G13 -> g15 daggers...I'm confused :(

Options
panca21
panca21 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Assassin
Finally going near to 99/100 with my first toon and starting to watch around for some good daggers.
One of the guide i was using as a reference always said to use the g13 (barrier thorn nirvana) but now i keep see people saying that g15 (dark death thorn) are quite better and to avoid the g13.

Now...isnt the g13 a "necessary" step if i want to forge the g15? If im not supposed to buy some alredy crafted g15, why shouldnt i get the g13?

And about that, what will pass over from g13 to g15? Refine, shards, number of sockets?
And here im a bit lost again, the netherworld guidance that seems like my end game dagger is on another "path", right? So all the money used to make the g15 that is bound is "wasted"? b:shocked

Any very nice person willing to de-confuse me? Talk simply couse i can go more confused if u r going to tacnical b:laugh
Post edited by panca21 on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    panca21 wrote: »
    Finally going near to 99/100 with my first toon and starting to watch around for some good daggers.
    One of the guide i was using as a reference always said to use the g13 (barrier thorn nirvana) but now i keep see people saying that g15 (dark death thorn) are quite better and to avoid the g13.

Now...isnt the g13 a "necessary" step if i want to forge the g15? If im not supposed to buy some alredy crafted g15, why shouldnt i get the g13?

And about that, what will pass over from g13 to g15? Refine, shards, number of sockets?
    And here im a bit lost again, the netherworld guidance that seems like my end game dagger is on another "path", right? So all the money used to make the g15 that is bound is "wasted"? b:shocked

Any very nice person willing to de-confuse me? Talk simply couse i can go more confused if u r going to tacnical b:laugh

The reason people recommended G13 over G15 is the guaranteed add of -.1interval, making farming PvE much easier and because of the price of Raptures (1m+ on average). To make G15 back then would have meant 150m+ and over 7m per reroll for optimal or sufficient add ons, whereas the G13 come with less than half the price tag and assured interval.

Now, however, Raptures are under 100k each. The price of going G15 after going G13 is so miniscule that it hardly matters. Rerolling is also extremely cheap, so once you've committed to G15 you can easily roll for better adds even if you aren't the best geared person.

With how things are now, get G13 and +5 them, use them until you have a decent stash of Raptures, then go G15 and reroll until you get -int+Sac Slash/GoF. -int with anything really. Be sure you take care of all other -int pieces first (R8 chest/2nd cast Nirvana pants/TT99LA boots+wrists/TT99 Phys neck+belt).

Don't refine G15 too high once you've obtained a good roll, use it to farm Basic Badges and money for rolling it into the G16 version, allowing for much higher damage and a pair of end game daggers. They have a fairly high chance for -int so it shouldn't take too long or too much money to obtain a good set unless you're extremely unlucky.

Oh god I can't believe I just helped someone.
    And it's a Sin.

I feel dirty.
  • panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Don't refine G15 too high once you've obtained a good roll, use it to farm Basic Badges and money for rolling it into the G16 version, allowing for much higher damage and a pair of end game daggers. They have a fairly high chance for -int so it shouldn't take too long or too much money to obtain a good set unless you're extremely unlucky.

Supposed that with my cash im not going over +5 atm, why shouldnt refine the g15? The refine itself dont pass to the g16 after the roll?
    Or dark death thorn cant become netherworld guidance and then i can understand the reason?
    Checking the pwdb im not sure about where the netherworld come from...
    Oh god I can't believe I just helped someone.
    And it's a Sin.
    I feel dirty.

Well i feel dirty too when i started the sin as a bp wannabe for my seeker...i ended up liking it...im amazed myself...really...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The only refine/sharding that transfers for free when rerolling Nirvana is when you quench G15 weapons (rerolling for different stats). G13 to G15 and G15 to G16 have a transfer fee and it's more cost effective to just re-shard and refine all over again rather than transfer. Each reroll at G16 will cost you, so make sure you have the roll you want before refining or sharding that heavily.

