Meridian system is ridiculous

HideYoHubby - Archosaur
HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
I dont know how many have passed the first circle, I am expecting average players to be done with it soon (My archer getting close). When first circle is done, you have to find gate twice in a row to open more. The thing that just basically annoyed the **** out of me was how I had 19 misses, find one, miss --> All back to blank. I find this kind of system ludicrous, its just so luck based and there is really no way to be certain "You`ll get there". Yes, I needed my QQ thread, sue me.
__Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
Post edited by HideYoHubby - Archosaur on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Damn, I`m soon done with it but that`s what you can expect from pay 2 win, next to impossible getting further just from dailies then...Was hoping to get 300 more hp out of it to have 11k hp unbuffed, oh well will save time from doing dailies just to get the damn pills!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was waiting for this thread to start. I just wanted a confirmation of the fact that success+failure on gate = reset.

Btw, did you try and place the last open gate as your first gate the next time? did it come out as open? First time let's say the open gate was 5th one, it reset, the next time you started, did you click on the 5th one to see if it was still the open gate?
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    I was waiting for this thread to start. I just wanted a confirmation of the fact that success+failure on gate = reset.

Btw, did you try and place the last open gate as your first gate the next time? did it come out as open? First time let's say the open gate was 5th one, it reset, the next time you started, did you click on the 5th one to see if it was still the open gate?

I was too annoyed to think <.<. I have heard both from people that they are the same and that they change. The one who opened 3 things like that says they change and I am tempted to believe him, knowing how much money he puts into game, he prolly has been trying "few" times.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ehh, I'm not there yet so I can't judge. It's probably annoying but they had to make it challenging somehow.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited June 2013
    Ehh, I'm not there yet so I can't judge. It's probably annoying but they had to make it challenging somehow.

Thing is, according to info I saw sins max out at 1.2k hp, I am currently at 120 hp. It would suggest it keeps getting harder, this kind of **** this early will likely mean absurd time/efforst spent on opening all of it.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heh, just wait til they get to the other meridians; these two are just the main two meridians. They aren't even the ones targeted in strikes for the most part, the lack of LI4 is almost insulting.

Wait to hate until much later.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh no, how ridiculous. A system that gives you a free bonus and actually makes you be patient. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Already on my 4th circle.

What sucks is, the amount of attempts you have resets back to 3 on maintenance >_>.

Edit: Make that my 5th circle.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Already on my 4th circle.

What sucks is, the amount of attempts you have resets back to 3 on maintenance >_>.

Edit: Make that my 5th circle.

b:surrender Someone is lucky.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh no, how ridiculous. A system that gives you a free bonus and actually makes you be patient. b:chuckle

It's the "gimmee now" mentality that runs rampant through a society plagued by entitlements, for those who shouldn't be entitled in the first place.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013

or paying a lot :p
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's the "gimmee now" mentality that runs rampant through a society plagued by entitlements, for those who shouldn't be entitled in the first place.

Yeeeep and that's the same reason so many good challenges in this game have been ruined f:scared
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont know how many have passed the first circle, I am expecting average players to be done with it soon (My archer getting close). When first circle is done, you have to find gate twice in a row to open more. The thing that just basically annoyed the **** out of me was how I had 19 misses, find one, miss --> All back to blank. I find this kind of system ludicrous, its just so luck based and there is really no way to be certain "You`ll get there". Yes, I needed my QQ thread, sue me.

I'm nearly done with the circle. What - you were expecting to be easy? I had a bunch of Death Gates too lol. Do your daily and keep trying. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
    edited June 2013

10/48 * 9/47 *100% = 3,99%.

100/4 = 25 attempts to open said stage, each attempt being 2 pills/tries. so 50 pills/tries to open that stage I am currently on.

We have 7 free tries/day. 50 /7 = 7.14 days.

I currently have 120 hp from the system, I read for sins 1.2k should be cap. I have gotten 10% of the stats basically and while stat points are increasing per stage, they are still really slow, suggesting there is least several circles worth of stages to open.

But lets assume odds dont get any worse and we only have 3 circles after the first one. First circle is 18 stages worth of opening.

18 x 3 x 7.14 = 668,52 days. And thats with optimistic numbers. 2 years worth of dailies to fully open the system. After the speed I was getting trough em, I estimated first bout 3-4 months worth of dailies to open it completely, which I find reasonable. Now I get 2 years with optimistic numbers and its quite possible real number is even multiplying that as the stages get harder and my honest guess is we have 5 circles worth of **** to open after the first one.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

I had the hardest time with the third one. Had 12 death gates in a row before finding a gate.

