Comments

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey!, I stand out sortab:shutupb:surrender

you always tell me to leave you alone :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Sparklecat - Harshlands
    Sparklecat - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    you always tell me to leave you alone :c
    b:surrender Only because you kinda hurtb:surrender
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Psy 1v1's are boring as ****, it all comes down to whose silence procs the most, its like sin 1v1s where it comes down to which sin gof crits on one of its power skills, only difference sin 1v1s last usually at the most 2 minutes, a psy 1v1 can be 2 minutes or it can be 30 minutes b:surrender

Every class 1v1 is boring as ****. And impractical.
    Rule of thumb: if it's a fight where you consistently need over 2 minutes to get the kill, it's not practical in the slightest.

I mean sure it can be sorta fun just to check and see if you've got all the right skill combos in mind, but like I often have to laugh when people say "have them 1v1," cause fact of the matter is 1v1 against your own class is a horrible way to determine skill, for ANY class. (barb vs barb, cleric vs cleric, BM vs BM, Psy vs Psy, Seeker vs Seeker, mystic vs mystic....)
    I <3 AGOREY
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Every class 1v1 is boring as ****. And impractical.
    Rule of thumb: if it's a fight where you consistently need over 2 minutes to get the kill, it's not practical in the slightest.

I mean sure it can be sorta fun just to check and see if you've got all the right skill combos in mind, but like I often have to laugh when people say "have them 1v1," cause fact of the matter is 1v1 against your own class is a horrible way to determine skill, for ANY class. (barb vs barb, cleric vs cleric, BM vs BM, Psy vs Psy, Seeker vs Seeker, mystic vs mystic....)

On a slightly related note, it's also silly to ask for venos to have pets 1vs1. Some of monkey's skills explicitly only work on players....it doesn't show which is more "useful"
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    On a slightly related note, it's also silly to ask for venos to have pets 1vs1. Some of monkey's skills explicitly only work on players....it doesn't show which is more "useful"

It can be fun, but yeah, it's not practical.

Case and point, there was a week where I ended up in a crystal contest vs sethz and we had 1v1 at a crystal.

Nobody dug that crystal. He couldn't kill me and he got a purify proc that ruined my setup every single time. He's a wiz obviously (and no offense to him but I could totally get that if his purify wasn't Jesus that day and I had buffs (he did I didn't iirc), cause yeah Psy killing wiz kinda needs debuffs. Again no offense though cause typically Psy has the advantage there so no shame dying to Psy as wiz), but my point is that any squad vs itself is just highly impractical in NW or TW to the point where ANY team that doesn't try to actively avoid such fights is stupid and killing itself. Only reason he and I couldn't leave there was cause if one of us did, the crystal would get capped for the enemy. Was bad luck we faced off and nothing either of us could do about it.

Same in TW. The goal is to kill efficiently, and targeting your own class is rarely efficient. The only three who'll do so are wiz-psy-archer, and that's cause there's enough focus fire to speed things up (also helps you won't find psys in white in TW).

I remember my brief time spent on a private server when someone made me an account. Tried 1v1 vs. all classes. Vs. Psy? 10 seconds and I said "nope, **** this" and just told the Psy I was gonna sit in white and do nothing and if he could kill me then congrats.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • nimao20
    nimao20 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    best veno---->sparklecat :D
    Seeker_King 105-105-103 Dawnglory Server http://mypers.pw/8/#406429
    Youtube Channel
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nimao20 wrote: »
    best veno---->sparklecat :D

Sparkle get off you alt account, you cant vote for yourself!
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lol!? you guys are hilarious xD

Anyhow here's my list:

Blademaster - ICIE_STORM, ichidontgo, LordFable, Madmortagen; Not all of them are max geared but they've shown expert level blademaster prowess which cannot be ignored.

Wizard: GrandMaster, Boomz, NUBAWIZZIE mambru; With these 4 I've learned the power of masterful wizardry and off the charts trololol

Archer: AshIy, SkyMadness, Left_Right, Zoe_Princess, BelleEpoque ; In my experience with these archers they've shown top notch abilities and skillful usage of their class to be listed as my top archers in pwi.

