7+1 reasons to love the update (even if you aren't OP)

Options
2»

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Just did Veno too (5k HP/6,7k with buffs)... Went pretty good... Not really hard at all... Didn't got hit by the 1st set of rocks either... 2nd set of rocks, one got me from behind and slowed me while Holy Path was still in CD (my bad, I should've waited a little longer on safe spot)... Got hit twice and still lived... Puppet boss went smooth as well... Much like everything else... Conclusion: BH Aba also isn't too hard... Just make sure you know what you're doing... f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Answers are in another color.

During 1 day of 2x I got more than 15k DQ points for one of my accounts.

2x is one only change of this update in comparison with game before update.

Well sorry buddy, Low lvl players got alot of content update in the past, its nice that they looking after lvl 100's for a change since they been **** us over constantly for the past year? What content for low levels you ask? Oh lets see. PV. More exp from quests. Shat loads of coin from quests, lucid peoples, questmaster, harbinger. Dreamchaser pack. Less mobs to kill for quests. I remember killing like 80 mobs for 10k coin woot b:bye
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well sorry buddy, Low lvl players got alot of content update in the past, its nice that they looking after lvl 100's for a change since they been **** us over constantly for the past year? What content for low levels you ask? Oh lets see. PV. More exp from quests. Shat loads of coin from quests, lucid peoples, questmaster, harbinger. Dreamchaser pack. Less mobs to kill for quests. I remember killing like 80 mobs for 10k coin woot b:bye

Reducing the kill count and upping the rewards of existing quests is not new content. Nor is it three different things.....:P Lucid isn't for low levels, it's for everyone. The most common prize is good for mostly low levels but there are prizes in there for everyone. I'm not just referring to the scrolls or gem packs. Things like charms and faction/squad signets are made the best use on a high level character. Same with PV. Actually, the primary beneficiaries of PV are high levels, as it's a real way to get to 105. Whereas as FC is still better EXP for the low levels. The harbinger and jj although new content were only added to fix a nerf to low level content. The only real content that lowbies have gotten that was not a response to a nerf, was the new quests that still take place in a ghost town. And as such, are often skipped because most people would rather keep up with their friends. And the DC gear, which they cannot get in-game and cannot get at all times. As it's closer to add-on content like Jones, than new content in it's own right.

Descent, Sirens of War, and Rising Call have all been mostly high level oriented. Genesis which was the last huge lowbie oriented expansion, came out in 2011.

This game needs new low level content. IT needs to attract new players. The next expansion should address their needs.

It seems you've been unhappy with the changes but I don't really see how you can say that high levels are being looked after for a change. When the last three expansions have all been mostly aimed at players 95+.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Reducing the kill count and upping the rewards of existing quests is not new content. Nor is it three different things.....:P Lucid isn't for low levels, it's for everyone. The most common prize is good for mostly low levels but there are prizes in there for everyone. I'm not just referring to the scrolls or gem packs. Things like charms and faction/squad signets are made the best use on a high level character. Same with PV. Actually, the primary beneficiaries of PV are high levels, as it's a real way to get to 105. Whereas as FC is still better EXP for the low levels. The harbinger and jj although new content were only added to fix a nerf to low level content. The only real content that lowbies have gotten that was not a response to a nerf, was the new quests that still take place in a ghost town. And as such, are often skipped because most people would rather keep up with their friends. And the DC gear, which they cannot get in-game and cannot get at all times. As it's closer to add-on content like Jones, than new content in it's own right.

Descent, Sirens of War, and Rising Call have all been mostly high level oriented. Genesis which was the last huge lowbie oriented expansion, came out in 2011.

This game needs new low level content. IT needs to attract new players. The next expansion should address their needs.

It seems you've been unhappy with the changes but I don't really see how you can say that high levels are being looked after for a change. When the last three expansions have all been mostly aimed at players 95+.

This game always cater to endgame really, not to people who are under 100. Tons of people want to play with others (or get help), the majority of the population of course, so they feel they should get to 100 FAST no matter the cost (which is why they power level in the first place). Now there are a few people who careless about squads with others does better than most, take advantage on content that doesn't have level cap, ETC.

