the VIT challenge

Options
PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Are you a purist? Do your eyes widen in shock when you learn that that psy has 200vit? -snip- Then this challenge is for you!!

I could start writing lengthy essays about why vit is good (long story short: we have more attack power now, mag/dex/str points don't give as much attack as you think, especially for pvp with /4 reduction, sure, it's just 10hp per vit point but it's also 5dmg/amg point blahblahblah).

Instead, this is a thread where we won't argue with words, we'll argue with builds. Post a pwcalc link with either minimum (=you'd kick people with gear less than that) decent (=is enough to pve comfortably) or good (=it's more than enough to pve but in no way maxed) builds and I'll (try to) post a vit based build that has same or better offense+defense+heal but it's cheaper.

Prices will be based on DW market.
Minimum example: somehting with 4k hp
Decent build example: a mix of tt99/g15/g16 at around +5
Good build example: g16+8
If you post r9rr+12 josd builds you'll be ignored.

RESULTS:
Vit: 1 Pure: 1

VIT WINS:
the DoT sin by Frighten: http://pwcalc.com/f31f51ee6f587efa
vit mode: http://pwcalc.com/aefe7fdadbd39170
dps: 211k vs 207k, effective hp (m/p): 17k/14.1k vs 13.4k/11.1k
hp gained from bp is a bit less effective it cause the defenses are a bit lower but sparks are better cause hp is (way) higher (Also you get more hp from bp).
in regards of the cost, the rings should be enough to cover the weapon refines but you have great savings from the helm so it's cheaper.

VIT LOSES:
Jarkhen - Archosaur, with the 'glass cannon' wizie: http://pwcalc.com/4511582c450c0333
The trick here is to push refines of the g16 weapon to +7; increasing it more would need a costly orb. In the meantime, this build keeps armor refines to +5 and flawless shards along with cheap ornies, therefore we can't save money by reducing those! a brilliant strategy, sir!
you only purge once #yopo
Post edited by PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sorry, but for me vit means 'no crit' and 'no crit' means 'no good' b:surrender
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Heh. For me, crit means "Ack! Get this monster offa me! I'm gonna die!"

So putting points in vit is doubly an advantage to survival, for me. (Yeah, things change now I've got better gear, I'm considering a restat.)
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You, sir, have clearly never played a straight DD class. At least not well.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I like this potato.

However, while for the majority of players you are correct and vit is the way to go, you can just wait now for the calc builds with maxed out gear where simply the only way to increase damage output is by stating str/dex/mag

and those who reply saying hes wrong, backup your claims with a calc.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    indeed, if you want crit there isn't much I can do. Ofc, for pve = dps you don't need crit specifically. that leaves pvp but there you can't compare builds easily
    (Yeah, things change now I've got better gear, I'm considering a restat.)

since there is such a lack of links I'd love to check you build and figure out if it would be better to restat now or after getting more weapon refines xD
    You, sir, have clearly never played a straight DD class. At least not well.

too many words, too few links. post a link with what you consider an acceptable/good straight DD build. Remember, no builds that cost billions. should I mention how ironic I find hearing about straight DDing from an elven archer?
    I like this potato.

However, while for the majority of players you are correct and vit is the way to go, you can just wait now for the calc builds with maxed out gear where simply the only way to increase damage output is by stating str/dex/mag

at this rate i'd be happy to get any builds at all XD
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just make barb like i did

vit or gtfo

http://pwcalc.com/0abc5946efc0332e
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Roughly my archers build/gear, havent been able to play for a while.
    http://pwcalc.com/db7a7e3d9f05196c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/24a8dabc9d9448e4 me, for reversed challenge. Someone improve me with base vit please :D

(except for the 1missing dex.... working on that.... Although for perfection it would be better to reduce dex to 188, i hate not being able to equip stuff when some equipment breaks or is not swapped in the right order. Thats also the reason i have a little excess str.)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    since there is such a lack of links I'd love to check you build and figure out if it would be better to restat now or after getting more weapon refines xD

The weapon's at +10, so no, refines I can't afford :)

I went with a channel build. It's kinda fun, I'm happy with it. I'll pwcalc it sometime, but I'm on the sidelines here with an admittedly different build.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/24a8dabc9d9448e4 me, for reversed challenge. Someone improve me with base vit please :D

(except for the 1missing dex.... working on that.... Although for perfection it would be better to reduce dex to 188, i hate not being able to equip stuff when some equipment breaks or is not swapped in the right order. Thats also the reason i have a little excess str.)

You're also a barb, and get more benefit out of vit than any other class (not to mention you're a tank class and should have more defenses anyway).

