What would it take for you to pk?

Zsw - Dreamweaver
Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
This is a question directed towards the people who PVE. Despite the fact that this is a PvP related question, I strongly feel that this should remain in General Discussion. This is because the target audience of this survey is those who do NOT PvP. People who do NOT PvP will not check the PvP Section! D:

Please consider it. b:thanks
Thank you!

Hello,

I just want to quickly ask everyone who only PvE and has not yet, or will never enter white name PK Mode: What would it take for you to go White named? (Check all that applies)

If you do not believe that anything will ever convince you to world PvP, do you think you can explain why? I would appreciate it!

I am asking this because I am curious and wish to understand the opinion of the PvE player base.

Thank you!

Please note that this question is focused on World PK, aka White Name mode. I believe that NW is an entirely different environment from World PK. For this thread, I wish to focus mainly on world PK.
Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
Post edited by Zsw - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't get to take part in the poll QQ
    /AlwaysWhiteNamed

(coming from a PvPer) I believe one of the main reasons PvE players never go white is because of the attitude that goes along with PK, the dickheads who farm you or the OP geared douches that are out there just for KC's.
    The Trolling/Flaming and just downright hate and abuse, It's silly but it's also scary to those who don't know how to deal with it.

To successfully PvP you need to learn to laugh at those who decide that today is the day to farm you until you never want to look at your K/D ratio ever again, or call "GANK!!" every time you kill them and then manage to QQ for the next 3 hours straight.
    And I understand the attitude of players who don't want to deal with that ****.

(Nobody saw my fail ninja edit there <,< >,>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    Other!

I'm a PKer myself, and I'm pretty much permapk mode. But I'll answer as a PvEer - i.e, the situations when I most enjoy the fight.

I'd go PK if I got equal gear for every single person I fought. i.e, if I was 1v1ing, I'd want gear on equal tier with that other person.
    This is different from wanting max gear, because you don't 1shot everyone except those also with maxed out gear. I would imagine myself with a gear set that calculated the average soulforce of my opponents, then reconfigured itself automatically.

I tend to find myself PKing on an intellectual level. I dislike losing to others simply because of imbalanced gear. 1v1ing with balanced gear gives me an opportunity to defeat the idiots that told me how terrible I was. And, in the occassion that I do lose, I know that I was defeated fairly and thus can learn from my mistakes (as it is more difficult to find your mistakes when you get 1shotted).

Of course, this is completely different from mass PK. If I had to participate in group PvP, I would max gear for 1shotting everyone with ease. GG.

This is a most excellent thread by PWI's resident redname Baboon!
    GG, Zsw!

f:meh
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    other: If I never quit this game

keep it up showing DW how sin is supposed to play thoughb:mischievous
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What would it take for ME to PK? It would require everyone to start using the word GG which is pretty gg.

On a serious note PWI is like a FAMILY GAME and not a hardcore PK game and family mofos don't know how to deal with trolling/flaming like what Co- I mean Zheii's talking about.

Too many 25+ year old people with NO mechanical skills WHATSOEVER tryna PK hardcore and they get farmed by the asians b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What would it take for ME to PK? It would require everyone to start using the word GG which is pretty gg.

On a serious note PWI is like a FAMILY GAME and not a hardcore PK game and family mofos don't know how to deal with trolling/flaming like what Co- I mean Zheii's talking about.

Too many 25+ year old people with NO mechanical skills WHATSOEVER tryna PK hardcore and they get farmed by the asians b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh

Here is my answer as a 25+ year old with no family b:cute

My main experience of people who are white named on RT is dismal at best. Whilst there are probably many who are ok when white named there are too many who act like total idiots. My idea of having fun in the game does not include someone using me to inflate their e-peen (otherwise passed off a trolling by those who wish to use that word as an excuse for their bad behaviour)

Meh it is the nature of pk..it brings out the worst in some people...not something I like to be around. b:victory
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    b:pleased__Glad you made it multiple choice, because you had quite the well thought out list of reasons there for your question__b:victory
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pretty much I would always be in PK mode if I didn't have to safety lock or have guardian scrolls to save dropping my gear; admittedly most of my gear is bound, but some is not, and I don't fancy losing it.

