So....Aba and SoT Revamp

Options
Fabuleux - Lost City
Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Loving the new Aba boss drops. Very very nice.

SoT? CAN SUCK A FAT ONE :<. God save the kids who have to do 99 culti in there. Full squad, in there two hours and only managed to kill one boss. It's challenging I'll give you that, PW. But really D:? There doesn't seem to be a balance. Aba is so easy, but SoT is rather challenging (not speaking from an R9 3Rd +12 perspective.)

Anyone have any tips and tricks for getting through the new SoT quest line?
Post edited by Fabuleux - Lost City on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hard to determine gears from that video but 43k hp barb really isnt your average barb, lol.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I thought they just changed TM mode of Aba and Sot and not normal BH/FB mode?
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Options
    gyroki wrote: »
    I thought they just changed TM mode of Aba and Sot and not normal BH/FB mode?

No the whole instance has been changed.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    so what's the drops? did I miss a news page with the new gear?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Options

Perfect World Japan has some strong players O.o. Maybe my gears are the problem :/. But i noticed they didnt focus anything on Hellfire's (damn he got a makeover) OP minions or Queen's doggies. But I don't see how a non OP squad can just ignore them :/. They hit hard. Especially the Queen's deadly attack that requires the crystals to protect us from
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Even if you have the most decked out squad you can possibly have, the stage with immune to dmg doggies roaming around will get you if you are not careful enough, need to dig some stuffs while avoiding them to counter Agony Queen`s summons or something, didn`t survive long enough to see what she summons lol
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited June 2013
    Options
    so what's the drops? did I miss a news page with the new gear?

The Aba boss drops Attack/Def pots. The Attack pot gives you the lvl 10 barb buff Strength of the Titans for one hour. While Def gives you Vangard Spirit, Magic Shell, Aura of the Golden Bell and Beast King's Inspirtaion (all level 10 buff) for an hour.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The Aba boss drops Attack/Def pots. The Attack pot gives you the lvl 10 barb buff Strength of the Titans for one hour. While Def gives you Vangard Spirit, Magic Shell, Aura of the Golden Bell and Beast King's Inspirtaion (all level 10 buff) for an hour.

YUMMY! I guess I can stop leveling my barb and bm xD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I just solo'ed the first SoT boss with my seeker, not a fun experience. Mobs takes longer to kill, and the boss cost about 1/2 a plat hp charm to solo - dropped gear and stuff similar to the previous bh seat boss, but with lots of new buff pills/pots taking up the place of gear drops. Not worth it at all. Used to make about 600k average in 5 min solo-farming the old Seat Boss during 2x.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    * lying in a dribbling coma from excitement for crazy hard instances*
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Did all the quests in SoT with squad of two r9rr archers, a r9rr BM, and myself (r9rr cleric). We also did Aba, but dunno if we did all the quests. Just seemed to kinda end in there after we got ported to some NPC that could port us to all the bosses in there. Haven't tried trophy mode yet. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    new sot and aba are cool, but rewards are really not worth....

one spend 30 mins (if r9r3 team) for instance to get buff pills? wtf?

exp reward for quest line is 200k! wtf?

and here we have another worthless instance thats gonna be forgotten in a week or 2
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    new sot and aba are cool, but rewards are really not worth....

one spend 30 mins (if r9r3 team) for instance to get buff pills? wtf?

exp reward for quest line is 200k! wtf?

and here we have another worthless instance thats gonna be forgotten in a week or 2

The new TM modes gives G10 gems so that's definatly worth farming
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The new TM modes gives G10 gems so that's definatly worth farming

Can those be combined b:surprised
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Kitty wrote some bad guide(can't remember it all) for Abaddon:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19467241

Might help a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Can those be combined b:surprised

They are regular G10 gems, so why not?
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Now thats definitely a upgraded Instance (Nice mix of old & new mob types to that Menagerie's lineup) I see that the Meridian system is gonna come to mean alot for people in that newly buffed instance ~ once they get used to using it.....b:thanks

