New item to restrict the player info button

Options
2»

Comments

• ErlangQR - Dreamweaver
    ErlangQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    3. my char is already 100 and i have a tried and true method that i KNOW no one really trys for. and even without it being finnished its killing rrr9 +5s... and my weapon is only +5... and my armors are sooo far from completion... its rediculess...

*yawn* hitting someone while he's debuffed in NW with a tripple spark lucky break w/e combo =/= killing him. you're probably some sort of elemental shards/elemental resist genie skills build relying on verdant shell. perhaps so missing OHT resistance pieces/r8r stuff....

in any case... too much talk and too little proof... go make a vid with you owning r9rr and we can talk again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkdeity - Lost City
    Darkdeity - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    *yawn* hitting someone while he's debuffed in NW with a tripple spark lucky break w/e combo =/= killing him. you're probably some sort of elemental shards/elemental resist genie skills build relying on verdant shell. perhaps so missing OHT resistance pieces/r8r stuff....

in any case... too much talk and too little proof... go make a vid with you owning r9rr and we can talk again.

now why would i give you proof if im trying to hide my equipment... so you can judge accurately what im doing? nah im good... :p and i dont have lucky break yet... just so you know... :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I vote no for a few reasons

1)Being able to view player info is an important part of successful squad management if you are a puller or a healer. Knowing what your squad can handle can make a big difference. And you can't just pretend that you would be the only type of person to use this item. There are people out there with +2 TT90 armor at level 100 and 100 million coin flyers. You think they wouldn't buy that item just so people would be less likely to kick them?

2)One thing that fosters community spirit in this game is fashion. Being able to try it on, learn different combos from others, and discuss your fashion is a big part of the game for some people. It might not be for you, but there is a reason that the show off your fashion is one of the most posted in, longest, and oldest threads despite being in one of the least visited section of the forums. Replacing that reason for friendly interaction with pvp paranoia just rubs me the wrong way

3) You want the item to be 100+. There are plenty of reasons a low level on a pvp server, or someone who regularly does the tourney, may want to hide their armor that are about the same as yours. There is actually way more gear diversity at that level range, not all of it good. Saying they would "nub it up" even though it is not an item that could be nub up as it isn't some overpowered weapon or something, is just silly.

4)If it were to be implemented, I'd just auto-kick anyone using it honestly. Laugh all you want, but you're the one that wants to remain anonymous. And there would be no way for me to know if you're any good or not. If it just tickles you pink that everyone in the entire perfect world doesn't know who you are or what your gear (that they wouldn't even be to know, no matter what) is capable of, then whatever floats your boat I guess. But I'm not giving up point 1 just so you can keep e-peen stroke in PVP and noobs can hide their noobness and never improve their gear.

5)You are mocking the sins wanting to keep the tactical advantage of surprise, but I fail to see how it makes it better to make it a cash shop advantage. This isn't 2009, sins are not the end-all be-all anymore and plenty of people out there manage to counter them. If your genie and build is as good as you claim it to be, whether or not they know it ahead of time shouldn't really matter.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Darkdeity - Lost City
    Darkdeity - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I vote no for a few reasons

1)Being able to view player info is an important part of successful squad management if you are a puller or a healer. Knowing what your squad can handle can make a big difference. And you can't just pretend that you would be the only type of person to use this item. There are people out there with +2 TT90 armor at level 100 and 100 million coin flyers. You think they wouldn't buy that item just so people would be less likely to kick them?

2)One thing that fosters community spirit in this game is fashion. Being able to try it on, learn different combos from others, and discuss your fashion is a big part of the game for some people. It might not be for you, but there is a reason that the show off your fashion is one of the most posted in, longest, and oldest threads despite being in one of the least visited section of the forums. Replacing that reason for friendly interaction with pvp paranoia just rubs me the wrong way

3) You want the item to be 100+. There are plenty of reasons a low level on a pvp server, or someone who regularly does the tourney, may want to hide their armor that are about the same as yours. There is actually way more gear diversity at that level range, not all of it good. Saying they would "nub it up" even though it is not an item that could be nub up as it isn't some overpowered weapon or something, is just silly.

