So, anybody else upset with 'reincarnation' stuff?

Options
Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Ive been reading these unconfirmed news and stuff and about 'reincarnation' system,

Which makes Perfect World pretty much like a vintage MMORPG we all know, where you didn't ask someone's level, you asked "How many resets?"

So, is anybody else upset with this 'infinite grinding' system that is yet to come?
[S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sevchenko - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So far, alot of the upcoming update makes my groan and shudder. I realize people are resistant to change, even me, so I'm trying to keep an open mind about it but still I'm not excited about whats coming. I've been playing PWI for a long time and its like they're changing the rules to the game right at the very end.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So far, alot of the upcoming update makes my groan and shudder. I realize people are resistant to change, even me, so I'm trying to keep an open mind about it but still I'm not excited about whats coming. I've been playing PWI for a long time and its like they're changing the rules to the game right at the very end.

I feel the same thing.

I mean, if I knew this game was going to turn into 'infinite level to 100' loop, would I even start playing it in first place?

I don't think so. >_<"
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'll experience it first before I QQ, but at least you're in the right place for that.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    not really as at moment it stands as mostly speculation I personally some what suspect the bonus stats are only for what ur lvl was wen u reincarnate and this will reset every time u do so therefore making it daft to reincarnate after gettin the bonus for 105 once i.e. every time you do over u reset the max amount of bonus stat points not simply keep stacking em so lvl100 reset then again lvl101 etc etc to lvl105 and reset, would still only give the same total as a lvl105 resetting once and even if a lvl105 wanted to reset over and over gettin to lvl105 again each time it would still only be the same points as 1 reset from lvl105 back up to 105.

If this is confirmed it actually makes sense it will help repopulate the lower area's as the bigger rewards from lower quests and ability to wear high gears means spamming these quests for lil extra coin/spirit will be worth it while getting the bonus stats (in-between pwr lvl'n ;D), plus it gose some way to appeasing the ppl who wanted the lvl cap increased w/o completely unbalancing the game

as for those unhappy + who cry foul at the guys who got in b4 the fc glitch was fixed or "only cash shoppers will get benefits 1st" well sry but i think its time to change the record, yeh there was a glitch yes some benefited some didnt and yes some ppl in RL simply have the money to spend/waste in game but thats just how it is and tbh how its been for long long time not just in pwi but in a lot of games less time QQ more time pewpew in game and well u might catch em up anyho
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Get over it...

you don't have to do it anyway...

Look it will repopulate the areas where low Lvs should be. may also encourage people to rejoin the game... or even join the game as at the min we have no Low Lvs for new starters to play with. Its a clever move ill give them that one that none of us thought of...

if anything before u start to moan why dont you wait and see if we even get this first and what its like.
  • aminamiya
    aminamiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If those rumors are really true, I'm quitting. b:bye
    It's been 3+ years of PWI and I don't wanna see it turn into MU Online. b:surrender
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This incarnation thing will surely have great impact on players, and there will be a lot of gap between normal player and reincarnated player.

I still have mixed feeling about this new system b:surrender

But I guess I have to adapt to it, as long as its not screwed further by PWE upon integration from wanmei to PWI b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I hear alot of people saying the lower lvl areas and such are dead. Wouldnt this make the lower lvl areas more active? Or will people still FCC their way through the lvls still. If so wouldnt that just be boring as???
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I hear alot of people saying the lower lvl areas and such are dead. Wouldnt this make the lower lvl areas more active? Or will people still FCC their way through the lvls still. If so wouldnt that just be boring as???
    You do realise that anything that gives people an advantage faster than everyone else E.G. FC/PLvling is going to be abused the **** out of? Like they have been doing now for years?
    Thoughts that people are going to actually go back and level the old school way is so stupid I cannot even image that it's possible.

My thoughts towards this update are heading towards quitting altogether, I barely play as it is, If the predictions for this are true... I can see PWI becoming a ghost game that no-ones plays.
    But I will try to remain open minded, even though I am dubious as to how this is going to turn out. >.>'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Just gonna wait and see. We don't know what our version of the game will adopt from it. All this fuss could be for no reason, or totally justified, we'll find out which soon enough.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sorry I don't get it but we can keep reincarnating over and over?
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sorry I don't get it but we can keep reincarnating over and over?

