Will you quit?

Options
TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Will you quit if Arc is implemented as they have stated in the recent sticky found here --> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1642411 ? Tell us why or why not...maybe we can get PWE to open their eyes a bit about how badly we DON'T want it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I like how it's 2 votes No and 0 votes Yes....

I'll quit when I get a better computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you should have included a third option, "not sure yet"
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    >No "maybe" option

I'd like to see just how mandatory this thing is once it takes off; I suppose so long as I don't have to use it to always run clients, I may not be all too rustled about this. What is really troubling (though not surprising) is that they haven't been listening when such extreme dissatisfaction towards ARC was detailed not once, but twice, still deciding to proceed with it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I like how it's 2 votes No and 0 votes Yes....

I'll quit when I get a better computer.

Well what people dont realize is that they are going to eventually force us to use it and it will just be another huge problem. So now we are just dealing with server issues but when we start having to deal with Arc issues too all hell will break loose. This is just the start of more issues for PWE. They will have more problems than they already do and if people dont realize that from all the current issues we have had then that is there problem
    >No "maybe" option

I'd like to see just how mandatory this thing is once it takes off; I suppose so long as I don't have to use it to run clients, I may not be all too rustled about this.What is really troubling (though not surprising) that they haven't been listening when such extreme dissatisfaction towards ARC was detailed not once, but twice, yet they decide to proceed anyway.

If they wanna put maybe they can just post explaining lol but ty i wish i had thought of that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah !

sick of steam which have kick *** games and only have it now for civ 5 and now this lol...

arc what ? bye bye
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well what people dont realize is that they are going to eventually force us to use it and it will just be another huge problem. So now we are just dealing with server issues but when we start having to deal with Arc issues too all hell will break loose. This is just the start of more issues for PWE. They will have more problems than they already do and if people dont realize that from all the current issues we have had then that is there problem

Have you ever thought about the possibility that this could actually improve all the bugs/problems we've been having?

I'll reserve judgement until everything gets fully implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • LadyOya - Raging Tide
    LadyOya - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Of course I will not quit if they bring this in.

I am not going to assume that it will make things worse.

Would rather hang around and see how it goes before I make the decision.

But then it is my account to do with what I want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvychar, for the awesome sig b:kissb:kissb:kiss
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so whats wrong with ARC? o,o lol still never installed it in yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    hurr hurr login system changes eez greeetest catastrophe evvaaaarrrr
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well it seems as if PWI has backtracked and allowed us to continue using our current launchers.

You can still use the old launchers for apparently forever, but you won't receive the benefits of DQ systems, key/code redemptions, etc, until you use ARC.

Still forces you to use ARC, in a way, but at least makes it so people who absolutely don't want ARC can still play PWI...

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1031281

Last paragraph.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • koann
    koann Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well it seems as if PWI has backtracked and allowed us to continue using our current launchers.

You can still use the old launchers for apparently forever, but you won't receive the benefits of DQ systems, key/code redemptions, etc, until you use ARC.

Still forces you to use ARC, in a way, but at least makes it so people who absolutely don't want ARC can still play PWI...

Last paragraph.

Thats not fair,because we going to lose alot its so hard to understand we dont want this **** and dont want be forced to use it to get NOTHING.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    koann wrote: »
    Thats not fair,because we going to lose alot its so hard to understand we dont want this **** and dont want be forced to use it to get NOTHING.

Wtf is so hard to understand? It's just like steam. You log into ARC with an acc, it logs you into your games with that same account. The lack of intelligence is unsettling. It's not a big deal either. I use ARC since beta, it hasnt caused me any issue's.
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It basically already is b:shutup So what's the point of this? If people haven't already left then I'm sure they never will f:despise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Last paragraph.

That is not what that paragraph says, it only says current launchers will still work for the near future. The requirement of using arc in the long run will still happen.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That is not what that paragraph says, it only says current launchers will still work for the near future. The requirement of using arc in the long run will still happen.

