What would it take for you to pk?

Options

Comments

• ShadowIH - Raging Tide
    ShadowIH - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I will never PK, since it is non-ethical for me .

Edit:

Can't change avatar being level 83.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Interested in truth, then.

About the only thing that would get me to do white name PK,
    would be a sudden drop in self esteem.

And that is just not going to happen. lol
    also I play this game for fun, when i want full PK I play FPS or MOBA games.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Can't say I didn't see a post like that coming since all those two seem to do all the time in world chat is brag about how they pk peoples butts off.....
    b:surrender

1. I only wc about Team Meatsauce (which is gg)

2. It actually was a joke cuz Kevin's MY BOY even though I can pwn his **** all day everyday b:laugh

3. Kevin wcs because if NO ONE STROKES THEIR EPEEN THEN NO ONE IS GOING TO ATTEMPT TO CUT OFF THAT EPEEN which = No PK/boring server kinda like how RT, DW and HT are b:laugh

4. Team Meatsauce #1 all day everyday 24/7

5. Sup Connc- I mean sup Zheii b:shutup
  • Griev - Dreamweaver
    Griev - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    where is the "Never" Option ?
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Not having to worry of losing items and Charms being dirt cheap b:bye
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well me and my Wife Mrs_Mav PK all the time and we dominate the server side by side. I think all the PVE scrubs are just too Poor and dumb to farm/merchant OR cash shop to get decent gear to PVP. Its not that hard really instead they QQQQQQQQ in sz or go blue name while me and my wife plant them in West Gate Dirt.b:bye

LOL who are you no name cleric? Getting killed by lesser geared noobs and qqing for me to purge!
    Go back LoL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    For me it's more about the stress involved with PK. I'd hate the feeling of having to be on guard. I quest and grind all the time so being stuck in PK mode when I trying to do that does not seem like fun (which is why I play). I do TW and NW and that fulfills any PvP urges I have. Plus the drama involved is terrible. I have no need to go into PK mode just to stroke the "ego" of some guy with inadequacy issues. Which lets face it, is what the majority of PK is about.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    while initially I was thinking no item drop+switch to blue immediately+no hours I realised that the main reason I want to turn pk off is due to item drop so... I think that no item drop would be ok for me. But no waiting 10h just for going in pk would be really nice
    Other: take off exp loss on death

you don't lose exp if you die in pk... at least last time i checked XD
    Honestly, I will never PK, since it is non-ethical for me.

is it ethical for you to kill animals, often in a way that tortures them? (e.g. multiple hits, freazing/burning)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    PvE servers are an intervention of Westernization.
    There are no "PvE servers" in the CN version of the game.

There are no "PvP servers" either. There is just the game. Those who joined PvE servers opted to sit out of a portion of the games content, completely altering their perceptions, views, and complaint lists.

We don't have a KS'ing problem on my server.
    We kill bots in Heaven/Hell
    We have active pvp at assault on archosaur, Tiger Event, and any popular map locations such as Guild Base Quest.

As far as I'm concerned, the people on PvE servers complaining about people not "going white name" are equivalent to a mob of people heading into a library and protesting that it is quiet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't PK simply because I don't feel comfortable killing other people, even if it's in a game. After all, the monsters are the enemy in this game, not the players. For me, it would feel like shooting a random stranger that passes me on the street.

For me to PvP the game would have to be completely different, a bit like it was when it started. I would PvP if it was more like duels and basically every requirement you mentioned on your poll was met. Everyone would then be in PvP mode, so that the lowbies could also duel and there wouldn't be any PvE or PvP servers. The way things are right now I'm never going to PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If you do not believe that anything will ever convince you to world PvP, do you think you can explain why? I would appreciate it!

Like other people have already said here, it is because of the fact that, it brings out the worst in people 99.9% of the time;
    Drama, bullying, lack of respect, exaggerated competitiveness, name calling, shaming and stress.
    As if there's not enough of that in real life already...

It all goes like a vicious cycle; if you PvP, you are obviously a jerk with little or no real life preoccupations; if you don't PvP, you are obviously a coward and a lazy, poor person that can't afford pixels to save their virtual life.
    Thus, flame wars on both sides commence endlessly. Pan Gu help us all.

