[Maintenance Discussion] 10-8-2013 RESTART [COMPLETE]

defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Greetings players!

Tonight is the night for the appearance of our usual weekly maintenance.
It will be a special one, as the territory war map will be reset.
I hope everyone got the most out of their wartime bets!

Just to note, if it goes a tad bit longer than expected,
it might be best to get sleep so tomorrow you'll be well rested.

By our estimation, the downtime will be from 11PM PDT to 2:00am PDT.

Now for the question of the week!

If you could write any in-game quest, what it be about?
Perhaps save a village from an impending drought?

If it were me...
I might write an epic journey through lands unseen that ends up being only a dream...

Thanks!

- The PWI Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    I don't like hypothetical questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Defender? What chu doing here? xD
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Any update on the TW rewards? Like will they be sent out this week?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • The_Duke - Dreamweaver
    The_Duke - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rawr.... and answer to the ? tbh idk would more less base it to higher lvl ppl making them travel across the land opening up new things to do making the open world actually be played instead of just hiding in different instances....b:avoid
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [/QUOTE]If you could write any in-game quest, what it be about?[/QUOTE]

it would be about demons that get you when your sitting on the crapper and drag you down to hell :D
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm. Maybe another quest chain involving some of the less-used bosses and NPCs.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    First page?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Jolly Old Jones.
    Add a new repeatable quest that lets you exchange a number of Bounty Orders to get a boss as a target (and paying you the amount of coin you'd get per Bounty Order in your level range once it's been killed).

Bosses would be those outside of instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    something thats not been done yet. something i would have to think of for a bit longer for an idea.

Ok here we go. how about doing or making a quest where you use normal players as NPCs. for example. Summer " Find a Hero in arch to find your next quest. " now your say what happens if that person moves or logs out. well simply put the quest would change to another name. Their could be an option to chat to the person as an NPC to get the next part of the quest or start it ETC. could even have people able to give quests by talking to them.

So for example again. If i was a Master Of The Land. people could talk to me to get a special quest that a person with my title can offer!

Now thats good!
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    defender of dreams, i have never seen u in this forum, r u the new gm ?
    for the topic

i would say

what is love? is the thing u most appreciate doing while ur life goes through the world.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So who's bright idea was it to put ocean orbs at 50 gold again? Didn't you guys try this once and set it back to 25 gold the next sale because that **** doesn't sell for that much anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Hunt - Raging Tide
    Hunt - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you become an pony for a week and you have to do some adventures
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you become an pony for a week and you have to do some adventures

>MFW that will never happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SailorRocket - Heavens Tear
    SailorRocket - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Quest title: Save your friend

Description: Your friend [name of random friend from friend's list] has become possessed by [boss name here]. Defeat him/her and use the [item name here] to release his/her soul.

Basically, since you can't use an actual person from your friend list, the game "copies" that friend so you can do the quest; and the friend it chooses is completely random.
    My characters:
    SailorRocket - Venomancer - Lv84
    TPKisaki - Archer - Lv72
    DrPepper_I - Cleric - Lv70
    QuietWarrior - Barbarian - Lv42
    Server: Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is the Veno instance getting fixed? The NPC to trade 1 Feral star for 10 is missing and you can't even start the instance in PVE because the ??? mobs can't be targeted for 2 weeks now.

Also is the NPC that gives 2 holy pills and 2 mystical pills going to be fixed? This daily has been broken for 2 weeks now as well.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2013

If it were me...
    I might write an epic journey through lands unseen that ends up being only a dream...

Dude, epic idea! I can't give you my idea, I don't have one LOL. b:laugh

Is the Veno instance getting fixed? The NPC to trade 1 Feral star for 10 is missing and you can't even start the instance in PVE because the ??? mobs can't be targeted for 2 weeks now.

Also is the NPC that gives 2 holy pills and 2 mystical pills going to be fixed? This daily has been broken for 2 weeks now as well.

