Options
2»

Comments

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Many classes aren't confined to rolls. It's not up to us; but squad leader for the role which should be pre-defined in WC.

Yes for your main role you're right. But if you're picked as a DD and you see the healer having troubles or you see a DD dying and the healer is occupied with the tank you forget about DDing and help with the heals even if it isn't your job and go back to DDing afterwards. That's what makes having a mystic in squad great.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I've both cleric and mystic... But the only situation I remember of team work with the other class is in cleric teamworking with mystics. I don't remember anything specific but normally when in a squad I'm the only cleric and there's a mystic, we automatically assume that I'm the main healer and the mystic helps me if needed with healing, while she can also DD. Also, I think it already happened the mystic I was in squad with was taking care of all healing so I changed to DD because she was healing everything before me xD
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes for your main role you're right. But if you're picked as a DD and you see the healer having troubles or you see a DD dying and the healer is occupied with the tank you forget about DDing and help with the heals even if it isn't your job and go back to DDing afterwards. That's what makes having a mystic in squad great.

Today I was mystic in squad with a cleric, and here's a common scenario that happened: I switch to heal mode only to have cleric hitting the same targets needlessly.

What I think you've missed here is your mention of DD. DD from what I understand is Damage Dealer: not tank. DD's who would burden healers need to learn or play their role, and healers need to learn to deal with them in a way they can learn from. If a weak dd wants to tank unnecessary things: They can use pots or die.

That same run (BH SoT); a barb went and pulled all of the phys immune mobs (including the ones we can go around) to some AoE mobs. I just stood back and watched, then came an apology. Similarly if people want to go attack the mobs in the far side of the boss room in BH Aba, or the ones after puppet boss: I don't help. I did end up killing/ tanking/ self healing on those phys immune mobs, but waited for the other mobs to be gone.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Today I was mystic in squad with a cleric, and here's a common scenario that happened: I switch to heal mode only to have cleric hitting the same targets needlessly.

What I think you've missed here is your mention of DD. DD from what I understand is Damage Dealer: not tank. DD's who would burden healers need to learn or play their role, and healers need to learn to deal with them in a way they can learn from. If a weak dd wants to tank unnecessary things: They can use pots or die.

That same run (BH SoT); a barb went and pulled all of the phys immune mobs (including the ones we can go around) to some AoE mobs. I just stood back and watched, then came an apology. Similarly if people want to go attack the mobs in the far side of the boss room in BH Aba, or the ones after puppet boss: I don't help. I did end up killing/ tanking/ self healing on those phys immune mobs, but waited for the other mobs to be gone.

It was just meant to be an example, I can give others but the point is the same. Tbh letting them die might help them learn their lesson, but in my experience most just end up blaming the healer. A good DD would realize they need to take it down a notch without necessarily having to die. Personally if I can safely save them without putting myself or the others in danger, I go for it to ignore any extra complications. Taking time to res/buff them back takes longer time anyways.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19