4)If it were to be implemented, I'd just auto-kick anyone using it honestly. Laugh all you want, but you're the one that wants to remain anonymous. And there would be no way for me to know if you're any good or not. If it just tickles you pink that everyone in the entire perfect world doesn't know who you are or what your gear (that they wouldn't even be to know, no matter what) is capable of, then whatever floats your boat I guess. But I'm not giving up point 1 just so you can keep e-peen stroke in PVP and noobs can hide their noobness and never improve their gear.

5)You are mocking the sins wanting to keep the tactical advantage of surprise, but I fail to see how it makes it better to make it a cash shop advantage. This isn't 2009, sins are not the end-all be-all anymore and plenty of people out there manage to counter them. If your genie and build is as good as you claim it to be, whether or not they know it ahead of time shouldn't really matter.

i only poke fun at those who are poking fun... sorry... but still the level reqirement i felt was ness because some people find it funny to joing a wc squad at level 1... and its not amusing at all... i would basically say this guy atleast has the level to be able to hide his stuff...

your right about any lowbies that wanna do tourny... its nice to be able to surprise people..
    i only wanna take some of the surprise sins can get not all of it... i want them to be able to see this guys magic attack is 24000-28000 and has 13k hp.. i might not wanna mess with him... but the way i make the char to be secret... (notice how player info doesnt show a players attrib stats anymore? i dont mind getting kicked from squads... i dont really squad up im a more solo player... i assist my guild alot... and random lobies... but i have no need for bhs or lunars etc.... so for me that point doesnt matter too much (im sure to others it does...
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    what a strange reasons you come with.

Character builing is really a very easy part. Everything is been on the forums a bazillion times and it is pretty impossible to come up with something new.

When i opened the tread i expected an argumentation about people calling you noob for your gears and not wanting them to see :)

No, it is important to see peoples gear. I check my party members out before the start to know roughly what healing i can expect, what kind of pulls the seeker should be able to handle and whom of the DDs is gonna have agro.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Friend found your character and sent me a screenshot of your gear on Skype. I'm still LOL'ing.
  • GlitchedCode - Archosaur
    GlitchedCode - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Friend found your character and sent me a screenshot of your gear on Skype. I'm still LOL'ing.

:) you dont read very well... but even so... i dont care what you think about my gears... i know what people said about the first fist bms as well... how? because i was there... now look at them... to me its no differnt... but even still... the item is the discussion not what you think you know about me or my gear... :) so keep on topic people...

next part is to WannaBM
    I actually know you in game we leveled together a few times... i know you do a lot for the server... when the new sot came out it broke a lot of hearts...
    and i respect that it makes your job harder... but you also have the choice of letting them in your squad or not... as well...
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    now why would i give you proof if im trying to hide my equipment... so you can judge accurately what im doing? nah im good... :p and i dont have lucky break yet... just so you know... :)

so no comment about my speculations about your gear?b:cute
    a vid would prove that you have the super secret hax build that kills r9rr but not reveal it if you dont open your inventory
    you only purge once #yopo
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    When I don't want people to look at my stats, pdef etc I remove my tome which then puts all my gear into RED... problem solved.
    Here we go again....
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    1. beating people also involves skill so it would be just the gear
    Although this is true given ~equal gears, this is often not the case due to the financial differences irl of varying players. In real life, those financial differences are usually quite extreme between the players who do have money to afford the top end game gears verses the majority of actually better skilled players, but not able to afford those same top end game gears. That is simple statistics, most people are relatively broke... and having skills does not compete with gears that cost major $ in PWI.
    2. not having the coins to finish the build is also a build flaw unless you get linear efficiency
    This can be applied to any gear set then and holds no real weight on determining how to gear oneself. I mean really, what would be the point of actually having an end game target set as the free level 95 morai set? With perhaps the only exception as being for PvE farming?
    3. feel free to give me a ling of a post where you explain your build or a link to it. I'd love to see if there are improvements to be made.
    Here is my target end game gear set, including Deity Stones (of +2 Atk Lvls each), and the Meridian System also accounted for. Given I am a Demon Psy, +2% crit from demon psy masteries must also be considered to be added to the 43% showing, making a total of 45% crit. The blessing set here is the O'Malley's Blessing of +15 Atk and Def lvls, and no voodoo is shown. Yes, I dare put in writing that played correctly, this set up can own r9rr geared players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlitchedCode - Archosaur
    GlitchedCode - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    When I don't want people to look at my stats, pdef etc I remove my tome which then puts all my gear into RED... problem solved.

