Getting focussed in PK - Harassment?

Options

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Lets not forget the 10 hour minimum for being white named on a PvE server. If the OP (or anyone in such situation) had only opened up PK mode a couple hours before being stalked - there really isn't a way to turn pk mode back off. They would have to safe zone it (while staying logged on) or else continue to run the risk of being pk'd for the remainder of the time before being able to get back out of PK mode.

I have no sympathy for any idiot on a blue server that goes white or red thinking it will make them seem more "cool" only to find their **** is used for toasting by the more "pro" button mashers.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have no sympathy for any idiot on a blue server that goes white or red thinking it will make them seem more "cool" only to find their **** is used for toasting by the more "pro" button mashers.

I don't think everyone does it to "seem cool" as you put it. A lot of people go PK mode on PVE server so they hit NPC for chi during an instance, instead of using apo or genie. Others do it to test the waters of PvP. I can see how it would be frustrating - whatever you reasons for going pk mode - to have some (same) person show up in different places you've been going to and appear to be legitimately hunting you down. I do believe the issue has been raised here before in the past and if this is the case, I believe it indeed constitutes as harassment/griefing or however you want to call it. BUT.. if you're being hunted down, it does paint the picture that you've likely done something to make the other person feel as though you "deserve" it (whether their griefing is within TOS or not). Maybe you've not done something to said character explicitly, but you never know whose lower level alt you just farmed (for example).

Case in point - I had my level 62 sin out in pk mode and after checking the level of a barb that was white named (70+) I decided to see if I could take it down. I did manage to kill it. The next thing I know, a level 100 veno came out and 1 shot me saying "you killed my barb, I kill you". b:laugh Their reason for being PK mode on the barb was "for chi", which is beyond me to grasp why they need to be white for chi on a lowbie toon. You would chi faster at that level with buffs.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Can't you gain chi just as fast by staying blue and dueling someone without the risk of going white and getting your (not aimed at you) mantie panties in a bunch if someone kills you?
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Surely you could. People even do it in warsong for chi (even though you don't actually do any damage to each other in duels.. the auto attack still builds chi). That aside, there's a lot of people that go PK just for chi. Surely they all know the risk it implies when turning on that option. Sadly not all of them are mature enough to accept the reality of being PK'd when it does happen. Now, I'm not sure about other servers - but on Dreamweaver there really aren't many random PK scenarios. Mostly it is just outside of West Arch, sometimes Lost City, and I think they tried an OT revival this past week. I have seen some lower levels running around white named at Jolly Jones area, mostly 6x and 7x sins pking each other. My seeker got tab targetted by an r9rr archer out in Morai and they apologized for the mistake. We both just kept killing our mobs and went about our business.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Several players in this particular thread are in part responsible for the portrayal of PvE players characterized as incompetents.

That's my attempt at saying in kind and civil like.
    You're in a server where in order to kill another player you must willing make yourself killable for a duration of time.

Then you complain about being killed in that duration of time....

Then others support your complaint of getting killed in that duration of time that you willingly made yourself killable for the purposes of killing others.

It's laughable.
    It's pathetic.
    It shows lack of common sense, intelligence, or logic.

As for verbal harassment,

L2 Blacklist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yes lets exclude the fact cleric are one of the most broken classes when well geared, or maybe you still holding a grudge for something that this particular person can not control. People like you make me sick. Unless they did something to you personally, it's stupid to try and hold a grudge against all sins. More than likely this fish ain't OP. Especially if the other sin is killing him that easy.

Okay, let's take this step by step...

Broken classes? You must be a frosted flake to think that an EP is broken. I won't debate you on this as you need to head to the store and buy a clue before we continue.

I say sins in general because they are a pain in the butt during open PvP and TW. It could be that you're too new to remember when stabby fish first came out. Most the time the sins' favorite game was poof-twitch the arcanes... and you need to ask why a caster would distrust sins?

As for your other statement... OP = original poster.

Really, I've tried to be as nice as I can in my reply to you... you should have heard what the voices in my fragile little mind wanted me to type. <shudder> b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You really want like 50 people a day quit to keep one noobish cashplaying no-lifer? -.-

lol of course. if you are not paying you are the product.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Several players in this particular thread are in part responsible for the portrayal of PvE players characterized as incompetents.

You're in a server where in order to kill another player you must willing make yourself killable for a duration of time.

Then others support your complaint of getting killed in that duration of time that you willingly made yourself killable for the purposes of killing others.