Cleric: Fallen_Faith, Aralyn, NaughtyNurse, EukyNuba, birder "Lord_Jiraya - when is isn't being lazy" ; These healers hold a special part in this game of pwi and without them many people wouldn't' be where they are today ingame.

Barbarian: Furrywrath, feely, AmYourFriend, Vikirnof ; These guys show on a daily basis that a barb without maxed out gear can still complete their jobs of tanking in excess which is really cool in a world where people think you need r9rr to be anything.

Venomancer: maria, chieko, rhavaniel, rayraynicholas ; Look no further when you need AOE purge / amp / debuff's these 4 working together with the rest of the pokemon pack are a sight to behold O.O

Assassins: Lenitu , Gothicax , Diaboola, RustyMuffinz ; These 4 have shown on ample occasions that their versatility and skillful use of DPH gears which has brought them 1 step closer to killing me one day :P

Psychics: RedSkittle, \_iORi_/, Mandi, Atomic_Nuke: Without a doubt these 4 amongst the many have shown their magical practice to supercede others by far. God FORBID they soulburn you JEBUS!!

Seeker: VastBlade, FullMetal, Cykotik, Kiru : None have shown the raw potential if a seeker more than these guys. I doubt anyone could survive against them in a 1 v 1 if their magic were to zerk crit a few times in a row.

Mystic: Allanon, x_betrayed_x, WiFi, Jikininki ; Many doubted mystics potential as an endgame class until one day Allanon went to west and wiped everyone from existence, till this day barbs shutter at the presence of mystics of equal gear.

LOL. Basically BankaiGOD is the best. Where are they on the map again? o_O
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LOL. Basically BankaiGOD is the best. Where are they on the map again? o_O

they're waiting until there's a 'safe zone' on the map, so they can 3spark and run out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Sparklecat - Harshlands
    Sparklecat - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013

That's not my alt account QQ.b:surrenderb:sadb:angry
  • nimao20
    nimao20 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I'm not the alt of sparklecat, i'm Seeker_King
    Seeker_King 105-105-103 Dawnglory Server http://mypers.pw/8/#406429
    Youtube Channel
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @Sint i also think i stand out as a venomancer and nobody can deny that b:kiss

Annnnnnnd who exactly are you?
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Annnnnnnd who exactly are you?

RankNine is RedBetty.
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
    edited September 2013
    RankNine is RedBetty.

note taken
  • PrincessKat - Harshlands
    PrincessKat - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *runs in innocently* I vote me as 3rd best fashion b:chuckle *runs back out*

tied for third..especially since we are twins :)
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    RankNine is RedBetty.

wait what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Midnight/ - Harshlands18
    Midnight/ - Harshlands18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I quit months ago but came across this thread...problems with threads like these alot of ppl will vote for 'geared' rather then the skilled' as its true alot of names mentioned are r9rr ppl.

Its almost 100% certain if u take some of those r9 ppl and make them fight vs someone in exact same armor they'd loose,but hey thats my 2cent's

No clue how i got mentioned for seeker since well i just played in my own way and certainly didnt have anywhere near OP gear,but thanks anyways for names who mentioned me lol.

As for synths post well can clearly see thats half of guild roster.I dont claim to be best seeker or even good seeker but before i quit 'vastbalade' and 'fullmetal' died to me 1vs1 more then once i might add,i cant comment on them now though as ive been gone for almost 9 months now and when i left i had g16 still which im guessin isnt even decent standards on this game anymore,so both those seeker likely outgear me now.

Anyways thats just my comment,gl and hf to everyone who still plays this game
  • Feely - Harshlands
    Feely - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree Feely is an excellent barb in both PvP and PvE, I've seen him take on people of significantly better gear.

And RayRay is a good veno, although haven't seen her enough in PvP to assess that.

In NW she does quite well though.

Aww thanks Just. I don't really think I'm anywhere near good yet, but I'm working on it. I really don't know a ton of people on the server yet so my list is short. I'll leave Bankai members out so there's no bias :P.

Venomancer - Sparklecat and JustAllEvil (whether she likes it or not)

Barbarian - PERDITION

Wizard - None that I've taken notice of yet

Blademaster - Again none I've noticed yet

Cleric - Yuyi

Archer - None until they get rid of purge on a bow

Psychic/Assassin/Seeker/Mystic - I don't know the newer classes well enough to classify "best" honestly.

