The future?

mickeymad
mickeymad Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
So nobodys working on this game no more? They want to sell stuff without working on it? How is it possible to have something to sell if they only make us buy and dot make anything credible for us to buy? I want to see a level cap raise in this game. Or nobodys working no more in this game? Maybe it will cost something to raise level cap! So what you've done to all the money we already gave you? Is beer that expensive? Is that your retrebution to the people that still cares about this game? We just pay pay pay! Can you work, care?
And the riot be the rhyme of the unheard.
Post edited by mickeymad on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, people are still working on this game (we've had regular expansions all along, 2-3 times per year.) No, most likely there will never be a level cap raise, since when Wanmei bought out Archosaur (the original developers) they compressed the originally planned XP for 100-150 (originally planned level cap) into 100-105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The level cap can't be increased.

What do you mean by no one is working? I hope you didn't mean the players, because we came here to play, not work. The only people who work are the developers and they are already working on the next content update, go search the forums to see what it could be about.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ah yes...the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MerLeah - Archosaur
    MerLeah - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    b:laugh the last time i check,, i played for fun not to "work".b:shutup
    MerLeah - 102 Venomancer (kittie purrge) - Archosaur
    ||CupCake|| - 105 Assassin (slice 'n dice) - Archosaur
    Princella - 101 Cleric (heal's da noob) - Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12787492002&dateline=1316071878[/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think he means r9t3, +12 everything, level 105... what's their left to do? Wait till the next expansion comes out, right? Maybe work on an alt and do r9t3, +12 everything, level 105 all over again with the same game content.... and then?

Think he's wondering what the game has left to expand to. Any new expansions are going to be at best level 100+ since it doesn't make any sense to expand level 1-99 content when 80% of your player base is 100+. But the gear we have for 100+ is already overkill for our game content. If they released harder content for those geared up enough to challenge it then they'd get all the Qq threads like "The new Seat /Aba are too hard".

Because of caps on the game its kind of expanded itself into a corner. Any new content would be too easy because our gear is overkill. Any new gear would be to OP for the content. Can't raise the level cap. New alts tend to be forced to play alone or rushed to 100+ and then you're back in the 100+ daily loop. I think he wants level 105+ content for people who are G16/r9t3 geared and still want to grow/be challenged.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy PWI. I see the comments about "I came for play, not for work" but my character is really a project for me. I compare it to my wife's scrap booking. It's "playing" but it's also a work effort to create/build something awesome that sometimes does seem like work. I don't mind if its repetitive like running 1000 Nirvanas. The payoff is the shiny new gear and an improvement to my "project." Still fun for me.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think he means r9t3, +12 everything, level 105... what's their left to do? Wait till the next expansion comes out, right? Maybe work on an alt and do r9t3, +12 everything, level 105 all over again with the same game content.... and then?

Think he's wondering what the game has left to expand to. Any new expansions are going to be at best level 100+ since it doesn't make any sense to expand level 1-99 content when 80% of your player base is 100+. But the gear we have for 100+ is already overkill for our game content. If they released harder content for those geared up enough to challenge it then they'd get all the Qq threads like "The new Seat /Aba are too hard".

Because of caps on the game its kind of expanded itself into a corner. Any new content would be too easy because our gear is overkill. Any new gear would be to OP for the content. Can't raise the level cap. New alts tend to be forced to play alone or rushed to 100+ and then you're back in the 100+ daily loop. I think he wants level 105+ content for people who are G16/r9t3 geared and still want to grow/be challenged.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy PWI. I see the comments about "I came for play, not for work" but my character is really a project for me. I compare it to my wife's scrap booking. It's "playing" but it's also a work effort to create/build something awesome that sometimes does seem like work. I don't mind if its repetitive like running 1000 Nirvanas. The payoff is the shiny new gear and an improvement to my "project." Still fun for me.

