Mystic and cleric cooperation..

Options
Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Mystic
I have searched and couldnt find a thread but forgive me if I have overlooked it somehow...

The reason I opened this is that I would like to hear about other mystics experiences when it comes to teamworking with clerics (which can be harder than it sounds). Is it a general problem for mystics that most cleric refuses to heal them? We hear it is our job to keep the cleric alive and we're good healers but some mystics, (like myself), sometimes goes tankmode or work as puller just to mention an example and then it would be nice with suport healing(got full rrr9 but is still a bit squeashy since i havent got it +10 yet. However.. i have my strategies..) . So what I want to hear is other mystics experiences with clerics since I wonder if it is only me or a general problem.

Some examples:

1) I'm in a warsong squad and I am tanking the mobs when the cleric tell me to heal the squad refusing to do it herself. I ignore her and continue to tank and then she want res, which I tell her not works in there. She boots me from squad and I pull the snake boss and vipes her squad before I jump off.

2) I am in AEU and we get balance. There's me and 1 cleric so we go each with one team.. her team lack behind and I ask her kindly if she would consider to give it a try to drop bb and use her other healskills so she can do aeo and help dd'ing. I was thinking that if I am able to keep my team alive with no bb then she might too..bb isnt the clerics only healskill after all and I like to be creative on strategies. But instead of considering she starts to acuse me for attacking her, saying I asume she cant keep people alive with bb, when i simply suggested a creative strategy.

3) I sometimes pull and cleric get mad at me because they think I will drag agro to their bb. I am aware.. I use gale or geenie skill to avoid they get agro or i pull the mob around bb and into vortex if there's a seeker...but the cleric still get mad at me.

4) I have squaded with clerics who has been so much of a pain to me that I have to let them die once or twice without res before they cooperate with me (switching to healmode while cleric has to walk back of course)

Has anyone had similare experiences? I would apreciate to hear from other mystics to know if it is common. Thanks for your concideration.b:cute
Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
And a lot of alts...
Post edited by Aziza_Atori - Archosaur on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    2) I am in AEU and we get balance. There's me and 1 cleric so we go each with one team.. her team lack behind and I ask her kindly if she would consider to give it a try to drop bb and use her other healskills so she can do aeo and help dd'ing. I was thinking that if I am able to keep my team alive with no bb then she might too..bb isnt the clerics only healskill after all and I like to be creative on strategies. But instead of considering she starts to acuse me for attacking her, saying I asume she cant keep people alive with bb, when i simply suggested a creative strategy.

Speaking as both a cleric and a mystic, no, I don't think she should have reacted that way, but honestly, I know I'm simply way too lazy to do more than bb during that part of Balance anyway and I don't see any problem in her just keeping bb. Just switch some DDs around or hold up on killing one side a bit if it's that big of a problem.

And tbh, I really do expect other clerics and mystics in PVE squads to generally keep themselves alive unless they're pretty undergeared or they're tanking/pulling for whatever reason. I'll do some spot healing on them if needed otherwise, but really...

Also, you seem to be like...attracted to clerics with terrible attitudes or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Luckily i also know clerics whom i cooperate with just fine and who doesnt mind to let me a healing hand when needed..and i always rely on my own heals as much as I can but sometimes, tanking is my way to keep damage off my squad and then it is nice to get plume shield or iron heart or just a heal in addition to my own healings. As for strategies. I like to try new ways to find out what is possible and what isnt.
    And a lot of alts...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    A lot of clerics are bad and or stupid, many time when I get in squad the cleric say sometime like ''Mystic heal, I'll DD'', I say ''No sorry, but if I wanted to be a main healer I would play cleric''.

I lvled 2 clerics and played them as main for 2-3 years and a cleric can solo heal all instances in the game, a cleric that need support is a cleric that suck or just got a bad luck (lad or w/e can happen).