Again I'm not including Bankai members on here since I'm in the faction.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Archer - None until they get rid of purge on a bow

I actually know of only 1, maybe 2 archers in the entire server who still remembers how to kill an equally geared opponent with buffs without relying on purge.

Every other archer just saves all 3.99 + 3.99 sparks for Wings of Grace spam while praying for a purge shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited September 2013
    I actually know of only 1, maybe 2 archers in the entire server who still remembers how to kill an equally geared opponent with buffs without relying on purge.

Every other archer just saves all 3.99 + 3.99 sparks for Wings of Grace spam.

Honestly, there's only a handful of people, of each class, who know how to fight equal geared opponents anymore on the server. It's mostly become skill<gear now adays.
    edited September 2013
    Honestly, there's only a handful of people, of each class, who know how to fight equal geared opponents anymore on the server. It's mostly become skill<gear now adays.

Which again, was the point of the thread :P To try to figure out who *does* do well, and give kudos to those. Not to QQ about the people who don't, that's what people do all day in WC. b:chuckle

(And yes, Feely, I disagree, although thank you)
  • Xinova - Harshlands
    Xinova - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lol!? you guys are hilarious xD

Anyhow here's my list:

Blademaster - ICIE_STORM, ichidontgo, LordFable, Madmortagen; Not all of them are max geared but they've shown expert level blademaster prowess which cannot be ignored.

Wizard: GrandMaster, Boomz, NUBAWIZZIE mambru; With these 4 I've learned the power of masterful wizardry and off the charts trololol

Archer: AshIy, SkyMadness, Left_Right, Zoe_Princess, BelleEpoque ; In my experience with these archers they've shown top notch abilities and skillful usage of their class to be listed as my top archers in pwi.

Cleric: Fallen_Faith, Aralyn, NaughtyNurse, EukyNuba, birder "Lord_Jiraya - when is isn't being lazy" ; These healers hold a special part in this game of pwi and without them many people wouldn't' be where they are today ingame.

Barbarian: Furrywrath, feely, AmYourFriend, Vikirnof ; These guys show on a daily basis that a barb without maxed out gear can still complete their jobs of tanking in excess which is really cool in a world where people think you need r9rr to be anything.

Venomancer: maria, chieko, rhavaniel, rayraynicholas ; Look no further when you need AOE purge / amp / debuff's these 4 working together with the rest of the pokemon pack are a sight to behold O.O

Assassins: Lenitu , Gothicax , Diaboola, RustyMuffinz ; These 4 have shown on ample occasions that their versatility and skillful use of DPH gears which has brought them 1 step closer to killing me one day :P

Psychics: RedSkittle, \_iORi_/, Mandi, Atomic_Nuke: Without a doubt these 4 amongst the many have shown their magical practice to supercede others by far. God FORBID they soulburn you JEBUS!!

Seeker: VastBlade, FullMetal, Cykotik, Kiru : None have shown the raw potential if a seeker more than these guys. I doubt anyone could survive against them in a 1 v 1 if their magic were to zerk crit a few times in a row.

Mystic: Allanon, x_betrayed_x, WiFi, Jikininki ; Many doubted mystics potential as an endgame class until one day Allanon went to west and wiped everyone from existence, till this day barbs shutter at the presence of mystics of equal gear.

The only people that belong on this list with altered titles is:
    Feely - (No Longer Bankai)
    Boomz - (Best use of Triple Spark)
    SkyMadness - (Silver Pool is my 2nd Home)
    Birderr - (Best Basebuffer HL)
    Jiki/Left_Right - (Biggest Warsoul Joke yet, killed him on my bm when I was level 89 with +5 Calamities, haven't seen him out of safe zone since)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Kyree for best sin.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kyree For Best Sin.

Yeah!
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, people still play this game.

Lol@some of the names that come up. Did someone mention Azhez? LMFAO! Sint you need to get smacked for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited October 2013
    Wow, people still play this game.