Still though, adding a new race makes everyone happy. b:pleased

I'd still love to see a Undead race.... Zombie and Vampire!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd have enjoyd some content/instances for lvl105s. Nice idea.
    At lvl100/101 the gear differences are way too big and diverse. You have people with R999+12 JOSD, people with R999+7, people with G16 Nirvana +10, G15 Nirvana +5, R8r +7, TT90+5... TT80 even and so on.

Most people who are lvl105 have, more or less, endgame gear whether that is R9 recast, Nirvana recast or R8 recast (plus decent refines) so the gear difference wouldn't be a big problem and would allow for more complex and challenging instances & content.

Forget about the goon glitch; as of now there are plenty of 105s who legitimately leveled up through hard work and patience and I think adding actual content for 105 would give people a reason to level up -> people forming PV/FCC squads etc.

Also, new skills or Demon/Sage version of Morai skills. New things to farm and work for!

I think lvl80+ deserve updates too though, some new and better quests and maybe a couple of new dailies for them.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • mickeymad
    mickeymad Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't believe level cap cant be increased. I understand that keeping level cap at 105 is a solution for stoping some cheating power level up, but we cant stand aside and look. Lets find a way to stop de cheats and fight for more for the game we like to play honestly.
    And the riot be the rhyme of the unheard.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *rolls eyes*

No, level cap cannot be increased

EXP table is already set. You will have to do a complete server wipe, write a fresh exp table, and then create 50 levels' worth of areas. Might as well make a new game at that point.

Game engine also will not be able to support any new races/classes
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    mickeymad wrote: »
    So nobodys working on this game no more? They want to sell stuff without working on it? How is it possible to have something to sell if they only make us buy and dot make anything credible for us to buy? I want to see a level cap raise in this game. Or nobodys working no more in this game? Maybe it will cost something to raise level cap! So what you've done to all the money we already gave you? Is beer that expensive? Is that your retrebution to the people that still cares about this game? We just pay pay pay! Can you work, care?

Ok gonna have to quote...

"No one should know too much about their future Marty" Doc Brown - Back To The Future.

Good Film to.
    *rolls eyes*

EXP table is already set. You will have to do a complete server wipe, write a fresh exp table, and then create 50 levels' worth of areas. Might as well make a new game at that point.

Game engine also will not be able to support any new races/classes

Hum... Not totaly true... In some cases the game would require an upgrade the orignal design of the game is well set to be able to change settings add classes to its max intended ETC. However yes their are limits. The Cap i dont believe is HARD Caped at Lv 105 thats probly 150 as per the orignal design. they never thought anyone would hit 105 and their are quests ETC for 105+ as well as BHs but 1 they are not active and 2 the new gears will outstrip the Mobs / Bosses.

Some of the above im sure will be added at some point... Updates are being tested all the time we just get them in 1 big pack now. All i would say is Stand ready for the updates and be ready to adapt... Something more people should learn to do.
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly saying it's your own problem if you just paid tons of $$$ and then powerleveled your way up to 105 and now have nothing to do. I've played this game for 4 years and my highest level char is still this one. I do quests and have fun while playing, there is enough content to deal with. The only thing that worries me is the lack of solo quests for levels 80+. I really liked the Tideborn quest chain, the one that went on for ever, if anyone remembers it, and I think there should be more of similar quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly saying it's your own problem if you just paid tons of $$$ and then powerleveled your way up to 105 and now have nothing to do. I've played this game for 4 years and my highest level char is still this one. I do quests and have fun while playing, there is enough content to deal with. The only thing that worries me is the lack of solo quests for levels 80+. I really liked the Tideborn quest chain, the one that went on for ever, if anyone remembers it, and I think there should be more of similar quests.

198 posts but just 1x lvl 98 within 4 years. You must be more active in fourm than in game. Even a bunch of my chepest alts which lvl just with orbs + bhs are 100+ now (and I always use only the hypers which we get for free).
  • Nasser_ - Lost City
    Nasser_ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    today when i log in to server Lost city
    i wouldn't be able to login and says that message
    Disconnected from server please log in again
    can anybody help please
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    heero200 wrote: »

The Cap i dont believe is HARD Caped at Lv 105 thats probly 150 as per the orignal design.