Not that PK is particularly good on my server, but sometimes it might be fun to join in.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i voted on this poll tho im whitenamed constantly (mostly for the ability to hit NPCs outside sz for chi)b:chuckle I find it constantly annoying that r9s and higher geared ppl will just decide to farm u to get their K/D ratio or their KC up.(for the ppl on archo server u know who im talking about) for ppl like me who cant afford charms constantly or just generally suck at pk its hard to go outside sz into areas where ppl are. + dropping stuff is annoying as hellb:cry
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A thread I can write a mini-essay for? Awesome.

Voted: other.

There would have to be some MAJOR changes to PvP for me to participate in it. The main problem I have with PvP is that I view it as harassment. It is nothing more than a continuous and unnecessary obstacle to obtaining my goal(s) in-game.

Duels I can tolerate as they are meant to test your strength/prowess/settle a score from that time.

I just don't see the appeal of beating up and getting beat up by others in a MMO. My views have not changed after participating in Territory War and getting 1-shot left and right. I'm supposed to find this fun and exciting outside of TW?

PvP has never and will never be a selling point for me for any game. I'm all about that "let's work together to tackle this!" PvP feels more like every man for himself.

PvP needs some level of... I don't know the right word, sportsmanship I guess? If I were so OP I could 1-3 shot anyone I fight it would cease to be fun for me very quickly. If I'm going to PK I will do it because I have the skills to do so and wish to enjoy the fights with other like-minded individuals. My deaths will prove otherwise but at least I gave it my best.

If there were harsh penalties for killing people that do not fight back or are MUCH weaker than you it might catch my interest. Until then, I'll stay in my PvE corner of the map.
    foxy alone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I dislike all the drama and the mentality a lot of those with great gear have. That's the thing about nation wars, I barely ever run into that type of drama. IT's anonymous, and besides some really terrible sins or lopsided battles nobody is there trying to farm me. They are trying to win the battle. They try after the war is over but then I can just hit back to base. There are people I can easily kill, people who are pretty evenly matched and it comes down to skill, and people who easily kill me. The people who are can easily kill me aren't making it their mission to pad their counts, and are pretty easy to avoid. And the rest of the good battles are fun and interesting. I like not knowing whether I will win or lose, that's part of the fun of competition.

If you go PK before you are maxed gears, you'll probably be farmed by people who don't understand self control. And if you fight those people back at all, they will claim you had to ask permission and use that as a reason to make you KOS. Happened to me a the few times I decided to do it on my sin. The people not treating me that way, largely were either easily killed by me, or we were unable to finish our fight because someone else with better gear interfered. Was super lame. And when you do have max gears all the trash talk I constantly see and faction fighting makes me dislike the whole aspect of it altogether. I had the chance to have those types of gears, and I chose not to get them because they were not needed for PvE and I didn't want to get involved in all that drama. I was also briefly in a small TW faction, and it was the same story. Too much drama in fac chat, and bh squads, and while I was running around from people I didn't even know. NW is mostly drama free. :P That's why I like it, despite the fact that more people go that can kill being I'm a low level, than I can kill.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you do not believe that anything will ever convince you to world PvP, do you think you can explain why? I would appreciate it!.

It just doesn't interest me, at all. I don't consider it fun. If PWI had no dedicated PvE servers, I wouldn't play the game at all.

Leaving aside the obviously huge divides especially in lvl 99+/100+ gear...

I want to be able to go out into the map, any map, no matter what level I am or what gear I have, and grind for hours or do quests, or just goof around, without having to constantly look over my shoulder or run for the nearest safe zone as soon as another green dot appears on the mini-map.

I play this game to relax, not to have some fool following me around either laughing at me because they one-shot/ganked me, or whining at me because the gank attempt failed, and PWI seems full of those kinds of people. "Drama" doesn't even begin to describe the aeon-long pissing contests I've seen on WC.

So in the vein of that... there's nothing that *can* be done to get me into white name.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think most people will end picking free endgame max stats for free since its applicable outside of pvp too? I mean most non pkers are people who can't afford GS and Charms and get butthurt that they get 1 shot by someone who has better gear than them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Only went white named once and that was when a friend and I were messing around.....about 3 years ago.....

