Will you quit?

Options

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Unless they radically change the way the clients start up, there will be ways to use the clients without Arc.

I will continue to provide data as I have previously to assist in this.

The biggest problem with stopping/slowing these kinds of developments, is that most people will only complain about it in forum threads. You need to contact the company, or start a petition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Have you figured out where it is getting its updates from. Is it a similar process?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Have you figured out where it is getting its updates from. Is it a similar process?
    So far it's using the same process for updates as it did previously. The locations of the file stores have just changed in some instances. I need to delve into it more though and haven't had a lot of free time for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,840 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Really a wait and See for me.

When another system like this came out I did stop playing that game, I do now however play it sometimes now. The system was bad at first and needed a lot of work and feedback.

They would be stupid to move to a system the player base does not like until such time as it is really with out faults and problems.

We shall See!
  • mayral
    mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

All i hope is before they launch ARC they should re-test this new ARC and try to find most of the buggs in it and remove it making it a good product for players to use. PWE PLEASE DON"T RUSH THIS TIME !

I wouldn't be nervous if I didn't know PWE. That is what bothers me, it WILL have buggs and I think that they are not going to fix the DQ problem either
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Infyniti - Raging Tide
    Infyniti - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not sure yet. I guess i will try it out for a time, even though i'm very very iffy about it all.. guess we will just have to wait and see.
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ok, after all the disliking and horror posts i have read about arc, i did the *maybe or not* mistake and installed arc and also the game with arc new.

my system is:
    a supermarket complete pc with
    win7 home premium 64bit
    intel I5-750 quadcore
    nividia GT330 OEM

you see it's nothing special and i think the most will have something better.

arc + game run now since last maintance without any problems, no game crash, dc or system crash. the arc browser itself loading fast, also none pwi sites.

i don't have more cpu activity nor does it slow down my system.

about arc?
    at the current developement no one realy need arc. maybe at later time there will come some nice advantages.

will i quite the game when arc is mandatory? no

only reason for me to quite is when pwi starts to include adware or the security is realy too weak.
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    id wait to see what the final, forced-on-players, release is like before i decide.

seems to me its just a Garena variant. -- > community based GUI that links a buncha games into one launcher and has its own social networking.

If thats the case it seems like pwi's way of minimising the website use and delivering all its content and blahbleh via the arc system which is going to be a BANDWITH DRAIN (hence ppl already complaining about lag while using it ) if it is to be left continously running.

Half of us dont even use vent and other voice chat systems for that reason and arc is just gonna be another add to that list unless it is trimmed down to essentials only
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would at least try it before decide anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So far it's using the same process for updates as it did previously. The locations of the file stores have just changed in some instances. I need to delve into it more though and haven't had a lot of free time for it.

This is really good and helpful info. Could you also maybe explain or link to a forum thread that does explain about the kind of load that Arc may put on ones PC? I mean i have used Arc and noticed a slight difference in how fast my PC processes while trying to play PWI but i cant confirm if it is from running Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    well thats good, only thing i see being a problem is if pwe gets pwcn to insert code into the client to only launch from arc as it does with the current launcher
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I really dont get the issues ppl have with arc it took me 2mins to DL and updates seem to run faster for me using it if it helps get rid of problems we've had like the DQ or blessing pages randomly failing every other update or maint then im all for it
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok so after reading, basically for those that have an extra PC you just have to install it on there to get the benefits of redemptions and use the old client on your main PC?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok so after reading, basically for those that have an extra PC you just have to install it on there to get the benefits of redemptions and use the old client on your main PC?

I guess that's a good idea, didnt even think of that. so laptop for school gets arc then, i never play there lol.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Currently started a new game so PWI is on the back scene for real gaming, only doing dailies and browsing ah for deals, no farming, nothing, if it really comes to us using that POS I will have no problem mowing, people from our faction are already gone there and more will follow, the other game is fairly new so bugs etc, persist but the concept is nice. b:dirty
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I will not quit just because of ARC, but if new reward system uses it and it's same value as previous DQ system, I most likely will not install ARC, I can live without it just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not worried about one little thing like Arc destroying the game. Every change this game makes comes with an torrential rain of tears from forum posters.

OTOH, watching people QQ up a storm is nothing short of entertaining.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    While it isn't anything revolutionary, ARC has been taking up less memory than google chrome w/ 1 empty tab open. My PC is over 2 years old as well.

I'm having a hard time seeing how other people are having so many problems with ARC. The LOL AIR client does noticeably slow down my computer though, so if it turns out to be as bloated as LOL's client I could see problems with running it 24/7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    While it isn't anything revolutionary, ARC has been taking up less memory than google chrome w/ 1 empty tab open. My PC is over 2 years old as well.

I'm having a hard time seeing how other people are having so many problems with ARC. The LOL AIR client does noticeably slow down my computer though, so if it turns out to be as bloated as LOL's client I could see problems with running it 24/7.

Well I may have spoken too soon. 20 minutes after I started up ARC and posted the above reply, my computer experienced a BSOD, only the 3rd time in the entire time I've had this comp. Strangely enough 2 of those times have been AFTER I installed ARC. Is it a coincidence? Possibly.

Also ARC does consume very low memory and runs smoothly most of the time, but for some reason when downloading something it uses up a LOT of resources. I'm wondering why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not worried about one little thing like Arc destroying the game. Every change this game makes comes with an torrential rain of tears from forum posters.

OTOH, watching people QQ up a storm is nothing short of entertaining.

Some people may leave/qq because they dont want to run the program, others like me will leave because I cant use it. I had a similar problem with another game, the installer would not run on this computer. Never figured it out and the dev's did not either(that i am aware of) but I think it was related to a hardware/software problem in the code itself.