(HA's) will definitely need to have some of the top notch gears on them and (LA's) so long as they don't pull too much should be able to survive it with atleast a decently refined & sharded mixed set of TT90-99s or equivalancy gear (AA's) are gonna have a fun time in there aswell, to be sure......b:pleasedb:chuckle
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The worst part about this is that my Psychic will need to do Culti in SoT sometime soon too... And my Archer and Veno probably won't be able to get BH's done in there anymore hence losing chances on getting an Excitement Card... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    99 now has TM mode? Meaning 95 lunar interval cape is outclassed? I only made it a month ago....now it's gonna be wasted....better sell it while I can.
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't know about other classes but I'm a psy and there's 2 books that only drop in seat or aba and I can't get them anywhere else. I wasn't even sure they existed until I finally saw one of them being sold in wc, but that was back before they messed with aba and seat the first time. When they changed the bh bosses suddenly book availability dropped even more. So I worked my butt off until last month I was finally able to farm the dang place on my sin, slowly and painfully cuz I'm not super OP but I could do it. And now I not only can't do that, but they've made it so when this newness wears off people are even less likely to finish those instances.

So I'm pretty angry about the changes to aba and seat, especially when they're fixing something that wasn't broken and they could have done something to revive vana, which is obviously in need of attention. If nothing else, at least make those books a chance of dropping somewhere else as well.
  • Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver
    Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    They should have never touched these. They should have just made a new instance or change nirvana. Fb and bhs are going to be twice as hell now.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    nothing wrong with change, everyone is going to rag on it till they improve their gear or skill.

does anyone have any info on drop lists/ drop rates for the bosses there? are lord of captivation / leaf rain dryad still there? i saw one of the gm's mentioned an increased drop rate for books, maybe to account for the cap being raised to 10-man teams, but i would like to know whether it would be feasible to try and acquire the tideborn 89 books.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The old bosses are still there, and is bit easier with full 10 people squad.

Problem is, on getting to the old bosses we need to kill a new boss that is hard to kill.
    b:surrenderI feel sorry for those who need to do fb99/culti in there.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    nothing wrong with change, everyone is going to rag on it till they improve their gear or skill.

does anyone have any info on drop lists/ drop rates for the bosses there? are lord of captivation / leaf rain dryad still there? i saw one of the gm's mentioned an increased drop rate for books, maybe to account for the cap being raised to 10-man teams, but i would like to know whether it would be feasible to try and acquire the tideborn 89 books.

I don't think the beginning bosses drop any books, not sure of the final boss. I've only checked one of them using the in game encyclopedia and no books were listed.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The old bosses are still there, and is bit easier with full 10 people squad.

Problem is, on getting to the old bosses we need to kill a new boss that is hard to kill.
    b:surrenderI feel sorry for those who need to do fb99/culti in there.

You don't need to kill any new boss to get to the one in SoT. Just go to the Nightmare Gate or whatever and BH boss is in the bottom left corner. Aba one, yeah, have to kill Puppeteer first and clear to NPC, but then you just port to BH boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Forcing people to farm/buy top tier gear just to be able to survive a basic cultivation dungeon is ridiculous and bad business practice
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I've seen plenty of games make mistakes with changes that negatively affect its content player base so I disagree that there is nothing wrong with change. And I see alot of people who haven't even checked out the new dungeons dismissing those of us who are upset with the changes as if our complaints are invalid. This is only the second time in over 3 yrs of gameplay I've been upset with a change that was made and I'm willing to bet quite a few other people speaking up at the moment are also not the regular chronic complainers.

As far as the comment about gear and skill, even very skilled players with really good gear are having a heck of a time in 10 man squads in the new seat. If they don't address these issues the end result is going to be people saying the effort isn't worth the rewards and those dungeons ending up like vana...dead.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    They need to change the culti from inside SoT and Abba. Forcing people to be 100+ with good gear just to do something that should be able to be done at lvl 99 is a bit ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well..in the next few months ive a full account of 8 toons (lvls 96-98) of which 5 will need Abba for fb / culti and 3 for same in Seat. Ivw worked my butt off for 5 yrs getting this far (never doing FCC runs for exp) and now they make those instances so harder its gonna be pain finding squads to help my toons. Either my luck sucks or PWs timing does.

Not Happy .