Assasin's skills (Spoils of War and The Keeper of Treasure)

k0kai40
k0kai40 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this topic but I will give it a try.
Above name skill is something really cool for pking assasins. They just get close to low level character and 1shot it, at the same time taking all of its DQ items. Safety Lock doesn't work against that skill, so if you are a bit poor and can't afford to buy at least 10 Guardian Scrolls you will just loose ALL of your DQ items every time they kill you.
Also, after learning "Spoils of War", assasins get "The Keeper of Treasure" skill. Another thing that make this class OP. For those who doesn't know, this skill makes them keep all their DQ items upon being pked by another sin.

My question is: Why Safety Lock doesn't work against it? It DISABLES "Dropping items and coins". Also, why another classes doesn't have skill similar to "The Keeper of Treasure"? It makes gameplay very uneven.
Post edited by k0kai40 on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Nah this isn't a bug.

It was an intentional design of the skill. It's really more of an anti-bot skill that was designed with the Chinese servers in mind. Over here, it's kinda useless for the most part. Especially since with the DQ price nerf, higher levels would really be wasting time using it on lowbies and against people their level, odds are nobody's carrying any sort of stacks of DQ items or, if they are, probably have guardian scrolls/the gear needed to not get outright killed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • k0kai40
    edited August 2013
    Looks like the game forever will be uneven for the other classes... That's sad and disappointing.
    Depends where - On the event, Assult of Archosaur, where DQ drop every few seconds, sins kill everyone that gets out of sz. And they really are getting tons of those items. My friend got over 1000 different DQ item from just killing few people.

Would you mind moving this topic to the place where it suits more? If you can, of course.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol? DQ Items are non-factor. This skill plays no role in real pvp.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • k0kai40
    edited August 2013
    In the real PVP - Well, maybe not. But on the events where DQ drops it does matter. Otherwise, why would sins use that skill if it didn't matter? Its free DQ points for all those well-geared sins, 1 shot and most of not-very-well-geared die and same with the lower lvls.
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    k0kai40 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this topic but I will give it a try.
    Above name skill is something really cool for pking assasins. They just get close to low level character and 1shot it, at the same time taking all of its DQ items. Safety Lock doesn't work against that skill, so if you are a bit poor and can't afford to buy at least 10 Guardian Scrolls you will just loose ALL of your DQ items every time they kill you.
    Also, after learning "Spoils of War", assasins get "The Keeper of Treasure" skill. Another thing that make this class OP. For those who doesn't know, this skill makes them keep all their DQ items upon being pked by another sin.

My question is: Why Safety Lock doesn't work against it? It DISABLES "Dropping items and coins". Also, why another classes doesn't have skill similar to "The Keeper of Treasure"? It makes gameplay very uneven.

It might have been origninated for the bots of the chinese server...but the real reason

pwe wants money = money spent on packs or money spent on buying scrolls through the boutique

packs give tokens which = people use tokens on guardian scrolls

ie: pwe gets more money. It's that simple.

The events (such as attack on arch) give reasons for people to want to get guard scrolls because of that skill. Don't carry large amounts of dq in your inv...go and npc them at any chance and the skill is technically worthless as stated before

and qq I love my dq to get cheap charms if nothing else. So I farm it but at the same time I don't carry 100's of dq items stacked in my inv just because of that skill. You get no added bonus for turning them in all at once so why keep that much? (as I have seen people complain about that before)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait.... This is OP HOW?
  • HeavenxDoom - Lost City
    HeavenxDoom - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it is enoying skill at most not op at all

and only bugs ppl who farm dq
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a sin, and I love the bag checker skill; it's fun when you're standing around doing nothing seeing what people have in their bags.
    MOST of the time, hardly anyone has any DQ in their bags, at least what I've seen.