Try your hand at a wizard instead:

http://pwcalc.com/4511582c450c0333
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I approve of this thread. I have a bit of vit in the cleric I never play, though, so I've nothing to post :<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I do stat vit

On the level 40 barb I have lying around

That's it
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    My main cleric is like this http://pwcalc.com/cdb89e8934cd7400
    And my sage barb is like this http://pwcalc.com/8260e89f05a5ac98
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    pwcalc when I can; but the major points of expenditure are:
    A +10 beamhoof slicer.
    Rank 7 top.
    Wings of cloudcatcher.
    The 95 boots of lots of speed whose name I forget.
    G..13? Nirvana TT99 anyway, arms and legs.
    Two main ornament sets - a pair of -6% channel, or a pdef belt and sorcerers pearl.
    tome is a Level2 magic+vit one.
    Helmet is warsoul of heaven.

Most stuff +4-+6, mostly sharded with flawless or immac; half citrine half granet; the arms and legs recently upgraded to morai-perfect-garnet. The sword's sharded with immac sapphire; because the price of -channel stones went crazy vbefore I could snag a pair :(

Stats are 50 vit (82-84 with gear, depending on ornaments)
    24 dex (don't ask)
    54 str (or maybe a bit more or less, I got enough for the rank weapon, but didn't go high rank yet)
    And the remaining magic (372 ish natural, 390 with the right ornaments)

It all kinda accumulated over time. My main aim was to get a drooling amount of channel. And now it seems stuck. I'd be interested in seeing what an expert can do with it.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ima Mystic. I dont mind Vit, but I do see the truth of going Pure Magic, and my Vit is currently +3 without gears.

I was/am (depending on how long it takes), considering gemming with all Vit stones when I finally got my End-game gears. I currently use a combination of Citrine & Garnets anyway, and Vit Gems just seemed like a more efficient way of accomplishing the same goal - raising HP & PDef stats.

I would be interested in knowing if my theory is wrong. I would post a PWCalc, but it hasnt worked for me in a very long time. At one time it did, but then it wouldnt anymore.

Thanks. b:thanks
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ima Mystic. I dont mind Vit, but I do see the truth of going Pure Magic, and my Vit is currently +3 without gears.

I was/am (depending on how long it takes), considering gemming with all Vit stones when I finally got my End-game gears. I currently use a combination of Citrine & Garnets anyway, and Vit Gems just seemed like a more efficient way of accomplishing the same goal - raising HP & PDef stats.

I would be interested in knowing if my theory is wrong. I would post a PWCalc, but it hasnt worked for me in a very long time. At one time it did, but then it wouldnt anymore.

use this
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Wow, that's pretty cool. Thanks alot. I think I need to play with that a bit more, but it seems a combination of Vit and Garnets should be my goal. Very interesting...thanks so much! b:thanks

Played with it - totally wrong 1st time:

20 JOSD
    3 Vit
    1 Citrine

will be interesting to see what it should be when I finally get end-games gear. Nice calculator. +1
    edited July 2013
    Options

eek put 1 dex :b
    here you go http://pwcalc.com/df00d72d1c2ba3f8
    the major "flaw" is using the jones blessing; 15 def levels far outweight 15 attack for defense which allows us to restat all the vit in str with a few extra refines (need 9500 hp). as a result we can drop the weapon's refine; since it's a g16 weapon refining to +8 is pretty expensive so we use those money for the armor.

however, after getting the armor to +7/8 this method won't work as refining the weapon will give way more attack compared to the hp from armor.
    Try your hand at a wizard instead:
    http://pwcalc.com/4511582c450c0333

the only way to save money to refine the weapon higher so we can 'afford' vit is to evaluate the cost of getting those rolls; they are pretty much maxed stats (except hp). That will result in enough coins (for the average case) to refine the weapon to at least +8, maybe even +9 and, since the loss in defenses is pretty minimal, a few vit poitns (~20) are more than enough. However, I won't consider that a valid argument in favor of vit since refining the armor a bit higher instead of rerolling would have the same result.

All in all, Jarkhen WINS! pure-vit 1-0

Of course, I have my reservasions about how good a 5k hp wizzie will be, even in pve. Stating 100 vit would result in 6.5k hp while dropping max mattack from 16,9k to 15,2k. how effective is that? a lvl10 pyrogram would hit for: 100% of
    weapon damage, base magic damage, and 1379.6 damage as Fire damage.

so 37.4k vs 34.2k after 90 attack lvls, almost 9.5% increase in damage versus a 18% increase of hp.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    When I looked at the tooltip for this thread I lol'd IRL. Just wanted you to know that. :P Awesome thread concept.

