DQ points???

TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Is this a joke.....are DQ points just not visible anymore or did pwi REMOVE THE DQ POINTS FROM DQ ITEMS? I wanna know cuz now DQ items no longer show the points they are supposed to give. Anyone have any info on this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Works fine for me.

If u actually read my post which i bet u didnt i am reffering to the in game DQ items.....they do not show the points they give u. I am NOT talking about the DQ page.....some people lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe you could clarify by stating the items in question with say, screenshots?

And if you want a definite answer, just npc the items and wait a while for the dq page to update... It could take a while before it actually updates though.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Maybe you could clarify by stating the items in question with say, screenshots?

And if you want a definite answer, just npc the items and wait a while for the dq page to update... It could take a while before it actually updates though.

Aint nobody got time for that....and its so stupid easy to get in game and look for your self and see that the DQ items in game dont show the DQ points that if you SERIOUSLY need me to put a SS imma just say no cuz i dont see the point...and im lazy. Look in game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aint nobody got time for that....and its so stupid easy to get in game and look for your self and see that the DQ items in game dont show the DQ points that if you SERIOUSLY need me to put a SS imma just say no cuz i dont see the point...and im lazy. Look in game

If you expect to get any help but refuse to state the exact issue, good luck with that.
    Not everyone has 24/7 access to the game.

The lazy don't deserve support b:bye
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2013
    Is this a joke.....are DQ points just not visible anymore or did pwi REMOVE THE DQ POINTS FROM DQ ITEMS? I wanna know cuz now DQ items no longer show the points they are supposed to give. Anyone have any info on this?
    Not sure what you're smoking, but here's the tabs available on the DQ page...

Redeem DQ Points. ~ This is where you can buy stuff with your points.

DQ Item List ~ This is a list of items, their DQ point values, and the source of the item.

Purchase History ~ The things you have bought with your earned points.

Items Vendored ~ This is a list of the Items you have NPC'ed that you have gained DQ points from. It lists the item, the source, how many you sold, the DQ price, and the date.

All of these items exist, have always existed, and there's nothing missing.'

Also keep in mind, that because of the database, and the update method, it can take a few days for your sold items to appear. For example, mine was last updated on 10/12.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    TZ, it's okay... they are gone. Just like the Token-shop.
    Luckely our DQ points are still here.

b:laugh

edit (for post above): NO, DQ points in game are gone. TZ was not talking about the page on perfectworld.com.

edit (for post below): Lazy aren't you? He wrote (at #3) the in game DQ points.
    edited October 2013
    ninja'ed by the OP while posting my previous reply.
    You never gave a frame of reference, so it's your own damn fault that no one knows what the hell you're talking about.

1. Check that the items actually have DQ point values.
    2. Get off your lazy ***, take screenshots, collect actual data, and post in the appropriate form area with an appropriately worded response.

If you give us a post that's half-assed and missing the majority of the data required to make your point, you're failing before you even start. I mean really, why the hell bother posting then?

EDIT: Never mind, some one else has already posted that they are missing with a proper description in the correct forum for that. Looks like you also need to learn how to look before you post, and make yourself appear the idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok fine, I went out and killed, this is what the greedy PWI changed this maintenance WITHOUT TELLING US! I damn sure it`s a typo and DQ points still get accumulated, if not then it`s only available from promos and how long till the event gold becomes obsolete, should we spend it or what?

2ia5sfa.jpg
    edited October 2013
    Ok fine, I went out and killed, this is what the greedy PWI changed this maintenance WITHOUT TELLING US! I damn sure it`s a typo and DQ points still get accumulated, if not then it`s only available from promos and how long till the event gold becomes obsolete, should we spend it or what?

2ia5sfa.jpg

See, and it took you less than 20 minutes to decide to do that, and to then carry out the plan. The OP should be ashamed.

Since we have DQ and the CN servers don't, I'm pretty certain that it's an issue where they just didn't remember to copy the right files to our servers for the update. Since the actually tallying is handled on the back-end, it should not affect the receiving of DQ points for said items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    I must say u are all idiots....if u read my post it clearly states that i am NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DQ PAGE ONLINE. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE DQ ITEMS THEMSELVES IN GAME THEY DO NOT SHOW HOW MANY DQ POINTS THEY ARE WORTH. If you are seriously going to post on a reply on here it should be along the lines of oh its just a bug that will be fixed. Or how about no one knows. again.....THE DQ ITEMS IN GAME NO LONGER SHOW WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DQ PAGE ONLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    I must say u are all idiots....if u read my post it clearly states that i am NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DQ PAGE ONLINE. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE DQ ITEMS THEMSELVES IN GAME THEY DO NOT SHOW HOW MANY DQ POINTS THEY ARE WORTH. If you are seriously going to post on a reply on here it should be along the lines of oh its just a bug that will be fixed. Or how about no one knows. again.....THE DQ ITEMS IN GAME NO LONGER SHOW WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DQ PAGE ONLINE
    See here's the thing though.