I see no value nor point in just going into pk mode and pking for the hell of it. To me it's a waste of time and coin. It's bad enough that I hear boasting and egos getting out of hand on world chat. Most I will do are duels and Nation Wars (that one was actually fun till the map got changed). If others enjoy it, that's fine. I'll stick to my own business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • TuffPuppy - Morai
    TuffPuppy - Morai Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would go PK if everybody that turned to pk would get the same gears instand. Soo it would only matters how skilled u are. But allas that would cost PWI to much money soo i know it will never happen. NW would be a nice place to introduce it tho.
  • _omegis_ - Sanctuary
    _omegis_ - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some of it is dropping gear, some of it is the gear difference now. I tried to fight a R999 wiz in NW, fully buffed I hit 300, purged him and I hit 700. He's got 15k hp unbuffed. Not going to happen..and I had R9+10.

It's pointless as a DD class if I can't deal any damage. If I get to play a support (cleric, veno, etc) it might be fun with the level of gear I have, but I don't, so NTY until I gear up.

edit: wrong char oops
  • AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary
    AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cheaper Charm sales. Gold price has dropped recently to about 1.3-1.4m a pop. That means charms are still costing 3.9-4.2m each. I already go through at least 2 every weekend just from NW and TW, and I'm still trying to gear up. Haven't made my r9r bow 3rd cast yet because I can't afford oceans to at least +10 it. Don't wanna lose +12 refine and run around with +7. I don't CS. I farm when I can, and I merch a little too. Most of the constant PK'ers on Sanc are CS'ers, so I guess they can afford the charms.
    Name: AsMyliuTave
    Race: Winged Elf
    Class: Archer
    Spiritual Cultivation: Celestial Sage
    Level: 104-103-101
    Faction: Vindicate (Executor)
    Server: Sanctuary
    pwcalc.com/1c41e0adfdadd9f9
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well me and my Wife Mrs_Mav PK all the time and we dominate the server side by side. I think all the PVE scrubs are just too Poor and dumb to farm/merchant OR cash shop to get decent gear to PVP. Its not that hard really instead they QQQQQQQQ in sz or go blue name while me and my wife plant them in West Gate Dirt.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've never PK-ed but I really want to.

I hate PK because I really don't want to lose the gear I have. I mean, it's my gear, obviously I'll need it.

But at the same time PK is awesome because it's different from fighting AI. AI (even the new revamped Hellfire ROAR) is coded, and is meant to run things a certain set way, that you know how to work around with practice.

VS Human players however, is a totally different playing field. It would help me (or anyone) really learn their toon. So I don't know. My choice is "if I never drop items", I'd be perma PK mode.

I mean aren't there enough farming instances already. I'm not some mob walking around waiting to be farmed, ya know?! LOL.

Seriously though, I hope to PK.... Some day. I don't know if the day will come.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, for me it's just the 10 hour timer ****. I enjoy PK, but I don't want to have to sign up for that all day just because I felt like it for a short period of time. Life happens. Sometimes I have to run off and do something but want to leave my characters flying afk in the background because transportation in PWI is terrible. When that happens, I don't want to have to say "Hmm... has it been ten hours, or am I going to have to worry about some idiot trying to get a free kill?"

It's a big enough annoyance to remove my desire to ever actually go into PK mode again. It's not worth it. I play a game to -play a game-, not to give me something else to worry about in the back of my mind when I'm preoccupied with other things.