I currently play my mystic as main since a year, I don't mind to be main healer if there's no cleric, but when there's a cleric I refuse to be main healer, I rerolled mystic cause I was tired to be a main healer, I tried wizz, but due to the lack of good clerics on my server I got frustrated to die 94 times each day, so I tried mystic thinking ''I will be a DD and if the cleric suck I'll be able to save my butt'' and it's right, unfortunately more and more clerics get tired of the role of healer and beside role a other class they turn in metal mage which obligate mystic to play the cleric role.

If I see a cleric that main heal and get trouble I will support heal, I'm not stupid and won't let people die cause the cleric cannot do it alone, but if the cleric is DDing while people die than I won't shut my mouth and heal, I will directly say to he cleric to do his job and heal, mystics are not there for the cleric to DD.

Clerics should be able to solo heal and shouldn't act like ''Oh sweet a mystic let's take it easy we have a second healer'' the time the mystic spend to heal cause the cleric is lazy it's time that there's one less DD since the mystic is busy healing for the cleric.

It's not the mystic job to keep the cleric alive, the cleric should be able to do it alone, on my clerics I can do every instances as solo healer so any cleric should be able to do the same.

In resume yes clerics are frustrating cause they assume they can be lazy when there's a mystic, they don't realize that the time the mystic heal at their place the mystic don't DD, which make the run longer and harder for the squad.

I almost never get heal by clerics, even when I get aggro and tank, which is frustrating, if there's a lot of mobs and everyone get attack I do understand that the cleric heal other class before me cause I can heal myself and other class cannot, but when I get aggro on a boss that don't AOE and I'm the only one getting attacked it's frustrating that the cleric don't heal me, a mystic can play many role and if the mystic is tanking than he should be treat as a tank and get heal, when I'm on my cleric I treat mystic like any other DD, psy, wizz or w/e, if they need heal I will heal them and not act like ''they can heal themselves I don't need to heal them'', the time I don't heal them it's time that the mystic need to heal himself which mean less DD, ofc if 3 persons need heal asap I will heal the class that cannot heal himself, but if no one is in big danger than yes I'll shot some heal to the mystic if he need some.

The problem is clerics treat mystics as second healer beside consider them as DD.

But there's also stupid mystics. In GV (Delta, RB) on my cleric when I'm in BB I saw a lot of mystic overheal while it's not needed, the DDs have trouble to finish to kill the wave and the mystic stand dropping healing plant and comforting mist even is no one hp dropped lower than 90% with just BB. If there's a cleric in BB in GV (Delta/RB) a mystic should never need to heal at all and do his job which is to DD.

Unfortunately on my server 95% of mystics and 95% of clerics are bad. There's maybe 3 mystics that I could say are great on my server and maybe 5-10 clerics (speaking of people still playing). Maybe I judge harder since I'm on a PVP server where TW is really important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It seem like our experiences are some of the same Bella. I agree there's both bad clerics and mystics out there as well. I have seen mystics that were so bad that it embarrased me..It is not just about to spam venegance or put vital herb up. But really... as you say yourself..some clerics just tend to do nothign with am ystic in squad.. I hate when they just stand waiting without either healing,dd'ing or at least putting up bb.

On the other hand. I try to play as many different roles in a squad as I can depending on what is needed and what i am capable of. I have even tried to replace vortex with my galeforce which has actually not worked badb:chuckle in situations where the squad couldnt get a seeker. I agree that if the mystic is tank then the cleric should suport with heals though a mystic should always rely as little on others heals as they can.

And it is true that a mystic shouldnt need to be mainhealer with a cleric in squad. Like i mentioned in my first post.. I use the advantage the mystic have over a cleric if the cleic refuse to do the job he/she is designed for though... refuse to put res on them and let them die..then you'll see them start to heal.. sounds mean but it can be effective..

A thign peopel forget is that the difference on cleric and mystic is that even though a mystic can heal and can be quite good at it , it is not the mystics job if there's a cleric and a mystic can always refuse to be mainhealer since we can play so many roles (Though a good mystic should be able to play the healrole if needed). A cleric is made for healing propose..I dont say they are not able to dd but dd'ing isnt their job.