You came onto the forum and QQ'ed about DQ.

You did not give any frame of reverence. (look that up, "frame of reference")

Since 98% of all DQ QQ posts are about the DQ page, guess what... everyone assumed that that is what you were talking about because you didn't give a frame of reference.

I can see in your rage to make mini walls half in caps, that you didn't bother to read the last few posts very carefully. Once I finally figured out what the hell you were talking about, I answered appropriately and with much more accurate information than you have given thus far.

You are definitely supporting your signature as the conductor of the DERP train. Might add that your caboose is ignorance, and most of your cars are lazy.

(Yes, I like to feed the trolls.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013

You came onto the forum and QQ'ed about DQ.

You did not give any frame of reverence. (look that up, "frame of reference")

Since 98% of all DQ QQ posts are about the DQ page, guess what... everyone assumed that that is what you were talking about because you didn't give a frame of reference.

I can see in your rage to make mini walls half in caps, that you didn't bother to read the last few posts very carefully. Once I finally figured out what the hell you were talking about, I answered appropriately and with much more accurate information than you have given thus far.

Well if u actually read a post before u replied instead of just assuming things u wouldnt make an *** out of u and me...xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Well if u actually read a post before u replied instead of just assuming things u wouldnt make an *** out of u and me...xD
    You still don't get it. I read the post, and I replied based on the information you gave.

It's your own damn fault that you left us with hardly anything to work with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I must say u are all idiots....if u read my post it clearly states that i am NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DQ PAGE ONLINE. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE DQ ITEMS THEMSELVES IN GAME THEY DO NOT SHOW HOW MANY DQ POINTS THEY ARE WORTH.

Thanks Tz, just read the complete post again. The reply on page 1 should be enough. b:bye
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    sjampie wrote: »
    TZ, it's okay... they are gone. Just like the Token-shop.
    Luckely our DQ points are still here.

b:laugh

edit (for post above): NO, DQ points in game are gone. TZ was not talking about the page on perfectworld.com.

edit (for post below): Lazy aren't you? He wrote (at #3) the in game DQ points.

yea ur right just another bump in the pwi road
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I replied based on the information you gave.
    Nah, you did not. Read again, carefully. The text in bold.

Reading is not so hard, really.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What should have been specified is that DQ items vendored are not being updated. My last DQ item vendored shows on 10/10/13 and my wife shows 10/11/13. That is the specific problem. I just sent support a ticket. Even though I knew what the problem was, the original post did not explain the specific problem with DQ points. Also, don't get mad at people who are trying to help, if you cannot specify the problem.
  • Karmil - Heavens Tear
    Karmil - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe they thought that broken page wasn't enoughb:laugh
    edited October 2013
    y4kuzi wrote: »
    Nah, you did not. Read again, carefully. The text in bold.

Reading is not so hard, really.
    I know, right...

2ia5sfa.jpg
    See, and it took you less than 20 minutes to decide to do that, and to then carry out the plan. The OP should be ashamed.

Since we have DQ and the CN servers don't, I'm pretty certain that it's an issue where they just didn't remember to copy the right files to our servers for the update. Since the actually tallying is handled on the back-end, it should not affect the receiving of DQ points for said items.

And in other news....
    What should have been specified is that DQ items vendored are not being updated. My last DQ item vendored shows on 10/10/13 and my wife shows 10/11/13. That is the specific problem. I just sent support a ticket. Even though I knew what the problem was, the original post did not explain the specific problem with DQ points. Also, don't get mad at people who are trying to help, if you cannot specify the problem.
    I can understand how you're a bit behind. The topic you are mentioning is discussed in a thousand other threads, but not this one.

Having already answered this hundreds of times, and even once today in another thread, I shall do it again just for your benefit....

The DQ point system is a web server scanning a proprietary database on another server on a completely different type of system. I takes a lot of time to go through each character account, and then through the item logs for said characters, and it's doing it for hundreds of thousands of players, on a technology framework that is about 10 years old.

It can take a few days to catch up. Mine was last updated on the 12th. It will likely get updated in the next day or so. If you're really worried after it's been 3 or 4 days without updating, send in a ticket. It's likely that the page will update before you get a response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    I know, right...

And in other news....

I can understand how you're a bit behind. The topic you are mentioning is discussed in a thousand other threads, but not this one.

Having already answered this hundreds of times, and even once today in another thread, I shall do it again just for your benefit....

The DQ point system is a web server scanning a proprietary database on another server on a completely different type of system. I takes a lot of time to go through each character account, and then through the item logs for said characters, and it's doing it for hundreds of thousands of players, on a technology framework that is about 10 years old.

It can take a few days to catch up. Mine was last updated on the 12th. It will likely get updated in the next day or so. If you're really worried after it's been 3 or 4 days without updating, send in a ticket. It's likely that the page will update before you get a response.

ok not to sound like a total jerk but u do realize i was asking a simple question for a simple answer and TECHNICALLY ur missing it. I am simply asking if anyone can properly confirm if DQ items in the game are glitched and just no longer show the points they give...or if PWI did actually end the DQ points system. I am well aware of HOW the DQ system works...or doesnt work well..i am just trying to establish if it is still working. So to put it very easy...The question is Do DQ items still give DQ points or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nobody is talking about the DQ page nor the DQ reward system.
    What are ya'll smoking?

