Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Options

Comments

• NoirAssassin - Archosaur
    NoirAssassin - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    chil0n wrote: »
    How do I get my bow working again it does not wanton fire and it's red in my inventory screen?

Your bow must be broken.There is a thing in equipments and weps called "Durability".The durability of an item decreases if you are being hit by a target(for armor durability) or if you hit a target(for wep durability).If the durability count reaches 0 the equipment will be destroyed and you will not be able to use skills(except sparks).Find the nearest Blacksmith,Apothecracy and any other npc that has a "Repair" option,to fix your bow.Pay attention fixing an equipment will cost you coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amerlegend1
    amerlegend1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    MONEY, TRADING AND THE BOUTIQUE

How do I set up a Cat Shop/Consignment shop?
    -Press E to open your emote window, then look under trade. There should be a Consignment Shop button there to set one up.

Where do I find Inventory/Safe Extension stones and Cage?
    -These are Cash shop items. Press O to open the Boutique, then go to Items->Treasure to find these items. Note that you don't need Safe extension stones or Cages to perform the corresponding action - You can start a quest to collect ingame items to get the same effect. You need Dragon Quest items for the Safe extension, rare pet food to add Pet slots.

How do I make money?
    -Please check here.

How does the Auctioneer and Gold Trading system work?
    -Auctioneers can be found in the 6 major towns. Their first option, Auction House will open the Auction window. You can look around the pages using the arrows at the bottom. To look for a specific items, press the Filter button at the top, then select your item (note that the search function doesn't work right now). When you've found the item you'd like to buy, you can see the current bid to the right of its name (if the current bid is equal to the minimum bid, no one's put a bid on that item yet). There may also be a buy price. You can then place a bid or buy the item (if it has a buy price). After placing a bid, keep an eye on your mail. If someone else outbids you, your previous bid will appear in your postbox and you're free to bid again while there's still time. If you win the auction, the item will be in your postbox. Bought items will instantly be sent to your mail, no need to wait for the timer.
    Also, bidding in the last 20 minutes of an auction will increase the auction's duration by 20 minutes. Auctions can last 8, 16 or 24 hours.
    At the bottom of the auction window are buttons to check your current bids and sales. To sell an item, go to the Sales window, drag the item to the box, and specify the information (a buy price isn't necessary). When the auction ends, the bid that won will be sent to your postbox. If no one placed a bid, the item and half the fee will be refunded (also in your postbox).

Information on Gold Trading coming soon.

thanks alot for helping
  • caelumxcv
    caelumxcv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sorry if this a complete nooby question, but how do I reduce the amount of rows on my skill hotkey bar and how do I remove things from the hotkey bar. I accidentally put milk and some candle for this quest on the hotkey bar and now I cant remove it.
  • xerxanq
    xerxanq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hello there , I'm new to this game http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/byeby.gif

Can someone tell me how to join a faction ?
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    xerxanq wrote: »
    Hello there , I'm new to this game http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/byeby.gif

Can someone tell me how to join a faction ?

You need to get invited by a faction officer. Keep an eye on world chat (yellow text) are there are often factions looking for members. Just PM them and you'll get invite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • calebbeast
    calebbeast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you much for teh thread! I've only been playing a little while and I like it so far. I is ta
    to admit that paying to teleport is pretty sad and the WASD movement is frustrating at times but keeps me out of corners atleast. I laughed so hard reading about the playing who was getting struck by lightening and then haing to die multiple times. Hope I evade that till I find out more lol. I really miss being able to hold the mouse down in travel and the barriers are annoying. I love the characters and how easy it is to alt them. I like to try the different ones and my Psy was rocking out some serious damage. I'm a range tank nub elsewhere but wanted to test the magic of Perfect World. I have a human mage I've been working on today but still working out kinks of being a noob here lol. I'm looking forward to flying soon, that was a way kool idea to put in the game!

I see lots of players with problems that could be solved pretty commonly by just leveling your characters, someone suggested that and I second it but I do appreciate all the questions and ofcourse the answers and suggestions too, both have been helpful.

Im debating on grinding on magic some more or just go create that archer that seems to be calling my name.

Thanks all and cya round.
  • arvit94
    arvit94 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    "Blue name has a 1% chance to drop item from your inventory when killed by a monster"

does it mean that blue name has the chance to drop equipped gears/items when killed by a monster too?
  • Azurefair - Archosaur
    Azurefair - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Why is it on some of my characters, I can't send or receive tells, it just says I am off line, or the person I am trying to send tells to is offline, yet I know they are on, and they know I am. I can be standing right next to someone so we both know we are online.