If I remember right the experience curve for 150 was compressed to 105 not cut off at 105, this means that if you shift it back to 150 there will have to be changes to each players level to reflect the curve, also if you follow the curve as it stands the exp for each level would soon reach a point where you need a whole lifetimes playing to get 1 level.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013

and you derived to that conclusion based on what? we get new content pretty oftenb:bye
    you only purge once #yopo
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    heero200 wrote: »

"No one should know too much about their future Marty" Doc Brown - Back To The Future.

Good Film to.

Hum... Not totaly true... In some cases the game would require an upgrade the orignal design of the game is well set to be able to change settings add classes to its max intended ETC. However yes their are limits. The Cap i dont believe is HARD Caped at Lv 105 thats probly 150 as per the orignal design. they never thought anyone would hit 105 and their are quests ETC for 105+ as well as BHs but 1 they are not active and 2 the new gears will outstrip the Mobs / Bosses.

Some of the above im sure will be added at some point... Updates are being tested all the time we just get them in 1 big pack now. All i would say is Stand ready for the updates and be ready to adapt... Something more people should learn to do.

Corrections:

1.) Even if the game was "upgraded", as you state (which would mean re-hiring Archosaur Studio's staff and re-coding most of the original game), you fail to recognize these key factors:
    -New classes wouldn't fit into the lore
    -Uncapping the cap of level 105 would break everyone's toons. It's been proven by SylenThunder and many others - if you attempt this, you will make the character's unplayable.

2.) There is no level 105+ BHs. You state that "their are quests ETC for 105+ as well as BHS". There are many quests above 105, but they haven't been localized and are the normal "kill x amount" of mobs for no real reason. Bounty Hunter quests are dalies that were added about 7 years after the initial release of Perfect World (PW1), and the quests for 105+ were implemented on release.

3.) A "hard" cap is what is implemented at 105. It is considered a hard cap because it's a brick wall. There isn't a 105 with more than 0.0% exp towards 106, because level 106 'till infinity ceases to exist in all versions of PW2 (including PW-CN, PWI, and all other legal licenses of PW2). You state that it's a soft cap? How-so? That would imply you can reach beyond 105, but it would take so long that it wouldn't be worth it. I don't know anyone beyond 105. How odd.

4.) New features and content will surely be added. That we can agree on. However, the remaining portion of your argument is null, void, lackluster, highly incorrect. We have players who have actually stripped the game's files down to bare-bones and check what each patch contains prior to injection via the patcher. Don't think that you can come up with false statements and not get caught.
    I don't believe level cap cant be increased. I understand that keeping level cap at 105 is a solution for stoping some cheating power level up, but we cant stand aside and look. Lets find a way to stop de cheats and fight for more for the game we like to play honestly.

Dear me. Just read what I wrote to the other poster. You are incorrect and can't properly structure your sentences to compile an argument or legitimate statement.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is beer that expensive?

It adds up manb:sad
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Sejohn - Archosaur
    Sejohn - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I For One Wanna See A More Update In Each toon giving them new skills and as seekers have a continuous aoe why not give the mystic class a continuous aoe and also make the other toons better thn wht thier r now with netter skills
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    EXP table is already set. Game engine also will not be able to support any new races/classes
    Actually... based on everything I have read on the forums...
    1. The level cap itself CAN be increased... It is the XPs needed per level that can NOT be increased.
    2. New classes can be supported, as long as those new classes are within the boundaries of the "character sheets" and game mechanics already present. (This may or may not depend on the information needing to already be in the mess of stuff not implemented yet... so I do not know if they can create new or not... but if they can, such new information must be within those boundaries)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the rummor saying new classes is possible is because dev is too lazy to make it happen, also because PWI company is too cheap and greedy to pay for it
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. The level cap itself CAN be increased... It is the XPs needed per level that can NOT be increased.
    2. New classes can be supported, as long as those new classes are within the boundaries of the "character sheets" and game mechanics already present. (This may or may not depend on the information needing to already be in the mess of stuff not implemented yet... so I do not know if they can create new or not... but if they can, such new information must be within those boundaries)

