Vex defends against Relic part 4, September 7th, 2013 ---- Victory

Options
FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Tideswell (East)
Click here to Watch

here's a display of war happening on Dreamweaver
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
Post edited by FlyRanger - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    sorry but this is so bad quality that is impossible to watch.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Relic vs Vex - Trailer

Some fun extracts from the fight from my viewpoint. Have rendered a 1hr version of the 2.5hr fight which will be uploaded soon so subscribe/check back later if you want to watch it. b:victory
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited September 2013
    Options
    thx for posting it:)

herd form both sides that was grate tw. gratz to both sides b:victory
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yeah we're probably two of the most evenly balanced factions on DW that can field a full turnout.

Glad we finally got to fight, going against Dyna/Tempest wasnt fun and rolling smaller factions like Regen/BootyCamp is boring too.

Hope for many more fights vs them. b:thanks
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Its his own recording style, not everyone puts in music n stuffs.
    I immensely enjoyed listening to Biggys team cheering ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The audio is fine, but problematic are the oddly shaped view... I think its because he hasn't done any post editing due to the fact that his video recording program renders as it records. These are essentially the raw files. Judging by the lag I saw in a few spots, though, I'm not sure if he'd be able to use FRAPS and still play. I do recommend though that if he can, that is what he aught to do, and if you need any tips on how to do some really basic rendering or speeding-up-of-footage, I could teach... now THERE is an idea, I aught to make a quick tutorial on how I do basic editting of pwi footage... aha!

And yeah it looks like a great fight.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Its his own recording style, not everyone puts in music n stuffs.
    I immensely enjoyed listening to Biggys team cheering ^_^

I didnt sad its about music LOL. Vid is so blury I cant see anything. Check DarkSkiesx quality and you will then understand what Im talking about. Idc about styles its about quality of vid.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The audio is fine, but problematic are the oddly shaped view... I think its because he hasn't done any post editing due to the fact that his video recording program renders as it records. These are essentially the raw files. Judging by the lag I saw in a few spots, though, I'm not sure if he'd be able to use FRAPS and still play. I do recommend though that if he can, that is what he aught to do, and if you need any tips on how to do some really basic rendering or speeding-up-of-footage, I could teach... now THERE is an idea, I aught to make a quick tutorial on how I do basic editting of pwi footage... aha!

And yeah it looks like a great fight.

I'd be interested to compare render settings/post recording edits actually. I think I maybe need to adjust the gamma setting on pwi as it comes out pretty dark sometimes

I use Fraps at 30fps full size recording the game played at 1920x1080p res.

Editing is in sony vegas pro 12, if thats what you use, I'll post a link to project & render settings. Output is mp4 at around 7mbs bitrate. The 1hr vex tw is 3gb though b:shocked so I may use a compression program I use called Handbrake. This affects the quality marginally.

But I'd be interested to see what you do.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options

Did you play the video in 720p?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2013
    Options
    Did you play the video in 720p?

Tbh when I was watching it first time was so blurry I couldn't see anything, but today when I checked it out again wasn't that bad, dunno why, maybe i had bad connection the other day or my pc had PMS:)

But I agree with Aeliah on this so will just quote him becouse Im lazy and he knows better:)

"Oh that was an excellent ending. Really suggest you look into getting fraps though if possible, then rendering raw footage, and then rendering it in another program, lets you keep quality and also do stuff like speed up footage 2x, which is pretty standard for tw footage to keep things interesting."

But I loved sound part, it makes it more interesting to watch... or you can add your comments if you decide to speed up your footage in future.

but anyway thx for posting it
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Relic vs Vex - Full fight

Finally uploaded this beast. Warning: This is 1hr long, consider yourself prewarned, if you dont want to watch and hour long vid of me kicking *** and getting me *** kicked as its too long or complain its too long, the best solution is dont watch it! b:chuckle

Full fight only cut out the rebuffing waiting moving etc. Feel free to point out any noobness. Also Fly/DSholder had to call you out on that stealth triple spark IG autoattack bro b:laugh

Enjoy!
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'd be interested to compare render settings/post recording edits actually. I think I maybe need to adjust the gamma setting on pwi as it comes out pretty dark sometimes

I use Fraps at 30fps full size recording the game played at 1920x1080p res.

Editing is in sony vegas pro 12, if thats what you use, I'll post a link to project & render settings. Output is mp4 at around 7mbs bitrate. The 1hr vex tw is 3gb though b:shocked so I may use a compression program I use called Handbrake. This affects the quality marginally.

But I'd be interested to see what you do.

mp4 gives dark output. use .wmv to have the natural colors of pwi, I tested all of the sony vegas renders for hd, and .wmv is the look I prefer by far. I should also say I render with varying output, for the data intensive sections up to 20 mbs, and lower limit of 10, average 15mbs. Maybe a bit over the top but makes for crisper footage I find.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As someone who has used Sony Vegas for six years, .wmv is definitely the way to go!