You probably got Netherword from the G16 variant of Nirvana Daggers, Netherworld Guidance. It's also the name of the Lunar path G15 Nirvana Daggers. Both Lunar and TT paths can be converted to G16.
  • panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    As netherworld i meant the guidance one that seems to be the best option if im not going r9
    So the thing is
    make barrier thorn gutbreaker tt99
    add 100 raps to make the nirvana version and little refine it (+5 or so) while getting ready to make dark death thorn
    add 150 raps to make dark death thorn
    and here? i see 1 star (g16) http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34779 and 2 star (g15) http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26054 netherworld guidance

And of course a big thanks for the answers, im trying to dont throw away cash and get the right weap, that seemed really simplier until i got so near to really start use my ingame money :)
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Zan, remember all the times that sins stunlocked your cleric and 5apsed him to death.
    As netherworld i meant the guidance one that seems to be the best option if im not going r9
    So the thing is
    make barrier thorn gutbreaker tt99
    add 100 raps to make the nirvana version and little refine it (+5 or so) while getting ready to make dark death thorn
    add 150 raps to make dark death thorn

after that, you:
    • farm 60 basic badges (warsong/lunar)
    • farm the dagger mold (full warsong, last boss; you can also buy it from a squad)
    • get an essence of offense (around 1.5m, drops from last WS boss)
    • 5m fee

and you craft the g16 nethersong guidance.
    note that to craft the g16 version you don't need any crafting levels.
    for crafting tt99, g13 g15 you need; so if you don't have any and you plan to have someone craft them for you you can't equip those.

the other path is using the lunar daggers > g13 > g15 > g16
    the g15, g16 stages the same, the only benefit is that they don't bound so you can trade them. the base (lunar) costs around 35-40m more than the tt99 though.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    so it will be a long time with g15^^ that will be around +5 again cause if the transfer cost more then a new refine, is better not ref too much.

oh seems i got the point now, and of course a new question popped in my mind...

what appen to my g15 adds when i forge a g16 from it? they stay or the g16 start from nothing and get new adds?

thanks for the help and i hope this will be the last question^^

ps : this sin will never stun anyone cause nw and so are in impossible time for me and im not pk/pvp so fell free to share ALL your super sin secret with me...and the other thousands spy that are reading :)
    edited July 2013
    Options
    so it will be a long time with g15^^ that will be around +5 again cause if the transfer cost more then a new refine, is better not ref too much.

oh seems i got the point now, and of course a new question popped in my mind...

what appen to my g15 adds when i forge a g16 from it? they stay or the g16 start from nothing and get new adds?

thanks for the help and i hope this will be the last question^^

ps : this sin will never stun anyone cause nw and so are in impossible time for me and im not pk/pvp so fell free to share ALL your super sin secret with me...and the other thousands spy that are reading :)

60 badges are 10 runs which take 1-2h depending on squad. so it can easily take you 2 weeks (just to make the weapon). g16 has different adds and chances to get them, same with sockets and they are not affected from the g15 adds. it has 40 attack levels +3 random adds. you have more chances to get interval, around 7-9 rerolls (I got mine at third) but you need 20 badges for each reroll so it can take quite some time.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    TT G13 (Lunar G13 doesn't get -int so it can gtfo) has guaranteed -.10 int. That means you can be 5APS without a tome if you have all your TT99/R8/G15 pieces

G15 is fodder for G16 pve wise. If you want pvp you will want G15 with GoF, or just use your G16,

What I think is a sensible path is to make G13 and +4 it or something, play conservative, keep aggro low, and focus on getting +6 on all your aps armor first. Then get decent shards like exclusive citrines in them. After that make a fresh G13 dagger and turn it into G15 to make your G16, but keep the old G13 so that you can keep 5APS until your G16 gets -int and you get a pan gu tome (210mil or so on my server). Then make the switch and keep the G13 around (it's bound anyways) just in case you derp and forget to repair or something.

After that you can make separate set of G16 armor for pvp use. PVE wise a sin can get away with pretty much +10 dagger and +7 or above armor for most cases.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    so, point 1 i have to hope in bh lunar to be there often so i can get the runs and get badges + bh together and so people will do them without problem.

point 2, the +6 its quite heavy atm, on my server the people that refine for you ask around 6 mil to +5 but the step to +6 is like 10 mil more or so. Do it myself without cashshop...even more expansive?
    neet to study about this i think. I watched some youtube about the refining and so but still dunno if i ll have the willpower to try myself risking the misluck.

point 3...sadly only a few tanks know how to keep aggro...sometimes i stole it from people some level higher then me without even sparking and so...that can be a problem. that said, usually with bb up i can tank my bh bosses without problem. (ninja move back to use chill of the depth, that i wasnt using from ages^^)
    waiting to get bh100s...no idea about that.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    so, point 1 i have to hope in bh lunar to be there often so i can get the runs and get badges + bh together and so people will do them without problem.