So it is a general problem that clerics and mystics tend to clash with each other?
    And a lot of alts...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It's annoying to me to hear "do your job" or it's so and so's job. When I make squad: I ask for tank, healer, etc so people KNOW it's what is asked of them. I don't expect them to keep that 2 hit idiot that goes around aggroing everything alive. In fact: Pick up all drops before reviving them. I also don't expect people to have to squad buff everyone individually. If you can't be a team player: use a buff pill.

People didn't roll clerics to dd. People who rolled clerics did it to heal, while there's a few reasons people roll Mystics. When I'm Mystic with a Cleric: I don't try to take their niche.

Most people shouldn't even need heals if melee toons have the BP buff. Xx_BeLLa_xX is very right about how many clerics are bad or stupid. I call some of them Chroma-spammers. There will be one toon in the squad that needs healing (typically a wiz) but the stupid cleric will waste their own MP spamming Chromatic Healing Beam. -Monkeys could do better!

In Warsong Metal; it's likely that a cleric would out dd a mystic (for refraining to use Gale Force). We're also in a time where many squads don't need the defense boost of Regeneration Aura. In some cases: it makes more sense for the Mystic to heal. Another example is the last group of wave 3 delta. Ideally Mystic drops Vit + Healing Herb and then both Mystic and Cleric DD.

Finally if you were too gung ho to get cleric buffs and you jump right in and take on a tanking roll: don't expect heals from me, and don't tell me it's my job. It's your job to get buffs when given.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I dont try to take the clerics place when there is one and I already mentioned clerics can be good dd's but their 1st prority is to heal...As I said before.. being mainhealer isnt mandatory for a mystic like it is for a cleric...A mystic can say no to being mainhealer while no one would want to squad up with a cleric who say he/she says, I wont heal I prefer to dd. I would refuse to be mainhealer just so the cleric could dd unless the cleric is really op.
    And a lot of alts...
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    1) I'm in a warsong squad...she want res

sounds more like fail players than problems with cleric-mystic coordination b:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited July 2013
    Options
    sounds more like fail players than problems with cleric-mystic coordination b:chuckle

In warsong I get asked to ress buff sometime. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In warsong I get asked to ress buff sometime. xD

maybe they like to have two balls around them b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited July 2013
    Options
    maybe they like to have two balls around them b:avoid

Yea it's like when a caster ask for the wizz buff. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Wow o.O Reading this thread made me much more appreciative of the clerics on my server.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Wow o.O Reading this thread made me much more appreciative of the clerics on my server.

Are the cleris good in general on your server? I know good clerics on Archosaur of course(You know who you're guys if one of you read thisb:chuckle). But i really tend to be unlucky sometimes.
    And a lot of alts...
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't think clerics are better healers. The only advantage I know of is Regeneration Aura which is overused.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Are the cleris good in general on your server? I know good clerics on Archosaur of course(You know who you're guys if one of you read thisb:chuckle). But i really tend to be unlucky sometimes.

On my server it's more that you have the 2 or 3 fail clerics you can fillter out once you know their names but in general yeah all clerics do their job (even though the bb abuse is still present). I never had the problem of the cleric dding and wanting me to heal.

And I've never been asked to res buff in ws. f:hehe
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I don't think clerics are better healers. The only advantage I know of is Regeneration Aura which is overused.

