Content update bug thread/discussion

Options
krisnda
krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
From the maintance discussion:
foley3k wrote: »
Not trying to be a jerk, but, you might want to start a thread already about the things that do not work, glitched, missing etc... with the new content. I can't remember an update that wasn't flawless. Will help with the spam overload of threads. (hopefully)

This is true, and I've usually been the one to make these threads, so here's another one!

(I'm also asking Kossy, Venus and Skai for some assistance on this thread please :3, meaning, edit change, whatever.)

Also there's going to be a poll for if you like the new stuff, don't like it, or are indifferent about it.

Post away!

Bugs:

- Missing boss/instances not working.

Update!
- No Imperial General Wu at where the new quest leads to(the Ship on the Emerald Dragon Gulf).(being looked into)
- Attendance quest flawed:
to get the monthly reward, we need to sign everyday during that month. for this month we are screwed because the previous days when the system wasnt implemented are marked as absent.

now for this month ok , can get next month one.

but for the year one. annual attendance = less than 4 absent days for every month of the year. yet the previous months are marked as failed? (red cross). so for this year (they say a year = january to december, ofc) we cant get it?

- NCP's missing: Tien Ping, Lady in the Moon, Fashionista Wang:
ITEMS / NPCS / MONSTERS MISSING SO FAR

Quest: Reminder from a Sailor
Item: Deity's Tears (harvest)

Quest: Delicate Hairpin (Subquest of: Visit adoptive mother)
Item: Hairpin (harvest)

Quest: Rescue Chang (Subquest of: Son of Vixen)
Monster: Soul Devourer (enemy)

Quest: Precious Five-Color Thread (Subquest of: Secret Person)
Monster: Quintorn Phoenix (drops quest item)
Item: Five-Color Thread

Quest: Heartless Weed (Subquest of: Combat Poison with Poison)
Item: Heartless Weed (harvest)

Quest: Strange Architectural Style (Subquest of: I'll visit E. Barrier Village)
Item: Tile (harvest)

Quest: The missing child
Monster: Wild Wolf

Quest: White Emperor's Token
NPC: Ancient Wall Commandant (This is the STARTER Npc so it can't even be started)

Quest: Dream-Seekers City of Fire
NPC: Dragon City Marine
Note: There are mobs by this name ... but I'm not about to attack an invincible ??? level mob just to test this junk update so I'll simply say that the NPC is not there.

I'll update as I continue to probably find that every single new quest is broken :S
UPDATE: Confirmed, EVERY single new quest level 80 - 99 is BROKEN (I'm not level 100 yet)
- Dreaming cloud daily for the holypills/mysticalpills is not there.
- Duke is spamming again.
-Lycaeum of Cultivation bug: The NPC to exchange 1 old Feral Soul Star for 10 new Feral Soul Star is not there anymore. Also the targetable/tab-able circles in front of the Enraged Guards are no longer tab-able/targetable
- Merdian Daily: Yee Joon does not offer the quest!
Mine from quest http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29303 is not there.

Parent Quest
Visit Adoptive Mother
Description
Find the lost hairpin in the place where Yan's adoptive mother lived.

Required to do
Get: Hairpin Amount:1
Harvest from: Jewelry Box (is missing from location 241 775(23);)
- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1630321 <--Timing issue on the Perfect Match system
- The commission shop can "eat" mail items if you don't look at your mail.
- Chat filter is back to "derpy" strict.
- Quest Item inventory not working.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    iirc, according to the Russian patch notes, there's a missing boss somewhere and a couple instances not working? Couldn't tell which 'cause I just Google translated it since I don't speak a lick of Russian and it may not even occur over here, but something to watch out for, I guess?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    missing text telling ppl to base their game times on server times at perfect match sytem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Could you reopen the previous thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1624041&page=5

