Arc FAQs -Updated 1.22.14

Options

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    They're not being ignored. I just haven't received any new information yet that I can share. I'm still waiting for new updates that I can officially post. For now I'm gathering the feedback from this thread and forwarding it along.

We're not looking for new updates. We're looking for any evidence that the higher-ups you are forwarding to care at all about our concerns. We're wanting proof that this company cares at all about the community by hearing that some action is being taken.

As far as feedback, what is there to gather? Every single post is negative. People have been saying for months that they don't want Arc. People are saying they will quit if Arc is mandatory. What else can you possibly need?

And I'll not quote the wall of text but +1 to Miugre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have few games on steam and i dont even play them coz i hate installing steam and having it on pc if this arc become mandatory then good bye pwi its last drop
  • XNekhebet - Heavens Tear
    XNekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You guys want an answer from them? A few days ago an admin of another PWE game was nice enough to be honest to us and say : that they are not happy whit the way Arc was enforced on players but it is out of their hands. Now u all can figure out why it's out of their hands? Am sure you can:)

So don't get your hopes up!! They will enforce it and make it mandatory. And no matter how many of you will threaten to leave the game it will make no difference. Who wants to play game will stay who doesn't will leave. As long this won't hurt their income(and they will have real proof to back it up) ARC will become a permanent feature of PWE.

And btw admins Cm's Gm's etc do and say only whet their are allowed to(so don;t expect miracles from this Cm he won;t say a world till he is told to do so). Same Admin i mentioned before admited they where understaffed and that they totally depend on china.

So give them a break.When more information will be available they will release it. But i am willing to bet the answer is same as today. Say hello to ARC!!b:bye
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Say hello to ARC!!b:bye

oh is that so?
    well lets see what Tony Montana have to say about that

http://i40.tinypic.com/w8apfr.jpg
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You guys want an answer from them? A few days ago an admin of another PWE game was nice enough to be honest to us and say : that they are not happy whit the way Arc was enforced on players but it is out of their hands. Now u all can figure out why it's out of their hands? Am sure you can:)

So don't get your hopes up!! They will enforce it and make it mandatory. And no matter how many of you will threaten to leave the game it will make no difference. Who wants to play game will stay who doesn't will leave. As long this won't hurt their income(and they will have real proof to back it up) ARC will become a permanent feature of PWE.

And btw admins Cm's Gm's etc do and say only whet their are allowed to(so don;t expect miracles from this Cm he won;t say a world till he is told to do so). Same Admin i mentioned before admited they where understaffed and that they totally depend on china.

So give them a break.When more information will be available they will release it. But i am willing to bet the answer is same as today. Say hello to ARC!!b:bye

Its never out of anyones hands unless they choose to let it remain that way, personally even at the risk of losing my current income, I would remind them that both their and my future income relies on the good will of the customers and that is rapidly shrinking.

I would also explain things like ~70% of the people I know (as friends and PC repair customers) refuse to have anything to do with DRM (Digital Restrictions Management software as we see it.) and will either **** and crack or just not play at all.

Since online gaming companies cannot measure stats like this, there may be a significant amount of revenue being missed just by enforcing ARC, Steam type programs alone.

Anyways back on topic just a small thing but this is how this has affected me personally,
    I had been waiting for a R9 sale with bated breath ready to go for it but I have now made a choice not to invest another cent into this game untill I know if ARC is compulsory or not.

With the current sale its painful to make this choice knowing that if ARC is not going to be compulsory I may have to wait along time till next sale but thats how strongly I personally feel about this.

Bloatware just plain sucks.