I do not partake in such activities to spare myself the fret.
    I play as a way to relax, as a hobby, not to feel as if I have a bounty reward over my character's head.
    I don't feel like I need to prove myself or my abilities to anyone in the game, PvP wise, so that is why I am not considering it in the future if the system would be revamped either.

The greatest joy and challenge will always remain for me PvE.
    And in the end, it all comes down to the good ol' saying... As long as it harms none, do as you will.

Maybe there will come a day when people will take PKing each other lightly, when they might realize that just because they don't know the person on the other end of the screen doesn't mean they are entitled to cause harm, when they will be fair for the sake of a good, balanced fight for all parties involved...
    But that day is not today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Nation War PK is pretty much perfect for me. No drama, because everyone who is there, is there to fight. There's even an (imperfect) attempt at a handicap system.

What I need, then, is for it to not only be at stupid o'clock.

Balance fixes, so that it's not constantly "Oh, I got stunlocked by that class, and one-shot by those guys; but these guys are my prey, I eat them." - which is incredibly dull, would be a good idea.

For open-world PK... um.. nothing. Nope. I chose a PVE server. I don't ever want to be attacked out of the blue; that's just not fun to me. (And stealth makes that a hundred times worse.)
  • snakecrow
    snakecrow Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    PvE servers are an intervention of Westernization.
    There are no "PvE servers" in the CN version of the game.

There are no "PvP servers" either. There is just the game. Those who joined PvE servers opted to sit out of a portion of the games content, completely altering their perceptions, views, and complaint lists.

We don't have a KS'ing problem on my server.
    We kill bots in Heaven/Hell
    We have active pvp at assault on archosaur, Tiger Event, and any popular map locations such as Guild Base Quest.

As far as I'm concerned, the people on PvE servers complaining about people not "going white name" are equivalent to a mob of people heading into a library and protesting that it is quiet.

Quoted for Truth
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Others :

Main reason I never go white name is that 1 idiot can take out all the fun for me. To bad, there are way to many of those. I've played a game with only a pvp server before, and though the game was nice, I quit because I couldn't do shiit without some funny guy 30+ lvls higher constantly 1 shooting me.

So, maybe if there was a system that avoids getting attacked by someone way stronger I would give it a try. Then there is the drama around it, and childish ganks. On top of that, 1vs1 isn't really fun or interesting imo. I prefer group pvp with a goal other then simply kill everyone, like TW or NW, and like them most if the forces are +/- balanced between both sides.

So I doubt I'd ever go white named. Some option to have pk enabled only with friends/faction would be the only tempting thing for me. Something like a permanent duel option that doesn't negate charms etc.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

and that's what happens to your brain if you are in a pvp serverb:bye
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Only reason Kitty goes to PK-mode ish to punish noobs that have been meanies. Those times Kitty of course takes Guardian Scrolls with her since Kitty doesn't want to drop her valuable gears. This far a certain noobish barbarian and a sin have been killed by Kitty, first one for insulting Kitty and later one for killing lowbies and taking their gears. Otherwise Kitty doesn't PK outside NW or TW. Usually Kitty gets ppls, who had done badly in their FCing times and Kitty killed for that, punished in NW.

Of course it's fun to give a lvl 30 alt as a punching bag to west gaters, Kitty did that a lot when her alts were low-lvl.f:cute

E: Forgot that there was once some bad BM and seeker in FC, luckily in PK-mode, when Kitty was on her wizzie. They had got Kitty's wizzie killed multiple times by being noob. Kitty killed them after heads. Never anger a wizzie.f:fume
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Hanzal - Dreamweaver
    Hanzal - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What would get me to PK...? A totally different game, that's what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm not really interested in pk. I play the game for... the game. To me RPGs are about building something up, taking it from a pissant to a god. PvP costs alot of money in charms, genie, apos, GAs, and time that I could be using to instead build my character.

When I go white named I usually do it with safety lock so I don't have to burn money on scrolls. This means 3 days of inconvenience whenever I relog/dc. I then avoid some farming areas because I afk alot and don't want to be killed while farming, so I lose money there.