If the concern is PKers running off and swapping out mid-fight, why not just make it 10 minutes from the last time you had swords? Is there ever a situation where ten minutes have gone by completely PK free yet somehow you're still involved in a fight? I highly doubt it.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well me and my Wife Mrs_Mav PK all the time and we dominate the server side by side. I think all the PVE scrubs are just too Poor and dumb to farm/merchant OR cash shop to get decent gear to PVP. Its not that hard really instead they QQQQQQQQ in sz or go blue name while me and my wife plant them in West Gate Dirt.b:bye

KEVIN YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD I FARM YOU ALL DAY EVERYDAY 24/7 b:laugh Nah, but on a serious note GIVE ME R9RR +5 and I come back to RT gg b:laugh
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like some here, I don't PK the only chance I get is NW and that is no big deal considering I don't drop gears, only thing worrying is Pots which again no big deal. I'm not into it. The trash talking drama is overrated and dull to begin with. I'll favor friends who do PK and tell me about it and try to encourage me but I don't have interest in it and sure people can say 'You're just scared', not really, I sit outside the gates to watch it and I enjoy the fighting because it makes me want to be a better, stronger player and that's a good thing, but most of all when I see PK, it just tells me how highly bored they are of the game (grant its likely not THAT true and just good usual fun) and this is especially coming from a PVE server.

I laugh at the fact that there is PK-trash-talking in a PVE server. Everyone tries to one-up each other when again we are in a PVE server . I'm sure the pk in an actual pvp server is very exciting, I wouldn't mind watching it myself but I just don't have it in me and there is nothing wrong with it. I'm obviously not as geared for it nor am I rushing, so if I do PK I'll try when the interest hits me.

So i picked: Dropping gears, waiting period (which means, I WOULD try PK)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Athrel - Raging Tide
    Athrel - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    KEVIN YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD I FARM YOU ALL DAY EVERYDAY 24/7 b:laugh Nah, but on a serious note GIVE ME R9RR +5 and I come back to RT gg b:laugh

Can't say I didn't see a post like that coming since all those two seem to do all the time in world chat is brag about how they pk peoples butts off.....
    b:surrender

On Topic: Give me a million dollars and I'll pk.b:pleased
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Can't say I didn't see a post like that coming since all those two seem to do all the time in world chat is brag about how they pk peoples butts off.....
    b:surrender

Dude, he was kidding o.O'
    = "Nah seriously"
    Unless you didn't read that part...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Athrel - Raging Tide
    Athrel - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Dude, he was kidding o.O'
    = "Nah seriously"
    Unless you didn't read that part...?

If it was a joke it was the first one I've heard outside of a pm.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think all the PVE scrubs are just too Poor and dumb to farm/merchant OR cash shop to get decent gear to PVP.

^

Like my post before, not everyone is interested in the PK, not everyone wants to feed your ego when it comes to it (not just you, but those who have this similar attitude which makes my interest for pk smaller and smaller). Dumb to farm/merchant for decent gear --- last I checked I actually work to get my gears without using real money like several others do. Soooo don't know why I would need to go white named just to get your approval. I know I know, you need new blood to make your head bigger. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If it was a joke it was the first one I've heard outside of a pm.

What's that? Little Timmy fell down a well? And a random psy oneshot him when he was climbing back out? BUT DID HE DROP HIS GEAR?!

Yeah, we have enough of this passive aggression in the PK clusters, forums don't really need it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually enjoy PvP but what turns me off from PK is the kind of people that PK on my server. It usually comes down to drama, trash talking, "bullying" and all sort of things. Even if I had top tier gear, I think I'd still stay away from PKing.

I prefer TWs and NWs, although I can't participate in those often due to timezone, because it's usually less drama-involved since everyone's focusing on the goal of winning and people co-operate with each other etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All the people bishing about dropping gear/items, either bind the damn stuff or put it in your bank if it's that valuable. Damn, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I voted other: I'd prefer that it not be possible to be 1-shot by other players, or at least alter the system so that everyone can have a fighting chance. I used to pvp and had fun when I could fight someone else 1v1 and have it last for a while, since it was more of a contest of skill than of gear.

Having tried NW twice since i got back, it is beyond frustrating for someone to kill you without having the chance to land a hit on them or fight back. There's nothing fun about respawning, going to fight, and being killed again in 1 hit. Losses in pvp should at least somewhat involve skill, as that gives both players room to improve. If one player consistently 1-shots the other, neither player is learning anything.
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Other: take off exp loss on death and get rid of bound items/guardian scrolls.. pk is meant to be profitable... for example r9 gears u cud just as easily drop them and game turn in to coins for killer.. and make that dead person get it all over again... that way there wud be any real reason to do it. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close