4th and 5th was definitely luck.

And I only get my pills from dailies. Got 15 right now.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please notice that it's only the middle gate which needs two gates. After that it goes back to the normal circle.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Are you going to demand some form of compensation for your inherent lack of luck?
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why are people complaining about this? It's free people, FREE. Hell you can even get more mystic pills a day then you can even use AND 2 holy pills a day. Doesn't matter if it would take 2 years to fully open, you still get a bigger and bigger chunk of the available stats the longer you play this game. In fact I'm glad it would take that long otherwise the system would be dead a few months after being released. My luck on this system has been god awful (15+ fails in a row several times on just the first circle still) but I'm loving the little bonus stats you get from this.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone beat my best record of 26 consecutive death gates? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so let me guess lvl 100 in 2 months hugging fc squads and WC, only tele's unlocked on map :arch, 1k, and ur starter city, and your list of available quests reads like a novel ??? of course its not going to be easy to max it out right away you idiot, im sorry if that sounds harsh but well your an idiot, it's free bonuses to your toon the whole idea tho is its to take time CS'n will only slightly speed it up and it doesnt mean you're going to get any luckier. This is the REAL problem with this game no matter what nice little things they add in to improve the instances or help you develop your toon there is an overwhelming amount of moronic ppl who if it's not doable in the 1st 5mins rage and QQ about how unfair it all is and the game a big "fail" well **** off then, gogo play some game you can cheat code you're way to the end and have fun missing out on the rewards of actually accomplishing anything.

and i dont know cant the mods/gm start closing threads which are basicly QQ's over the cash shop its gettin old every body know it offers advantages to ppl who can afford but with all the updates we've had in last 12 mnths any1 with half a mind can figgure its not only way to get on in the game by far for you ppl who are qq'n THE CASH SHOP PAYS FOR THE GAME OF COURSE THEY WILL GIVE BETTER STUFF COS IT PAYS THEIR WAGES ALSO GET OVER IT

and yes i woke up grumpy and hung over but i cant really be the only person sick of these tedious qq's which are then turned into an attack by others on CS feature that is little diff than all the other f2p games
    edited June 2013
    Please notice that it's only the middle gate which needs two gates. After that it goes back to the normal circle.

Thats cool, then, now if I only remembered how the first circle went. Imo it was 11, 11, 11, 10, 10, 10, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5 living gates.

11/48 * 100% = 22.9%, making it 100/22.9 = 4,37 tries.

10/48 * 100% = 20,8%, making it 100/20.8 = 4,81 tries

9/48 * 100% = 18,75% making it 100/18,75 = 5,33 tries

8/48 * 100% = 16,7%, making it 100/16,7 = 5,99 tries

7/48 * 100% = 14,6%, making it 100/14.6 = 6,85 tries

6/48 *100% = 12.5%, making it 100/12.5 = 8 tries

5/48 * 100% = 10,4%, making it 100/10.4 = 9,62 tries.

Multiplying by 3 to get circle done as each living gate amount is on it 3 times

(4,37 + 4,81 + 5,33 + 5,99 + 6,85 + 8 + 9,62 ) x 3 = 116,94 tries/pills

Adding the middle one I calculated earlier 116,94 + 50= 166.94

To get how many days it takes to open one circle free
    166.94 / 7 = 23,8 days

Multiplying circles to 6, 23,8 * 6 = 142,8 days, not missing a single daily. Almost 5 months.

This is reasonable but for that difficulty cant increase and I really am fairly doubtful of that. And as using averages, this is only estimation, random will affect it even heavily for some.
    edited June 2013
    so let me guess lvl 100 in 2 months hugging fc squads and WC, only tele's unlocked on map :arch, 1k, and ur starter city, and your list of available quests reads like a novel ??? of course its not going to be easy to max it out right away you idiot, im sorry if that sounds harsh but well your an idiot, it's free bonuses to your toon the whole idea tho is its to take time CS'n will only slightly speed it up and it doesnt mean you're going to get any luckier. This is the REAL problem with this game no matter what nice little things they add in to improve the instances or help you develop your toon there is an overwhelming amount of moronic ppl who if it's not doable in the 1st 5mins rage and QQ about how unfair it all is and the game a big "fail" well **** off then, gogo play some game you can cheat code you're way to the end and have fun missing out on the rewards of actually accomplishing anything.