I find it better playing football TBH.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options

Im not talking about the Lucid guys who are for everyone, theres a lucid npc for low levels that grants fantasy fruits for every 5 lvls (not to sure bout the lvls) gained as long as they aren't lvl 30 yet.

I do agree that i was wrong to say its new content. But Things were made easy for them, they can make alot of money by questing, lvl up easily. Getting PV for them is still Low lvl content agreed? Low levels have it pretty easy, free mp hp food, free mount even, and unlimited free charms. Free d.orbs. So its not like they getting nothing.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Im not talking about the Lucid guys who are for everyone, theres a lucid npc for low levels that grants fantasy fruits for every 5 lvls (not to sure bout the lvls) gained as long as they aren't lvl 30 yet.

I do agree that i was wrong to say its new content. But Things were made easy for them, they can make alot of money by questing, lvl up easily. Getting PV for them is still Low lvl content agreed? Low levels have it pretty easy, free mp hp food, free mount even, and unlimited free charms. Free d.orbs. So its not like they getting nothing.

I mostly objected to the new content aimed at them part. Since they haven't gotten any worthwhile content at a long time and after rerolling on HT, how new players/lowbies are treated has become my pet peeve with this game.

It's really not easy on them. Yeah they get free charms, but what are they using them on? Either questing all by themselves and lonely, or in FC and bored. They don't need them for either of those. Actually, it's a bit too much and not enough content to use it on. So a lot of that stuff just took up space in my bank. The bosses and such that they would need them for and make good use of them, are not soloable just because of DC gear. But they can't find squads, so some high level kills it for them in two shots. Then sends them on their not-so-merry way alone. I rerolled on HT, and until I found a faction it was oppressively lonely. I never saw anyone else questing and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has experienced that. Its seriously awful being a new player in this game. Just rerolling is awful, and I actually know what I am doing so don't have it nearly as bad.

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I mostly objected to the new content aimed at them part. Since they haven't gotten any worthwhile content at a long time and after rerolling on HT, how new players/lowbies are treated has become my pet peeve with this game.

It's really not easy on them. Yeah they get free charms, but what are they using them on? Either questing all by themselves and lonely, or in FC and bored. They don't need them for either of those. Actually, it's a bit too much and not enough content to use it on. So a lot of that stuff just took up space in my bank. The bosses and such that they would need them for and make good use of them, are not soloable just because of DC gear. But they can't find squads, so some high level kills it for them in two shots. Then sends them on their not-so-merry way alone. I rerolled on HT, and until I found a faction it was oppressively lonely. I never saw anyone else questing and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has experienced that. Its seriously awful being a new player in this game. Just rerolling is awful, and I actually know what I am doing so don't have it nearly as bad.

Well i agree there. So i guess Solution would be put a lvl cap on fc.
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    And it was only my 1st-ever attempt too... Guess I really proved just now that noob-gear doesn't mean noob-player... f:grin

It's all fun and games until someone gets to 1 v 1 against a R999 with only +8 G16.
    ....then suddenly, NW isn't fun anymore.

The same can be said with PvP, Instances, TW, and competing to get into squads.
    It almost makes me miss trying to get into Nirvana as a Psychic--at least then I had three specific twitching classes to hate, now I just hate everything.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
    edited June 2013
    Options

No offence but this game has already lost too much of it's popularity and appeal to attract new players... Especially compared to some new recent popular games that went from P2P to F2P lately... Don't get me wrong, I love PWI... But personally, I don't think it would be the game I'd pick if I where to pick a new MMORPG to play while there are certain other (probably better) games out there... PWI is great for those who already have an online life on here... But nowadays it's just really unattractive to new players aside from some friends of ppl joining in (and our community isn't helping much either)... So its pretty natural to focus on end-game stuff rather then the lower lvles... Though I'm still really, really happy they gave the lowbies the Jolly coin quest to compensate for the nerfed DQ drops, which helps them to be able to keep up a little (skills/pots/equip/etc)... f:gone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Just did Veno too (5k HP/6,7k with buffs)... Went pretty good... Not really hard at all... Didn't got hit by the 1st set of rocks either... 2nd set of rocks, one got me from behind and slowed me while Holy Path was still in CD (my bad, I should've waited a little longer on safe spot)... Got hit twice and still lived... Puppet boss went smooth as well... Much like everything else... Conclusion: BH Aba also isn't too hard... Just make sure you know what you're doing... f:grin