Then again, it's really going to boil down to "QQ I want moar dmg because I can't stand to be in BH for 10 seconds longer." And as you mentioned, it's all going to come back to the r9s3+12 builds eventually. So... great effort but ultimately futile. There's just no convincing some people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Why are my builds ignored, those are not r999+12 and they realy exists XD
    edited July 2013
    Options
    pwcalc when I can; but the major points of expenditure are:
    A +10 beamhoof slicer.
    Rank 7 top.
    Wings of cloudcatcher.
    The 95 boots of lots of speed whose name I forget.
    G..13? Nirvana TT99 anyway, arms and legs.
    Two main ornament sets - a pair of -6% channel, or a pdef belt and sorcerers pearl.
    tome is a Level2 magic+vit one.
    Helmet is warsoul of heaven.

Most stuff +4-+6, mostly sharded with flawless or immac; half citrine half granet; the arms and legs recently upgraded to morai-perfect-garnet. The sword's sharded with immac sapphire; because the price of -channel stones went crazy vbefore I could snag a pair :(

Stats are 50 vit (82-84 with gear, depending on ornaments)
    24 dex (don't ask)
    54 str (or maybe a bit more or less, I got enough for the rank weapon, but didn't go high rank yet)
    And the remaining magic (372 ish natural, 390 with the right ornaments)

It all kinda accumulated over time. My main aim was to get a drooling amount of channel. And now it seems stuck. I'd be interested in seeing what an expert can do with it.

Alright, should be something like this http://pwcalc.com/9541ccfe89f4850a
    Alas, you reached the point where you can't really improve if you don't sacrifice the beamhoof slicer. must have costed an arm and a leg to get back then; all those badges... let alone the +10. Any g16+3 weapon, while having around the same mag attack will give you 40 attack levels which will give you a pretty good boost to your attack. Note that your heals won't be better so you are healing it would be better to switch to beamhoof for the extra chan. You might get -3% chan on the weapon but for more it will be quite hard. Since you can't sell BS that will result in a net loss of 15m for the tt99 gold, 250 raps and around 6-7m for g16 assuming you farm the badges. On the bright side you can probably stat a ton of vit, have the same dmg and wear the -chan ornies more.

However, I'd keep the weapon as it is and go for a cheap and pretty good improvement: g16ing the pants+arms. since you have the tt99 g13 you only need 300 uncanies (cheap with NW) and then for just 10m if you farm the badges you get the g16 2 piece set: 500hp along with really nice stats. alas, you lose 5 attack levels and -3% chan.

All in all, I think that you can solo a pavilion (i'd try metal or fire) so try joining WS runs to farm badges!

vit stones on DW are around 45m. A full set of vit stones will cost you 6*3 = 18 stones -> 810m and will give you 1800hp plus some pdef and mdef

on the other hand, +12'ing the weapon from +10 will cost 150+300 = 450m.
    then you can shard p.citrines at 3.5m each so 63m, total 510m
    that will allow you to restat around 85 points in vit:
    pure: http://pwcalc.com/521bec1bb4154445
    vit: http://pwcalc.com/30cfb2afc5ee4e41
    and the citrines will give you 18*62 = 1116 hp
    5156 9479 5496 10099
    so it's 95 vit = 950hp + 300pdef + 600mdef (assuming something like 5k pdef 10k mdef) versus 1116 hp for a cost of 300m

I think you can get a bit more than 300pdef, 600mdef -150hp for 300m!
    edited July 2013
    Options
    When I looked at the tooltip for this thread I lol'd IRL. Just wanted you to know that. :P Awesome thread concept.

Then again, it's really going to boil down to "QQ I want moar dmg because I can't stand to be in BH for 10 seconds longer." And as you mentioned, it's all going to come back to the r9s3+12 builds eventually. So... great effort but ultimately futile. There's just no convincing some people.

hehe thanks. b:chuckle ikr, but in any case i'm kinda of a build junkie so.. xD
    Why are my builds ignored, those are not r999+12 and they realy exists XD

well, they are vit builds; the idea is that the purists post pure builds and I make more efficient vit buildsb:chuckle should I try to get more vit points in your builds or try to make more efficient pure builds? D:
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You also ignored mine and its not vit! I am archer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

There are many factors that add to survival in this game, here are a few that vit proponents like to ignore:

* Kill before they have a chance
    * Kill before boss starts hitting harder
    * Kill before next group of mobs comes in RB
    * Heal strong enough to overcome dmg
    * Defense requires less rate or recovery for HP
    * More BP heal from more dmg