Happy to see Vex going strong <3 give Big and Val kisses for me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Options
    mp4 gives dark output. use .wmv to have the natural colors of pwi, I tested all of the sony vegas renders for hd, and .wmv is the look I prefer by far. I should also say I render with varying output, for the data intensive sections up to 20 mbs, and lower limit of 10, average 15mbs. Maybe a bit over the top but makes for crisper footage I find.

Yeah the only reason I got put off using wmv is because I couldnt find an option to use CUDA which massively speeds up render times.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Vex and Relic will face off again tonight, under different circumstances..4 factions are attacking Relic this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    and Relic defended 3 of them in less then 1 hr
    wish we had the number for 4th too,next time :Db:chuckle
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Gratz :)
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Relic have certainly increased their numbers and power well over the past weeks. They did well to defend 3 in the time they did, however all three factions they defended are all shadows of what they used to be. They played the game well and if they had seriously tried to defend Vex as well they ran the risk of losing 3/4 lands.

Would be nice to see Vex vs Relic again without the interruption of ganks. Almost too close to call, Relic with possibly the better DDs and a number of strong barbs and Vex with arguably the better team work and Biggy b:victory
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Relic vs Vex - Full fight

Finally uploaded this beast. Warning: This is 1hr long, consider yourself prewarned, if you dont want to watch and hour long vid of me kicking *** and getting me *** kicked as its too long or complain its too long, the best solution is dont watch it! b:chuckle

Full fight only cut out the rebuffing waiting moving etc. Feel free to point out any noobness. Also Fly/DSholder had to call you out on that stealth triple spark IG autoattack bro b:laugh

Enjoy!

Don't forget the pro deaths of that Cream guy I swear he's the only one that can fail in style b:chuckle
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Relic should win on DD power, but I think Vex barbs have Relic beat by a long shot; 2 jaded r9rr barbs who are tanky in their own right, and then the best-geared barb on the server. The barbs always have been and always will be one of the greatest indicators of success for a faction.

Tempest arguably has (maybe had?) similar dd power to Dynasty, but does not have Dynasty-class barbs. All strategical and tactical considerations aside, I think that is one of the main reasons why Tempest struggles against Dynasty. It is why, on Saturday, when Tempest took a gamble by sending out a large attack towards Dynasty base while Dynasty sent out a large attack on a different lane, our ~20-30 ppl on defense were able to stall and even kill some of their barbs (vs their ~50-60 attackers) whereas our attack (~50-60 of us vs. ~20-30 of them defending) was able to keep all (I think) of our barbs alive, which made our attack succeed while Tempest's did not.

To put it another way, the ratio of barb tankiness/enemy dd power is higher for Dynasty than Tempest, and with the information I have now, I believe the same to be true for Vex when compared to Relic. All strategical and tactical considerations aside, Vex *should* be more successful with their lineup of barbs. In reality, I can see it going either way, but Vex will always hold the advantage as long as they maintain their barb superiority.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Relic should win on DD power, but I think Vex barbs have Relic beat by a long shot; 2 jaded r9rr barbs who are tanky in their own right, and then the best-geared barb on the server. The barbs always have been and always will be one of the greatest indicators of success for a faction.

Tempest arguably has (maybe had?) similar dd power to Dynasty, but does not have Dynasty-class barbs. All strategical and tactical considerations aside, I think that is one of the main reasons why Tempest struggles against Dynasty. It is why, on Saturday, when Tempest took a gamble by sending out a large attack towards Dynasty base while Dynasty sent out a large attack on a different lane, our ~20-30 ppl on defense were able to stall and even kill some of their barbs (vs their ~50-60 attackers) whereas our attack (~50-60 of us vs. ~20-30 of them defending) was able to keep all (I think) of our barbs alive, which made our attack succeed while Tempest's did not.

To put it another way, the ratio of barb tankiness/enemy dd power is higher for Dynasty than Tempest, and with the information I have now, I believe the same to be true for Vex when compared to Relic. All strategical and tactical considerations aside, Vex *should* be more successful with their lineup of barbs. In reality, I can see it going either way, but Vex will always hold the advantage as long as they maintain their barb superiority.

b:laugh wanna point few things and don't get mad.
    1st dyn out gears of most of our people
    2nd we never get max players show up (60-75 not max alway)
    3rd b:laugh don't say you don't out DD : how many max +12 gears with josd or without josd or josd with +10?
    4th: our barb suck whatever, atless our we have fun
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
    edited September 2013
    Options

Aeliah. That actually did make me lol.

Who's the second jaded r9rr barb in Vex? Trust me overall our barbs are better. By a long shot. We have iirc 6 r9rr barbs. Three of which are like heavy refine sharded not as well geared as Biggie but not many barbs on server are.

I think the comparison between Relic Vex and Dyna Tempest is inaccurate. Relic and Vex are VERY closely matched such that on a 1v1 it will always be super fun and even, whereas Dyna roll Tempest due to Tempest having lost people/massively outgeared, Dyna has r9rr popping out the woodwork.

