Bot infested areas for GMs to check out

Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
OK if you watch the many assassins (always seems to be assassins, apparently the bot program is made for them), they land in the same spot, attack a mob, cast BP, spark, then run to the next. However if they die, they go back to their start place, fly straight up, fly over to the exact spot they landed at, land then run to a mob, start attacking. But, if you are in the same area and an AoE character, and pull a bunch of mobs, these bots will run directly into the middle of the mobs you were going to attack, they are unbuffed, and they die. Rinse and repeat, over and over for hours on end.

If they have an item drop such as a purple item, they stop fighting, pick it up, equip their wings, and fly off to the location they would normally die at to sell the item (I'm guessing because it takes up inventory space and is not stackable)

Anyway the point of this is to alert the GMs if they even care, of locations to log in and check out for bots.

Avalanche Canyon as well as Camp of the Intrepid (near Harpy Wraith)

I'm sure there are other areas, these are just the ones I have noticed.

I will put it this way. PWI take care of the bot problem, or my cash shopping, and I spend quite a bit, will go elsewhere, as I am sure many already have.

Thank you
WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
Post edited by Wickedbrew - Raging Tide on

Comments

• rolldeep
    rolldeep Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well ijs thats the bot that have been around the last 4+years now

its been reported 100m+ time over the last what 4+ years by a ton of ppl.
    pwi cant or just wont do anything about it,
    is it like they dont really care..

i personally reported it (and a ton of bot users) and show pwi where ppl gets it and who programmed it and iv showed pwi the programming behind the bot to,
    but have they done anything to it or the bot users ..
    NO b:angry
    i stopped WASTING RL money in pwi a few years(3-4) becours of the ton of bot users pwi wont take care of (bann)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well if you were on a pvp server, you could just kill them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Hezekia - Heavens Tear
    Hezekia - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well if you were on a pvp server, you could just kill them.

Yeah, but not everyone is.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rolldeep wrote: »
    well ijs thats the bot that have been around the last 4+years now

its been reported 100m+ time over the last what 4+ years by a ton of ppl.
    pwi cant or just wont do anything about it,
    is it like they dont really care..

i personally reported it (and a ton of bot users) and show pwi where ppl gets it and who programmed it and iv showed pwi the programming behind the bot to,
    but have they done anything to it or the bot users ..
    NO b:angry
    i stopped WASTING RL money in pwi a few years(3-4) becours of the ton of bot users pwi wont take care of (bann)

Unfortunately I have noticed an increase in botting over the last few weeks. But you have to understand PWE can't do much legally if a botting program has been made in another country. I have reported bots with these behaviors many times, the only thing that can be done is a ban.

I have enough trouble with bots in hell when farming for herbs. I've had to skip 2 NW's just to farm anything. For the record, I believe the bot increase is just because of shear boredom. This is another reason I wish FC was level restricted. If an account that they use for botting gets banned, all they have to do is power level it back up to a high level within a matter of days and they are right back where they started. Just keep reporting them, it's the most we players can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've seen the same bots and people using them in Hell every time I farm and I'm certain they'll have better time now because of the 2x. I know of one person who does in fact use the program because you'll see him kill and farm herbs all w.o buffing minus the BP. I've stood there for a good while watching him and I know he's not farming as an active person because farming a single patch til they reset again isn't the best way to do it and then later on you'll see him being active in dailies then right back to his bot spot.