According to this site, posted on the expansion discussion thread here at General Discussion, the points you will get from reincarning will depend on 'how many times you reincarnated'.

Google translator sucks tho, but that's nearly clear >_>"
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm more annoyed than upset. Is the game really going to be turned into an endless grind for more attribute points?

I'm just hoping there is some sort of reasonable cap to it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    well, whether it's 1 time or a dozen; doesn't really concern me too much. i've seen this rebirth,reborn/master thing before.

what kinda bothers me at this point is not knowing at what point i.e. level we would be able to wear our full gear set again.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    What would be the point of this? f:ponder Everyone is still going to power level, so to me this seems completely useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Personally, I think this is fc sellers wetdream b:dirty I can not wait to do fc till my head falls off b:victory I think this is PWE's way of saying ..!.. to the FC/Hypers Restriction Poll b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    what if pv and fc is not optional for the reincarnation system what then
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    If there isn't a cap, **** reincarnation then.

Its a nice concept, but it needs limitations and a cap, if its forever endless, then the game is pretty much over.

My reasoning for saying that is PvP is just a 1 shot fest. I know to a degree it already is, but then it just becomes extremely common.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm going to wait and see. For me, whether or not I'm happy about this system depends on a few factors:

- will we have to do full culti/chrono over and over again, each time we 'reincarnate'?
    - will there be different quests for each incarnation level ( I LIKE questing, sue me )?
    - will there be a cap?

I don't know about you guys, but the thought of doing full culti/chrono over and over again...gives me a serious case of the shudders. I've achieved Celestial Sage/Demon on three toons now ( Cleric, Archer, Veno ) and am looking at the rest of them: I'm seriously debating NOT doing it for any of the others because the pay-off - the lvl 100 skills - aren't all that great for some classes.
  • ICanSeekYou - Heavens Tear
    ICanSeekYou - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    what if pv and fc is not optional for the reincarnation system what then

b:laughb:laughb:laugh yeah right.
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i am not exceptionally frugal with complaints and critiques with pwi in general and botched patches and updates in particular, but i wait for the thing to be released before start my noneffective rants! b:chuckle

it is still a long way before those updates will hit pwi. by then those might have been changed, balanced, or even canceled all together. and if we look at all the past updates we had, then some will never be implemented and a good portion will be broken anyway... damn i could not resist! b:quiet
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I honestly don't mind the system so much as long as you don't have to keep doing it over and over.
    It's not that hard to level up in the first place + you can pretty much still wear your R9rr once you have the stat points for it... And the new skills obviously.

But yeah, change is bad, humans have a natural resistance against change because we like what we are used to having.
    On a sidenote, no one is forcing anyone to use the reincarnation system in the first place, you'll just miss out on some stat points and skill upgrades.

But I get that it sucks if you're already between level 103-105 because of the xp grind-fest to get to those levels in the first place.

And people should stop blaming PWE for this content update lol, it's PWCN that is making this stuff, PWE just gets it from them as is.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I generally like the idea of starting again, and I'm sure some of the more casual people will go back to questing again. Well, questing in the new area that will come along with that, is inevitable, anyway.

Though, I really hope there's either a cap or you get less stats each time you reincarnate to the point where it isn't worth the time anymore (like maybe halved for each time).

Actually, this update motivated me to level my Cleric to 105. With a little bit of luck and focus, it could be possible for me till the launch in PWI.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read that re-reincarnating could also be only for transferring exp to your historical level. If that's the case, it's even better.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I won't judge before there is more information or I try it out and see.
    It's very vague right now and I'm pretty much confused on how it works.

I can say though that I'm not very excited about having to level up again...I got my main to 105 because I wanted to be done and over with (apart from the slight advantage a 105 can get)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Let's Q.Q about a new content we might/might not get full as it is on PWCN...
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I hate this thing as i hate mu, pwi is over to me after this i think is time to move to another mmropg
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Why should I be upset when I don't even know all the details yet? lol And the people threatening to ragequit, eh, less silly people around \o\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    With my crummy luck, I'll reincarnate as SweetieBot and have to type answers to questions all day. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

It wouldn't be so bad if the change was good change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited October 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what do you know about the upcoming expansion?
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]