That one was discussing the new features coming, and issues like that. Sure they talked about bugs, but that is still a valid place for discussing new content. This thread is for discussing for bugs and issues, not how to deal with new content. Unless you can make a new thread, where people can discuss ways on how to handle the new content, tips, guides, tricks things like that.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I predict PvP will be turned on again in Secret Passage.b:laugh
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Eklykti - Dreamweaver
    Eklykti - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    according to the Russian patch notes, there's a missing boss somewhere
    Some of FB99 bosses called from 'Summonobot XL'
    and a couple instances not working?
    Can't confirm this, but there are some bugs with Trophy mode in FB99s.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Could you reopen the previous thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1624041&page=5

That one was discussing the new features coming, and issues like that. Sure they talked about bugs, but that is still a valid place for discussing new content. This thread is for discussing for bugs and issues, not how to deal with new content. Unless you can make a new thread, where people can discuss ways on how to handle the new content, tips, guides, tricks things like that.

This thread is also for discussing the new content (as well as "how to deal with it), as well as the bugs and such.
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I saw a video on youtube from the Russian server (and somewhere in here, but I got a lot of tabs opened) that all the people that left NW from 4 different servers were dumped into a PK enabled hole. There were people with blenders (Dragon's breath, vortex, etc.) up and killing everyone they could reach, and they were saying that there were drops on the ground.

Just putting that out there, cause if it happens here with east coast and west coast servers it won't be pretty. b:shutup

Edit: Found it b:avoid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=675NgSWzFiQ posted by Eklykti
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I saw a video on youtube from the Russian server (and somewhere in here, but I got a lot of tabs opened) that all the people that left NW from 4 different servers were dumped into a PK enabled hole. There were people with blenders (Dragon's breath, vortex, etc.) up and killing everyone they could reach, and they were saying that there were drops on the ground.

Just putting that out there, cause if it happens here with east coast and west coast servers it won't be pretty. b:shutup

Edit: Found it b:avoid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=675NgSWzFiQ posted by Eklykti

^^^Not Good....

I hope our varient of the game upgrade has already had a (pre-release) patch added to it to eliminate the possibility of whats happening in the video from actually happening here, otherwise the only way to escape it seems to be a Forced log-off...b:bye
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Joy Scrolls, not sure if love or hate yet. I only say this because apparently we can engrave stats our helms, capes, and belts now through it.

I'm sure it will be very underwhelming. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    I predict PvP will be turned on again in Secret Passage.b:laugh

I laughed harder than I should have b:chuckle
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    ^^^Not Good....

I hope our varient of the game upgrade has already had a (pre-release) patch added to it to eliminate the possibility of whats happening in the video from actually happening here, otherwise the only way to escape it seems to be a Forced log-off...b:bye

Ironguard town port.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Bug: No Imperial General Wu at where the new quest leads to(the Ship on the Emerald Dragon Gulf). At least not on RT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Bug: No Imperial General Wu at where the new quest leads to(the Ship on the Emerald Dragon Gulf). At least not on RT.
    I'm looking into this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    meridian daily npc has no quest (yen loon or whatever the name)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Where the bleep are the daily pill quests?

See what you did PWI? Got our poor players hooked on your cheap drugs!! f:horror
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Pets are supposed to auto-buff themselves but...they don't seem to do it? Unless I missed something?

Also, I can't find how to lock skillbars.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • janir86
    janir86 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Missing the PW Consignment NPC so dont have any use for my Dragon Oath I just bought. Fix it Asap or give the gold back couse its a time limit item.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Almost every new quest is broken. Any stage that involves a new npc or harvest item, the npc or item is not there. I have 9 quests that cannot be finished.

More info on titles would be helpful. I got pathfinder from a quest. I assume that ALL titles come from the title challenge menu. Is this once a day? Can you find one by doing something specific, or is it just a new daily?

