Options
2»

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Anyone beat my best record of 26 consecutive death gates? b:chuckle

I believe in one gate i went to 37 death gates.

I believe most people here missed OP's point.

Let's get terminology out of the way.

Power gate = the labels that you click, there are 19 (i think).

Each power gate has 48 gates inside.

Each Circle has 19 power gates.

Now

Finish your first Circle

Move to 2nd Circle

Now open a gate, you got a death gate 7 times in one day, too bad.

Next day, yay, you got an open gate on the 4th try, the next gate you opened is a death gate, everything is reset

3rd day, 7 tries = no luck

4th day, found one open gate but got a death gate right after

Keep on repeating the above procedure until you actually find 2 Open gates right after each other.

Remember there are 11 Circles that you have to complete. So if the first circle = 1 gate only to move on. 2nd circle = some power gates require 2 open gates consecutively, that means circle 3 and beyond will be much harder than the circles before.

Reread what i mean by power gate, open gate, circle, so we are on the same page again before i see QQ about this.

This is a free feature yes, but due to the fact each time you get a death gate after getting an open gate, things reset (is this 100% confirmed?) that means you can spend some very long days being stuck at the same point.

What happens if there are only 3 open gates out of 48 and you have to click on 3 in sequence to progress? Let me make it simple, 3/48x2/47x1/46. That is a 0.005% chance to make it forward

Now you see 0.005%, that is the same chance as getting a Scroll of tome from a pack.

Hopefully now you see what it is that the OP and I fear if the meridian system has a few of these power gates later on as you progress to the later circles.

I could be totally wrong b:laugh, since i am not there.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Who cares...refine your gear to +12, what does it matter if you finish Meridian or not...What else are you going to do with the pills from BH?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Who cares...refine your gear to +12, what does it matter if you finish Meridian or not...What else are you going to do with the pills from BH?

For those mere mortals who do not +12 things, meridian was/is a good thing.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,830 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    gotta be fair for two reasons if it was to easy you would finnish it really quick and would be a pointless system. Since your ment to start this at Lv 40 you would have plenty of days to do it to Lv 100. only thing that annoys me is another daily. Mind saying that i dont have to do it.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    When it resets, the placement of the gates does not change. Just remember where the first open gate was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    When it resets, the placement of the gates does not change. Just remember where the first open gate was.

Thank you, that simplifies things a lot. b:victory
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ya'll seem so jaded. Calm Down. It's a game.

Carry on.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ya'll seem so jaded. Calm Down. It's a game.

Carry on.

JUST A GAME!? b:scorn

ITS NOT JUST A GAME! b:angry

THIS.... IS... MY... LIFE! b:infuriated

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wow
    Can this generation get more ridiculous?

Hey, Earth, I've been a great citizen
    Where's my caddy?
    I don't wanna work for it, that's ridiculous!
    b:angry
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    For those mere mortals who do not +12 things, meridian was/is a good thing.

For those mere mortals who do not +12 instantly, they have the patience to work their gear up just like how they will be playing with Meridian. They are likely not the ones complaining here.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The meridian System is a great addition to this game. OFC it needs to be hard in some ways.

Lately I find myself enjoy it when I get a door open or 2. ON my Main, Twinks, etc...
    It boosts up the stats quite a bit and is great for low levels to get some extra stats.

The only ones that are upset about this new system are the ones that alrdy got everything upped to max. Why? Because they can't just easily up that one to max like nothing.

The biggest problem with such (let me call them cash nubs) is, that if they would face equal geared players they would prolly die because (in most cases) they cannot play and need the gear to be superior. If one just wins due to gear then they are fail. That's it. It's a truth most of these guys try to ignore. Just like kicking someone who lays on the ground. NO achievement at all.

I enjoy this new system. ty PWE (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just to summarize and endorse a lot of the replies in this thread:

Meridian bonuses are free and are not a constitutionally derived right.

Try your luck and enjoy the results. Earn the pills or don't. Buy the pills or don't. You can progress, eventually, either way.