Say Hello ARC, say Goodbye Mark (Selak)
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So, I read most of these thread responses. So much hate, so much crying. Not to be rude to you guys but, doesn't this seem a little extreme? You all keep talking about PWE/PWI killing the game and ignoring the players. Honestly it really just feels like you guys want this game to be dead. You're killing it with all this negativity, over something small! I know we just lost probably one of the best CMs ever, someone equally as cool as spoons even. But honestly, PWI has done a LOT to improve PWI from what it use to be. We need to trust that they are working hard to make this game better for us. The thing is, and it's totally natural, you people hate change. We're human, so no big deal. And we've gotten a big double dose of it with losing Val and having Arc forced upon us. But change isn't always bad. I keep reading the rants of all the people saying that PWI should have made Arc an 'optional' program. I do absolutely agree that downloading the game via torrent is MUCH faster. I love torrents. But honestly, I had to re-download the game after I did a system wipe on my laptop, using Arc, and it really wasn't that slow. And even if it is slow for some of you, spending 3 hours or more living life, while you wait to live it virtually, isn't going to kill you. On to my main point though. Someone may have pointed it out already, as I didn't read ever single post, but Arc sort of is 'optional' to use. I downloaded the game with Arc, but I haven't used it since. You just need to play the game from the "elementclient" file, which can be found in the "element" folder. You can even create a shortcut of that file for your desktop. It's as simple as that. This is the same file used to multiclient, but it can open your game up and run it normally as well. Independently from Arc. Can you all please give PWI a break from the QQ, so that they may actually WANT to help us? The way we find and magnify their every flaw or mistake and act like little children throwing fits doesn't make them WANT to help us. Okay, off my soapbox, I hope that solution helps you all and we can just keep playing our game peacefully, and try to have some faith in PWI.
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zionwarrior

Hey I know I don't post often but I do generally lay watching things in my time. I have seen many changes some good some bad. What I don't see though is some questions that have been asked but not responded to of which do likely concern a majority of the playerbase.

1.) Will you be unable to use the old launcher to update pwi with oncee Arc becomes manditory. This to most people is very important and concerning. If you will incorperate ways to do this and allow both the old launcher to keep updating and Arc to update, then that may make a lot of people happy.

Yes, you can still use the old launcher, and you can even do a fresh and clean install without ARC. (I have detailed this in my other thread and it's linked a few times in this one and in other places.) I still have several PC's that are not running ARC.

^Does not refer to what I ment. When arc becomes manditory as in a form of launcher to force the playerbase to use it as the primary form of game launcher rather then allowing the old method.Arc is currently the manditory download method but more so will it become the manditory launch method as well?

2.) I suggest posting a direct download using the old patcher exe. program used before the pantent lawsuit or a download program you used for Arc or a similar one and make it avaliable to download and install ONLY(not saveable) then uninstall the install files but leave the uninstall and other program files. IF that is possible this way people can NOT pass around the program itself to redistribute and make privete servers with.This should fix your problems with privete servers.

The patcher.exe is still included in the ARC download. You can install ARC, download/install the game, remove ARC, and still run your client in the classic way. (Again, I have detailed this in my other thread.)
    ^ Didnt answer the question at hand but thank you again.I have read your other thread but I was suggesting more of an appeasement to those that seem to dislike arc so much,rather then not give us an option. Also the program I suggested they use for direct download uses the install files then removes the install files to prevent copywrite issues if thats legal to do just keep the uninstall files for those who want to remove the game after. That being a way to try an remove future privete servers an the issues that pwi has against that.

3.)From what most people seem to find they can not access the ini files for facial and such modification. We have been told that the ini files were allowed for modification but when Arc was downloaded to some peoples computers they "cant" access that anymore they said.
    ARC puts the client folder in a different location. You need to go to the new location. It also has the tendency to set some of the client files as "read-only", but that's a simple thing to fix. I have not had any issues working with the .ini files since I tested ARC.

^This is true however not everybody knows how to transfer read only files. I don't speak for myself but I know quite a few people who are not very computer savvy so that sort of thing gets to be a pain in the *** also please do tell where it downloads since I don't use Arc I use an old download of the old files.

Another problem I have heard but do not have actual confirmation on is multiclienting is not possible with the new Arc platform. That means people who do not have multiple computers can not run their catshops or duel client anymore which is a bad thing for a lot of people.(Please somebody correct me if I am wrong on this one.)

Completely untrue. I really have no idea how people find it so difficult. You simply run from elementclient.exe like you always have. The only difference is that the first run without an open client will run patcher.exe for you automatically. It's actually a nice feature because now I don't need an extra icon for patcher on my desktop. People who are having troubles just aren't doing it right.
    ^ Is true which is why I was asking and said I didnt have confirmation from watching somebody have this problem. It seems more a problem of not knowing where the files are kept then that prevents people from duel clienting rather then a problem of duel clienting being prevented.