If droping DQ is the least of the things that could drop, then I'd say that's not so bad. Mostly it'll be like killing mobs... maybe they'll drop 1 or 2 dqs, or maybe 10-20 if you're lucky.
    Now, if they made it so that sins could force -anything- to drop through safetylock with the skill, then I'd say that might be terrifyingly over powered.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its just 2 nearly useless skills (that short of being useful for PK'ing bot farmers ~ Have pretty much no real (day to day) use for us sin users at all) We were stuck with those skills, when China decided to give us those skills ~ Instead of giving us anything that we could actually really use that could truly help us in actual combat (back when they gave all the other classes good skills to use and simply shafted the Sin class, by totally giving us those totally Fopped skills) that can only be used (part time) in game, at the most rare of times at best......

{f:worry + f:sweat = (f:defeat)}
  • HeavenxDoom - Lost City
    HeavenxDoom - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seitori wrote: »
    Its just 2 nearly useless skills (that short of being useful for PK'ing bot farmers ~ Have pretty much no real (day to day) use for us sin users at all) We were stuck with those skills, when China decided to give us those skills ~ Instead of giving us anything that we could actually really use that could truly help us in actual combat (back when they gave all the other classes good skills to use and simply shafted the Sin class, by totally giving us those totally Fopped skills) that can only be used (part time) in game, at the most rare of times at best......

{f:worry + f:sweat = (f:defeat)}

wish is good as assasin was broken from day one and simple fact old classes needed a boost
  • k0kai40
    edited August 2013

You get no added bonus for turning them in all at once so why keep that much? (as I have seen people complain about that before)

Flying back every few minutes when you are in the middle of nowhere? Well, that will take more time than actual DQ collecting. xD

I would be perfectly fine if SafetyLock would work against this skill. Anyway, most people don't even put their SL most of the time because chance of dropping something(If you are white) is like 1%.
    Maybe its not as bad when you just kill normal mobs, since they only drop very few of items but then it comes to event or x2...
    Maybe Sins won't go for all the higher lvls players but my 7x cleric is killed few times a day, and I have no chance to stand against r9 +10 sin.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dont really see why sins should have the keeper skill (unless it's like a loong cd short buff); since the main idea behind spoils is anti-bot, why would a class get a anti-anti-bot skill....

and yeah, morai skills are a nice move to balance classes (and even purify proc); and sins get another aoe anyway.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dont really see why sins should have the keeper skill (unless it's like a loong cd short buff); since the main idea behind spoils is anti-bot, why would a class get a anti-anti-bot skill....

and yeah, morai skills are a nice move to balance classes (and even purify proc); and sins get another aoe anyway.

I can't quite agree with you mentioning our "3rd aoe" when its a 1 foot or less frontal aoe which for the most part is the most fail frontal aoe in all of perfect world. It is almost 99.9% useless as an AOE due to the short frontal range.

But anyhow not to get sidetracked. For those of you who know Spoils of war was originally meant to steal other players coins. Making assassins turnout more of a thief-like class which suits me fine since we technically already have stealth to compliment it. Skill was never introduced as such and changed at the last second "nerfed before release" to its current crippled "unusable" state.

"Shafted" is an understatement. the 5 second aoe stealth which gives the lowest stealth level of all skills in the game. Just a reminder of how shat on assassins are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That **** skill deals NO damage, pops you outta stealth and sucks b:bye
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok, I play on a PVE server and dont normally PK so why should I worry about this skill?
    Does it work on players that are not in PK mode?

Has any one thought that some players actual do the DQ quests and so carry large amounts of DQ mat on them, Daaaaa.

I see the value of being able to rip off someone of their mats but DQ?
    It seems a bit dum to create hostility in the game between classes.
    If PWI wants to go that route create a Thief Class b:chuckle
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok, I play on a PVE server and dont normally PK so why should I worry about this skill?

Has any one thought that some players actual do the DQ quests and so carry large amounts of DQ mat on them, Daaaaa.

If PWI wants to go that route create a Thief Class

NECROOO!!!!!!!

BriarFoxy - Raging Tide replied to a message that was 2 months 29 days 21 hours 53 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited November 2013
    Kittyinb4modscometosealthisundeaddreadwiththeiralmightymagicallockingmodpowerz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

If PWI wants to go that route create a Thief Class b:chuckle

Doesn't work on players that are in PK mode, so you don't need to worry about it if you're not in it.

Anyway, gonna close this for necro.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.