You bring up a good point on your second bullet. I too would enjoy more classes, but realize that it may not be possible with the current way the game files are set up. If they could use the current "character sheets", it may be possible. But again, this is just speculation by us. Even if it would work, new classes wouldn't really fit into the lore. Then again, bikes, magic carpets, and the EG classes don't really fit into the original game lore.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    198 posts but just 1x lvl 98 within 4 years. You must be more active in fourm than in game. Even a bunch of my chepest alts which lvl just with orbs + bhs are 100+ now (and I always use only the hypers which we get for free).

What does her/his post count have to do with this topic? I agree with him/her about there being more than enough content for this game and it's your own problem if you paid a s h ! t load of money to level fast and then be bored with nothing to do.

I've been playing as long as s/he and I also still haven't hit 100. Hell I haven't even hit level 90, this 86 mystic is the highest I have ever gotten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The whole point remains; level cap will not be increased because they can't do it without breaking our toons. Doesn't matter if it's the level or the EXP they can't increase since in both cases we won't see a level cap raise.

As for classes; meh. I'm already happy with what we have and we have all the basic roles covered. A new class will just be similar to existing classes and then drama will occur for which is better at doing that job.

I'd rather see new skills added and expanding the possibilities of the existing ones.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The turt is, if they add lvl cap up to lvl150, then all r9 players leave the game. Why?. 130lvl weapon(white, from merchant) is better then whole r9 ;). The truth is, PWI is a old game on old engine, so don't expect new things from it. Well play Nerverwinter...or not? ^^
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ofcourse level cap can be increased without wipe.
    If I can do it, why can't they? No need for a wipe anyway, just think logically.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    to be honest you wouldn't rly want a lvl cap much higher than we currently have as certain mechanics for how classes do damage etc would break for example a BM/seeker/barb with GoF weap and 900str, sins/archrs with base crit %in the 80's or higher, it would turn the game into who hits 1st or who's apoc runs out 1st so much stuff would need adding it would just get stupid especially for any1 who try's to remain a f2p purest and b4 quoting private server that "do x this or y that" remember most privates max lvl and max gears/refines/shards etc are available in near 5days after DL game even b4 u take into account any of the customisations they have made to their server,

more content for what we currently have i.e new instances, more alternates for end game weapons and armours so we dont all end up clones and perhaps more ways to customise play style through limited additional skills I think would serve betr to reinvigorate the game for current and old players while keeping accessible to new 1s
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gyroki wrote: »

lol 198 posts is nothing. I have a bit more I think and I'm hardly on forums. And post count has nothing to do with what someone does in game.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LFM Bh General Discussion, PM class and Link post count
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The level cap can be increased without breaking the current game.

Wanmei won't do it for a couple of reasons:

A. "Removed" quests such as old events are not actually removed but set at a level req of 150 to keep it away from players.

B. Some quests end at a level of 105, if not earlier. Changing the level cap would mean altering any quest that ends at 105 and having to change it to the new cap.

C. Genies get derpy when leveling after a certain point. They can still get to level 150, but it will become a problem for players at first, assuming Wanmei doesn't fix them.

D. "?" mobs are really level 150 mobs. Having a demon lvl 120 sin or any sin above 121 would mean sins could dance around ? mobs in stealth.

E. No content to justify it. It already takes forever to get to 105 without goon glitching, and considering PWCN has none of the hypering in frost, there won't be a way to justify raising the cap over there.

Wanmei needs to fix everything before even considering moving the cap up by even one level.
    It only works on the "other" servers because their exp rates are much much higher with everyone ignoring anything pre-100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]