It's laughable.
    It's pathetic.

L2 Blacklist.

omg the voice of reason amidst a bunch of carebear lovers.

I don't understand the mentality of players on PVE servers. You go into pk mode and then **** and moan when you are pk'd.
    b:bye
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yes lets exclude the fact cleric are one of the most broken classes when well geared, or maybe you still holding a grudge for something that this particular person can not control. People like you make me sick. Unless they did something to you personally, it's stupid to try and hold a grudge against all sins. More than likely this fish ain't OP. Especially if the other sin is killing him that easy.

LOL broken seriously then you do not know how to play your class if you think a well geared EP is broken.
    b:bye
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think harassment is bannable not just in terms of rules of the game, and rather because such behaviour is not welcome in any real life society. That's why I don't see much contradiction about it being bannable on PvE servers as well...
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

It's laughable.
    It's pathetic.

L2 Blacklist.

Actually as far as I know people can do it by accident also. A faction member clicked the pk mode button the other day on accident when she went to click my dot on the mini map to autopath to me. she had to go hide in reflection the rest of the day. I've gone into PK mode once just to play around with my faction at the time then hid in Archo wile I slept

The OP isn't QQing about being killed they are QQing about the same person following them around killing them over and over again nonstop. That is griefing and who ever is telling the the person where the OP is needs to be un friended or kicked from the faction.
    You don't do that to friends/faction mates.

Yes the OP willingly went into PK mode. That still don't give anyone the right to follow them and grief them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Lets not forget the 10 hour minimum for being white named on a PvE server.

I do not have a veno lvl100+ on a PVE server, but they claim to don't have choice to turn in PK mode to do the daily instance for venomancers.

It's not the case of the OP, but it could be a veno that turn in PK for a PVE daily instance and don't have choice to wait 10 hours to switch back.

So the veno is a idiot calling to be kill? I don't think so.

To bad we don't have CM here cause I would really love to have a official statement that harassment and quest blocking is allowed on PVE servers.

I'm happy my veno is not on a PVE server.

I didn't understand back in time why venos did complain so much about need to turn in PK mode for the instance on PVE servers, now I do, people can harass them, chain PK them, quest block those venos and there's nothing those venos can do about it and they don't have choice to turn in PK mode to do the instance.

GG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Actually as far as I know people can do it by accident also. A faction member clicked the pk mode button the other day on accident when she went to click my dot on the mini map to autopath to me.

How do you even do that, considering there's a saftey question after clicking the button...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    How do you even do that, considering there's a saftey question after clicking the button...?

I honestly don't know. It's been years since I went PK mode. hitting it by accident then some weird timing hitting enter IDK. I just know she was upset after doing it.
    lol of course. if you are not paying you are the product.

I haven't put any real money into the game in months but I'm still somewhat supporting the game by buying gold from players who buy gold strictly to sell it for coin. PWI makes alot of money off of people buying zen to get gold strictly to sell either the gold or items to non cash players for coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    PK is pk but i think the stalking part has an issue. I remember in the past pple on PVP servers were able to report others that stalk harass kirred them during quests despite it being a PVP server.
    10. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;

PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    >Naming and Shaming isn't allowed on this forum.

>You're on a PVE server and in PK Mode willingly - you're fair game to anypony capable of facing you, just as the other PKers are should you be capable of killing them.

>You're not questing or being inhibited from some daily activity, so you are (again) fair game.

Perhaps you should work on becoming a better hunter before venturing into PK mode and being made into prey again.

Camping people like OP described is bannable offense though. I cant remember how ToS worded it, think it was considered harassing and thus offence.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    LOL broken seriously then you do not know how to play your class if you think a well geared EP is broken.

Lol and you stupid as hell to think they aren't, especially one that has all of their morai skills, or maybe you haven't seen a r9rr +12 take down a barb in the same gear. Ofc skill comes into play, but during the last update to skills clerics were given a ** ton of power. Magical Shackle is like soulburn to a sin. I know how to play my class very ****ing well thank you, better than most who have been playing the class way longer, also I started playing PWI right after beta TY so I dont appreciate your idiocy. Maybe you should learn to play cleric better instead on making open ended assumption from how the game was 2 years ago. Thinks have changed.
    Okay, let's take this step by step...

Broken classes? You must be a frosted flake to think that an EP is broken. I won't debate you on this as you need to head to the store and buy a clue before we continue.