I agree with you on that one.. I even think many clerics barely know how to heal properly without bbb:chuckle. And I envy your server then Alexis..
    And a lot of alts...
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Agreed b:avoid
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • Christona - Raging Tide
    Christona - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    As a cleric as my main b4 i played the class i hated them which is due to some mean mystics on my server. My mystic is 89..cant decide which path to go yet xD on raging tides a few clerics feel strongly about not having any help healing. I dont, if a plant can keep everyone healed i dont mind putting down some dd and debuffs.
    My main is a cleric... its my nature to heal. I try to do it on all my toons xD... i have got kicked out of fcs for putting healing herb down on bosses pulls and even putting pedals or the salvation bubble on pullers or healing the puller as bb is being.cast since there hp is 3/4 away gone and dropping. I would rather heal til bb up n not dd for 3 seconds than wipe and waste 5 minuets rebuffing and set to go again. But i just dont get why clerics mind having an extra person heal.
    I do admit mystics are lower down on my list to heal in a squad. Half the time ill heal them and right away they heal themselves. A tank is a tank ill heal any tank. Personal i think the mystics that are posting here are the ones that know how to heal and can do it better than clerics. I can heal on mystic better than most clerics can in fcs now a days
    edited July 2013
    Options

Yup, I can solo heal a lot of stuff, people are surprise when I say I can solo heal BH GV/RB/Delta wave 2-3 and DD while doing it, if the squad have decent gears I can solo heal Warsong too. I was also solo healing for lower BH, people was always surprise to see a mystic solo heal.
    I never had the problem of the cleric dding and wanting me to heal.

And I've never been asked to res buff in ws. f:hehe

Lucky you, on HL I can say honestly that there's only 3 clerics that did Impress me. Majority of people on HL are constantly charm cause of PVP/TW/NW and in PVE 75% of the time if people don't die in PVE it's cause they are charm, not cause of the cleric. Clerics on HL think that if people are charm they can take it easy and when people complain about their charm ticking people answer ''A charm is made for that'', yes true, but people using charm on HL use it for PVP/TW/NW and we can't remove it for PVE, but a cleric should be able to keep people alive without need their charm to tick for it. Many time on HL the cleric heal after the charm tick.

A good cleric will keep you alive, a great cleric will save your charm. <-

I don't necessary think that mystic have better heals than cleric, I just think that some are better as healer than some clerics cause they are more skilled. I played cleric as main for a long time so when I did roll my mystic the healing part was already learn, I know how to play my role as main healer, but as ex-cleric I know what a cleric should be able to do and I don't overheal. A mystic that overheal is just annoying cause he waste a spot.

I said earlier that only 3 clerics on my server did impress me, but there's no mystic on my server that did impress me, maybe I judge harder cause I'm on a PVP server where PVP/TW is really important, but ye I didn't found yet a mystic on my server that did impress me.

When I see other servers speak about mystics I'm glad I'm on HL, I know that on HT a mystic that GF in GV/RB/Delta will be consider fail, while on HL mystic are take as AOE DD in GV/RB/Delta so if they don't GF they will be consider fails.

Even in Lunar the other day I did GF a lot cause people had trouble to stay alive and people even said good job to me cause they realize that the silence/freeze was actually saving their life. I'm probably sure at 100% that on a other server I would have be kick out of the squad, while actually in some situation GF can save people as much as a heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yup, I can solo heal a lot of stuff, people are surprise when I say I can solo heal BH GV/RB/Delta wave 2-3 and DD while doing it, if the squad have decent gears I can solo heal Warsong too. I was also solo healing for lower BH, people was always surprise to see a mystic solo heal.

I had heard of a couple mystics saying how they solo healed C2D 69. I had hoped I'd never be put on the spot for it, then bam it happened. 4.xk hp cleric dies on first aoe: tag I'm it. It worked. Was less worried when I got to Decaying Fragrance. I will say that Decaying Fragrance seems easier to solo than Polearm though, but maybe I tried at range -can't remember but I think I knew better!?
    A good cleric will keep you alive, a great cleric will save your charm. <-

Maybe my fault, but sometimes squad members draw too much attention from the person that should be being healed (and we should let them die). I also don't play with charms so I'm not terribly sympathetic to that. One good example is the seeker that went 4 groups into warsong metal and expected a cleric with 4.xk hp to follow and bb, then blatted a storm about 4 hits he got on his charm and why I didn't follow as wiz to help kill (as if I was the one with BP or the idiot overbiting). I even said don't do it when he told us to follow, and he wasn't leader of the squad.

