulting me calling me names and etc.

But sure ...

Anyway the guys doing tickets are back on em on monday or they are doing them on the weekened as well ?

That i dunno srry.
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People attacking Kossy for doing his Job are stupid he has no Perfect world Power...Other then that I hope DD can get 3 Orbs for everyone who only got 1 or 6 for people who got none Good Job Kossy for doing the best Job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • jjj1234
    edited November 2013
    If u read back a few pages u will see. Plus is not like i atack'ed i only pointed a few thinghs who seams that are true.
    things*
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, what I get out of this whole debacle, is while the compensation/gift was the best PWE had given, a few ruined it for everyone, and those that didnt receive the gift, if you arent from Archosaur, more than likely you won't get anything.

And on top of that, any future issues, crashes, rollbacks, will grant the playerbase no compensation, or future fun gifts from PWE, because the playerbase can't handle it. Even if PWE did think about giving the players something, is now forever tossed out the proverbial window allowing them to just tell you, "we apologize for the inconvenience" and leave it at that. Every time they try to do something nice, it either has issues, or people find ways to abuse it.

Honestly I can't blame them at all if they never offer anything again.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Is it wrong of me to hope that they've learned from their past mistakes? Especially with someone who, while only a temp CM and stretched thin, has already been pushing so hard to get things done for us?

DoD doesn't have to do nearly as much as he does, but he still tries anyways. So yes, I'm hoping that he can get his bosses to deliver actual punishment.

We can always hope but unfortunately I feel history is a good form of measurement. Having only DoD watching several different games shows how little management above DoD cares about the experience of their customers. Like you, DoD is very limited in what he can do and upper management could care less. That is the same reason the world chat on Heavens Tear is frequently rated XXX.
  • jjj1234
    edited November 2013
    -removed-
  • VairyHagina - Morai
    VairyHagina - Morai Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    WTB> Official non-half-assed statemant on what is gonna happen from now on! kthxbaib:victory
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013

Seriously ?

That sucks big time ... So somebody will get a 3 month punishment (or w/e similar to that) and stay with all those items and we cant even get to use the code ???

Oh well like everything else in life it sucks to be fair and honest xD

Still gona wait for the answer to my ticket and a official statement from the staff tho.
  • Orvet - Morai
    Orvet - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, what I get out of this whole debacle, is while the compensation/gift was the best PWE had given, a few ruined it for everyone, and those that didnt receive the gift, if you arent from Archosaur, more than likely you won't get anything.

True that.. but then why they didn't make it only for Archosaur server if that was what they trly meant? why say it's for all if it is not, that is the thing I quit not undestand in here.
    And I wouldn't wonder either if they wouldn't give us anything later on, since true is that allways there is problems or unhappy persons aso.
  • MysticHayley - Heavens Tear
    MysticHayley - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    good job pwe fail again, 5 year anni fail, this fail, goons fail. o wait you said you would punish the people for cheating, but nope failed again. punish the people that abused the code wont happen, and stopped anyone else from getting it. fail again.
  • FirstJustice - Lost City
    FirstJustice - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For this, I'll just quote myself from earlier:

I doubt you'll get an answer on this as it's company policy for them, and many other companies, to keep matters of punishment strictly between the company and the one being punished. It's part of the whole "bans cannot be discussed on the forums" issue. While I, for one, would love to see more details on this, I don't think we'll be given that.

For now, it seems that those on Archo will be given their compensation but the one intended for everyone has been cancelled. I'm hoping once things settle down, DoD will be able to get us all something (if our behavior and actions haven't scared him off) but at this point in time it's not something I'd hold my breath for.

That's rather unfortunate, even if sensible considering that someone's job may even be at stake after what's happened here.

Maybe after this is all over he'll be able to change the minds of his bosses. :/

First of all, thank you for your answer. I greatly appreciate it. However, I'm not happy to hear it, since it sounds like you yourself doubt there's much explaining going to come from anyone any time soon.

Keep it up, seems like you our the only one reading this thread ^^
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This playerbase disappoints me. If I was to be the one with the power to give rewards, after what hhappened I probably wouldnt do so anymore.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • forumpsybrazil
    forumpsybrazil Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Im Sorry to be honest GM but I can assure that the abusing characters will be banned for a week and that's it. Than they will come back with 9+ Orbs +10 and kick our butts like if nothing happens.

Personally I have printed myself people complaining about that and I'm just a level 86 without main chars to help me out.

Note: I could not get the code, so to me was a total useless code at all.

Let's face the truth ... PWI will not do anything, not ban, not to take back the advantages they took or anything else.

As few friends just say to me ... thanks PWI.

Sincerely Its better come back and play PS4 or XboX because at least we will not be scammed
This discussion has been closed.