I say sins in general because they are a pain in the butt during open PvP and TW. It could be that you're too new to remember when stabby fish first came out. Most the time the sins' favorite game was poof-twitch the arcanes... and you need to ask why a caster would distrust sins?

As for your other statement... OP = original poster.

Really, I've tried to be as nice as I can in my reply to you... you should have heard what the voices in my fragile little mind wanted me to type. <shudder> b:sad

As for you, in most game i play OP is overpowered/hax/broken, excuse me if you can't understand simple game lingo that's pretty universal, or maybe you can and you are being butthurt like in your last post, I honestly could care less.

First of all before i tear you a new one lets think. I started playing before genies, r8, and BH came out, this gives me about 2-3 years of play time before you even knew what a sin was.

Second, you forget that a sin is just a character that can be changed at will. What about all your caster friends that rolled a sin, would you distrust them too? Or did you forget that the person makes the toon, not the other damn way around.

Third if this is the case, that also means that some of the people you trust also made a habit of 'poofing' casters, especially in TW situations where a lot of people played sins. But this is no longer the case, a sin need to have top gear to survive other wise any caster can sparks and one shot them, the aps and low refined variety in particular.

Fourth, I played a barb before the tideborn came out. Do you know how it feels to be completely ****ing useless in a squad? Nothing other than a buff ho? Well I feel the same way on my sin now adays since i changed my main toon to a sin. So i get shafted not once, but twice, and you still don't see me b1tching about it on the forums and blaming a whole entire class for the actions of jerks.

What you are is pathetic, and butthurt. You remind me of the people you hate all black people, because of one bad incident, or any other ethnicity. And don't say it's not the same because you are using the same excuse to harass sins (or those who play them),
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As for you, in most game i play OP is overpowered/hax/broken, excuse me if you can't understand simple game lingo that's pretty universal, or maybe you can and you are being butthurt like in your last post, I honestly could care less.

First of all before i tear you a new one lets think. I started playing before genies, r8, and BH came out, this gives me about 2-3 years of play time before you even knew what a sin was.

Second, you forget that a sin is just a character that can be changed at will. What about all your caster friends that rolled a sin, would you distrust them too? Or did you forget that the person makes the toon, not the other damn way around.

Third if this is the case, that also means that some of the people you trust also made a habit of 'poofing' casters, especially in TW situations where a lot of people played sins. But this is no longer the case, a sin need to have top gear to survive other wise any caster can sparks and one shot them, the aps and low refined variety in particular.

Fourth, I played a barb before the tideborn came out. Do you know how it feels to be completely ****ing useless in a squad? Nothing other than a buff ho? Well I feel the same way on my sin now adays since i changed my main toon to a sin. So i get shafted not once, but twice, and you still don't see me b1tching about it on the forums and blaming a whole entire class for the actions of jerks.

What you are is pathetic, and butthurt. You remind me of the people you hate all black people, because of one bad incident, or any other ethnicity. And don't say it's not the same because you are using the same excuse to harass sins (or those who play them),

tl;dr

At the risk of flame-baiting and personal attacks against the fap-master above, may I just add to this discussion...

I've been an EP longer than you've been playing here,
    You have no clue what you are talking about,
    Don't try to engage me in a battle of wit as you are only half-prepared -removed-
    End of replies.b:victory

ps... before you go about trashing an excellent EP like Jesya, you may want to examine your own status in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    Options

I would like to just point out that: Reverse ad hominem doesn't work really well either.
    I can list a whole bunch of credentials, but my arguments aren't taken into consideration because I said I'm pro. It's because my arguments have truth in them.

I only started playing when the Archosaur server came out. This is my 2nd MMO, the first being a very simplistic game run by Jagex. Nevertheless, my percentile, among other players, is probably very good.

On the original topic: If you're complaining about PvE Pk harassment, ultimately it's your fault for clicking the button, then pressing confirm. Bans for this kind of thing will really only happen if harassment is unavoidable, as with the old Secret Passage or PvP servers.

Just play 10 hours and chat with friends. The time will fly.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    tsyfall wrote: »
    I would like to just point out that: Reverse ad hominem doesn't work really well either.
    I can list a whole bunch of credentials, but my arguments aren't taken into consideration because I said I'm pro. It's because my arguments have truth in them.

I only started playing when the Archosaur server came out. This is my 2nd MMO, the first being a very simplistic game run by Jagex. Nevertheless, my percentile, among other players, is probably very good.

On the original topic: If you're complaining about PvE Pk harassment, ultimately it's your fault for clicking the button, then pressing confirm. Bans for this kind of thing will really only happen if harassment is unavoidable, as with the old Secret Passage or PvP servers.