And yes normally it is a sin, they tend to throw you off because of their gears but no one is THAT dedicated in farming every day for month on end without a break. Sometimes I'm curious to try this out because everyone else who has been botting have yet to get justice so why not right? As much as it sounds delightful, its just lazy to have something do it for you. No matter what we do in this game there will always be cheaters who have to find a loophole in something just to get ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    some may not b bots i for 1 stay in a spot for as long as my inventory can stand it b4 i need to npc stuff or till weapon gets to about 40-50 durability and i just dont like to talk to ne1 while i farm when 2x is on it ruins the farming groove xD.
  • Heleni - Sanctuary
    Heleni - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some people are just morons few days ago i was farming herb's and watching movie doin stuff at apartmant like super afk comin on game just to take few herbs and there was this random person who was thinking that i am bot lmao he was runing aroudn me droping coins and shiet hoping that i will dig it and pming me are u bot are u bot? lmao some people are born cops i just loled.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I farm Hell too. I also AFK while doing stuff around the house. Im farming R9 so Im doing whatever I can to make coin to put toward it. Having already put the "Farm R9 in a few weeks" theory to bed - it aint happening, being in Hell whenever I can is something on my schedule of tasks most days unless my inventory is backed up.

I always see 2 sins working together to kill mobs in a little valley in there, and one day while AFK I returned to my PC to find one of them saving my life.

If you have by chance been reporting me, feel free to stop - but Im not a bot, or using anything other than the traditional click method of farming, and neither are those two sins.

A perpetually broken bot sounds seriously funny to me. They obviously didnt make out with that toon for the past 4+ years. xD

Hopefully folks focus more on getting their farming done than they are policing other players.

b:thanks
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I farm Hell too. I also AFK while doing stuff around the house. Im farming R9 so Im doing whatever I can to make coin to put toward it. Having already put the "Farm R9 in a few weeks" theory to bed - it aint happening, being in Hell whenever I can is something on my schedule of tasks most days unless my inventory is backed up.

Not saying you should make a sin Brillance, but I did farm 4 pieces of R9 gear in 3 weeks last year.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    on the server i know of a bot out in sirri wine camp, how do i know it a bot, cause my friends runs it, regular drop rate his sin will make him roughly 10-12mill a day just from dq points, during 2x I've watched on his computer screen cash in over 26mill in a 24 hour time period during 2x...sickens me, but it's also how he paid for his rank gear...I dont use bots, and i play by rules and i get crappy gear, he breaks the rules and get r9 3rd recast and he been doing it now for nearly 2 years..sickens me that gm's don't do anything except tell us to submit a ticket.
    edited August 2013
    Not saying you should make a sin Brillance, but I did farm 4 pieces of R9 gear in 3 weeks last year.

I did make one, and its an amazing character, even for just grinding mobs. It felt so much stronger, even though its kinda squishy, than my mystic was at different levels.

I really enjoyed watching it massacre Kun Kun in a few hits, while my mystic found him to be almost impenetrable and totally un-soloable when it came time to kill him.

I was shocked that battle ended so fast. f:stare b:chuckle

As amazingly dumb as it may sound though, Im only here for the Mystic. Cant really seem to get into playing other classes. b:thanks
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if it counts as "botting" but people used to afk farm OHT Map 3 with their venos by sitting in the middle of the mobs that everyone likes to aoe farm. Their pets were on defend mode, and as soon as mobs attacked them - the nix killed them. They'd have a weight on the "pickup" action so they could (admittedly slowly) farm items while afk all day. This went on for weeks with a couple different venos I noticed. Now I, being the sly fox I am, would kill a few mobs on the other side till I had a stack of arrows. I proceeded to make a trail of arrows that the veno would follow by picking them up automatically.. and they would end up well away from the spawn areab:chuckle

If you suspect a bot, perhaps try a similar maneuver :p
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    If you suspect a bot, perhaps try a similar maneuver :p

If you suspect a bot, you do exactly what this in the support FAQ tells you to do. End of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LolyLove - Raging Tide
    LolyLove - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Everyone can report, SS and even record the bot farming around (specially on hell and heaven) Its easy to reconize them. Dont even need to know about them, its ridiculous easy to indetifiy them.

Well as GM you can ban him and then they create another alt to bot so that part wont change. The only solution i can think is ban directly the ip that use the bot but i dont know if GMs can actually identify the ip and block it permanently.