If it's too annoying for you, or requires too much work or patience, just don't do it. Nothing will be taken from you. You'll be as well-off as you were before. Play on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ^ This @ Glen and Joe

Seriously, what is wrong with patience any more these days when it comes to things? I think of this like a mini-game within a game, a game that I don't have to compete with anyone since everyone is in the same troubles with meridian. You can't say you don't smile when you find an Open Gate. Its like a treat which means no need to overload on them.

Glen and Joe said it right.

Stop trying to find a way to Cash your way to the top because in the end you have to wait just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ^ This @ Glen and Joe

Seriously, what is wrong with patience any more these days when it comes to things? I think of this like a mini-game within a game, a game that I don't have to compete with anyone since everyone is in the same troubles with meridian. You can't say you don't smile when you find an Open Gate. Its like a treat which means no need to overload on them.

Glen and Joe said it right.

Stop trying to find a way to Cash your way to the top because in the end you have to wait just like everyone else.

But that's no way to talk to PWI's newest class...the 'entitlement class.'

These people think they are owed the easy way just for being here. They believe they deserve to get what everyone else has with little or no effort fast and any attempt at making them work for something is instantly barraged with endless QQ in-game and on the forums on how unfair and hard it is and must be nerfed! Yup. The entitlement class.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This discussion is still going? Jebuz for the love of donuts, if you don't like it...

DON'T

FREAKING

DO IT.

More than a LOAD of people have already stated this in this thread LOOOOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    free hp, free defenses, and free damage boost, whats to hate?

b:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    oh my just noticed i hit 1k posts

f:victoryf:grinf:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    free hp, free defenses, and free damage boost, whats to hate?

b:victory

What's there to hate? Apparently each gate doesn't have a 100% success rate for opening to the next level and that we aren't allowed an unlimited amount of tries for free to max it out in an hour. That's what. The entitlement class demands that they should be able to do all with no effort.

• GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    oh my just noticed i hit 1k posts

f:victoryf:grinf:victory

Gratz Salari.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I dont know how many have passed the first circle, I am expecting average players to be done with it soon (My archer getting close). When first circle is done, you have to find gate twice in a row to open more. The thing that just basically annoyed the **** out of me was how I had 19 misses, find one, miss --> All back to blank. I find this kind of system ludicrous, its just so luck based and there is really no way to be certain "You`ll get there". Yes, I needed my QQ thread, sue me.

G*d damn PWI! b:shocked Why do you have to make the game challenging! It's not fair!! Meridian should be easier and not more difficult as we progress through it! QQ! b:cry

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    G*d damn PWI! b:shocked Why do you have to make the game challenging! It's not fair!! Meridian should be easier and not more difficult as we progress through it! QQ! b:cry

We got your point already, "entitlement class" yada yada yada"why you qq game is easy" yada yada yada.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Interesting. One player continues arguing his side, another player replies and the replier is castigated for continuing their argument. Seems kinda ......... off kilter, don'cha think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ararat - Heavens Tear
    Ararat - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Know someone that has finished the second ring and going for third. You still need to get 2 open gates in a row, BUT it does reset the first open gate if the next is not open, so much harder the second time around. They have been on that part for at least 4 days now.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I think the only valid reason one could complain about the Meridian system is that it can be done in a pay-to-win format, allowing some people to buy their way to that 1000/1200/1400 HP. But then, this game has always had P2W elements in it, even before they started becoming game-breaking in 2009. So there's not a whole lot to complain about especially given the prices on Meridian pills in the CS. Several gold for 50 pills (I forgot how many)? No thanks.

Now, I've been hearing a lot about the placement of the living gates and how they reset. Am I hearing that when I clear CV1 on Ring 1, then when I get to Ring 2, the same living gates will be there in the next CV1? Or is it just that the center's positions stay even if you do the pass-fail? And if so, what of Ararat's suggestion that they all reset starting on Ring 3? Can anyone confirm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).