Too many times I see this type of scenario: some idiot puller that doesn't consider the limitations of the squad. As a cleric: I'll stand my ground and let them die deep in (was a common scenario with the old BH SoT and the Helltoads)..
    I don't necessary think that mystic have better heals than cleric, I just think that some are better as healer than some clerics cause they are more skilled.

Break in the Clouds vs Wellspring Surge:

Ch/cast
    BitC: .5 / .5
    WsS: 1.5 / 1

BitC: "Target regains HP equal to 330, plus 30%
    of your basic Magic attack."

WsS: "Rapidly heals the target with a
    surge of magic, restoring 350 HP
    plus 20% of your base magic attack."

I am far more comfortable with BitC than WsS! It literally saves lives and charm ticks!

Falling Petals vs Ironheart Blessing:

Ch/cast
    FP: .5/1
    IH: 1/1

FP: "The target regains HP equal to 714 plus 30% of your basic Magic
    Attack 9 seconds after being attacked. Lasts up to 1 minute."

IH: "Bless the target to restore 714 HP plus 30%
    of your base magic attack over 15 seconds." *stacks up to 3

-Both ch/cast faster for mystic. Both are comparable (mystic can use other heals to compensate for stack), FP is less timing dependent than IH.

Aegis sphere is mobile: Regeneration Aura is not. Regeneration Aura is stun-able: Vit herb, healing herb, falling petals, Gaia's Blessing aren't.

Ask any moderately equipped barb what they're more comfortable with on typical stun out of RA boss. The first time my wiz tanked BH SoT; it was with IH heals from a cleric that couldn't tank the AoE in BB.
    When I see other servers speak about mystics I'm glad I'm on HL, I know that on HT a mystic that GF in GV/RB/Delta will be consider fail, while on HL mystic are take as AOE DD in GV/RB/Delta so if they don't GF they will be consider fails.

I GF in delta, but I'm also usually tank, solo healer, or primary dd. I also have sage GF which doesn't move mobs fast or far (easy to tab select another target for melee, and melee aren't usually a factor I care for there). I don't think anyone has complained about me GF'ing in RB. I won't do it in BH Metal except for pulls, because that would be just stupid.
    Even in Lunar the other day I did GF a lot cause people had trouble to stay alive and people even said good job to me cause they realize that the silence/freeze was actually saving their life. I'm probably sure at 100% that on a other server I would have be kick out of the squad, while actually in some situation GF can save people as much as a heal.

To make myself useful in lunar: I become the puller. I don't do crazy big pulls; instead I go in a ways, GF, setup a heal herb; let squad set up, then I go GF some more mobs and pull to where they're setup. I also throw in whatever special heals they might need. GF outside of that in lunar is going to be squad dependent. I like to run ranged only squads when on cleric or mystic which don't mind sage GF as much.

I realize that my way of doing things isn't going to work for all (demon GF vs sage, pulling in warsong, activity in RB, GF in Lunar); just making some suggestions, but not guidelines from an apparently well accepted and sometimes cherished mystic. Basically do what's best for your squad. The freaking Psychics today moving mobs around in BH metal just made it worse for the ones trying to get a squad later (felt bad about not taking them but I left 2 squads, gave up 4 mirages and over half an hour of time because of their dumb anti-squad butts).
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm working my way through most the classes so I can play better as a cleric, and I've reached mystic!

As a mystic in squads, it's an occupational hazard of mine to go full support, mostly because of a lack of clerics x.x When a cleric's in squad, I leave the tank for her, and I'll keep the squishes and cleric alive. If the cleric is a capable one, I'll leave all the healing to her and help with the debuffs and DD, I'll just plonk down Vital at the end of the pull.

