Content update bug thread/discussion

Options

Comments

• Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    tried doing this new questline today, did entire fcc run like i did tenths of thousands of times before and got so bored i thought id never do it again.. well after doing it again i didnt get ANY title like frostcovered enforcer so i guess its BUGGED as some people say they sometimes get sometimes not.. wtf is with this timewaste. get 0.2% exp via hypering entire fcc and getting nothing in return just wasting charms time pots money etc. and its the middle of questline so got nothing!
    this sucks.
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Is it just me or is the daily treasure map broken too after the Tuesday patch? Before the patch I've always gotten at least up to map 4, every day since Tuesday's patch I have not gotten a map after doing the first treasure map.
    Is it just very bad luck on my side or does everyone has that issue?

probably just bad luck, when 2 x started I had 32 map on my EP, and I got 5 or 6 map 5.

Then I had 32 on my veno and I got 1 map 5.

waited 1 week and did the map again in lower number and I got nothing.

waited 1 more week, and I did 6 on my veno in a row and I got 4 map 5

it's just bad luck if you ask me
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Bug: once you start the perfect match thing, you cannot get off the list.

A bunch of us were playing around in faction seeing if we could match with each other. I reluctantly joined after I was told I only had to uncheck the three options and save to get myself out of the system. Unfortunately, that doesn't work. After getting a million whispers from people I didn't know I did that (and even removed all of the interests) but I was still on the list. And when I relogged thinking that would reset it, it defaulted me back to having the three options checked.

So, not only can you not get off people's lists, but every time you log in you are automatically back in the system.

Please give us a way to turn this off permanently. I'm starting to feel like I can't play my veno now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Caligastia - Lost City
    Caligastia - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    On the server lost city, PWI GMs let bot players farming herbs, they selling it to catshop and overload the market, thats scam becuz u buyin infinite herbs... TY for your illegal activities PWI !!!
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    - Pets will now automatically apply self-buffs equipped on the pet bar

- The Pet Bar has increased to 7 slots

- Players may now lock their skill bars

okay the first one.... pets do NOT auto buff themselves...?

Second... pets have 4 normal and 3 upgrade skills was this a mistake in the patch notes or are they to get 7 normal skill and the 3 upgrade?

third.... we could lock our skill bars before... yay for redundancy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Second... pets have 4 normal and 3 upgrade skills was this a mistake in the patch notes or are they to get 7 normal skill and the 3 upgrade?

Many people don`t know but you need to check/tick the auto pet buffs and skill shortcut lock @ game settings, personally the skill bar lock is the best idea they came up with and it only took them several years... As for pet buffs in theory it should work, but since I don`t have a veno - can`t try.

It was annoying when you press on some of the stuff you have placed there and it gets dragged out by accident, then you need 2 figure out which skill,item it was, so it`s not redundant! And we couldn`t lock the skill bars like this before, now try clicking it and dragging an item/skill out of them, you can`t do this any more.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Pet auto buffing and skill bar lock are both in the same area in system settings ;o

About the 7 slots though.... nope...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver
    BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Confirmed the auto pet buffs work as long as you have the box ticked in settings. Upon call and moving between zones pets will automatically use all buffs. They do not however rebuff after they wear off due to time active.
  • GlowFire - Sanctuary
    GlowFire - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    probably just bad luck, when 2 x started I had 32 map on my EP, and I got 5 or 6 map 5.

Then I had 32 on my veno and I got 1 map 5.

waited 1 week and did the map again in lower number and I got nothing.

waited 1 more week, and I did 6 on my veno in a row and I got 4 map 5

it's just bad luck if you ask me

**** UPDATE ****
    Well just did it on an alt and got a map 2, guess my main had a real run of bad luck 4 days in a row lol.

I'm not talking about since it came out. I'm talking about since last Tuesdays patch. Up until today, since last Tuesdays patch I have not gotten any map drop after doing map 1. I'm just asking if there are other people with the same experience, or if there are people around here who have gotten map drops AFTER last Tuesdays patch.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Like it's been said by others, to enable pet auto-buff and locking skillbars you have to go to system settings > game tab.

Locking the skillsbars will make you unable to change, remove or switch hotkeys.

As for the 7 skills, what they meant is that now you can assign all 7 skills to hotkeys when you previously could only hotkey the basic 4 skills (with alt +1, alt +2, alt +3 etc.)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Found a typo in a title from a Aeu quest: it is saying Draongslayer and think they ment Dragonslayer.. since we are killing dragons f:laugh
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Ok, in Catshop mode, after open and closing Commision Shop, i will see my char and not my catshop, i can run around, tou cannot fly or call a mount or open any catshop, but i can see everyone moving around, can go wherever i want, till others see my catshop where it shall be :) If i leave catshop il be where i moved, and not where my catshop was, this happens when u close Commision Shop.
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So, who wants to play the guessing game at how long it will take for these bugs to get squashed and most of the content in this latest content update working?

I'm doubting it's something PWE can do in-house. That means that Wanmei will have to push out an update to PWE, which typically takes a few months. There's actually a solid chance that we won't get any fix for these problems until the next major update (expansion), late this year or early 2014.