There are a lot of sub-titles, and only a few main titles, for lack of a better description. The rewards are pretty small, but welcome. I've been stuck on the same 3rd cycle meridian gate for like a month now so its nice to have SOME measurable progression b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    wondering one thing. if thats the case its a big fail from pwe.

the new attendance thing. to get the monthly reward, we need to sign everyday during that month. for this month we are screwed because the previous days when the system wasnt implemented are marked as absent.

now for this month ok , can get next month one.

but for the year one. annual attendance = less than 4 absent days for every month of the year. yet the previous months are marked as failed? (red cross). so for this year (they say a year = january to december, ofc) we cant get it?

same for the full attendance one?
  • Celcastia - Dreamweaver
    Celcastia - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

same for the full attendance one?

Yep! We'll have to be happy with daily/monthly rewards for the next few months.

We'll get a shot at the yearly one come 2014.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yep! We'll have to be happy with daily/monthly rewards for the next few months.

We'll get a shot at the yearly one come 2014.

so new content update possible reward in 2015. GG
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Tien Ping isn't in East Arch.

Lady in the Moon isn't around anymore either; not sure if it was a seasonal NPC.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Pet Self-Buffing doesn't seem to work. Cannot Find Fashionista Wang in North Arch. <this one might just be me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Dreaming cloud daily for the holypills/mysticalpills is not there.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ariellla - Archosaur
    Ariellla - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As someone mentioned, almost.. UPDATE: not almost .. every single NEW quest (I have now tried them all) are BROKEN.

ITEMS / NPCS / MONSTERS MISSING SO FAR

Quest: Reminder from a Sailor
    Item: Deity's Tears (harvest)

Quest: Delicate Hairpin (Subquest of: Visit adoptive mother)
    Item: Hairpin (harvest)

Quest: Rescue Chang (Subquest of: Son of Vixen)
    Monster: Soul Devourer (enemy)

Quest: Precious Five-Color Thread (Subquest of: Secret Person)
    Monster: Quintorn Phoenix (drops quest item)
    Item: Five-Color Thread

Quest: Heartless Weed (Subquest of: Combat Poison with Poison)
    Item: Heartless Weed (harvest)

Quest: Strange Architectural Style (Subquest of: I'll visit E. Barrier Village)
    Item: Tile (harvest)

Quest: The missing child
    Monster: Wild Wolf

Quest: White Emperor's Token
    NPC: Ancient Wall Commandant (This is the STARTER Npc so it can't even be started)

Quest: Dream-Seekers City of Fire
    NPC: Dragon City Marine
    Note: There are mobs by this name ... but I'm not about to attack an invincible ??? level mob just to test this junk update so I'll simply say that the NPC is not there.

I'll update as I continue to probably find that every single new quest is broken :S
    UPDATE: Confirmed, EVERY single new quest level 80 - 99 is BROKEN (I'm not level 100 yet)

GOOD JOB.

also...

The TITLE system is completely without explanation and as far as I can tell doesnt' work. If it does, it's news to me because I can't seem to figure out how to actually get a title at all...

Edit: Pathfinding Master appears to be the only attainable title .... as far as I can tell anyway

The new ICONS flash forever .. and ever ... and I wanna pluck my own eyes out now.

DUKE BLACK NEVER SHUTS UP. Nobody wants to know about Platinum Charms! C'mon PWI you already made this mistake once before, why are you repeating old mistakes????

The CHECK IN system is counting ALL previous days this year as MISSED when it should have defaulted to CHECKED IN so people could actually have a shot at the yearly award THIS year instead of forcing us to wait 15 months for our reward!

I rest my case. BAD update.
  • Lluan - Heavens Tear
    Lluan - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I know it's not a bug, but damn, remove the flashing from those lousy extra buttons added. Soo annoying b:angry
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Please reduce the spams by Duke Blacke. He is spamming for everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • drageekeksi
    drageekeksi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hello,

i think its a bug since the new update. The NPC in the venomancer daily dungeon is missing, where you could exchange 1 feral soul star for 10.
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So to cut it short it's a bad update and we only get Boutique items and OP will be more OP while others get new instance and farmable stuff that we can only buy.
    On RT people spam WC with the rewards from packs so i guess in our PWI version we dont need to farm right? This update is only for people who can afford to spend they life savings on this game...GREAT UPDATE!