Arc FAQs -Updated 1.22.14

Comments

• GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If Arc is in its "early developmental stage", then why is it out already and why are you guys forcing it on us?

Made it big and red, so you won't "accidentally" miss the question. f:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can we get those questions answered? Any reply will be fine, even if its no.

Instead of replying, he'll continue to ignore these questions and concerns, all while posting in and creating other threads.

What a great CM. Frankie, is that you?
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • xkanx
    xkanx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Instead of replying, he'll continue to ignore these questions and concerns, all while posting in and creating other threads.

What a great CM. Frankie, is that you?

seems like a pattern doesnt it..... this game gets a popular CM then leaves. The next one literally ignores the community he is suppose to manage

spoons->frankie
    Val->This guy
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pwi....will...never....listen....to....your.....complaints.....or.....feedback.......or.....comment......or....whatever......you......say..........
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xkanx wrote: »
    seems like a pattern doesnt it..... this game gets a popular CM then leaves. The next one literally ignores the community he is suppose to manage

spoons->frankie
    Val->This guy
    This guy's just a fill-in CM from some of PWE's other titles, but yes, it still works with your pattern perfectly. I really hope the next full-time CM for PWI is like spoons and Hey, You! instead of being like Frankie.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After 5 years of this game I have come to several conclusions.

1) Ir is rare to ever see a GM on the game except a few guest appearances.
    2) No one who works for PWE actually plays Perfect World.
    3) They say they care about customers and totally ignore them.
    4) there are no limits to what is acceptable language in world chat.
    --a) The world chat on the Heavens Tear server would make Howard Stern blush.
    5) No patches are tested till they are live.
    --a) No self respecting software engineer would allow so many bugs to get to the client.

The game is a CPU and memory hog that has more leaks than the Titanic and now they want to add another layer of memory hogging software to bring all our computers to a crawl.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xkanx wrote: »

spoons->frankie
    Val->This guy

I think they get in trouble with management once they connect with the clients and actually care for their clients. Their job is to placate the clients and insulate management from the clients.
  • Skyforger - Dreamweaver
    Skyforger - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well as expected, we did not receive responses. That's revealed all their players focus on the community. Sad ...
  • SweetDevyl - Lost City
    SweetDevyl - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I reeeaaaalllly wonder, what's the point in playing a game, that has nothing more to offer then pure bullsh.it?!
    You took away Nirvana, you made almost all dq items worth 1 coin, low lvl players have noooo chance to succeed without cash-shoping... And that's just a small part of it...
    This used to be a FUN game to play!!!
    A lot of ppl would still play, if not for all the crapy decisions...
    Listen to your "buyers" for a change, and fire your marketing-team!!!!f:naughty
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This will be a great chance to try out some other free to play MMOs run by other companies. Wouldnt want to try more PWI titles.

So anyone got a list of free to play MMOs coming out soon?
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since I quit game for a few months and uninstalled the game from both of my computers, I had to get Arc in order to reinstall. That was fine really since I used the old CORE application for a while sometimes. Essentially, Arc feels like CORE just renamed. I was curious though since there was not a PWI launcher shortcut created on my desktop as to whether Arc was necessary to launch the game or not, and if dual clienting was still possible. Out of curiosity one day when experiencing a lot of lag on my laptop with Arc running, I closed out and exited Arc then went looking for the elementclient.exe. Surely enough, it is still there (at least for the time being). Making a shortcut to that on my desktop brings back the old launching and patching style - making Arc really only necessary as a download mechanism at this point.

Now for my questions:
    1. Is this functionality described above going to change at any point? (will we still be able launch via .exe directly)
    2. Will Arc need to be running in the background in order for the new achievement system to work, or does it only need to be launched in order to redeem rewards?

Those are the only questions I really have, and so long as we can still launch from .exe and only need to open Arc for redeeming achievements - I believe the community at large will be satisfied. Currently, having Arc as the only means to download the game is admittedly a pain in the butt for some people - but those that have a bit of savvy have more than likely figured out such as I have that it isn't really mandatory in order to launch and patch the game on post-arc-release installs. As is, Arc is essentially just a download manager for the initial installation as well as a launcher for the launcher.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After 5 years of this game I have come to several conclusions.