5.) Lack of proper function with the program and how it does not always work. Is there a way in which we can still use something like pando media booster which may not be the same as arc to download and install pwi. Or is that along the lines of the lawsuit baed complaint that the other company made? If so why not purchase the rights to or make a simple download program with the dev's from china they could do something relitively fast and simple I think though I do not know of course how that works.
    Yet if it was used with the direct download like Arc is there should be no problems right?
    You can not use Pando any longer. It was **** anyway. I think this is what PWE is being sued for atm. There should still be the torrent method available, and I am fighting to find out why it was forcibly removed.
    ^ Did not answer the question that was asked. Why not use a program (like) for file download etc. Rather then pando itself. Also as said why not just create a program to do the exact same function it isnt tht hard to do you just create it an patient so the other company cant **** about it.

6.) The last concern how safe is Arc do you know how well its encryption is. Anything that saves and stores passwords is not a good thing to an extent because it means if something happens to the company end which the passwords an such are on a (possibly less secure method) may lose hundreds of potential client information or if you get a virus and it effects the Arc platform you just lost your information to all the games you play.
    I posted information about this in my ARC analysis that I mentioned above. I haven't cracked the encryption yet, but I haven't had the time to really try it yet either. It appears to be a proprietary octet coding that is similar to what the angelica engine uses. For now, if you have decent AV software, it's not a problem. (Always remember to exclude your client directory and .exe files from all scans.)
    ^ Is a given but how many people generally have good AV software that also dont go to bad sites like idiots. A good written virus is all it takes an once its past the defenses of a AV ur screwed. It will take all your saved passwords in seconds if this isnt encrypted enough then that could seriously be a **** jus saying.
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Currently running Pwi without ARC and have been the whole time please stop assuming we are stupid.
    This is about forcing mandatory Bloatware on people who care about their PCs in the FUTURE. Jeez!
    And this thread is to provide feedback good or bad.

Maybe an Analogy may help you understand easier,
    I order a car without GPS as I do not need cause I know my way around fine, and am quite capable of reading a map when needed, all the cars I can buy contain GPS so I have no choice, when I ask if its possible to disconnect it as I do not need another useless distraction while driving and am told that in the future the car will not start without it. WTH? Stuffit I am going to find another car maker.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So, I read most of these thread responses. So much hate, so much crying. Not to be rude to you guys but, doesn't this seem a little extreme? You all keep talking about PWE/PWI killing the game and ignoring the players. Honestly it really just feels like you guys want this game to be dead. You're killing it with all this negativity, over something small! I know we just lost probably one of the best CMs ever, someone equally as cool as spoons even. But honestly, PWI has done a LOT to improve PWI from what it use to be. We need to trust that they are working hard to make this game better for us. The thing is, and it's totally natural, you people hate change. We're human, so no big deal. And we've gotten a big double dose of it with losing Val and having Arc forced upon us. But change isn't always bad. I keep reading the rants of all the people saying that PWI should have made Arc an 'optional' program. I do absolutely agree that downloading the game via torrent is MUCH faster. I love torrents. But honestly, I had to re-download the game after I did a system wipe on my laptop, using Arc, and it really wasn't that slow. And even if it is slow for some of you, spending 3 hours or more living life, while you wait to live it virtually, isn't going to kill you. On to my main point though. Someone may have pointed it out already, as I didn't read ever single post, but Arc sort of is 'optional' to use. I downloaded the game with Arc, but I haven't used it since. You just need to play the game from the "elementclient" file, which can be found in the "element" folder. You can even create a shortcut of that file for your desktop. It's as simple as that. This is the same file used to multiclient, but it can open your game up and run it normally as well. Independently from Arc. Can you all please give PWI a break from the QQ, so that they may actually WANT to help us? The way we find and magnify their every flaw or mistake and act like little children throwing fits doesn't make them WANT to help us. Okay, off my soapbox, I hope that solution helps you all and we can just keep playing our game peacefully, and try to have some faith in PWI.

Mattiks, I quit the game for several reasons, Arc being the main reason. When my hard drive crashed, I had to install the game again and Arc was the only way it was allowing me to do so. It lagged me so badly with other games (and PWI) and all I ask is to be able to play the game without Arc. Arc is being forced upon us and we have no choice of the matter. I didn't want to believe that Arc was the culprit behind my lag, but low and behold, the moment it was installed, everything ran more freely.

