Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think that would be very appropriate punishment. Just look at the mail logs any person that redeemed that code multiple times should have all the orbs taken away and any refines they made as well, better yet roll back their character to the previous maintenance. And once you do that, ban their character until the code availability is over so they can't use it again.

This would be a fitting punishment and it does not effect those who did nothing wrong.
    What if they've already been used? How do they know what was already +10 and what was glitched? Same thing with redeemed event gold.

derp derp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • arun89
    arun89 Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well those that clearly and blatantly did abuse it should be punished. Maybe not banned but the items they refined rolled back or something :D

Yea GM's should log their toons and tienkang all +10 **** till they get + 0 and purge gems b:laughb:chuckle
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, everyone just relax and let's see what they figure out.

The code "abuse", from what I've heard, wasn't actually intentional by everyone, some ppl just got more orbs than others, and in some cases a LOT more. Now, did they DO something to make that happen OR did PWI just send them more orbs? We all know that PWI is not infallible and they are always having mistakes and game glitches that allow ppl to take advantage of them.

So, let's just see what they (PWI) decides, and THEN we'll decide if that is something that we can live with.

I prefer no roll back.

The orbs that some people did receive, they cannot sell, they can only use them on their own BOUND gear, so they cannot even sell the gear after it's refined. Let's not be hasty with our desire to PUNISH ppl for 1. something that may not have been in their control and 2. for something that wasn't as great as we are all thinking it was.

There will be MORE value, in lost items and time, lost from a roll back, than what people are THINKING was the advantage that a few people gained from an orb glitch/abuse.

I did not get in on the bounty, BUT just because people did, does that mean I want to punish many? and possibly lose things that I gained over the last few days? NO, what about people who may have just farmed their g16 cube neck, THAT is not something that can be regained in a few days for sure. How many other people may have gotten a piece of gear, that took months to attain, within the last few days? I know that "best case scenario" after roll back, you'd have all the components to make the piece again, BUT what if we don't? We all know how PWI is notorious for issues...ijs, that's why we are all here on this thread.

If many ppl lose things like THAT just to punish a few who got a few BOUND orbs, then we are not thinking along the proper lines.

are u SERIOUSLY saying that free +11 gear is NOT AS GREAT AS WE R THINKING????
    gj man, gj
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    with your one track mind u dont see how it will effect ppl even if they didnt get orbs.....seems u dont want ppl to have fun or want ppl to get fvcked over on all the sh#t they have earned...

My one track mind lol u have been saying this whole time no roll back for your own greedy reasons why dont u go shut ur face no one cares what u say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xxchillxx - Sanctuary
    Xxchillxx - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you can have mine ill quit too this game making me sad
  • Aryanz - Momaganon
    Aryanz - Momaganon Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    **** you know nothing. I did not abuse any code. And I am definitely going to be very p*ssed if I lose R9 twice. Some of you people b*tch just to hear your selves b*tch. It is really sad. Get it back? That's what they said last time, I'm not recovered completely from that yet. Everyone says wait for a sale? Wait? I was R9 two weeks ago, why should I have to wait? ***!!!

Rollback = half Quit

Don't rollback = half Quit

Guess what!?! We are all ***'d so gonna have to get over it.

if both rollback and not rollback = half quit...then better rollback coz that will help PWI economically and would be fair for those who just got full gear +10 or even +11 b:surrender
  • BaniraM - Archosaur
    BaniraM - Archosaur Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok, again for all people, because I have the feeling many don't realize what they will get with a roll back:

The compensation code originally supposed to be available only for players from Archosaur Server.
    This would mean, if we get a roll-back, all people from other server won't get anything at all except wasted time for all the people who farmed and lvl-ed within this time.
    Yes, no code for other servers.
    And then other servers will need compensation for lost time too(?)...

THINK ABOUT IT!
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok, again for all people, because I have the feeling many don't realize what they will get with a roll back:

The compensation code originally supposed to be available only for players from Archosaur Server.
    This would mean, if we get a roll-back, all people from other server won't get anything at all except wasted time for all the people who farmed and lvl-ed within this time.
    Yes, no code for other servers.
    And then other servers will need compensation for lost time too(?)...

THINK ABOUT IT!

I, and a lot of other people would take the hit if it meant getting rid of players with unfair, OP gear, event gold and charms. People who don't want a rollback either glitched themselves, or are too selfish to realize no rollback would deeply damage/kill the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • fox15gr
    fox15gr Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If RollBack Make it Happen After Maintance 3 Days ago..
    from that moment i saw people getting orbs in HL server
  • ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rollback, but make sure you have some staff on hand who actually know what they are doing (you might need to hire some of these).

I am very concerned that the rollback itself will just introduce more problems so make sure it is planned well and you have a strategy for handling the situation where the rollback itself goes wrong.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I, and a lot of other people would take the hit if it meant getting rid of players with unfair, OP gear, event gold and charms. People who don't want a rollback either glitched themselves, or are too selfish to realize no rollback would deeply damage/kill the game.

100% agreed
  • Momentarily - Harshlands
    Momentarily - Harshlands Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nooooooooooooo noooooooooooo nooooooooooo
  • Arriioch - Dreamweaver
    Arriioch - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree - all of these items went through the mail and were from the GM. We know the time they began redeeming them and the time they turned it off.

So simply go - query - and find anyone that was mailed over the amount of letters this generated. Take back the extras.