What I do is use genie Fortify+feral concentration and holy path through the boulders. I'm surprised most of the venos I come across in-game doesn't know that anti-stun skills like AD, Fortify, and now natural synergy cancels out the stun in feral concentration. It's like having a pot-free 10 sec immunity to do whatever. Even nicer since the devs reduced the feral concentration CD from 10 min to 3 too.

For some real fun I sometimes wait in the Have a listen and Have a listen EX rooms in the cube and use those skills mentioned above in front of noobs and watch then die as they try to follow me.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For some real fun I sometimes wait in the Have a listen and Have a listen EX rooms in the cube and use those skills mentioned above in front of noobs and watch then die as they try to follow me.

Lol i wanna see that
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I like the new replace option for the gems. :D People been wanting that for years. And now all the peeps that made the horribad error of sharding a flawless and a high grade gem can fix that problem.

edited June 2013
    Options
    What I do is use genie Fortify+feral concentration and holy path through the boulders. I'm surprised most of the venos I come across in-game doesn't know that anti-stun skills like AD, Fortify, and now natural synergy cancels out the stun in feral concentration. It's like having a pot-free 10 sec immunity to do whatever. Even nicer since the devs reduced the feral concentration CD from 10 min to 3 too.

Hmm... Seems like something worth looking into... Though I don't have an extremely awesome Genie or anything... Never really used my Genie much aside from Second Wind and Holy Path... But then again, I don't do Cube either because of the PK rooms... f:hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Today got first level in Meridian system:
    Maximum HP+5
    Magical attack +1
    Physical defense +1
    Magical defense +3

I could not do it earlier because bh69 squads are rare and Divine Contract quests (award quests for bh) can't be got at level 80 from Divine Emissary of Void (now my characters are level 81, so they got few quests from Divine Emissary of Void).

Flashing icon of nude man in inventory of my characters became static and my characters got bonus statistics for ever.
  • Argenesis - Raging Tide
    Argenesis - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    yes we got some neat new stuff. but we have the same basic and stupid issues we get with EVERY EXPANSION, like messed up tw-times. one could effortlessly make a much, much longer list that has the word hate in it. :Pcan you share this pro strategy you are talking about? the new nation wars has almost 300 maps, my server (raging tide) has not even 800 participants, that is a generous 2 vs 2 on average. is that the reason why NW is #2 on your list?

"let's go to point E24!"
    ".. ... .... GOT IT!"
    "nvm batte was won by 2 ppl before we could get in"
    "lets see, 1 person, 3 persons, 5 persons, oh 10 on G12, lets go G12"
    ".. ... .... GOT IT!"

the ui is - typical for pwi - more than 'design challenged'.
    -you can zoom for no reason except to make it harder to find X when it is out of zoom.
    -squad leader cannot put a beacon on map for squad.
    -chat window loses focus for no reason every few seconds. (not limited to nw but particularly annoying there)
    -we still have utterly useless "e23 is under attack" spam, that cannot be filtered.

i like the new map objectives and the rubberband overhaul of the old map is also great, but this humungous map is for SERVER VERSUS SERVER. it does NOT work with a barely populated single server!

so please, for the love of pan gu, peace and blessings be upon him, merge servers or enable SvS!

You must not know how to decide where to go...
    My avatar won't update, I'm not level 38, I swear. b:surrender

Finally 100, now using r8 to farm my t3.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Weekly aba?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I could not do it earlier because bh69 squads are rare and Divine Contract quests (award quests for bh) can't be got at level 80 from Divine Emissary of Void (now my characters are level 81, so they got few quests from Divine Emissary of Void).

pwi teacher? o:
    you only purge once #yopo