The players want a choice, we are the customers. **** us over too much and we cripple the company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Mattiks, I quit the game for several reasons, Arc being the main reason. When my hard drive crashed, I had to install the game again and Arc was the only way it was allowing me to do so. It lagged me so badly with other games (and PWI) and all I ask is to be able to play the game without Arc. Arc is being forced upon us and we have no choice of the matter. I didn't want to believe that Arc was the culprit behind my lag, but low and behold, the moment it was installed, everything ran more freely.

The players want a choice, we are the customers. **** us over too much and we cripple the company.

You can actually install PWI without it (gotta search for SylenThunder's thread) but the question is if they'll make it mandatory for the patches/updates.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You can actually install PWI without it (gotta search for SylenThunder's thread) but the question is if they'll make it mandatory for the patches/updates.
    Just go back a couple pages and I've got a link to it somewhere. LOL

Personally, I don't think that they will make it so that ARC is forced for patches and updates. Primarily because the ARC platform is something on the PWE side, whereas the client itself is almost entirely on the Wanmei side. The patcher is part of the client from Wanmei, and they're the ones that push the files to the PWE servers.

All-in-all, ARC is just a major annoyance. You don't HAVE to use it, there are workarounds. (Which, as mentioned, I have posted.) The biggest problem is that our alternative download options were completely removed and we instead got a BETA product forced on us. I have been super busy at work this week and haven't had time to make the appropriate phone calls, but I will see if I can get someone of the phone who can give me better answers than your "support" staff has currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

Personally, I don't think that they will make it so that ARC is forced for patches and updates. Primarily because the ARC platform is something on the PWE side, whereas the client itself is almost entirely on the Wanmei side. The patcher is part of the client from Wanmei, and they're the ones that push the files to the PWE servers.

All-in-all, ARC is just a major annoyance. You don't HAVE to use it, there are workarounds. (Which, as mentioned, I have posted.) The biggest problem is that our alternative download options were completely removed and we instead got a BETA product forced on us. I have been super busy at work this week and haven't had time to make the appropriate phone calls, but I will see if I can get someone of the phone who can give me better answers than your "support" staff has currently.

Mhm, I see. Thanks for the clarification, that's quite a relief to be honest.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    FAQ Arc
    b:chuckle
  • Babiecat - Heavens Tear
    Babiecat - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We've created an FAQ answering many questions that all of you have about the new platform. Feel free to reference the FAQ here. If you have any questions that aren't answered in the FAQ, please ask them here and I'll try and get an answer for you.

hi can you tell us why we ahve loggin problems? that our loggin says network error...
    many mnay ppl had that problem all day on all servers:( do pwi gonna fix it?
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I tell ya what this is all one big conspiracy...

1st they create some mysterious error and people cant log on or what not .. and later will be like please use arc u wont have problems at all.

o
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I tell ya what this is all one big conspiracy...

1st they create some mysterious error and people cant log on or what not .. and later will be like please use arc u wont have problems at all.

o

That will not work for me, currently not running any form of ARC and all my software copies are pre-ARC, so far no network issues at all, wonder if the 2 issues are related.
    Would be interested to know if those who are having problems had installed then removed ARC.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    no, it was a login server crash, it has nothing to do with ARC or our clients
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I didn't read all replies so I'm sorry if it got already asked/answered, but does the PVP rankings will be on ARC system?

I know some people don't care about it, but PVP servers do care about the PVP ranking and atm only PVP servers don't have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    no, it was a login server crash, it has nothing to do with ARC or our clients

ok was just wondering as it was not only this game but also other games in their stable that were affected as well, also during the times of outage I had no problems at all and I tested just to be sure. I must be very lucky to log in though a completely different and always working login server.
  • NickHalden - Heavens Tear
    NickHalden - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Some of you guys should really start cutting Synchroze some slack. How do you know he's not just waiting for more info from his superiors before he can reply to Sylen? I'm sure he doesn't want to make up some BS response, but instead wait for the correct information before he replies. He can't just snap his fingers and make arc go away. He's stated he's been passing this information along and all we can do is be patient. Asking multiple times wont make it go any faster.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Some of you guys should really start cutting Synchroze some slack. How do you know he's not just waiting for more info from his superiors before he can reply to Sylen? I'm sure he doesn't want to make up some BS response, but instead wait for the correct information before he replies. He can't just snap his fingers and make arc go away. He's stated he's been passing this information along and all we can do is be patient. Asking multiple times wont make it go any faster.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, actually. You're assuming that one or two polite inquiries will cause anything to get looked at, given enough time. Unfortunately this company has a rich history of ignoring issues that we aren't consistently complaining about. For a particularly recent example: take the whole saga with Frost hypering a few months back. V4liance told us that one merited further investigation and discussion - which is fair - but that discussion was never done, despite the fact that more than one public poll was conducted with over a thousand votes counted. Why? Because after the original hypering functionality was restored, we stopped talking about it.