really... see theres always something to learn... ill try that out thanks :D (its not perfect but if it works... i will hella use it :D
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Someone stalk the OP and post his gear for all to see please b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    no because its good to know who you are fighting
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Someone stalk the OP and post his gear for all to see please b:chuckle
    Target : Darkdeity PWCalc of Lost City. b:quiet Don't let him know b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Target : Darkdeity PWCalc of Lost City. b:quiet Don't let him know b:mischievous

Actually it's his mystic, GlitchedCode - Archosaur XD

Here is my target end game gear set, including Deity Stones (of +2 Atk Lvls each), and the Meridian System also accounted for. Given I am a Demon Psy, +2% crit from demon psy masteries must also be considered to be added to the 43% showing, making a total of 45% crit. The blessing set here is the O'Malley's Blessing of +15 Atk and Def lvls, and no voodoo is shown. Yes, I dare put in writing that played correctly, this set up can own r9rr geared players.

I think that the calc doesn't have the pdef/mdef from the ring; here are my changes (boots):
    http://www.pwcalc.com/90ede444c7bfbae4

And here is my counter-build: http://www.pwcalc.com/7daa86642c84c6e0, the cookie-cutter r9rr+12. full deity (boots > refines from ring, belt > hp from meridian, blessing > deities) with *average* stats

In terms of defenses, r9rr wins:
    Effective HP against Physical Damage 92718 vs 88675
    Effective HP against Magic Damage 172246 vs 88675
    Note that while r9rr has quite lower pdef, it makes it up with 9% pdmg decrease and a few more def lvls; if I wasn't so concerned of maximizing the dmg I'd roll with a +12 phy ring to get the pdef even higher.

In terms of raw attack r9rr also wins; using lvl10 glacial shards (a spell with medium % weapon attack and bonus dmg) we get: a hit of 97k vs 82k

However, we don't take into consideration the extra crit of your build. This is a bit difficult to evaluate so we'll take a dps view, multiplying by 1+crit_rate%; alas, r9rr wins again with 123k versus 119k.

Of course, crit is not just about dps. But are you going to argue that 45% crit is more important than 27% crit AND purify spell? it's not really about /needing/ it but what bonus you get; and when you would use badge, you could instead use windshield (or frenzy after getting purified).

In other stats, your build has 27% chan instead of 26%. meh, right?

The final question is the cost. We could argue all day about the chance of getting those stats, or stats pretty close to those but I doubt that it would be much cheaper than r9rr (bit bored to make the calculations atm tbh); afterall, you also have +12 max shards, NW gear (except tome). And getting average stats on r9rr is certain. And the warsoul weapon has nearly the price of r9.

But well. I must admit that your build has a great advantage: the looks of the warsoul weapon (and r8r armor is also cool). Seriously, it's amazing. Not sure if I'd put it higher than the g13/5 tt sphere; feels like way more sparkles xD. And awesome quote although nothing beats the one from r6 sphere: This weapon bears death's name upon it, bringing death to you. At one point I was considering to get it just because of the awesomeness of it!
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I hate when people push my buttons.b:angry
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I hate when people push my buttons.b:angry

stop trying to find new topics to post stuff and go back to workb:avoid
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I get why someone would want such an item but I personally like it the way things are right now. It's sometimes useful to know what kind of gear others are wearing, I could bring examples of the situations but most have been mentioned already, so I'm not going to bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Although this is true given ~equal gears, this is often not the case due to the financial differences irl of varying players. In real life, those financial differences are usually quite extreme between the players who do have money to afford the top end game gears verses the majority of actually better skilled players, but not able to afford those same top end game gears. That is simple statistics, most people are relatively broke... and having skills does not compete with gears that cost major $ in PWI.

This can be applied to any gear set then and holds no real weight on determining how to gear oneself. I mean really, what would be the point of actually having an end game target set as the free level 95 morai set? With perhaps the only exception as being for PvE farming?

This is just in response to your first point, as I'm on my phone and dont feel like deleting the reat of the non pertinent points...

There are also those of us who can easily afford whatever PWE throws at us, but just chose not to. Maybe for me, the fun of this game has been waning for too long, the playerbase is dramatically shrinking making the cost effectiveness of putting money into it as a moronic idea, no game is worth $10,000+ USD to play, the end game players tend to contain the vast majority of idiots, and lastly I don't PK, and have never had an interest in PK/PvP.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.