Just watch 1k stream and you can identify all the catshops with full of herbs and pots. They farm everyday and all day to have that amount of pots? i dont think so b:beatup
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    That would be lovely Loly, but the only problem is Ip addresses can be changed. I've done it with my PC before, well several years back anyway. Even if it was changed though you could still be tracked but.....it gets very complicated........ By the way, you got a cookie on you? o.o
    Just watch 1k stream and you can identify all the catshops with full of herbs and pots. They farm everyday and all day to have that amount of pots? i dont think so b:beatup

And this is why I will never buy anything from a One Thousand Streams catshop.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    PWI can do "ip blocks" it's called perma bann, but trust me like i said before nothing is permanent, I know a "person" (lol lol not saying) that has had 4 accounnts permabanned, and he keeps coming back, nothing they can do can ban you from making a new account, matter of fact I know for a fact that in less the 4 hours of being "perma banned" this person had a new account with a lvl60 sin, the following moring he got it to lvl80, where he sat all day and farmed outside sirri wine camp.....botting won't get you perma banned just a makes you have to create a new account, oh and not all shops are boys in 1k, I farm hell and on a 4 farming run i can get 2 full stacks of each herd, not that hard
    edited September 2013
    That would be lovely Loly, but the only problem is Ip addresses can be changed. I've done it with my PC before, well several years back anyway. Even if it was changed though you could still be tracked but.....it gets very complicated........ By the way, you got a cookie on you? o.o

And this is why I will never buy anything from a One Thousand Streams catshop.b:pleased

Well, a lot of the 1K Catshops also buy herbs, so if they have enough 'suppliers' farming for them (i.e. Legitimate farmers that would rather sell now for a much less price), they can have thousands of herbs & mats, and likewise pots. I honestly think there might be much more supply than there is demand currently.

I take my chances on the AH. Some weeks are good, some weeks nothing - which is why no one can say they have seen me in Hell for a few days - I have 1K or almost !K of everything, until I move some stock, one way or the other, I dont need to be there. You might see me everyday over a weekend, if its being a good one, and I need inventory.

2X is not that impressive when farming mats & herbs anyways, lol. Every once in great while you get 3 tulips instead of 2. b:chuckle
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    PWI can do "ip blocks" it's called perma bann, but trust me like i said before nothing is permanent, I know a "person" (lol lol not saying) that has had 4 accounnts permabanned, and he keeps coming back, nothing they can do can ban you from making a new account, matter of fact I know for a fact that in less the 4 hours of being "perma banned" this person had a new account with a lvl60 sin, the following moring he got it to lvl80, where he sat all day and farmed outside sirri wine camp.....botting won't get you perma banned just a makes you have to create a new account, oh and not all shops are boys in 1k, I farm hell and on a 4 farming run i can get 2 full stacks of each herd, not that hard

Even if a person makes many accounts (you know there is a limit to how many accounts you can have right?), have them all banned permanently, and even if you have changed the Ip, it can still be tracked down to the single computer that you are using for every account. But again, it's a hard process to keep track of. This 'person', I'm guessing, must be using more then just one computer. I believe I already stated the following though.
    This is another reason I wish FC was level restricted. If an account that they use for botting gets banned, all they have to do is power level it back up to a high level within a matter of days and they are right back where they started.

I know not all the shops are bot farmed, but I have no way of knowing which ones are and are not. Therefore I won't shop there.

And another thing, if you know this 'person' bots you should really be reporting him.
    b:bye

Edit:.........Come to think of it......I don't even classify this 'thing' as a person.....and I think I'm gonna stop here right now, kinda sick to my stomach of the subject......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LolyLove - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Well, a lot of the 1K Catshops also buy herbs, so if they have enough 'suppliers' farming for them (i.e. Legitimate farmers that would rather sell now for a much less price), they can have thousands of herbs & mats, and likewise pots. I honestly think there might be much more supply than there is demand currently.

I take my chances on the AH. Some weeks are good, some weeks nothing - which is why no one can say they have seen me in Hell for a few days - I have 1K or almost !K of everything, until I move some stock, one way or the other, I dont need to be there. You might see me everyday over a weekend, if its being a good one, and I need inventory.