and i dont know cant the mods/gm start closing threads which are basicly QQ's over the cash shop its gettin old every body know it offers advantages to ppl who can afford but with all the updates we've had in last 12 mnths any1 with half a mind can figgure its not only way to get on in the game by far for you ppl who are qq'n THE CASH SHOP PAYS FOR THE GAME OF COURSE THEY WILL GIVE BETTER STUFF COS IT PAYS THEIR WAGES ALSO GET OVER IT

and yes i woke up grumpy and hung over but i cant really be the only person sick of these tedious qq's which are then turned into an attack by others on CS feature that is little diff than all the other f2p games

Lets just say I had my worst day in last few years, I was feeling so sick I almost went to hospital to get checked, had personal drama and learned my old pet will likely have to be put to sleep in few months if I cant find new apartment in that time as I am not allowed to have pets in this one. My mom, who currently has him, cant take him with her changing town as the cat, being old and scared to death by transportation, would likely die on that trip. But I do hope QQing bout QQing made your day better :).

But its adorable you call me impatient, I`ll just leave it at that.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lets just say I had my worst day in last few years, I was feeling so sick I almost went to hospital to get checked, had personal drama and learned my old pet will likely have to be put to sleep in few months if I cant find new apartment in that time as I am not allowed to have pets in this one. My mom, who currently has him, cant take him with her changing town as the cat, being old and scared to death by transportation, would likely die on that trip. But I do hope QQing bout QQing made your day better :).

and that has what to do with the meridian system? my only qq is with ppl cryin how unfair the game is when something takes a little bit of patience or effort, im sorry to hear if you're having a bad time at mo but how is coming here and having a pop at one of the better new feature's they've added going to fix that
    edited June 2013
    and that has what to do with the meridian system? my only qq is with ppl cryin how unfair the game is when something takes a little bit of patience or effort, im sorry to hear if you're having a bad time at mo but how is coming here and having a pop at one of the better new feature's they've added going to fix that

I really didnt know what your QQ bout bad day had to do with Meridian system either. I thought if hangover is excuse to be bitchy, my day might of also count for something.

If and when it doesnt get harder, its not really that bad. Bout 5 months on average to open it all doesnt sound bad, its the fact nobody knows for sure how it is and I had hearsay making it seem even more ridiculous than it seems to be. If anything, it seems like I got information out of this thread and thus am happy, hopefully its valid. What I am scared of is needing to get more in row right for the middle stage on following circles, you know, instead of 2, it goes up 1 by 1. That would add months to my estimation of 5 months of no difficulty increasing.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013

But its adorable you call me impatient, I`ll just leave it at that.

Is it dying or you just gonna do it cause it got no where to go? If your town has a humane society, take it there.
    edited June 2013
    Is it dying or you just gonna do it cause it got no where to go? If your town has a humane society, take it there.

Its not really dying, its old though and it has its personality making it hard for him to adapt to changes, with unreal fear of cars. Not sure it would live long in a place like that and its too old to give to any friends. Basically I`m its only shot, if I cant take it, would prolly be more merciful to put him to sleep than force change and complete strangers on him, he wouldnt be happy at all. Even me and new smells in my place compared to moms will be difficult on him. Well, maybe after a year of trying that I have already done I can find another place in time and save the cat so to say, just feels hopeless attempt atm.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For a lot of people, gearing up F2P took a long time too.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like someone at pwe got a raise for this feature....profit!!!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meridian = Extra Points

- which ofc they are an advantage to those lucky enough to proceed through each gate and page of gates (I already finished the first page)... Individually, each set of bonuses is nearly nothing... but when you get down to the +Hps, +Mgc Atk (for me as a caster), +PDef and +EleResists all adding up... It is most certainly worth the lil bit of time.

All you need is to log on once a day... After 5 consecutive days you get 5 free attempts as long as you have 5 mystical pills... and get the 2 free holy pills from yee yoon... 7 attempts per day FREE. There is nothing to QQ about here.

Add : And my level 54 Psy did not CS 1 single pill and is unable to open the next gate till level 56... So to put things in perspective, this new Meridian System is not not meant to be opened to the last gate instantly by FC'd CS'ers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Just from the teacher and morai dailies(not counting wraith and EU/AEU as I don't do those) thats 4 mystical pills right there.