The problem here is, that the ingame DQ items no longer show their value.

Todays reading class, lesson 1.

Before:
    Compound of the five elements.
    Dragon Point Value: 30
    Required for Dragon Quest: Fu Chih(91)

After:
    Compound of the five elements.
    Required for Dragon Quest: Fu Chih(91)

What's missing?
    edited October 2013
    ok not to sound like a total jerk but u do realize i was asking a simple question for a simple answer and TECHNICALLY ur missing it. I am simply asking if anyone can properly confirm if DQ items in the game are glitched and just no longer show the points they give...or if PWI did actually end the DQ points system. I am well aware of HOW the DQ system works...or doesnt work well..i am just trying to establish if it is still working. So to put it very easy...The question is Do DQ items still give DQ points or not?
    Here, I'll snip out my previous response...
    Which basically says, that it's very likely it's just a mistake in the text display for the items.

The items in-game do not actually have points attributed to them. It is simply not in the server code.

If they had intended to kill DQ items, they would have let up know ahead of time, just like they did with the Core tokens.

Since the DQ reward system is independent to our version, and is not managed by the actually game core on the server, the fact that someone copied the wrong file to the server which is missing text specific to our version, does not affect the point distribution.

You get points because a bot runs through the item logs for your character. It looks for instances where you NPC'ed X number of Y items, where Y is a set list of specific item codes.
    It then takes the data it collects from that, and updates your tables in the database for the DQ reward web page.
    This system run independently of the game server and only queries the game server for the log data.

So, in essence, Yes, you are still getting your DQ points. It is simply a display "bug" because some moron can't quality check properly. It's the same reason we get the wrong map file for Secret Passage, and why we had a week where Hypers did not work in Frost. Those are differences that are specific to our version of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Here, I'll snip out my previous response...

Which basically says, that it's very likely it's just a mistake in the text display for the items.

The items in-game do not actually have points attributed to them. It is simply not in the server code.

If they had intended to kill DQ items, they would have let up know ahead of time, just like they did with the Core tokens.

Since the DQ reward system is independent to our version, and is not managed by the actually game core on the server, the fact that someone copied the wrong file to the server which is missing text specific to our version, does not affect the point distribution.

You get points because a bot runs through the item logs for your character. It looks for instances where you NPC'ed X number of Y items, where Y is a set list of specific item codes.
    It then takes the data it collects from that, and updates your tables in the database for the DQ reward web page.
    This system run independently of the game server and only queries the game server for the log data.

So, in essence, Yes, you are still getting your DQ points. It is simply a display "bug" because some moron can't quality check properly. It's the same reason we get the wrong map file for Secret Passage, and why we had a week where Hypers did not work in Frost. Those are differences that are specific to our version of the game.

OK i ty for for your answer but tbh unless you have a DEFINITIVE answer it doesnt help me. TBH i would REALLY like it if a GM could confirm if this is just a glitch or if the DQ has been removed...in other words i want an OFFICIAL word on if this is a change or a glitch not assumptions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013

dude you are spouting on about ****.. you never read the post and if you did you obviously could not understand it. Your just being a 8utt.
  • Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver
    Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    my points havnt been updataing in a week
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lol, you must be kidding xD (Core was useless btw.). And they quite often don't tell us what will happen. Just remember prominent events like removing MoGs from DQ reward page. Ofc we didn't get a warning because we would have benefit.

Atm my DQ reward page didn't get an update - till now. Normally it does update every hour or even faster (till yesterday I got fast updates). We will see. If I don't get an update till tomorrow I strongly believe that they removed in-game dq reward points, intended or not. In this company one hand does very often not know what the other one is doing.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2013

your post was perfectly clear to me. some people on these forums are so eager to show how important they are, they dont take time to actually read and comprehend things.
    no i wont post an ss for the developementally delayed either. let me do this: THE ITEMS THAT DROP FROM MOBS NO LONGER SHOW DQ POINTS. THIS HAS NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DQ REWARDS PAGE!! NOTHING!

WTF! where are the points?? did PWI **** up again. is there not going to be a DQ rewards system now?
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    your post was perfectly clear to me. some people on these forums are so eager to show how important they are, they dont take time to actually read and comprehend things.
    no i wont post an ss for the developementally delayed either. let me do this: THE ITEMS THAT DROP FROM MOBS NO LONGER SHOW DQ POINTS. THIS HAS NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DQ REWARDS PAGE!! NOTHING!

WTF! where are the points?? did PWI **** up again. is there not going to be a DQ rewards system now?

So um yea u made me have feels that post was awesome...if ur ever in Raging Tides hit me up we can make awesome squads together and own people and stuffs <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-