Are you kidding me? They can't even keep up with tickets they get yet they mail out every single code that gets redeemed individually? It's an automated system on a crappy server. When the server gets lagged out (and when HASN"T PWI or the servers been lagged out so why would the website be any differernt?) people whi try and redeem codes probably get bounced and they get double, triple or more rewards because this system they have is craptastic. It needs to be updated as does the game and it's engines.

When you have outdated pages and laggy servers issues arise and that's when people start to notice that they can mess with the system and glitch things.

Yes it may not be right, yes it may not be a good thing but you are going to punish so many others that did not glitch. That earn their things the hard way. I got 3 orbs and whatever else was supposse to be sent on my main account. I redeem the code once for my other account .... that got 3x the orbs but I can't use all but 3 because my armor is lunar unbound. I will not bind it just to use a few orbs. I used 3 orbs on my weapons as they were already +7 so now I have unused orbs I will probably sell.

As for extra charms? Most of us that TW/NW go through 2-4 plat charms a weekend. Those will last us all of 2 weeks give or take. 2-3 mil xp? people 101+ ... they will hardly notice that? Free apo? Again most of us burn through that stuff like it's candy on halloween.

THe dreamchaser glitch was horrid ... I know people that got BILLIONS off that glitch but they did nothing but ban them for a few days ... goon glitch? Still unpunished. This is not a "game breaking" issues. Those that got orbs will not be any more OP than they were before because all the r9rrs will still be able to dominate the lot of us still anyway.

I'm sure my +7 lunar g16 gear and my +10 pataka will be so OP that I can take down an R9rr easily ..... yea nope not going to happen but we might be able to last 2-3 shots instead of 1-2 :D
  • thiagodmelo
    thiagodmelo Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Simple, or does rollback to yesterday before the code, or else banish all who took over once the code

is not just the orbs, but also for xp, event gold and plat charm
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    arun89 wrote: »
    Yea GM's should log their toons and tienkang all +10 **** till they get + 0 and purge gems b:laughb:chuckle

They dont have to log anything they can do it from the GM console. Or should be able to anyway ...

Check the logs see who used zillion +10 stones and simply remake that gear back to what it originaly was.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • shivyz
    shivyz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People please a roll back could have dire consequences and should may not be nesecary, all they have to do is get rid of the d orbs in maintenance to just make it 3 instead of like 6. THINK!!!!!! if they do a roll back from u all suggesting, how would tha be fair to the PEOPLE who worked hard to get lets say lvl 100 or some type of equipment, or other stuff, HOOOOWW would that be fair to them???? and as for u guys, I no u got something u finally wanted to get during this time DOO u wanna see it gone???? now that u worked to get it????f:strivef:strivef:strivef:strivef:strive
  • Mermi - Morai
    Mermi - Morai Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GM can we get the code back please i know many People use it but not all please b:sad

that's not true ranky QQ i just told u that ingame :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PrincessInge - Heavens Tear
    PrincessInge - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I find it unfair that u disabled the code
    only because other ppl greedy and we all miss out
    by time u sorted out the promotion code run out the the rest off us don't get nothing
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I say roll back every server to like nov 9 and give no compensation what so ever to any one and that'll fix this whole mess

Arch deserved their compensation. Not their fault PWE screwed up and didn't make the codes work for their server only.

Everyone else didn't need compensation just because a few people used codes on other servers.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Simple, or does rollback to yesterday before the code, or else banish all who took over once the code

Chances they made a rollback yesterday are as big as the chances that dinosaurs still live in central America hidden in caves.

It would more likely be 4-7 days
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lol at ppl getting many +10 orb.
  • pwiforever
    pwiforever Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just rollback lasts 24 hours.. thats all!!
  • destinylynne
    destinylynne Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If your gonna rollback do it already, just decide stop talking about it. Either do it or don't do it, just make a decision. I don't want to sit here doing things to find out that your gonna roll back and I just wasted my time doing things. Don't wait a week from now just get it over with . I don't care either way just tell us what your gonna do.
  • shivyz
    edited November 2013
    People please a roll back could have dire consequences and should may not be nesecary, all they have to do is get rid of the d orbs in maintenance to just make it 3 instead of like 6. THINK!!!!!! if they do a roll back from u all suggesting, how would tha be fair to the PEOPLE who worked hard to get lets say lvl 100 or some type of equipment, or other stuff, HOOOOWW would that be fair to them???? and as for u guys, I no u got something u finally wanted to get during this time DOO u wanna see it gone???? now that u worked to get it????
  • cynnisterhunter
    cynnisterhunter Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't really care if there is a roll back or not. I put in the code for myself, it shows that it went thru but I'm still waiting for it to show up in my box
  • klaine22
    klaine22 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:angry your giving codes and others are abusing it while others are sleeping in midnight. HELL YES! roll back please- just give it only once in each account-. THank you!
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No, don't rollback. ~.~

God, such children. "THEY HAVE MORE TOYS THAN ME, mommy, punish them!"

How about we mute the word "orb" from WC though.

(I have no orbs. Before people whine at me about wanting to hoard them or something)
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • shivyz
    edited November 2013
    People please a roll back could have dire consequences and should may not be nesecary, all they have to do is get rid of the d orbs in maintenance to just make it 3 instead of like 6. THINK!!!!!! if they do a roll back from u all suggesting, how would tha be fair to the PEOPLE who worked hard to get lets say lvl 100 or some type of equipment, or other stuff, HOOOOWW would that be fair to them???? and as for u guys, I no u got something u finally wanted to get during this time DOO u wanna see it gone???? now that u worked to get it????
  • sansamsansam
    sansamsansam Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Isn't it at all possible to discard the idea of a rollback and compensate the people who didn't get anything?
    win/win?
This discussion has been closed.