So, I'm gonna stick with that. Early 2014 with the expansion is when I expect these issues to get resolved. I'm still sticking with not logging on until all of this jazz gets fixed up.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Flamelle - Raging Tide
    Flamelle - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I didn't notice anyone reporting this so far - in the boutique, the Preview button (for fashion items) was replaced with... Search! b:angry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I didn't notice anyone reporting this so far - in the boutique, the Preview button (for fashion items) was replaced with... Search! b:angry

Preview button was moved at the top.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Flamelle - Raging Tide
    Flamelle - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thank god >.<
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    **** UPDATE ****
    Well just did it on an alt and got a map 2, guess my main had a real run of bad luck 4 days in a row lol.

I'm not talking about since it came out. I'm talking about since last Tuesdays patch. Up until today, since last Tuesdays patch I have not gotten any map drop after doing map 1. I'm just asking if there are other people with the same experience, or if there are people around here who have gotten map drops AFTER last Tuesdays patch.

The last map I got were after the last update, got 8 crono page from the 5 map I had in safe from before the update.

AKA Sailokitty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I vote no on the update cause there are to many bugs. frankly PW has been like this for ever and it's just getting annoying.

Good expansion would be interesting new content, just like you did. BUT a working one. What is the point of making this if you can't implement it right away.

I'm excited for the R8 to nv update trough.

Yet again, in creating new content, I find it stupid that you make other dungeon obsolete.

The morai update was the most coolest one so far. Yeah again you made EU obsolete whit AEU. why ...

so much money went it it's creation ( or not ) and no one use it.

This title thing is only gonna stick for 1 or 2 month, then it's back to desert fill cat shop server.

I do hope you have better plan update in the next fix you get out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Okay this is a pretty critical bug. The monkey NPC for the "Happy National Day" billboard quest is missing. NPC: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/38909

You have to do his quest for 5 days to get the title, and you can *only* do it from October 1st to October 7th.

Which means if this NPC doesn't get fixed in tonight's maintenance we can't get this title for an entire year. b:angry
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Okay this is a pretty critical bug. The monkey NPC for the "Happy National Day" billboard quest is missing. NPC: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/38909

You have to do his quest for 5 days to get the title, and you can *only* do it from October 1st to October 7th.

Which means if this NPC doesn't get fixed in tonight's maintenance we can't get this title for an entire year. b:angry

lmao even if they fix this NPC at tonight's maintenance; you still cannot get this title for an entire year because today is Oct 1st. Servers are back up at Oct 2nd, so it wouldn't work anyways. Lastly, today is a restart onlyb:surrender
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

I don't think we would get this title, it's specially made for the Chinese national day. I was probably patched by mistake (big surprise there) .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firenia
    firenia Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but there are some fashion sets missing from the boutique. I'm not sure about what's missing from the men's fashion sets but I know the ones missing from the ladies section are the cougar set and the countess set :o
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    firenia wrote: »
    not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but there are some fashion sets missing from the boutique. I'm not sure about what's missing from the men's fashion sets but I know the ones missing from the ladies section are the cougar set and the countess set :o

Huntress set also, really odd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    lmao even if they fix this NPC at tonight's maintenance; you still cannot get this title for an entire year because today is Oct 1st. Servers are back up at Oct 2nd, so it wouldn't work anyways. Lastly, today is a restart onlyb:surrender

Learn to math. The event is up for 7 days, you only need 5 for the title.
  • Melekhiel - Sanctuary
    Melekhiel - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Has anyone ever seen that monkey NPC yet? Or is he completely out and forgotten by GMs? (or maybe he appears only at certain hours like the kitten?)
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I just wish i could dig my essences for Moria chain quest so i can get to AEU ._.'
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Learn to math. The event is up for 7 days, you only need 5 for the title.

lmao, I just did the math according to what you said. I log in about at most 5 mins per day now just for the calendar... Nothing to do after 105...this game is boring, so I don't know about the new title stuff other than what you said in your post.b:surrender

Edit: Spelled calendar wrong from calender...I guess I'm a perfectionist somewhat..
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

- Dreaming cloud daily for the holypills/mysticalpills is not there.

-Lycaeum of Cultivation bug: The NPC to exchange 1 old Feral Soul Star for 10 new Feral Soul Star is not there anymore. Also the targetable/tab-able circles in front of the Enraged Guards are no longer tab-able/targetable
    - Merdian Daily: Yee Joon does not offer the quest!

The lycaeum does work if you switch to PK mode, which I detest, and will not do. I tried it today to see if it did work. If I wanted to PK, I would play a first person shooter. Is anything being done to fix the two problems I quoted?
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So, who wants to play the guessing game at how long it will take for these bugs to get squashed and most of the content in this latest content update working?

I'm doubting it's something PWE can do in-house. That means that Wanmei will have to push out an update to PWE, which typically takes a few months. There's actually a solid chance that we won't get any fix for these problems until the next major update (expansion), late this year or early 2014.

So, I'm gonna stick with that. Early 2014 with the expansion is when I expect these issues to get resolved. I'm still sticking with not logging on until all of this jazz gets fixed up.

Things are holding true so far. It's been a few weeks since the bug-infested "content" update was thrown on our version, and so far not a single issue has been resolved yet. I still haven't logged in yet, but I'm assuming this is true because there hasn't been any significant patch yet.

Call it boycotting, or acting like a baby, etc - but I have no plans to return to play the game until these problems are fixed. I know it's just quests and broken NPCs, but it would ruin my play-style of completing every quest and min-maxing my character.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    f:laugh I guess I should have seen this post before I made this thread:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1632211

I'm glad I'm not the only one missing those mobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]