Just play 10 hours and chat with friends. The time will fly.

Dont bother, he feels leveling HH past level 3 is a waste.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is the dumbest thread ever. There only needed to be one response that said, "You are on a PVE server. Go blue name. Problem Solved."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    OP, I have to agree with above this is probably the stupidest most useless thread I have ever seen. You are on a PVE server with pk mode on, if you are out in any non safe zone you are free game. So please stop complaining because you obviously aren't ready for PK.

Here are your options:
    Wait until you can go back to blue name
    stay in a safe zone
    log off
    stop complaining
  • Raapy - Raging Tide
    Raapy - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't see why everyone think's "you're in PVE server go blue", i mean its actually the normal option, but since he's being chased everywhere he goes, it would mean he'd never be able to pk ever, cause if he turned white name another time he would have this guy following him around again?
    So my opinion is if someone is being killed and keep goings back to the same place he was killed, indeed the only thing he can do is switch to blue, but if he's being killed by the SAME person everywhere he goes which includes places that people don't usually go for PK, it should be considered harassment.
    [SIGPIC]Level 104 Sage Assassin[/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Anyone who thinks the OP needs staff intervention is a f-cking idiot.
    I'm sorry but you are.

For verbal harassment he has blacklist.
    For being hunted he has safezone, he has instances, he has areas identified on friendslist that are easily large enough to hide/avoid others in for extended periods.

To top it off he is on a server where in order to be killed or attacked you must choose to make yourself attackable, and when you do it is not permanent.

I spent levels 30 to 100 fighting constantly as i quested every single day. There were no hypers. There were no BHs until i hit about 80

I had to be a freakin ninja to get anything turned in to heavens tear. Swamps and Tusktown were constantly swarmed with higher level attackers. We formed pvp squads to defend each other in order to get through secret passage.

And you guys want to QQ about dying when you chose to go white name?

My god you're stupid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Why then QQ about having a hard life on a PvP server, if you chose this PvP server for your own fun? And you have all these safe zones and stuff on PvP server, too. Harassment should be punishable anyway. Yes, PWI, as a role-playing game, allows douchebags to be what they are, but to some reasonable limit.
    And as my lvl 100 is not far ahead, I want to be able to do Veno dailies and not happy about forced white-name, if it makes me a legitimate target for people with issues.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Why then QQ about having a hard life on a PvP server, if you chose this PvP server for your own fun? And you have all these safe zones and stuff on PvP server, too. Harassment should be punishable anyway. Yes, PWI, as a role-playing game, allows douchebags to be what they are, but to some reasonable limit.
    And as my lvl 100 is not far ahead, I want to be able to do Veno dailies and not happy about forced white-name, if it makes me a legitimate target for people with issues.

I'm not complaining. I enjoyed myself.
    I'm letting you know why you're the equivalent of a five year old getting that puppy he asked for on Christmas then throwing a temper tantrum over the expectation to feed it.

You're a bunch of spoiled self entitled nitwits.

PVE servers are a western invention.
    They don't even exist where this game came from.
    You were given the ability to turn off a portion of this game's content.
    Then complain over it not being exactly how you want it when you turn it on.

Sorry, your dog needs food, walks, and to be let out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Camping people like OP described is bannable offense though. I cant remember how ToS worded it, think it was considered harassing and thus offence.
    Now that is a detail you did not add into the OP.

If he's still chasing you around while you're trying to do other things, you could try threatening to report him and screenshot his response/further kill-attempts to send with a ticket (good luck, you WILLINGLY ENTERED PK MODE), but thats your only option outside of leaving PK mode.

>Still on a PvE server where you can turn PK Mode off while hiding in Safe Zone after a short while...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm not complaining. I enjoyed myself.
    I'm letting you know why you're the equivalent of a five year old getting that puppy he asked for on Christmas then throwing a temper tantrum over the expectation to feed it.

You're a bunch of spoiled self entitled nitwits.

PVE servers are a western invention.
    They don't even exist where this game came from.
    You were given the ability to turn off a portion of this game's content.
    Then complain over it not being exactly how you want it when you turn it on.

Sorry, your dog needs food, walks, and to be let out.

Someone needs to chill.

People have various reasons for going PK, whether it be going into a PvP server for constant thrills or even trying it once on PvE to see what it would be like. OP's situation sounds as though he probably hit 101, got some new gear, and thinking he'd be a little more than a walking one-shot, wanted to try out the open world PK to see what it was like. [ this is putting it as lightly as I can assume ] It does not excuse someone following him to every location and killing him to try and make his playing time impossible.