1) Ir is rare to ever see a GM on the game except a few guest appearances.
    2) No one who works for PWE actually plays Perfect World.
    3) They say they care about customers and totally ignore them.
    4) there are no limits to what is acceptable language in world chat.
    --a) The world chat on the Heavens Tear server would make Howard Stern blush.
    5) No patches are tested till they are live.
    --a) No self respecting software engineer would allow so many bugs to get to the client.

The game is a CPU and memory hog that has more leaks than the Titanic and now they want to add another layer of memory hogging software to bring all our computers to a crawl.

This is one of the most accurate statements I've seen about this game and PWI.... (except maybe 4a since I play on LC)

I also think the questions I've asked to the temp CM are legitimate questions which should be answered.
    b:bye
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PWE = Biggest Trolls ever.
    Say "We Care about our players" But don't Give a shizz about us b:bye
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So what I'm gathering from this is;

Dear players of PWI,

We want you to play more of our other games, here is a badly designed bloatware to further reduce PWIs performance, please give us feedback on this so we can ignore your feedback as our masters have already decided to shove it down your piehole, if you dont like it please GTFO.

Sincerly,

The GMs b:bye
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is you building the Arc Platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZq4sZz56qM

It may seem funny, but this is so wrong. Why is software engineering the only field of engineering where their people launch products that are not finished? You guys have no self-respect. What you should really do is to finish building the airplane, make sure everything is ok and then launch it.

Obviously your developers don't take their job seriously.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is you building the Arc Platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZq4sZz56qM

I find this accurate XD.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry, but I have to say this..

Arc = CORE, plain and simple. CORE logged in your user accounts when you launched PWI/FW/BOI etc. SO what is essentially being done is Arc is being made to be CORE, only they are adding some rebellious system into it for achievements so it will be mandatory to use it. The day I can't launch PWI with its own launcher is the day I leave PWE entirely.

I'm also with many others. Why are the old methods removed. if that's all Arc does in the first place?

Arc uses a centralized "Torrent" to download a full copy of the game. it then uses a proprietary engine (like autorun.ini, only different) to install the games automatically. Essentially, Arc is just a torrent program..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • ilenscat
    ilenscat Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since I quit game for a few months and uninstalled the game from both of my computers, I had to get Arc in order to reinstall. That was fine really since I used the old CORE application for a while sometimes. Essentially, Arc feels like CORE just renamed. I was curious though since there was not a PWI launcher shortcut created on my desktop as to whether Arc was necessary to launch the game or not, and if dual clienting was still possible. Out of curiosity one day when experiencing a lot of lag on my laptop with Arc running, I closed out and exited Arc then went looking for the elementclient.exe. Surely enough, it is still there (at least for the time being). Making a shortcut to that on my desktop brings back the old launching and patching style - making Arc really only necessary as a download mechanism at this point.

Now for my questions:
    1. Is this functionality described above going to change at any point? (will we still be able launch via .exe directly)
    2. Will Arc need to be running in the background in order for the new achievement system to work, or does it only need to be launched in order to redeem rewards?

Those are the only questions I really have, and so long as we can still launch from .exe and only need to open Arc for redeeming achievements - I believe the community at large will be satisfied. Currently, having Arc as the only means to download the game is admittedly a pain in the butt for some people - but those that have a bit of savvy have more than likely figured out such as I have that it isn't really mandatory in order to launch and patch the game on post-arc-release installs. As is, Arc is essentially just a download manager for the initial installation as well as a launcher for the launcher.

I keep my installation movable, by copying the PWI folder to an external HDD and then to my new laptops (I change laptop every year so downloading pwi isn't really on my mind everytime). I can also play pwi from any computer, by running the client from the HDD... this way.. so far... I haven't notice the need of ARC, in fact, right now I have the patch.exe as a shortcut in my desktop and I could patch from there using the automatic update...

