Was it REALLY necessary to put in the Pedophilia and Desperate Stalker Search Engine?

Options
13»

Comments

• UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    babytrom wrote: »
    b:cute Has anyone looked at the questions they ask for the match feature? It asks your date of birth. I am sure they aren't going to pair up some kid with some older person. Get real! Always someone bit.chin about something on here. b:shutup

This is a bit of an hyperbole but, if I say I was born in 1873 am I really 140 years old?
    My point is, people lie. People especially lie about their age. Dumb little girls and dirty old men MOST especially lie about their age.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is a bit of an hyperbole but, if I say I was born in 1873 am I really 140 years old?
    My point is, people lie. People especially lie about their age. Dumb little girls and dirty old men MOST especially lie about their age.

If dumb little girls lie about their age, then they deserve to get paired up with pedophile. Enough said.
  • UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If dumb little girls lie about their age, then they deserve to get paired up with pedophile. Enough said.

Ok then, what about the "smart little girl" that gets paired with the "dirty old man"?
    Enough said?
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

I don't think anyone deserves to get paired up with a pedophile. If you actually believe that, then your morals are out of wack with most of modern society. Current laws in the USA, most of Europe, Canada, Mexico, are against pedophiles and if a younger girl who is "dumb" is paired up with one and the authorities find out... The pedophile is in serious trouble.

Don't be an idiot. When it comes to this specific matter, the laws in most countries are completely against any sort of pedophilia. That's also why I initially stated (earlier in this thread), that PWE is treading on shallow water when it comes to this latest system. Technically speaking, they could be taken to court - and the plaintiff would be on completely legal grounds against PWE.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Kuzshi - Dreamweaver
    Kuzshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't think anyone deserves to get paired up with a pedophile.
    Lots of women 'deserve' to get paired up with a man, pedophile or not. A minor though? Not so much.

And I find it very sexist that no one's worried about female pedophiles.
    If you actually believe that, then your morals are out of wack with most of modern society.
    Well that's just your opinion~
    Technically speaking, they could be taken to court - and the plaintiff would be on completely legal grounds against PWE.
    Why? They did not do anything at all wrong. They merely wanted to allow people of similar age groups to hook up. They have strict policy about adult supervision, whoever tries to take them to court over this would not have a strong case.

Besides, this pedophilia witch hunt BS is interfering with minors hooking up and playing a game with each other. That's mighty selfish and shameful IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Do you guys even read? My god you're stupid.
    its like the conversation devolves because you guys are too god damn ignorant to read before writing and are just spewing fecal matter out your mentally challenged little mouths.

The search doesn't even restrict your results to an age group.

The age group is just one criteria in finding another player online.

If joe selects 18- and Stacy selects 30+ but they both selected compatible astrology signs, both are looking for pvp, both are on in the morning, and both like movies, tv, and outdoor sports then guess what they'll still be matched together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    babytrom wrote: »
    b:cute Has anyone looked at the questions they ask for the match feature? It asks your date of birth. I am sure they aren't going to pair up some kid with some older person. Get real! Always someone bit.chin about something on here. b:shutup

The age settings seem to not be applied to the match results you are given. I picked my appropriate age box and I am still getting matched to people under 18, and people in higher age brackets.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I literally just explained that....
    I feel like the population of these forums have a steadily declining intelligence and pray it isn't contagious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuzshi - Dreamweaver
    Kuzshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I literally just explained that....
    I feel like the population of these forums have a steadily declining intelligence and pray it isn't contagious.
    Mine is. Don't get too close. b:surrender

I had no idea about that. Interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Oh, so they actually added this in huh.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    belias20 wrote: »
    I don't really care about law and terms. There are other countries you know. I am in Finland and here below 18 you are a kid. Of course teens are considered as kids as well, because their actions surely are not ''adult'' like. And at what point I had to have sense of humor? :o

>> You took my post seriously...
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

NO. Everything must be taken seriously. Threads are only to be used to complain and cry out against things we don't like, even if they are optional! Now, be a good kitty and aid in the perpetuation of the "Echo-Chamber of Hate" that GD has become. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ok then, what about the "smart little girl" that gets paired with the "dirty old man"?
    Enough said?

The point is that I WASN'T talking about smart girls here. If girl is stupid enough to lie about her age and that leads to pedophile person, then that stupid girl have to deal with the consequences what happens for being stupid. Got it? Enough said period.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oh common guys. They already changed the text, why is this thread still going on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.