2X is not that impressive when farming mats & herbs anyways, lol. Every once in great while you get 3 tulips instead of 2. b:chuckle

Well i know you farm in hell everyday (see you there a couple of times) but already took some minutes to watch who are the ppl that actually farm and who are the ppl actually bot. the top catshops (In raging tide) got a main on top faction (I wont name here because its not allowed). Those ppl never been in hell farming a single herb and suddenly they got a lot of pots. Im not talking about 100 or 200.. im talking about 2k, 2,5k or even more. In normal time you can get almost 1 or 2k herbs herbs if you farm all morning or afternoon (thats like 100 or 200 pots) but you will never have 3k "pots" in 2 or 3 days (even if you got 2 or more alts doing the same time).

The only form to get that amount of pots is doing all the time, all day and sometimes with lot of alts.

I know everyone can change ips easily so the only solution is only track the ppl in hell and heaven, controling how much time they are inside and that kind of things.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Well i know you farm in hell everyday (see you there a couple of times) but already took some minutes to watch who are the ppl that actually farm and who are the ppl actually bot. the top catshops (In raging tide) got a main on top faction (I wont name here because its not allowed). Those ppl never been in hell farming a single herb and suddenly they got a lot of pots. Im not talking about 100 or 200.. im talking about 2k, 2,5k or even more. In normal time you can get almost 1 or 2k herbs herbs if you farm all morning or afternoon (thats like 100 or 200 pots) but you will never have 3k "pots" in 2 or 3 days (even if you got 2 or more alts doing the same time).

The only form to get that amount of pots is doing all the time, all day and sometimes with lot of alts.

I know everyone can change ips easily so the only solution is only track the ppl in hell and heaven, controling how much time they are inside and that kind of things.

monitoring how long some one is in heaven/hell isn't the solution, that will just get everyone accused of botting, i have gone on 12, or even 15 hours farming sprees, and i usualy turn on squad chat and ignore all pms, unless it a friend or faction person, so under the the idea of monitoring time farming, i would be considered a bot, not fair.
  • LolyLove - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    monitoring how long some one is in heaven/hell isn't the solution, that will just get everyone accused of botting, i have gone on 12, or even 15 hours farming sprees, and i usualy turn on squad chat and ignore all pms, unless it a friend or faction person, so under the the idea of monitoring time farming, i would be considered a bot, not fair.

Easy: control the acitivity from the ppl around. I had been even 24 hours afk in hell too (when im planning to go afk, i like to go there) but theres not too much ppl inside everyday, so will be easy to control and track wat are they doing, for how much time. If you are gm, im pretty sure they can even have information of how much times you killed mobs or how much drops you get in like 10 hours. Its not hard, just time consuming.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Easy: control the acitivity from the ppl around. I had been even 24 hours afk in hell too (when im planning to go afk, i like to go there) but theres not too much ppl inside everyday, so will be easy to control and track wat are they doing, for how much time. If you are gm, im pretty sure they can even have information of how much times you killed mobs or how much drops you get in like 10 hours. Its not hard, just time consuming.

yes it is consuming it this is an awsome idea, one drawback though....this a F2P so I doubt they going to pay ppl to keep track of how many herbs i got, or how many mobs i kill, or even how long i afk in a spot, games that do that generaly charge a fee of like 5,10, or 15$ a month...pwi isn't worth 1 penny, -removed-, i wouldn't pay for this game
  • LolyLove - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    yes it is consuming it this is an awsome idea, one drawback though....this a F2P so I doubt they going to pay ppl to keep track of how many herbs i got, or how many mobs i kill, or even how long i afk in a spot, games that do that generaly charge a fee of like 5,10, or 15$ a month...pwi isn't worth 1 penny, -removed-l, i wouldn't pay for this game