point 2, the +6 its quite heavy atm, on my server the people that refine for you ask around 6 mil to +5 but the step to +6 is like 10 mil more or so. Do it myself without cashshop...even more expansive?
    neet to study about this i think. I watched some youtube about the refining and so but still dunno if i ll have the willpower to try myself risking the misluck.

point 3...sadly only a few tanks know how to keep aggro...sometimes i stole it from people some level higher then me without even sparking and so...that can be a problem. that said, usually with bb up i can tank my bh bosses without problem. (ninja move back to use chill of the depth, that i wasnt using from ages^^)
    waiting to get bh100s...no idea about that.

bh snake/metal/cannon also gives you badges.
    when you do them you can try pracctising soloing the earth pavilion (there is a warsong guide somewhere)
    to avoid getting aggro and help the other DDs you can throw a subsea strike (and you can still spark ofc)
  • panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i feel a bit "dirty" when i dont go all-in on a boss, but i also know that this is the only way to survive and dont **** up the team too :/
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You should be tanking all of your BH79s. If you tank with a BM support who has eruption genie all your 79 bosses should drop in under 20 seconds.

As for 100+, well keeping G13 weapon at low refine will help a lot in not getting aggro
    Channels

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't wait until you farm a pangu tome to use the g16's. Try for a decent int roll, and then switch. You'll find that 4 aps g16 out dd's 5 aps g13 by far. For farming its faster and the bps heals are a higher even with the lost of int. People say its about chi gain, but my sin is 2.86 aps sage and I can solo thing just as well as any 4.0 demon. Trust me once you upgrade you'll like the damage more than the aps.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't wait until you farm a pangu tome to use the g16's. Try for a decent int roll, and then switch. You'll find that 4 aps g16 out dd's 5 aps g13 by far. For farming its faster and the bps heals are a higher even with the lost of int. People say its about chi gain, but my sin is 2.86 aps sage and I can solo thing just as well as any 4.0 demon. Trust me once you upgrade you'll like the damage more than the aps.

extra damage with gear that a freshly 100 sin can get is asking to take aggro and die
    Channels

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    extra damage with gear that a freshly 100 sin can get is asking to take aggro and die

Tis quite true.

Armor refines are just as important as weapon refines.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Tis quite true.

Armor refines are just as important as weapon refines.

This for sure(even tho I did weapon first hehe)

Dishing out damage is not everything and no amount of bp heals will save you from a massive hit if you can not take it. Even if you can somehow take those hits, then you have to deal with heavy charm usage. It is good to balance your refines all around with your weapon.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This for sure(even tho I did weapon first hehe)

Dishing out damage is not everything and no amount of bp heals will save you from a massive hit if you can not take it. Even if you can somehow take those hits, then you have to deal with heavy charm usage. It is good to balance your refines all around with your weapon.

My sin gear was already +4 +5 when he finally did hit 100 >.> and he is my first lv100 toon. Guess im not the average. But I was talking about soloing, not squads.

*poke* Walpurga read the bit where I said 'farming'.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    My sin gear was already +4 +5 when he finally did hit 100 >.> and he is my first lv100 toon. Guess im not the average. But I was talking about soloing, not squads.

4-5 refines is a good start, but not to be effective in farming in 3-x where bosses can hit you for the amount of hp you will have with those refines(5 to 6k unbuffed generally). A better example is Illusion lord that can deal 12k+ dmg with a random hf and aoe at once(rare). I do not know how much hp and defenses you have, you could very well do fine with most of the bosses in 3-1, those are just examples.

Having good average refines all around not only helps you current hp, but also your effective hp when adding in the increase in p/m def you may get.

I wont lie to you, when I was first leveled up to 100 a couple years ago or so, i was running around with a +10 r8 dagger and +5-6 on my gear, dot's in armor and hat, and vit stones in my cape(gems were a lot cheaper then). I dealt some crazy damage, but my defenses really sucked. And when the +11/+12 orb sale came around i got one 11 orb and put it on my dagger and the dmg was even crazier b:chuckle. I was(and still somewhat) what you call a glass cannon. Massive damage and a **** could knock you to the ground. My friends were rolling their faces on keyboards, trees, the floor and banging their heads on the walls with that silly sin with +11 r8 daggers. people would laugh sometimes in Nirvana squads on my 3.33 aps with r8(eventually 4), but never figure out why i could not only get agro but keep it.

It took me quite some time to farm and partially with real money to get myself were i could farm solo effectively . When I got to the point i could solo most of the bosses in 3-x I was able to farm 4 peices of my r9 armor in 3 weeks, which burned me out of farming anything.