With us it can go either way and I love that, win or lose it doesnt matter to me, what matters is everyone has loads of fun and learns and improves from it. Theres no animosity or hate, just an appreciation that when we meet in TW it is epic b:thanks
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Arriioch - Dreamweaver
    Arriioch - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I totally agree with Dark!!!! The Relic v Vex fight was one of the most fun fights I have had by far in a very very long time!! Those evenly matched fights are so totally fun and exciting !!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    and Relic rolled 3 of them in less then 1 hr

Fixed

Not sure if Regenesis, Kindrid, and Bootycamp together can field enough firepower to gun down Relic lol
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited September 2013
    Options
    At Relic we like to chew bubblegum and kick azz. Last weekend we were all out of gum.

Relic vs BootyCamp & Kindrid & Regenesis
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think the comparison between Relic Vex and Dyna Tempest is inaccurate. Relic and Vex are VERY closely matched such that on a 1v1 it will always be super fun and even, whereas Dyna roll Tempest due to Tempest having lost people/massively outgeared, Dyna has r9rr popping out the woodwork.

^This
    I Highly enjoy a equal fight due to myself, despite playing for 4 years, still working on my endgame gear (im close though, just need mah molds neck and belt :D).
    I'm squishy as hell still, but fighting with Relic was outmostly(that be a word? o.o) the most fun TW I had ever been in; and that was because there were folk like me with around the same gear that I could actually chip a good deal of HP away.

It was so equal, it felt like how back in mid 2010 I was in Oldschool Tempest fighting Oldschool Dyna for hours at a time, instead of being rolled in 10 minutes. The longer the fight went on, the more heated and excited I got because I had no idea who would come out on top. GG Relic, GG - you made Nemy very happy f:grin

As commented on Darks newest video, I was a bit dissapoint Relic no showed, but I understand you had to defend the other areas with great results :D I'll see you next week! ^_^

(oh and our barbs are too fluffy and adorable to be tough, what are ya going on about? o.o heehee)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Aeliah. That actually did make me lol.

Who's the second jaded r9rr barb in Vex? Trust me overall our barbs are better. By a long shot. We have iirc 6 r9rr barbs. Three of which are like heavy refine sharded not as well geared as Biggie but not many barbs on server are.

With us it can go either way and I love that, win or lose it doesnt matter to me, what matters is everyone has loads of fun and learns and improves from it. Theres no animosity or hate, just an appreciation that when we meet in TW it is epic b:thanks

I know Vex has at least 3 jaded r9rr barbs, and thats just what I've seen by previewing gear at the afk spot near faction base manager. Quantity of barbs is not quality: just ask Tempest. I know that Relic has some good barbs, don't get me wrong; its just that, in most cases, it comes down to how strong your top 4 barbs are, since that is the usual cap on how many catas you can have. In that department, I think Vex still wins. DD power, it could go either way. As much as Relic has gained power recently, Vex has likewise.

As far as comparisons between Tempest and Dynasty go... I was thinking of past history, not as Tempest is now. Clearly Tempest has some issues atm. Tempest *used* to have stronger dds than us, used to get a full 80, and lost (strategy aside) because of lack of strong barbs. Now I'll wager that Dynasty has Tempest beat in both dd power, attendance, and barbs; a nearly insurmountable obstacle unless they can find a way to recruit some of the people they've lost (which might be difficult given how well matched Vex and Relic are, which promises interesting fights for the next season).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    2 hour 45 minutes TW's = 2 near perfectly even factions comparing gears and classes won't change that proof is in the pudding.
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If only it were that easy CreamDrinker lol. That doesn't tell us how much Vex lost off crystal, nor attendance of each faction, and most of all, it means that, because it wasn't 3 hours, Vex barbs killed your crystal. That is the only actual proof you get from that, and that sorta proof tends to support what I was saying.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Artymis - Dreamweaver
    Artymis - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

actually, if you're going for the best quality -

1080p
    fps 29.976
    h.264
    Video: 1920x1080 29.976, Progressive
    Bitrate: VBR, 2 pass, Target 8.0 Mbps
    Audio: AAC, 320 kbps, 48khz, Stereo

file extensions don't give "darker outputs". The color grading gives "darker outputs".

Further, Fraps has only 1 file extension format and that is .avi. Most video techs do prefer .wmv over .avi but the new favorite is the h.264

Because no one exports (renders, if you use Sony Vegas) .avi files, there are quality control points to consider. Certain file extensions can only reach certain limits, as my understanding has it; ie an h.264 file has better quality than .wmv. Although that is for more than just what the color grade is, it's a composition of all the details I listed above. Obviously, that's why there are different settings for different quality. I'm simply clarifying the discussion.

It would also be pleasing to see due credit, Aeliah. b:kiss

Lastly, while Sony Vegas is popular amongst most in the online community, might I suggest Adobe Premiere? CS6 of course, nothing less. It's integrated with Photoshop, After Effects, and Media Encoder which is nice if you like to add special touches to your videos.