We got mods in our forum and they dont receive any compensation to do it. So you can use the same system: looking for ppl that are willing to track activity inside those instances. You dont even need to know how much mobs they kill or how much herbs they farmed, easily you can reconize the chars that actually are boting. Those ppl can report to GMs, they take care about it and thats all. well ofc is just a suggestion and i dont think this or any other "system control" will be implemented (sadly)
  • xardiounium
    xardiounium Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well... I think GM do not care, because this not GM job?. I was never seen GM ban someone, that it will be seen on WC of any reason. GM only log in to the game, when are problems like "new update" bugs etc. We don't have 7/24 GM in game, so we can do all what we want in game.

b:bye

PS: In another version on PW, GM was 24/7 (2 or 3 of them), even you write single bad word on WC, you get muted for 24H, but not in PWI...
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Instead of targeting the problem, they'll probably do something like nerf -all- the dq to be worth 1 coin each, or remove X amount of herb spawns to cut down on the amount of places that can be farmed. Based on their previous history dealing with these kinds of issues, that's the kind of response I would expect.

PW is pretty sporadic and imbalanced with the application of their own ToS, not exactly a confidence booster.

I suppose an easy but perhaps frustrating fix for the heaven/hell issue could be adding a timer to the 'shared instance' that kicks you back to 1k after 2 hours. Not a problem solver at all, but at least the botters would have to fly their bots back to position every 2 or so hours.
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lol @all ppl which want to defend the botters in this thread (and ppl which want to imply that most farmers/grinders "just don't respond".

All grinder bots are sins, because they have an anti-anti-bot skill (treasure keeper).

It's very easy to identify botters. No one else does fly in 90 degree angles to go back the original spot after death.

I already killed bots several hundred times, only 1x it wasn't a bot, just someone who was afk for a min. ALL others respond when I warn them that they are dead meat if they don't. And I suppose even the most stupid person on planet earth would respond after getting killed 10x, even while watching his/her favorite TV program, or he/she is busy with one hand.

Some ppl are even too stupid to make proper settings for their bots (I e.g. killed some bots, always same ppl/very same location, which farm herbs on riding mounts. They move to a herb and I kill them before they can dig. After death they don't teleport and stay dead for hours. No real human would act like this.)

What we need are:

* ONLINE GMs! On every server one GM has to log for just 30mins, at random times, but EVERY DAY!!
    * They have to delete the accounts of the bots.
    * They have to track which accounts got the items/money/gear and delete those accounts.

They only responded 1x to my tickets with a non-automated response, just a few months ago. This happened when "hey you"/4lliance was new. Why the hell did they kicked a GM/CM which is doing his job? Because he he forced some of the staff to work for pwi?
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think, the best option is a "bot addon" to game. Just like in Forsaken World or War Of Immortals and Battle of Immortals(Perfect World company), where bots are legal. No more rage, hate ect. This bot should be limited max 2H per Day and up lvl90+. That's all from me.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    qupidyn wrote: »
    I think, the best option is a "bot addon" to game. Just like in Forsaken World or War Of Immortals and Battle of Immortals(Perfect World company), where bots are legal. No more rage, hate ect. This bot should be limited max 2H per Day and up lvl90+. That's all from me.

They are already working on it, auto potion is just the begining they will keep adding little by little till they have a fully working bot.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They are already working on it, auto potion is just the begining they will keep adding little by little till they have a fully working bot.

charms and zhen skills is the beginning xd

tbh, I'd welcome an API... far more challenging and skill based!
    you only purge once #yopo
  • LolyLove - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Instead of targeting the problem, they'll probably do something like nerf -all- the dq to be worth 1 coin each, or remove X amount of herb spawns to cut down on the amount of places that can be farmed. Based on their previous history dealing with these kinds of issues, that's the kind of response I would expect.

PW is pretty sporadic and imbalanced with the application of their own ToS, not exactly a confidence booster.

I suppose an easy but perhaps frustrating fix for the heaven/hell issue could be adding a timer to the 'shared instance' that kicks you back to 1k after 2 hours. Not a problem solver at all, but at least the botters would have to fly their bots back to position every 2 or so hours.

Im still thinking about the DQs nerfing was 1 of the worst decision that pw did.