The best advice I can give is not follow in my footsteps gear wise, play smart and do not burn yourself out trying to break your neck for the best gear. A year later I am now just upgraded those same pieces to s2 and one to s3. With how cheap reforging is on those gears, its a shame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Options
    4-5 refines is a good start, but not to be effective in farming in 3-x where bosses can hit you for the amount of hp you will have with those refines(5 to 6k unbuffed generally). A better example is Illusion lord that can deal 12k+ dmg with a random hf and aoe at once(rare). I do not know how much hp and defenses you have, you could very well do fine with most of the bosses in 3-1, those are just examples.

Having good average refines all around not only helps you current hp, but also your effective hp when adding in the increase in p/m def you may get.

I wont lie to you, when I was first leveled up to 100 a couple years ago or so, i was running around with a +10 r8 dagger and +5-6 on my gear, dot's in armor and hat, and vit stones in my cape(gems were a lot cheaper then). I dealt some crazy damage, but my defenses really sucked. And when the +11/+12 orb sale came around i got one 11 orb and put it on my dagger and the dmg was even crazier b:chuckle. I was(and still somewhat) what you call a glass cannon. Massive damage and a **** could knock you to the ground. My friends were rolling their faces on keyboards, trees, the floor and banging their heads on the walls with that silly sin with +11 r8 daggers. people would laugh sometimes in Nirvana squads on my 3.33 aps with r8(eventually 4), but never figure out why i could not only get agro but keep it.

It took me quite some time to farm and partially with real money to get myself were i could farm solo effectively . When I got to the point i could solo most of the bosses in 3-x I was able to farm 4 peices of my r9 armor in 3 weeks, which burned me out of farming anything.

The best advice I can give is not follow in my footsteps gear wise, play smart and do not burn yourself out trying to break your neck for the best gear. A year later I am now just upgraded those same pieces to s2 and one to s3. With how cheap reforging is on those gears, its a shame.

Sadly I actually did the same thing. I solo 3-1 regularly as my main source of income during non 2x. I burned myself out farming my r9 ring,chest,boots, and arms. Currently working on daggers, and I got a +7 WoE for 10mil when the chip sale first started which was a steal. I currently have 6.6k hp in aps gears, 8.6k w/ barb buffs, 9k w/ sage. Switch to r9 peices and it jumps to 10.5k. I don't have the money for those kind of gems just yet. My faction mates advised is atleast refine to +10 then buy expensive shards. I took their word seeing as they have +10-+12 w/ end game shards.
  • panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I was thinking to stay around +5 on everything atm, and then farm the money to start increase the refine and so. Not using real money make the thing a bit slow but its ok to me.

May i eventually add a little more question (bit offtopic cause is about armors and not dags...) ?
    Can anyone explaine me the path from beginning to miriad blossom greaves? And eventually hat if the couple of them work well with ashura arm/boots and lionheart neck/belt.
    Ive read they come from lunar but never been there, being this my first char around this level, so i actually dont know how those forge works. From the pwidb seems i have to forge 2 green pants before the miriad (one coming from lunar and tt mats together?)...but that site always confuse me when i try to check how to craft things...
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Myriad blossom greaves are from lunar green lone troop shins--buddha light shinguards--g15. It will cost about 30mil even if you farm the lunar green mats yourself. Get tt pants first so you can function, then farm Lunar pants and g16 the tt pants for pvp
    Channels

• panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tt99 ashura greaves then shadow u mean? to get the -0.5 int?
    isnt that quite expansive too? (and again no idea how to go from ashura to shadow...i need to study some pwi book....)

EDIT : it seems i need 150 uncanny (expansive?) + the tt99 ashura greaves and make them at nirvana forge.
    the site also say something about a 2 uncanny price...its something like a reroll?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tt99 ashura greaves then shadow u mean? to get the -0.5 int?
    isnt that quite expansive too? (and again no idea how to go from ashura to shadow...i need to study some pwi book....)

EDIT : it seems i need 150 uncanny (expansive?) + the tt99 ashura greaves and make them at nirvana forge.
    the site also say something about a 2 uncanny price...its something like a reroll?