Most likely they are waiting on a patch to come in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A daily quest which required you to help lower lvl people with quest, help complete squad member five unique quest and you will be rewarded coinz and some random items.

b:laugh
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • SephronX - Sanctuary
    SephronX - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rather than a new quest, adjusting the grinding machine quest, so it is either like a npc and multiple people can access it at the same time or have 3 more grinding machines. Perhaps in the same region as the one grinding machine, or 2 at lost, and the others by the other jolly old jones.
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The quest I would come up with everyone who kills Racquel gets a mog and 10 gst's there is also a squad mode where everyone in a squad that kills her gets those too b:laugh
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    Misturo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    heero200 wrote: »
    something thats not been done yet. something i would have to think of for a bit longer for an idea.

Ok here we go. how about doing or making a quest where you use normal players as NPCs. for example. Summer " Find a Hero in arch to find your next quest. " now your say what happens if that person moves or logs out. well simply put the quest would change to another name. Their could be an option to chat to the person as an NPC to get the next part of the quest or start it ETC. could even have people able to give quests by talking to them.

So for example again. If i was a Master Of The Land. people could talk to me to get a special quest that a person with my title can offer!

Now thats good!

Well there's an idea that sounds at the same time really complicated and simple.

I dont have personally ideas myself.. probably some more quests to do daily to get a bit of extra money.. would help.
  • PetalaRubra - Dreamweaver
    PetalaRubra - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pls fix chain quest of tittles, bring the forge of dragon for we trade this red things we got in quest...Bring back the quest for pills in the village...is bugged none misses it?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Any update on the TW rewards? Like will they be sent out this week?

^ This b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • IEatBabies - Sanctuary
    IEatBabies - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There really needs to be a fix for Auction House, just sayin.
  • fachai
    fachai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ok and ok
  • Ice_ - Raging Tide
    Ice_ - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How about a quest that teaches people grammar and spelling, it seems the problems with hardly legible posts and chats are getting worse.
    Revenge is best served COLD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fachai
    fachai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aku bangga pd mu indonesia,jgn somce klo lu org indo
  • rayapresbe1
    rayapresbe1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    my quest would include finding pages of a lost book, the book contains knowledge of the divine/chaotic depending on class, sage. you have to find all 30 pages which are spread throughout perfect world. Some are held by minor bosses but the rarest pages are held by world bosses which have 8 mill hp.

The journey starts with a lunatic npc who babbles on about times past that are long forgotten. this takes you to each main city to talk to other lunatic lesser known npc's that will give clues to the validity of the quest. The questions must be answered in a correct order to get to the next NPC if answered wrong a set of mobs must be killed and each mob leaves a clue to the correct answer.

Once you visit all main cities you must talk to your elder about the sorrows of the past. your elder has committed many crimes against the gods but this one leading to the book pages is one which will turn your main started sity upside down. You must vindicate your elder to receive the first book page.

then after talking to multiple NPC about the elders past some alive some dead, some wraiths who talk to you after battle in a window, you find the evidence you need. and depending on how you answer the NPC and wraiths depends on whether your elder is innocent or guilty.

if innocent you have to fight a boss to claim your elders innocence. and uncover evidence to prove his innocence

If the answers lead your toon to see the Elder is guilty you have to fight a boss that the elder chooses to fight for him, either way you get the first page in the end,

the rest of the quest is searching through npc's to find other pages and much like the riddle quest near sanctuary each page found posses a threat you as the bosses get harder and the npc have more of a challenge for you to face the more pages you get.

In the end the pages form a new skill book for your class or can be traded for a increase of one stat for your weapon. or if not interested in those rewards can trade pages for a rep and spirit reward or a exp reward which again is based on level.
  • AslansChild - Sanctuary
    AslansChild - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2013

If I were to write a quest it would involve the level one horses, dogs, kitties, chickens, and such from each of the main towns. Maybe go to each town, transform into one of the mentioned animals and get revenge for uncaring players killing them for fun each day. xD

Orrr...just a quest that took place somewhere that you don't ever see other players in. Like the Star and Moon island that is just NE of The City of the Lost.
  • Mikaelundin - Heavens Tear
    Mikaelundin - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My quest would be along the lines of

Have something like, I dunno, card bosses or something
    Make one called Arthropodaux, and have it in hmmm, let's say Abaddon for now
    You can go in, kill a mob that makes a Summonbot or something spawn
    Talk to the Summon dude, and it'll spawn the card boss
    oh wait
    there already is something like that, except it's broken