Nah, it's only worded that way to cover their tracks in case ppl eventually accept ARC as OK. As long as ppl QQ enough I'm willing to bet they'll keep holding off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Arc has crashed everyone I know who installed its computer, so no I won't install it.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I really don't care so much about it.
    People are mainly overreacting over false statements about MUH PRIVACY AND DRM.

>Be on the internet
    >Expect to have privacy

Pick one.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • mayral
    mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    >No "maybe" option

This.

I will not know for sure until it's implemented, though I don't want that to happen
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I really don't care so much about it.
    People are mainly overreacting over false statements about MUH PRIVACY AND DRM.

>Be on the internet
    >Expect to have privacy

Pick one.

Most of them also post everything they do on Facebook and Twitter...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide
    Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No I wouldnt play anymore if this **** is forced down my throat
    b:cryMiss My ChildHoodb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Better Movie
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No i won't quit been here 3 yrs no plans of leaving the game yet. Even after the arch diasterb:cute
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Depends on how things go.
    I really don't like some of the things ARC does (or doesn't) so I'm very much against it.

Yeah..maybe I'll give it a try but if they won't fix the issues with ARC or at least make it work better (you can see these issues on older ARC threads/polls) then..ugh.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Will you quit if Arc is implemented as they have stated in the recent sticky found here --> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1642411 ? Tell us why or why not...maybe we can get PWE to open their eyes a bit about how badly we DON'T want it.

I don't think i'm gonna quit becoz PWE is forcing ARC on us. The reason is i can still launch the game from current in-game launcher & play. And it also depends how the new ARC is going be to before i start using it permanently, All i hope is before they launch ARC they should re-test this new ARC and try to find most of the buggs in it and remove it making it a good product for players to use. PWE PLEASE DON"T RUSH THIS TIME !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide
    Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

PWE PLEASE DON"T RUSH THIS TIME !
    That won't happend everytime they brought something they havent fixed it but thinking hard again I'll play still from old launcher. if we still claim blessings and etc then im happy f:laugh
    b:cryMiss My ChildHoodb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Better Movie
  • ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If ARC only runs during launch and then quits after the game starts I will be fine using it. If this thing is going to hog CPU/RAM while I am playing then I shall find some way to disable/kill/avoid it.

Will have to wait and see what it is like. I guess another possibility is to run it once in a while to collect DQ rewards etc but keep launching PWI with the old launcher.
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWI has shown already they don't care what we say...(the whole ARC issue) so my current future if ARC is in effect is currently unforseen as of yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Initially I say Yes.
    Practically though, I say No.
    ONLY because my friends have, in their own ways, talked me out of quitting because of ARC.
    Half because, we'd miss our friends. The other half because we've invested sooo much time here that we don't want a stupid, useless, bug-filled middleman application to thwart our general enjoyment of the game itself.

Still, I 100% don't trust it, and -may- take a 1-3 month break from the game when it becomes mandatory just to try and make sure a few extra bugs get worked out before I reluctantly unleash its putrescence upon my computer.

Even if it ends up being 'not so bad', it's like being force fed brownies; I love brownies, but I like to choose when I eat and how much of it I eat. Making me download what I consider a useless program to launch a launcher to launch the 1 game I want to play is redundantly dumb... it's redumbdant!

We tried to fight it, but in the end, we were just shouting our lungs out in an empty room.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    yes it will be fine because all you have to do is pretend your a new person to pw,download the game again and play,think of nothing else..thats it.

but then again what do expect when the system is ran by china.
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I will if it prevents me from using 2 clients. I need my alts.
  • freakyd1980
    freakyd1980 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

If they wanna put maybe they can just post explaining lol but ty i wish i had thought of that

How can people vote against/for something they have not tried? I don't like certain parts of ARC but it does not mean that PWI can not change those things. My opinion is if the ARC removes the possibility of the glitches we experienced the past week then YES please, and if people quit because of it then oh well b:bye
This discussion has been closed.