Also, pk is just straight up boring for me. There is very little variation between most pvpers and it gets repetitive. Sometimes someone uses an anti-stun early and get lucky and wins, other times they reserve a skill and it gets them killed. Not a huge variation. Even spamming Nirvana for 10 hours straight is more interesting, diversified, and intense then most pk imo.

So I'll pop pk occasionally as an interesting aside, but after 15-20 minutes I'm bored with it and I have to wait for white name/infamy to go away and it effects my next 24 hours of game play for that "I think I'll pk for a bit" 20 mins. Since I'm in two TW factions (mostly for the active pve farmers, lol) and get 3-4 TWs a week, and 1 NW a week, that more than satisfies my TW urges.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This game have a terrible PVP system, with R9 and above, insane attack/defense level boost from equips is even worse. As Hanzel said, another game. I used to actively play tactics arena, which is pure pvp. I play this game for pve.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Waiting for max gear for PvP.

Even then I will prolly be the **** that everyone wants to gank. (Mainly cuz I think PvP should be aggressive.)

Fine with PvE. b:bye
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I'd say a better community and none of that childish PK drama. But then again, even on another game where PvP brings exp and stuff without big drama, I don't find myself taking part often. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I go PK mode because it's virtually impossible to do well in Lycaeum blue named.

Other than that, I'm pretty much perma-blue named.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    PK is garbage, I see no fun in it, credit card always wins!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well, I dont need to recieve them for FREE, but I would need to be able to 'rent' them for 15 - 20 $ a month. b:surrender b:chuckle

Being on a PvE server, I find that most who PK dont drop much anyway, usually. Everything, even in many cases their Tome, is bound. Some, who are drunk or w/e and forget to stash their stuff, DO lose stuff. *shrugs*

Anyway, Im hardly a challenge to anyone with Top End-game gears, without having reasonable access to them.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I didn't vote in this poll because there was no "Nothing would make me PvP" option.

I play for fun. I play a relaxed game where I'm not panicked about attaining the highest level gear possible, and I am one of the few that enjoys questing and grinding.

Like someone else pointed out, it is all about the attitude of certain people. Sure, lots of people are very nice, but you will never get a game where everyone is very nice. So that would mean that questing and grinding would never be fun and relaxed because there would always be jerks around killing the questers just because they could. You would always have to be watching your back, and something that was once relaxing and fun would become stressful.

I'm just not someone who is cut out for PvP. I'm an emotional person and when people repeatedly kill me for no reason other than they enjoy watching the suffering of others (this is why I had to quit running Cube), I get frustrated and upset. I'd never play a game that didn't have a PvE option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I mostly PVE now. Back before the power-creep, I used to PvP quite a bit. My main reason for not doing it now is the gear imbalance, and overall cost. I'm not going to spend loads of money on hear, endless hours farming it, or loads of cash/coin on scrolls.

Also, aside from just killing your opponent, there is really no reward. Rankings are ****, and half the people you kill will QQ because they weren't intelligent enough to prepare themselves for the fight, or the resulting actions of losing.

On PVE servers, PvP is now basically a bunch of over-geared people, and barely half of them even know how to play their toons properly. For over two years now, it's just been pretty damn pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • looken
    looken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    As some ppl stated, credit card always wins, no fun in it. I dont see the point either than showing your e-peen.

And like 95% of the pvp'ers is this kind of kids with their parents credit cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-aI7JhWHcI
  • Zoteev - Sanctuary
    Zoteev - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    NW is the only reason why I PK atm.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I would bother with it again under these conditions (even though I sometimes turn it on since simply purging someones buffs pisses them off as if you killed them....)

1. there must be new trade ready gear that can be farmed in a new instance that equals the R9 releases each time they make one

2. there must be a way to get said gear other than nation war (Warsoul stage 2)

3. Genie skills need to be revamped

4. Purify proc on weapons needs to be watered down or added for everyone in the form of a utility slot item... as a result of everyone having it cool down of all skills should not exceed 1 minute....

now that I am done with my ridiculous request that will never happen enjoy the rest of the thread!
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I personally don't care for the the attitudes of PKers. Not just here but in any game. There are enough a-holes in RL. I'm not gonna deal with them virtually too. b:chuckle What would it take for me to pk? Well maybe if the whole world grew up all at once xD