Cannies are cheap, 15-20k max, but you need tailor 6 or 7(not sure off hand) to make the g13 pants or have someone make them if you have not equiped them yet, then the g15(has the interval) ones for a total of 250 cannies. You can goto the Nirvana forges outside Palace of Nirvana north of Raging Tides City to see the what you need or pwdatabase.com which will include coin cost(if any). Then rerolling the g15's for better stats if you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Myriad blossom greaves are from lunar green lone troop shins--buddha light shinguards--g15. It will cost about 30mil even if you farm the lunar green mats yourself. Get tt pants first so you can function, then farm Lunar pants and g16 the tt pants for pvp

Actualy on DW with current prices its:

3m-3.5m x4 [Sacred Mother's Aura] (3.5m if chipped)= 12-14m
    5.5m-7.5m x1 [Chromatic Tender]
    2m-3m x2 [Unknown Tinder]= 4-6m

14+6.5 (averaging shop prices)+4m= 24.5-30m

It can be even cheaper if you farm the Sacred mothers Aura's in 3-1, which is tedious/repetative but fairly easy in squad mode. I solo 3-1 regularly. If I recall Ghost lords protection range from 7m (during 2x) -10m (regular price). In the end for that particular peice of gear the lunar is only a few mil more, which can then be resold. Well worth the investment imo. Also I think lunar gear is easier to make if you do not have people to constantly carry you through TT. The normal mats can be bought cheaply or farmed in solo mode, and 3-1 nemen is child play compared to steelation in 3-2 or 3-3. If you buy the other mats you dont end up paying much more considering the tinders arent overly expensive as 2 GLP. But those are my thoughts. I didn't have help to farm my sins gear, so that is from my perspective only.
  • panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No problem with tailor that i just got till 7.
    Its 7 for the tt99 and 6 for the shadow ashura and myriad.

I think im going to give a check to the price of the various components on my server and then see

EDIT :

The myriad ones are a bit more expansive then that , just checked that i need Lone troop shins armcore to craft the other ones. That lead to

3 fragment crystal
    1 trasparent crystal
    2 aqua essence
    2 flame essence
    2 life essence
    7 earth essence
    3 essence of nature

to get them.

Actually seems that the only problem is to find some not too pverpriced sacred mother aura...thinking to chips them if some dont come out soon...
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No problem with tailor that i just got till 7.
    Its 7 for the tt99 and 6 for the shadow ashura and myriad.

I think im going to give a check to the price of the various components on my server and then see

EDIT :

The myriad ones are a bit more expansive then that , just checked that i need Lone troop shins armcore to craft the other ones. That lead to

3 fragment crystal
    1 trasparent crystal
    2 aqua essence
    2 flame essence
    2 life essence
    7 earth essence
    3 essence of nature

to get them.

Actually seems that the only problem is to find some not too pverpriced sacred mother aura...thinking to chips them if some dont come out soon...

Dunno lunar mat prices on your server. I buy lunar frag and crystal mats in Arrowhead manor by the tele for 10k each, fire/water/life ess for 50k, earth ess for 100k, and steel/chaos ess for 10-15k each. A lot of people will sell you the mats easily if your server prices are anything like mine. I also farm the mats in lunar solo mode, which makes my cost for them normally $0 unless im being lazy.

As for auras, I buy them for 2.9-3.2mil each and I normally am able to get them fairly quickly., I also sell them at that price. I'd rather chip than pay a farmer 3.5m.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just make TT nirvana (shadow ashura greaves) and run a few BH lunars or go into lunar single mode lol; people just leave the mats on the ground
    Channels

edited July 2013
    Options
    Just make TT nirvana (shadow ashura greaves) and run a few BH lunars or go into lunar single mode lol; people just leave the mats on the ground

WHy would he make the TT nirvy pants if he cant resell them, and he's is making another one for??? It's either or, both is kinda redundant.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    WHy would he make the TT nirvy pants if he cant resell them, and he's is making another one for??? It's either or, both is kinda redundant.

Not if you want a pvp and pve set of gears. LA G16 Niv has no -interval. They were just probably giving that as an example, they could very well make a lunar niv g15 pants, and a lunar niv g16 one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • panca21
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The prices are similar on my server, so it was quite cheap to get the essence and so.
    Actually like i said im a beginner, dont know what i need to do the solo mode and what level/gear i need for that.

Well i dont need the dual set for pvp and pve, i only pve and going for the myriad blossom with -0.5 int. Like someone say, i can sell them eventually if im not feel satisfied; thing that i cant do if i go for the shadow ashura.

EDIT :

I was sure that some other questions would come with time :)

I forged the barrier thorn gutbreaker, and it got 2 sock
    ...so...
    does the 2 socks (as sumber of sockets, not what i put inside) pass to the barrier thorn nirvana and to the dark death thorn and netherworld guidance?

Or should i sell the 2 sock one for a 1 sock + cash and then forge the barrier thorn nirvana from there?