If you keep this like that, then people wont be complaining that much. Arc should be for the people that actually plays several PWE games... (which i really dont know how could that be possible... since 1 game actually kind of sucks your life out... ) not for the people that only play (and only wants to play) one game.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hate Bloatware and I have all the tools i needed for the last 3+ years to play this game fine.
    You want to improve my game experience/play? then please no BLOATWARE such as ARC.
    If you are looking forward to hearing our thoughts then why do you keep trying to sell us a truck (ARC) when we are clearly asking for a car (Single game, PWI)

I tried your other games they are just too simple and childish and I do not need Arc to constantly remind me how dumb your choices in games as a company have been. e.g. H.O.T.K. still got a copy, not that its any use now, lol.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And once again, the company refuses to listen to the people. You guys want a cookie for not giving us the answers we actually want? :( You're wasting such a beautifully designed game here and it breaks my heart.
    I really don't want to go, I really really don't. But seeing this forced download just as i was recommending college friends to play was a horrible move
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2013
    And once again, the company refuses to listen to the people. You guys want a cookie for not giving us the answers we actually want? :( You're wasting such a beautifully designed game here and it breaks my heart.
    I really don't want to go, I really really don't. But seeing this forced download just as i was recommending college friends to play was a horrible move
    And still we have no answer to our question.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unknownkill112
    unknownkill112 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And still we have no answer to our question.....

^^^^^
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm surprised this thread is still up, if I were synchroze this would have been closed and its funny how none of our mods has replied to this thread either, usually we would get a response saying from them saying to tone it down. f:hush
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I'm surprised this thread is still up, if I were synchroze this would have been closed and its funny how none of our mods has replied to this thread either, usually we would get a response saying from them saying to tone it down. f:hush

Other than that 1 post, nothing wrong has happened here. You guys are just asking questions (in a civil manner) and waiting for answers, nothing wrong with that.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is one question only: will be Arc included in pwi or not.

We got reply in FAQ:
    From a technical standpoint, we would absolutely love to make Arc a central, exclusive platform that serves update and patching functionality for all our games, though we are not ready to do that just yet. First, we want to make the tool something that our players enjoy and feel genuinely improves their gameplay experience. If you have feedback about how Arc can better provide you access to your favorite Perfect World games, please feel free to post it on our forums. We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

According same FAQ Arc has built-in http downloader for game itself and patchs along with built-in browser to prevent problem with "my browser not support your scripts for Core Connect/DQ points pages".

I myself like to use Arc for those, who need it (I am not one of them).

I had never problem with DQ points/ Core Connect pages and last my letter to support service was few years ago may be.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    synchroze wrote: »
    We're not ignoring our players. In fact we're gathering information and feedback from the community. I plan to share any answers or updates I get from our development team but for now the only information I currently have is information addressed in the FAQ.

We are currently in the early development stages of the Arc platform. Arc is the next big thing for Perfect World Entertainment and we plan to continue to build on it. We want to provide everyone with the best user experience possible and any feedback that we can work with will help us greatly.

Please keep in mind that I want this thread to be constructive and not volatile. So please remember the forum rules of conduct when posting.

wth kind of reponse is this????
    he asked 3 questions and u only answer/respond to his saying ur ignoring us. that alone is telling us ur ignoring us. the once or twice we actually got wat the player base wanted was with V4l aka Hey You. idk bout spoons as i started rly playing when frankie was in charge.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All they have to do is look at player spending which is rapidly grinding to a halt. At this point i would rather pay for facebook and other AD's denouncing and discouraging players from ever trying this game then to put another dime in. Pocket book will either make them change or shut down the game, at this point i dont care which of those outcomes happen. The FAQ really didnt answer much except highlight how horrid the customer relations are.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope they are not planning to let us complain here and ignore this thread altogether, like it's usually done.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I hope they are not planning to let us complain here and ignore this thread altogether, like it's usually done.

^ This.