Help please?
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Momentary disconnects
  • connorlm3
    connorlm3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Is there any thread to compare/contrast pve and pvp servers? I cant seem to find the information i want.. Im about to be a new player to this game, but i dont want to start playing until i know what server i should be playing on. Things i like in mmorpgs
    PVP, pking
    guilds/clans
    guild/clan events
    nice people to make friends
    bossing/ dungeons/ killing things and getting rewarded for it.

I dont know if pve servers have things that pvp servers dont or vice versa so i really would appreciate some information. Ive seen that the difference in the difference kinds is that you can attack anyone at anytime after lvl 30 on pvp servers, but on pve servers u have to be in like a pk mode. I need more information on that too. Do PVE servers have actual people out and about randomly pking? I used to play ********* i liked how the pking system was, you walk out into the wilderness and u can fight people whether it was 1v1 areas or multi areas, but bosses and most monsters were in safe areas. In pve, i wanna know if when i want to pk, if i will be able to enter pk mode and other people will be in pk mode out and about standing around waiting for people to attack them/ attack other people. thanks for whoever helps me out!!
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    connorlm3 wrote: »
    Is there any thread to compare/contrast pve and pvp servers? I cant seem to find the information i want.. Im about to be a new player to this game, but i dont want to start playing until i know what server i should be playing on. Things i like in mmorpgs
    PVP, pking
    guilds/clans
    guild/clan events
    nice people to make friends
    bossing/ dungeons/ killing things and getting rewarded for it.

I dont know if pve servers have things that pvp servers dont or vice versa so i really would appreciate some information. Ive seen that the difference in the difference kinds is that you can attack anyone at anytime after lvl 30 on pvp servers, but on pve servers u have to be in like a pk mode. I need more information on that too. Do PVE servers have actual people out and about randomly pking? I used to play ********* i liked how the pking system was, you walk out into the wilderness and u can fight people whether it was 1v1 areas or multi areas, but bosses and most monsters were in safe areas. In pve, i wanna know if when i want to pk, if i will be able to enter pk mode and other people will be in pk mode out and about standing around waiting for people to attack them/ attack other people. thanks for whoever helps me out!!

Bosses/dungeons/events are all the same on every server. The only difference between servers is the button on pve servers that turn pk off and on. If you want to be in pk all the time, you can do it on a pve server but you can only kill people that have also hit the button to be in pk.

On a pvp server, everyone over the lvl 30 is free game. You can kill anyone as long as you are outside a city which are "safe zones". Factions and people are different. Pve servers tend to be more populated, but if you actually enjoy killing you can go for the pvp. Most people on the pvp server are heavily overpowered though, so it might take you a while and a lot of money to get on an even playing field.

As far as other people pking, there tends to be hot spots that people just gather to whack the hell out each other. On my server, pkers tend to gather right infront of west archosaur. On another server it might be a different spot. Before it was infront of west archosaur it was infront of orchid temple. They just move around sometimes but its the same group everytime smacking each other.
  • connorlm3
    connorlm3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    so is it common to see a lot of people on pve servers already in pk mode? so if i wanted to turn on pk mode or i was in it, i can just begin fighting them? or is it more like asking someone to fight.. like a dueling system?
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    connorlm3 wrote: »
    so is it common to see a lot of people on pve servers already in pk mode? so if i wanted to turn on pk mode or i was in it, i can just begin fighting them? or is it more like asking someone to fight.. like a dueling system?

In pk, you dont have to ask. You can just hit them as long as they are also in pk mode. There is also a dueling system for those not in pk mode, but you have to ask and there is no chance of dropping gear like there is in pk mode. Its more common on pvp server i think to see large groups fighting, but pve has a decent sized group that smack each other.

In game, there are also large pvp events that every server takes part in. Territory wars are every weekend which puts faction against faction to duke it out. The other is nation wars where the entire server fights each other every friday and sunday.
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I am not a pk'r, but I can say Nation Wars is hella fun.
    IMO it sucks to work hard on something such as the game cube and have some *** wipe pk me out of all I worked for, but in Nation wars I don't have to fear lossing anything and can go face to face with others. As a non-pk'r I take some pride in seeing that 3 or 4 people had to work to drop me.

For the record, my BM does the Nation wars, not this elf lmao.

On a final note, there are multiple locations PK'rs meet up for pvp on the Heavens tear server. West Arch, City of Lost and Silver pool to name the most common I see.

On two occasion the Secret passage was open to pk, which was complete bullshyte. People choose the pve server for a reason, but noobs couldn't enjoy their secret passage quests without getting picked off by gutless pieces of ****. The reason I say this is because those gutless pieces of **** were able to do their low level quests in there without getting assaulted by high levels.