As a cleric, everyone gets heals, but when people start dying, I tend to focus less on the mystic and more on classes that can't keep themselves alive.f:cute
    Yea it's like when a caster ask for the wizz buff. xD
    Who wouldn't want a sparklewep buff? x.x

Clerics get a wider range of heals, the key is to know which to use when >:
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options

Clerics get a wider range of heals, the key is to know which to use when >:

As a sage cleric Blessing of the Purehearted, and Stream of Rejuvenation are useless.

Mystic has Break in the Clouds, Falling Petals, Comforting Mist, Verdant Blessing, Aegis Sphere, Healing Herb, Vit Herb, Swinging Cloud Dance, and Gaia's Blessing. We don't have Regeneration Aura, but we do have Spheres, Spider Vine (Frighten), and Gale Force.

For PvP we have sublime transfusion.

Mystics heal so good that they don't need purify like clerics do.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Purify > heals quite a bit of the time in PVP, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    As a sage cleric Blessing of the Purehearted, and Stream of Rejuvenation are useless.

Mystic has Break in the Clouds, Falling Petals, Comforting Mist, Verdant Blessing, Aegis Sphere, Healing Herb, Vit Herb, Swinging Cloud Dance, and Gaia's Blessing. We don't have Regeneration Aura, but we do have Spheres, Spider Vine (Frighten), and Gale Force.

tell me your sin tanks don't want bubble purified off in water pav, or the rib strike from water boss taken off. Also tell me how happy your tank is gonna be when eating 0 pdef debuffs from something like pole
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

This is off topic since we're not comparing mystics to clerics, but I'm going to call you out on Stream of Rejuvenation. I would rather cast SoR on a tank to get it's HP full, then AoE heal or IH the others. Blessing of the Purehearted is pretty well known for being a useless heal during combat, so I've nothing to add.
    For PvP we have Absorbs, and purify helps with getting rid of nasty debuffs and statuses that may result in being oneshot. *cough*Earthguard combos*cough* Heals are useless if you get oneshot >:

Back on topic!

Most clerics seem pretty happy to have a mystic in squad, but you do get those clerics who see a second healer and jump straight into Violet Dance. //kicks a puppyf:fume
    In my humble opinion, mystics, when a cleric's in squad can focus on DD, maybe spot heal anyone that the cleric can't get to in time. Or when excrement hits the fan.f:sneakyf:hehe
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sorry for off topic, but Casters asking for wiz buff -Veno that uses melee! Actually any caster that uses melee. Melee classes don't benefit from it near as much.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well as mystic you need to be able to play as many roles as posible(not all at same time of course xD) puller if needed, tank if needed and you can, healer if there's none or a bad cleric.. dd if squad needs a dd...a mystic is designed to be able to fill almost every role with the right gears and skills...Someone once called me miss magic seeker because i filled that position in lunar once while others have called me a barb with wand in other situations xD ...some people get very surprised that i dont stay in the background spamming venegance the whole instance. I'm sure other mystics has encountered that situation too..

I have seen some clerics who were pro and op enough to tank and heal...a cleric can be very strong when they pop out of bb b:chuckle
    And a lot of alts...
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I never had any collaboration problem but to be honest I very rarely (almost never indeed) go somewhere with random squads... However I suppose that in any random squad the main point would be to briefly decide before the instance who has to be the main healer and what is the role assigned to everyone. That way if you're not ok with the role that squadmates want you to play then just don't go with them...
    Anyway I hope that the examples you gave are just rare exceptions
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The problem but also the benefit for a mystic is that we're not designed to a specific role like most other classes so a squad tends to not know what to do with us.. so it is up to ourselves actually to fill the role we judge will benefit the squad most.
    And a lot of alts...
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Kinda funny reading this thread from mystic perspective, it seems like most cleric are under power in term of healing and DD compare than mystic x.x.
  • tweakz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The problem but also the benefit for a mystic is that we're not designed to a specific role like most other classes so a squad tends to not know what to do with us.. so it is up to ourselves actually to fill the role we judge will benefit the squad most.

Many classes aren't confined to rolls. It's not up to us; but squad leader for the role which should be pre-defined in WC.