Well guys, i just decided to pk a bit today and im a lvl 101 sin... ofc im in stealth etc, waiting for someone to fight. Since 2 hours another lvl 104 r9s3 +12 sin is hunting me and not leaving me alone, i never insulted him, i never even talked to him before. We are in allied factions, he keeps killing me for no reason... Couldnt that be counted as harassment or anything? The players name is -snip- server and well, GMs should even bann him to bring him back to real life, because i think its not the sense of the game that someone who has his endgear is **** lower lvls just for fun... You really want like 50 people a day quit to keep one noobish cashplaying no-lifer? -.-

If he were questing around PK hot spots, I can see it. If he happened to be in the same, open-world spot as this guy, and he keeps being PK'd by him, okay. But if he's moving around the map, and this guy is stalking him and keeping tabs on him to show up everywhere he is in order to keep earning kills off of him and make his gaming impossible, its harassment and he needs to go PK elsewhere. Even if you can turn PK off, it takes 10 hours to do so. Being on a PvE server doesn't take away the harassment behind the actions.

Christ, even another PvP server inhabitant is telling you this.

Anyway, to the OP: where you are, if he's there, screenshot it. Screenshot everytime you get attacked by him and make sure to explain your situation really well in the ticket. Don't touch the dates of the screenshot, leave the UI on in case he's chatting at you as well, catch everything. If he really is going that far to have you tailed for 2 hours straight, something can be done about it I'm sure.

Edit: And I know this is late, but just keep it in mind for any future attempts at PvP you may try to do - if this didn't kill your taste for it. Being on PvE server shouldn't change the rules of PvP for anyone.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Someone needs to chill.

People have various reasons for going PK, whether it be going into a PvP server for constant thrills or even trying it once on PvE to see what it would be like. OP's situation sounds as though he probably hit 101, got some new gear, and thinking he'd be a little more than a walking one-shot, wanted to try out the open world PK to see what it was like. [ this is putting it as lightly as I can assume ] It does not excuse someone following him to every location and killing him to try and make his playing time impossible.

If he were questing around PK hot spots, I can see it. If he happened to be in the same, open-world spot as this guy, and he keeps being PK'd by him, okay. But if he's moving around the map, and this guy is stalking him and keeping tabs on him to show up everywhere he is in order to keep earning kills off of him and make his gaming impossible, its harassment and he needs to go PK elsewhere. Even if you can turn PK off, it takes 10 hours to do so. Being on a PvE server doesn't take away the harassment behind the actions.

Christ, even another PvP server inhabitant is telling you this.

Anyway, to the OP: where you are, if he's there, screenshot it. Screenshot everytime you get attacked by him and make sure to explain your situation really well in the ticket. Don't touch the dates of the screenshot, leave the UI on in case he's chatting at you as well, catch everything. If he really is going that far to have you tailed for 2 hours straight, something can be done about it I'm sure.

Edit: And I know this is late, but just keep it in mind for any future attempts at PvP you may try to do - if this didn't kill your taste for it. Being on PvE server shouldn't change the rules of PvP for anyone.

"shouldn't change the rules of pvp for anyone"

The rules WERE changed, as result of people of the OP's mindset.
    Also, "PvP servers" are just normal servers nothing changed or special about them. They work the way they were intended by this game's creators.

"PvE servers" are an actual thing.
    They are an altered version of the game with content removed for a western audience.

You can't convince me or any logic minded individual that the OP needs staff intervention.
    He has blacklist
    He has instances
    He has safe zone
    He has map areas too large to single out an individual through use of a false friend's friendslist.
    He has the ability to turn blue name in less than 1/7th the minimum recommended wait time for a ticket (2 hours over a full night sleep).

All of these resources to deal with a situation he willingly chose to put himself into.

I'm sorry, but staff has better much more important things to deal with than this sort of pathetic b-tching which will already have been resolved by the time they even arrive at the ticket.

People like this are why pertinent issues don't receive expedient support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I lol when I hear "this is how the original devs planned the game" arguments.
    if someone is farming OP that's harassment, plain and simple. it's like having someone following you and KS your mobs, it reduces the available content for you. dunno why you are so butthurt, maybe you want to justify your cowardliness to report your harassment and rationalise as "the ancient chinese devgods' plan"
    you only purge once #yopo