If your going PK on a PVE server GREAT! Just show some respect for the PVE players, please!
  • Davasque - Sanctuary
    Davasque - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hi, I've just made this new character today, and now I am confused by the fact that my character didn't receive the supply stash..
    I have some characters from about a year ago, and all of them have a supply stash..
    Did I miss something? b:surrender
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hi, I've just made this new character today, and now I am confused by the fact that my character didn't receive the supply stash..
    I have some characters from about a year ago, and all of them have a supply stash..
    Did I miss something? b:surrender

The supply stash was removed after an update. Check the general discussion forums for the new dreamchaser pack they are giving away through facebook. It is replacing the old supply stash.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1549621

There you are. Read that.
  • Davasque - Sanctuary
    Davasque - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The supply stash was removed after an update. Check the general discussion forums for the new dreamchaser pack they are giving away through facebook. It is replacing the old supply stash.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1549621

There you are. Read that.

Too bad it is removed.. I think it's pretty useful.. b:surrender
    Okay then, I'll try to get the dreamchaser pack, thanks for reply b:thanks
  • darkjedigune
    darkjedigune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This question is not addressed anywhere that I can find. My friend in Italy wants to play with me (I'm in the U.S.) and before we commit to a game we need to know if we can play together in that game.

Question: Can we choose the same server with her being in Italy and me being on the the U.S. west coast?

Alternatively, do all the servers talk together so we can each choose a reasonably local game server and still play together?
  • loose1sould
    loose1sould Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This is a personal question that I can't find the answer for.

I recently used a reset on my cleric because I, foolishly, didn't look up a guild at first. The attribute points were all messed up.

After I reset them I saw that I had 3 Vit. I thought your basic was 5 vit.dex.str.mag.

I need to know what the lvl 1 basic attributes are for a cleric. It would be greatly appreciated. I can't re-spend my attribute points correctly until I know what beginning points are. (I did a 25 point reset. needed to get my vit reset.)

It looks like vit is 3 at the lowest. str is 5 at the lowest. dex is 5 at the lowest. I don't know what mag is at it lowest though.
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This is a personal question that I can't find the answer for.

I recently used a reset on my cleric because I, foolishly, didn't look up a guild at first. The attribute points were all messed up.

After I reset them I saw that I had 3 Vit. I thought your basic was 5 vit.dex.str.mag.

I need to know what the lvl 1 basic attributes are for a cleric. It would be greatly appreciated. I can't re-spend my attribute points correctly until I know what beginning points are. (I did a 25 point reset. needed to get my vit reset.)

It looks like vit is 3 at the lowest. str is 5 at the lowest. dex is 5 at the lowest. I don't know what mag is at it lowest though.

5 is the lowest without using a reset note
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • filmore36
    filmore36 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    so i cant log in how do you log in is it the username you created when you made the acc cause it wont let me
  • sailornova
    sailornova Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    what level do you have to be to able to talk in world chat?

and where in the nine **** do I find a pickaxe xD - okay got that answered

yes I am an idiot lol
  • everlasting123
    everlasting123 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Options
    in sorry haha in new here so i really dont know a lot about posting but my question is is there any way to trade riding mounts with your own characters? and if so can you plese tell me how?
  • alexisea38
    alexisea38 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I started as one of the Tideborn. I had just accepted my first couple of quests AND I FALL OUT OF THE CITY. I don't know how to get back in. Help :(
  • electrowire
    electrowire Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have a dungeon and need a squad all of my faction members are inactive can I just auto que like in world of ********
  • lordcalucifer
    lordcalucifer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hello im new at this game i dont really know where to post thats why im asking here...im trying to download PWI but the downloading still 0% in 30 mins...im not sure if its downloading or not...how do i know its downloading the game...i hope you can help me...:)
  • piggykitty
    piggykitty Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I had the same problem as you, then it finally got to 78%, then stopped. Idk how to even download it. Help? f:beg b:beg
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hello im new at this game i dont really know where to post thats why im asking here...im trying to download PWI but the downloading still 0% in 30 mins...im not sure if its downloading or not...how do i know its downloading the game...i hope you can help me...:)
    piggykitty wrote: »
    I had the same problem as you, then it finally got to 78%, then stopped. Idk how to even download it. Help? f:beg b:beg

There is a Technical support sub-forum. I'd suggest you make a post in one of the related threads, including DxDiag ( type dxdiag in program search or "run program") and Speccy (or similar) reports.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Tush - Dreamweaver
    Tush - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have about 500k on a char in heavens tear, and I made a new one on the euro server.
    Is there a way to transfer the money between one and the other?

*I tried the account stash at the banker but I think it only workes with same server..
  • FlyingPants - Sanctuary
    FlyingPants - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    How do I PM someone on the forum?