This happened as well when Dx 9c was implemented. Quite a lot of people left not because they wanted to but because they had no choice. Dx9c does not run or run correctly on all hardware even today. The faction I was in at the time when Dx 9c was introduced had 100+ active daily players, the next day there was about 20.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is really good and helpful info. Could you also maybe explain or link to a forum thread that does explain about the kind of load that Arc may put on ones PC? I mean i have used Arc and noticed a slight difference in how fast my PC processes while trying to play PWI but i cant confirm if it is from running Arc.

STO link about PWE and Arc.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1017551

PWI link about Arc.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4274#ARC13

IN this especially note the section:

Will Arc have built-in notification functionality?

The current version of Arc has messaging functionality - simply add any Perfect World account as one of your friends, and you

Stupid web site program edited my original comments out when I saved dang LOL.

But as I said before in my original unedited post this will have to add an overhead to the game code to call these additional, but totally unnecessary for some, features while playing ingame.

Do not be fooled by not seeing a specific process or service running in the back ground, you may get a better picture of it when the full program is fully implemented and we can see how much extra memory image is used by the actual game code compared to it now.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • _Kir/siN_ - Raging Tide23
    _Kir/siN_ - Raging Tide23 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I will have NO CHOICE BUT TO QUIT since Arc won't work on my laptop! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I like how it's 2 votes No and 0 votes Yes....

I'll quit when I get a better computer.

that's funny cuz i quit this game when i built a new pc lolz.game has terrible graphics.such a fool for wasting 5 years of my life on this terrible community and game.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I don't want arc but will wait until it is implemented and people post on the forums with the issues. If its a fuster cluck, then I will have no desire to install it and will not think twice about permanently quitting.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    My opinion: If I ever do quit for good, it won't be because of Arc. But because of the game in itself. I'll explain why I say this down below...
    (I'm actually starting the game through Arc and I don't see what the big fuss is all about, no offense. It doesn't do anything to hinder me at all so far.)

Everyone is on their way or already are 100+, for the most part I feel left out and completely lonely with nobody to talk to and nothing interesting to participate/get involved in other than the occasional BHs and my solo TT escapades. Well, this might also be because I'm socially awkward and I don't want to FCC to catch up and be like everyone else just yet. There are things in my current level state I still enjoy doing, I only wish I could share these things with a group like in the oh-so-mentioned "old days".

But, this is the game. Nothing's going to change and people don't care.
    That's why I'm not entirely convinced Arc is the only problem for everyone and should be the only reason one would quit, maybe there are others out there who feel the same way I do.

The person/s behind Arc don't seem like changing anything at this point and put a stopper on the process of making it mandatory. Surely they have their reasons and I can understand that. A company sometimes just needs these new things. Which is why I'm impartial and don't care much about it.
    If by implementing it some things will become better/newer/interesting and maybe more people would be interested in joining PWI, that would make me happy personally. "Newblood" is something to look forward to!

I can see why some people don't agree with this new thing though. In the end, it all comes down to investing time in something if you are enjoying it. If you're not, it's better to move on and find something else to spare yourself the stress.
    Be it if the stress comes from Arc or something else; if it doesn't benefit you, by all means, move on. If it gets to the point where you can no longer stand it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jjbrendan
    jjbrendan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Am staying here when ARC comes only because of all the friends I have made here. I wish to see proof the ARC is as secure as what we already have here first.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I really dont get the issues ppl have with arc it took me 2mins to DL and updates seem to run faster for me using it if it helps get rid of problems we've had like the DQ or blessing pages randomly failing every other update or maint then im all for it

When I returned to PWI, I saw ARC for the very first time. I deleted my previous toons and made this Venomancer and a Cleric to assist me.

When I tried to duo log, I received this: "Cannot launch the game again while it is running. Please exit the game and try again."

So far I've been able to run ARC on my laptops with XP, 7 and this one runs 8.

Sometimes, the explanations are rather simple. Many might not want to be forced to only be able to log one character at a time, and an inability to go into the folder to use the client there - to open multiple clients at once...

We know many open enough to easily farm instances - and this would possibly put an end to it. And maybe others are afraid it would eventually be able detect third-party scripts used for the purpose of botting and hacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    How can people vote against/for something they have not tried? I don't like certain parts of ARC but it does not mean that PWI can not change those things. My opinion is if the ARC removes the possibility of the glitches we experienced the past week then YES please, and if people quit because of it then oh well b:bye

How will ARC fix the glitches? ARC has nothing to do with the individual games themselves.. all the games are server side and all the problems they have had are on the servers. ARC will do zero to add stability to the games you play.

I've been using ARC since the beginning and i do not like how much memory and CPU it hogs. It crashes and sometimes just refuses to do things that it is supposed to do, like update games, or launch them. I have a very powerful rig, and maybe thats the problem, but i have so little info to go on when ARC crashes i don't know what is going on.

I see no real good feedback mechanism, nor way to interact with the ARC team.

To be very very clear, ARC is a PWE only thing, all other companies are not, i repeat not implementing ARC, so the thoughts of this being something the Chinese are making us do is absurd.

Keep your facts straight.

Back on topic... if they don't fix ARC, i'll try my best to make sure it doesn't run, and i'll try to find a way around it.

They need to really work through the bugs.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    that's funny cuz i quit this game when i built a new pc lolz.game has terrible graphics.such a fool for wasting 5 years of my life on this terrible community and game.

Not to be nasty but the question begs to be asked: Why are you still here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I got arc installed but havn't used it at all.

Ill wait to see how it is and decide from there
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
This discussion has been closed.