Nation Wars Hacking

Options
_Dominus_ - Heavens Tear
_Dominus_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Hello i was in nation wars last night and i was in light nation everything was fine in the begining and then all of the sudden flame was invading inside our base and now i ask how can ppl do that? How can pwi staff and gms allow this ? It just makes things so unbalanced i toughted only light nation was allowed to go there not rival nations? How come on the other games owned by perfect world entertainment have anti hacking system and this one not? Make it fair for everyone for God sake . I think its time to bring Anti hacking system to this game aswell . Do something gms and staff we are the ppl who make ur game alive and you dont even respond to our thickets you dont listen to your players . You keep doing things wrong . Pls do it right bring some sorta of protection to your players . I think you guys should investigate this nation wars issues aswell the spam bots .

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q506/akane20102/2013-07-2705-19-25_zps975f1d74.png

now my question to all of you .

Should PWI have anti hacking systems? Yes or No?
b:surrender
Post edited by _Dominus_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Interesting, because I saw something like this earlier in NW as well. Made me do a double take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That's pretty much some type of bug which peeps are exploiting like goons. As far as i know Val said Do not publicly report exploits. Please use the private message feature and report it to the appropriate authority. So i guess it's better you Submit a Ticket or p.m any Admin out here the more people will get to know about this the more they will exploit it.b:surrender Btw Can the rival nation pk in the base ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • _Dominus_ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well i didnt knew that you couldnt do that here but to be honest takes them ages to reply to you and ur thickets but yea i will try do that by sending private message
  • _Dominus_ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That's pretty much some type of bug which peeps are exploiting like goons. As far as i know Val said Do not publicly report exploits. Please use the private message feature and report it to the appropriate authority. So i guess it's better you Submit a Ticket or p.m any Admin out here the more people will get to know about this the more they will exploit it.b:surrender Btw Can the rival nation pk in the base ?

No they couldnt pk in base as far as i saw
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No they couldnt pk in base as far as i saw

so what's the problem?

also, antihacking system... lol
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I've seen that before. Pretty sure it's simply a bug, not someone hacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

your squad is missing a bm. and no, there is no antihacking tool required.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't see how that's really a ****, in the sense of what benefit does it give to the player? NW is full of interestingly weird bugs, I think this falls into the category of an accidental bug more than a **** (hacking having the connotation of maliciousness/exploitative-ness).
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't see how that's really a ****, in the sense of what benefit does it give to the player? NW is full of interestingly weird bugs, I think this falls into the category of an accidental bug more than a **** (hacking having the connotation of maliciousness/exploitative-ness).

Honestly, I dont do NW anymore. It might not be a **** per se, but it has been going on almost as long as NW has existed in one way or another. Somehow, people have always been able to leave whatever side they land in, and go back into another Nation.

I guess you can call that a tactic if you want, but it doesnt seem fair at all. The big turn-off is coming to see the event as '2-hours of spawn-killed excitement' while being lucky enough to leaving with a massive 32 tokens for my trouble.

Obvously, the players who dont need the tokens are leaving with the Lion's share.

You know how they made a Caster's Nirvy to help please the mages? Maybe they need a battleground with a gear restriction too?

I dont see any reason for anyone to be against an anti-hacking system - unless they are a hacker. b:chuckle

Sure, why not? Go for it. Sounds like a basic and fundamental improvement to me. *shrugs*
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I always wondered if you could attack the base, but never really got around to trying. I know last weeks NW when I moused over an opposing teams base it showed the battlefield as the carry the flag. I tried to get to it, but it was blocked off. I totally forgot about it after the map i was currently in. I just thought it was a addition to be able to attack the base
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This is probably the same bug where people appear as BMs in your squad list.
    It's just a graphics bug. Sometimes player state is not updated correctly (though it's correct on the server).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It's most likely a bug. I saw the same thing you did in NW 2 weeks ago but no one pked anyone. If you've seen people run around with those nation icons still over their heads after NW in Archosaur it's probably a bug similar to that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    And were they able to attack you or something? You should had tried to select them. Maybe it was a bug.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Time To Zhen On People!
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    NW is a huge gimmick.b:bye
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    1. that land is not base

2. That flame was passing through the land when it got taken by light. Before you turn back you technically spawn in that land and then get ported out. Happens if you lag hard while entering battles: the game puts you into the land first and ports into combat instance second.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Interesting...
    Sounds like a bug
    A **** would be more of a benefit
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    First off this :
    1. that land is not base
    Second, that is absolutely not a ****, it is some sort of glitch. I had it happen a few times, where I saw a faction member or friend in our nation's territory, just like in that pic there. Next battle we were in, we both realized we were on opposing sides and scratching our (_ (_ )'s about how we were able to chat in common chat with each other and be in a friendly territory with each other if not in the same nation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I dont do NW anymore. It might not be a **** per se, but it has been going on almost as long as NW has existed in one way or another. Somehow, people have always been able to leave whatever side they land in, and go back into another Nation.

I guess you can call that a tactic if you want, but it doesnt seem fair at all. The big turn-off is coming to see the event as '2-hours of spawn-killed excitement' while being lucky enough to leaving with a massive 32 tokens for my trouble.