I stay out of the argument for vit on Barbs, but any other class -lol. People really just need to learn to play their class rather than blame their HP for everything. I see many an arcane in AoE range of BH SoT boss die repeatedly. I see many a fool run through the first part of Aba w/o buffs or timing of the balls. Vit shouldn't be a cover for stupid.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You also ignored mine and its not vit! I am archer!

oh sorry, I missed that. you have tt80 gold; that's quite expensive and also bound so you can't resell it. instead you could get a few molds, tt80 greens, 2/3* and fc gear which is pretty cheap and then stat some vit; refine the weapon to +5 to cover the damage lost.
    tweakz wrote: »
    There are many factors that add to survival in this game, here are a few that vit proponents like to ignore:

* Kill before they have a chance
    the problem is that damage, especially for spellcasters, is not continuous. you might hit for 6k versus 5k of a vit build but that doesn't matter if you have to get 8k hp: you still need two hits. of course that doesn't apply in corner cases (10k to 12k hp) and stuff nike barbs.
    * Kill before boss starts hitting harder
    so... snake? perhaps stuff like djin?
    are you suggesting that you need a pure g16 build to kill them?
    we were killing those long before 40 attack levels of g16...

* Kill before next group of mobs comes in RB
    is this a joke? delta is 90% waiting mobs, 10% killing. even with my g16+3, 200vit psy as the strongest DD we killed mobs before the next wave.
    * Heal strong enough to overcome dmg
    pretty sure that if we could go around with tt99 green/gold+5 clerics we are overhealed with g16+10 even if they are 200vit
    * Defense requires less rate or recovery for HP
    applies on pots, heals but not charms. vit also gives a decent amount of def.
    * More BP heal from more dmg
    true.

I stay out of the argument for vit on Barbs, but any other class -lol

It's really unfortunate that you miss the point: a vit build can have the same attack and defense (if not more) with a pure build. we are not comparing a full g16+10 build pure vs vit; we are comparing stuff like g16 amor+10 weapon+11 vit build versus g16 armor+10 weapon+10 pure build. or the same with aps gear. feel free to post a link. but here are my answers in case we are comparing same gear

in the end, you say that 10hp per vit point is useless. have you calculated how much dmg you deal per mag point? how much is it? you might be surprised, especially when you consider the pvp reduction/boss reduction ;)

about sot: crystals make defenses pretty pointless
    aba is just a matter of holy pathing the right moment and using a mdef base pot
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just make barb like i did

vit or gtfo

http://pwcalc.com/0abc5946efc0332e

I have no clue about barb builds but my nose started bleeding when i saw that HP :O

Also, if i remember right some years ago when pure builds were extreme popular you didnt got a nice defense boost when adding VIT. Or atleast, they didnt gave you any information about that while adding it. Just that VIT increases your HP and HP recovery and nothing about attack/defense increase as well.

I was always curious if there are any high lvl Vit-Sins, i never saw one. Just wondering if that amount of HP really is worth the cost of damage you loose
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    eek put 1 dex :b
    here you go http://pwcalc.com/df00d72d1c2ba3f8
    the major "flaw" is using the jones blessing; 15 def levels far outweight 15 attack for defense which allows us to restat all the vit in str with a few extra refines (need 9500 hp). as a result we can drop the weapon's refine; since it's a g16 weapon refining to +8 is pretty expensive so we use those money for the armor.

however, after getting the armor to +7/8 this method won't work as refining the weapon will give way more attack compared to the hp from armor.

I use both blessings ofc. I use the defence level one when tiger or in APSing when needed, the attack level one where defence is not needed. So dont touch the blessing please b:laugh

Other than that i dont know what you all did besides changing a +8 to +5 and for than changing not only another +5 to +8, but increasing 2 other refines as well but its ok :). I extensively tested vit and weapon refines vs str and armor refines and vit+weapon refines won by a landslide. This espescially gets big if you activate triple spark. (which is obviously pretty much the standard when attacking with fists)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Here's one too.

b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have no clue about barb builds but my nose started bleeding when i saw that HP :O

Also, if i remember right some years ago when pure builds were extreme popular you didnt got a nice defense boost when adding VIT. Or atleast, they didnt gave you any information about that while adding it. Just that VIT increases your HP and HP recovery and nothing about attack/defense increase as well.

I was always curious if there are any high lvl Vit-Sins, i never saw one. Just wondering if that amount of HP really is worth the cost of damage you loose

That build does not exist in PWI.

Vit multiplies your defenses by a tiny amount.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0