In the customer service biz, sometimes you have to put out the biggest fires first. In a functioning company you don't have much of that, because issues that aren't complained about much still get addressed in a reasonable timeframe. But as I think we've already established, PWE customer service isn't exactly stellar, particularly on the forums. I'm quite confident that nothing will be done or changed about Arc (or anything else important) if we don't hold their feet to the fire, and not stop until we have a satisfactory resolution.

It's certainly not Synchroze's fault, except in that he's doing his job to the letter rather than going above and beyond like V4liance did (and indeed, what the CM needs to do). 95% of the blame here lies on his superiors. Unfortunately, until we have a direct line of communication towards said superiors, then we're forced to direct all the hate to/through the CM. It's always been that way. The good CMs we've had in this game actually took our hate and gave enough of a **** about us to make a difference with it. Otherwise the position is just glorified damage control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I've been pushier than most, and I've made it very clear that I'm not blaming Synchroze for the lack of information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It is more crappy when you force stupid programs to run a program as it is. But at least if you must, try having a tech support guy monitor the forums for those that have issues with the stupid program..
    re
  • Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver
    Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    What all the people at PWI forget is that it is MY COMPUTER I decide what goes on it not some tosser that wants me to play there other games.

Remember keep a copy on a usb key with out arc like I have so I don't have to put up with more **** on my Computer.

The day I am FORCED to use arc is the last time I play a game owned by perfectworld Co.

b:angryb:angry

Remember it is MY computer not yours.
  • Skyforger - Dreamweaver
    Skyforger - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I've tried this Arc. Very large differences really noticed. Archosaur was laggy it remained no less, no more. My background had no effect on the program, everything worked as always (ping around 189-320)
    Connected by: Arc, PWI, Chrome (several pages), RC and Crystal Wolf Audio player.
  • leilton
    leilton Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    text test
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We've created an FAQ answering many questions that all of you have about the new platform. Feel free to reference the FAQ here. If you have any questions that aren't answered in the FAQ, please ask them here and I'll try and get an answer for you.

Not to sound snobbish, impatient, etc... But...

How much longer will people be forced to download Arc in order to play games by Perfect World Entertainment? It's 6 days away from a month since this thread was created, and it's been about 2 1/2 months since Arc was forced on the player-base (80-90 days - almost 30% of a full year, or 1/6 of a year).

Sure, we can bypass Arc by getting an unofficial torrent, or utilizing the secret direct download method that Arc uses behind the scenes. But, really - how much longer? This is taking a long time for a reasonable solution.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not to sound snobbish, impatient, etc... But...

How much longer will people be forced to download Arc in order to play games by Perfect World Entertainment? It's 6 days away from a month since this thread was created, and it's been about 2 1/2 months since Arc was forced on the player-base (80-90 days - almost 30% of a full year, or 1/6 of a year).

Sure, we can bypass Arc by getting an unofficial torrent, or utilizing the secret direct download method that Arc uses behind the scenes. But, really - how much longer? This is taking a long time for a reasonable solution.

You aren't forced. I posted a workaround that uses the official download. Read the whole thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You aren't forced. I posted a workaround that uses the official download. Read the whole thread.

Yeah, I know; that's why I said unofficial & secret download link. That direct download that you have posted many times isn't on the main PWI download web-page (here), and PWE is still bundling Arc with the official method of downloading and installing the game.

@Thread & OP (synch): I'm just surprised that it's taking so long to find a solution that PWE and the players will find to be appealing. I'm sure PWE has lost players because of this fiasco, which is quite disheartening - meaning less people to play with on the servers, really.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    mr CM?
    were would u like our ARC feedback?
    i would like to know this rather quickly as i am very interested in giving initial feedback on ARC
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]