Lol@some of the names that come up. Did someone mention Azhez? LMFAO! Sint you need to get smacked for that.

yep people still play. Every month I log on or so and the game still lives somehow. It's really amazing and I'm very curious as to why.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would actually still play if the pvp were any good, but it's pretty bland. The other "free" game I'm playing also has boxes and all the other f2p nonsense, but at least it doesn't have a $4000 initial investment requirement, and the 3v3's are actually decent...oh and drama galore ahahaha :p.

PWI really needs some sanctioned non-"zerg" combat, that doesn't involve a bunch of R999's mindlessly pressing skill buttons vs an army of ****-geared one-shots. The drama is the same old, same old, except now it doesn't matter because the TW's behind them are a shadow of what they once were.

It's sad, I just want a legitimately good p2p mmo now that doesn't have the acronym W.O.W...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited October 2013
    I would actually still play if the pvp were any good, but it's pretty bland. The other "free" game I'm playing also has boxes and all the other f2p nonsense, but at least it doesn't have a $4000 initial investment requirement, and the 3v3's are actually decent...oh and drama galore ahahaha :p.

PWI really needs some sanctioned non-"zerg" combat, that doesn't involve a bunch of R999's mindlessly pressing skill buttons vs an army of ****-geared one-shots. The drama is the same old, same old, except now it doesn't matter because the TW's behind them are a shadow of what they once were.

It's sad, I just want a legitimately good p2p mmo now that doesn't have the acronym W.O.W...

People have always whined about players who out gear them though. And in all games I've played/play that are f2p with a cash shop. I've legitimately seen players rage for an hour in a game over a hat making somebody OP. (won't break rules and say which game)

It's not r9. It's you. And every other non-r9/lower gear player that refuses to pull out their big boy pants/big girl panties and go find PvP with people of closer gear. I recall people have the same QQ with Zulu (not picking on them, just yea, was mainly them people QQed) "PvP is dead! I hate you! Your dogs need to die! I can't PvP! Charge more!". I wasn't Zulu then, managed to still PvP. Managed to PvP on my veno at 9x, managed to PvP without r9.

I've seen 9x PvP at Silver Pool. I've seen lower lvled/lesser geared faction vs faction pk wars. I see non-r9s at West.

As for why I stay:
    I like some of the people, I like the PvP, I like Dark, and I don't feel like spending the time/money on a new game.

tl;dr: r9 didn't break the game, your complaining prevents you from enjoying it.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited October 2013
    TBH this is probably -THE- most balanced moment in PWI's history.

Herpderp sins are largely a joke (cannot for the life of me name a single existing one that doesn't explicitly wait for their target to be pre-stunned), no one class is known for dominating the market, pretty much everyone can achieve r9rr or well-refined N3, and the difference between the hardcore CSers and F2P people like myself? I'm r9rr +12 with +8 armor, they're +12 everything and have all the NW swag, which while nice and does afford them a minor advantage (keyword "minor"), is NOT significant enough to prevent me from being able to kill them.

R8 vs r9 was "go home r8 you're drunk." r9 was basically twice as strong. r9's defense was too strong and their damage output was beyond ridiculous.

r9rr or N3 vs fully-decked-NW-gear guy is "I got dis." The NW gear makes them maybe ~10-15% stronger; nothing that's gonna make them unkillable by any means. I mean for example if I fight a wiz with the r9rr ring, do I care? No, the magic benefits will be largely irrelevant to me and that ring exists for pdef, not mdef. Same goes for a cube neck. In the end all that matters is the extra ~3-6% crit from the Tome and neck, and the ~4000 extra magic attack the tome can give, which, while definitely nice, is still easily within the realm of "killable."
    And if a BM or Barb has the ring and neck, do I care? Yes and no. Most important of all is if he's buffed on top of that gear, not so much the base gear (though obviously he still wants it cause it benefits his buffed stats). Buffs = everything these days, and if you're not buffed, it doesn't matter what class you are or what your stats are: you're killable. Only a select few classes like Psy, Barb and Seeker, who perhaps suffered from abysmally low defensive stats in the past, would see massive benefit from such gear, since putting a +12 r9rr on a Psy can literally mean the difference between 50% physical reduction and 70%. Anyone else? It's the difference between 77% and 80%....
    I <3 AGOREY