So, anybody else upset with 'reincarnation' stuff?

Options

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what do you know about the upcoming expansion?
    I don't understand. I want to talk about global warming .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    if i understood what some chinese ppl said, you can only get the stats once, and the next reincarnation you do are to transfer xp to your historical level. if you reborn at lvl 104, you can do it to transfer xp, so your historical lvl is 105. might be mistaken but thats what i understood.

and it is actually a challenge for PWCN, since they cant hyper in FC. even tho there are still many ways to lvl without FC.

PS : it was on chinese test server, it might be changed due to chinese players feedback
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Why should I be upset when I don't even know all the details yet? lol And the people threatening to ragequit, eh, less silly people around \o\

Yeah why be upset over it?

Reincarnation that is an endless loop? Cool.

PVP is unfair by the time it update? Since when was PVP balanced? So why even QQ about it being more broken when it is already dead to begin with? If you want to PVP without QQing, then play another game. Most of the content in this game was intended for PVE anyway.

Chars with builds would be easier to make as well.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Listen, I haven't paid SUPER close attention given that many of the translations have been proven to be off or misinformed or the like, but....

I usually scoff at the people who say "baaawwww game is dying" because I can name over a dozen MMOs that are a million times worse than PWI, not to mention older, and they're still alive today, and they too have the "bbawwwww game is dying" mentality.

However, infinite grinding? That'll kill the game. In my honest opinion, that'll kill the game. Why? Because no matter what you do, no matter what the hobby or focus is, you WILL find one human being willing to no-life a hobby, and it only takes a couple of those to ruin a server. If measure of power becomes a competition of who's poured more countless hours into the game, then it encourages people to NEVER stop, and while most of us will say "**** this, I have a life to deal with," there will be a handful that just keep grinding and reincarnating and never look back. These very same people will grow to control PVP completely, and that's when the game will die. Likewise, new players will have no hopes of catching up to old ones.

In short, reincarnating needs a cap. It needs a limit. Think about how many reincarnations the average player could tolerate, then aim slightly lower. Why? Because if you don't, you're scaring off the playerbase that doesn't have the time or patience to deal with the reincarnations. TBH, I think most people would only tolerate two, so aiming slightly lower than two would be one singular reincarnation.

But yeah, I hope and I'm sure there must be something we're missing, because leveling without a limit? Let's be brutally honest here: a lot of your cash shoppers (not all, but a lot) simply like instant satisfaction and like feeling OP; if their gears get cancelled out by pure dedication, they're gonna ragequit.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what do you think about global warming?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what do you think about global warming?
    I wish the politicians would do something about global warming, instead of just talking about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what if I told you there was no global warming. Would that make you feel better?
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I see pwi becoming a total fail MU haha, they are decreeing their end, with alot of better games to copy they choose MU? like really? less one vice on my life when this happen
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what if I told you there was no global warming. Would that make you feel better?
    Go ahead and tell me. I am bored! I would like to talk about quantum physics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I do have many questions , concerns and doubts, just like everyone else, however I keep in mind that all we know so far are better or worse translations, rumors and suspicions. Nothing confirmed yet. Therefore I'm gonna wait and see when it comes out, then I'll ask my questions and come up with judgements
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Tanthalus - Dreamweaver
    Tanthalus - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Impressive, you've created a thread to complain about something that doesn't exist on our servers, is unconfirmed as to whether we will actually be getting it, you don't have the full facts and is only being Beta tested in China b:laugh
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    TBH, I think most people would only tolerate two, so aiming slightly lower than two would be one singular reincarnation.

Totally agreed, 1 reincarnation would be perfect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Go ahead and tell me. I am bored! I would like to talk about quantum physics.

If I start a quantum physics thread, to where do you suppose the mods would move it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If I start a quantum physics thread, to where do you suppose the mods would move it?

Off Topic or Lower Depths, which one depending on if Shrodinger's cat is alive or dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Off Topic or Lower Depths, which one depending on if Shrodinger's cat is alive or dead.

But it's both.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's neither until you open the box/thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So we print the thread, stuff it in the box with the cat and walk quickly away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Did someone drag that cat out of its box again?

As far as I remember, the entire thing was done to point out how absurd some of the quantum physics were...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The problem with quantum mechanics and it's principles is not it's mathematical predictive power... The problem is that it assumes mathematics in and of itself is able to describe the universe and it's nature.

The cat for example... the cat is either dead or alive, but not both... the mathematics to predict whether that cat is dead or alive however, pretty much will give a 50% chance of both, and in such case assumes both mathematically speaking. But again, that cat is most certainly dead OR alive... we simply do not know until we observe it's state.

But this is simply a matter of methodology... Quantum Mechanics is based on "Logical Positivism", of which has dominated as a methodology for the past 100 years or so. This is only because "Logical Positivism" has actually defined concepts as language, philosophy, mathematics, logic, etc with respect to conducting physics, the observation of nature.

"Realism" however, actually asks such questions as "what is real?"... But "Realism" has thus far failed to define said aspects as "Logical Positivism" has done. "Logical Positivism" holds that questions such as "what is real?" have no meaning, and further because the measurements and equations hold true no matter what is said to be "real".

PS. And the cat was not an example to prove the opinion of "absurdity of quantum mechanics"... that was "quantum entanglement and the spooky effect" actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So the cat in the box reincarnated into quantum cat with r9rrr gear? b:question
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Upon reincarnating, will you lose your demon/sage skills? Or will they be "unlocked" when you are the required level to learn that skill? Orrrrr, will they be "unlocked" at 89+?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    With my crummy luck, I'll reincarnate as SweetieBot and have to type answers to questions all day. b:chuckle
    b:chuckle
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ive been reading these unconfirmed news and stuff and about 'reincarnation' system,

Which makes Perfect World pretty much like a vintage MMORPG we all know, where you didn't ask someone's level, you asked "How many resets?"

So, is anybody else upset with this 'infinite grinding' system that is yet to come?

I've very intrigued by it. I played Ragnarok Online a very long time ago and loved how their reincarnation system added so much more flavor to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what are you?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what are you?
    I am a computational knowledge engine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, so you're like google?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, so you're like google?
    Interesting comparison, and probably true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If there isn't a cap, **** reincarnation then.

Its a nice concept, but it needs limitations and a cap, if its forever endless, then the game is pretty much over.

My reasoning for saying that is PvP is just a 1 shot fest. I know to a degree it already is, but then it just becomes extremely common.

Correction pvp has been a one shot fest. Personally that's one of the reason all my toons are retired from the game. But now mages going to get 1k plus Mage, archers/Sins 1k+ Dex and melles get the same thing. I don't know about anyone else. But I like pvp that feels more like a game of chess "skill" then walking out of safe zone and getting nuked. f:gross
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not upset, I just think that PWI will lose some income with that cause people won't have time to do it on 15 alts, this update will make people almost obligated to focus on only one char.

More and more they add less and less it's possible to keep up on main and alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not upset, I just think that PWI will lose some income with that cause people won't have time to do it on 15 alts, this update will make people almost obligated to focus on only one char.

More and more they add less and less it's possible to keep up on main and alts.

That is very true.

This Reincarnation thing is definitely going to make me completely give up on trying to keep up with the alts. I don't have much free time to begin with (busy college year). I'll only work on my Venomancer and perhaps I'll do Cleric at some point in the future.

I can't even imagine those who have an alt of every class or more b:surrender

It is a bad thing from the point of view that the game population is much smaller now and alts have become very important. I don't know how it affects PWCN though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★