Obvously, the players who dont need the tokens are leaving with the Lion's share.

You know how they made a Caster's Nirvy to help please the mages? Maybe they need a battleground with a gear restriction too?

I dont see any reason for anyone to be against an anti-hacking system - unless they are a hacker. b:chuckle

Sure, why not? Go for it. Sounds like a basic and fundamental improvement to me. *shrugs*
    I still love NW, even when we lose as a nation, some of the epic battles we get into make it worth it for me. If there was no reward at all, I probably would still participate, so while winning would be great, I don't complain too much about my reward when I lose. But I guess I'm in the severe minority in this opinion.

The players who get the most tokens are the ones with the best gear and/or best skills in the winning-est nation :S don't know if "need" is a good way to describe it. Since the update, and from the info I get from the lower level/ lower gear people, they seem to get more tokens now than they used to, so that's a good thing.

I've never tried to leave NW and rejoin to get in another Nation, but what a lot of people seem to do these days is to multi-client and see which nation is doing the best, then afk in the other ones and only play in the winning nation. Super-duper lame.

NW is so buggy in itself that it's hard to tell if anyone is actually actively -hacking- At least from what I've seen I haven't seen any exploits other than multi-clienting, and while that isn't a "****" it's definitely exploitative enough to be detrimental and a nuisance.

Doubtful they would ever do a gear restriction bg, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to organize it into level groups; 50-70, 71-90, 91+ Sure some of the lower groups would be kinda sparse, and twinking is always an issue, but I played a game with bgs organized like this that was super fun and super successful. I would probably play the **** out of the 71-90 range personally XD
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well, if i am not wrong, squad/fac signet works in NW and I believe thats what is happening.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    After looking at this in a bit more detail...

I reckon a few reasons are possible... Either its a time delay like you get in say RB when someone runs to the end and your the last one to run and you will see all the others or...

Map Data is out of phase with Server's. I know this used to happen in Hell n Heaven so this would probly have something to do with it.

Thats not your main base either so you dont have to worry about that. I would say as many others have not a glicth more of may be a bug or a DC / Time related issue...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Map Data is out of phase with Server's. I know this used to happen in Hell n Heaven so this would prob[ab]ly have something to do with it.
    You get that when the map file on the server has been changed and the change has not been reflected in the client. It wouldn't cause something like that.
    The only thing it would cause is for you to not see graphical updates that were made to the server map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Placer - Morai
    Placer - Morai Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have seen that and I don't think it's a ****. It has happened when I have been camping some land waiting to get attacked and sometimes you get to see the attackers teleporting. I'd say it's just lag, delay or some weird bug.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Actually, this happened last night with me but the NW just ended and my team won the last fight a few seconds before the official sign came up. Mind you, when I saw the opposing team in our winning land I immediately got ready to attack, and I think they were too until we noticed each others names were revealed so yeah its likely just a glitch. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q506/akane20102/2013-07-2705-19-25_zps975f1d74.png

now my question to all of you .

Should PWI have anti hacking systems? Yes or No?
    b:surrender
    I have seen that and I don't think it's a ****. It has happened when I have been camping some land waiting to get attacked and sometimes you get to see the attackers teleporting. I'd say it's just lag, delay or some weird bug.

*ahem* THIS IS HOW NW WORKS. WHEN ONE NATION ATTACKS ANOTHER ONE THEY ENTER THE ENCAMPMENT, THEN THE BATTLE STARTS. EVERY SINGLE FIGHT STARTS THIS WAY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    *ahem* THIS IS HOW NW WORKS. WHEN ONE NATION ATTACKS ANOTHER ONE THEY ENTER THE ENCAMPMENT, THEN THE BATTLE STARTS. EVERY SINGLE FIGHT STARTS THIS WAY.

This is true but try to explain how this happened: http://i.imgur.com/0OyoWWt.jpg
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This is true but try to explain how this happened: http://i.imgur.com/0OyoWWt.jpg

You had two nations attack the same land at (almost) the same time.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yeah It happened to me on Sundays NW when I found 3 members of my faction on the same basecamp as I!! b:chuckle !!The problem was, no joke intended (this truthfully happened) they were on a squad in Light nation & both the basecamp & I were Fire nation and then what made it even weirder was that I was on a conquered field just off of Dark Nations main base city and they were on fac chat trying to make it too D5!!!b:shocked (needless to say that's just a tad bit away from where I wasb:surrender)

But on the lighter side of the news I could see them but they couldn't see me or my camp so its a glitch that only works part way... And I also tried to shank my own Faction leader since he was one of the 1s glitched into there (in my own nations base camp) but since we were all blue names I couldn't even touch him attack wise, so the chance of them being able to attack us is just as likely as impossible as it was for me to not be able to do it to them, so theres really no need for worry about them somehow bringing a new meaning to the term Camp Kill... b:pleasedb:thanks
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You had two nations attack the same land at (almost) the same time.

^ that.

#1 its not a base in any of those pics

#2 map lag, and lots of it, plus if you are standing in land you own in town-view, you will see the toons traveling to that land, 3 or even 4 nations could ideally end up in the same land given enough lag as the server sorts out who is supposed to be there.