Options
    I found it pretty obvious.

Thanks for not explaining what needs to be done. /sarcasm
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't agree.

I spent FIVE HOURS in abba today doing my first ever new abba run.

There's not a 4 hour limit: Yes I realize 2 different runs, but don't blame the game for how you played it.
    The squad did have a few derp people in it, but most of us were old-schoolers who know our classes and are somewhat adaptable.

But have you learned what to do, and did you have competent gear?
    We even had 2-3 higher end geared players. Still took 5 hours and a reset because nobody knew what the hell was going on, where to go, what to kill.

^^ ah hah!
    We read that "kitty goes to abba" guide and didn't get much help from it

I criticized it and concur.
    Utterly confusing, overly complex, requiring a level of teamwork that just isn't going to be possible with a squad of 10 random people.

Those random people will eventually either step up their game or stop trying.
    What used to take 2 or 3 people 10 minutes to do has become a 10-man several hour ordeal.

SoT is definitely not the case. I have yet to do Abaddon but I'm doubting that 3 weeks from now this will be the case.
    This was PWE's ***-backwards response to people saying "BH is boring, we want more bosses in different dungeons." I really wonder sometimes how the people reading those complaints can misunderstand so profoundly and respond so wrong.

The complaints were valid. BH SoT is improved. I'll wait a while for judgement on Aba.
    "I want variety" does NOT mean "make it 90% harder and longer." Whoever gave the green light for this should be fired.

SoT doesn't take longer. Aba? - just read what you stated that I responded "ah hah" to.
    Better yet, they should be forced to run these dungeons, all day, every day, with everyone who has to do them for bh, culti, fb, whatever.

You don't HAVE to do them. I'd prefer lousy players to SKIP them.
    Those stupid rocks alone at the start of abba are horrendous. They serve no purpose but to tick charm and cause needless deaths.

I love the implementation of them, and I even spent about 15minutes rescuing my veno from it with my cleric. What they do for me? - Eliminate all those d-bags that can't be bothered to stash their good equips, or upgrade their buff alts that they use to mooch off others. When I had soloed to the puppet boss; I created a squad for it. None of the people waited for each other for buffs and all of them made it to where I was despite me encouraging them to buff each other first.

Though I suppose they do help identify who should be kicked out of the squad -- if you can't pass them by lvl 100 you should uninstall and delete your chars, but still, I don't appreciate the needless charm waste.

I don't use charms, and is it waste considering the rewards? -I believe we can agree about the ones who should be kicked. b:victory
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't use charms, and is it waste considering the rewards? -I believe we can agree about the ones who should be kicked.

Why not use the silver charms from the event boutique? I know they don't last long depending on your class but they are better than nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I just solo'ed the first SoT boss with my seeker, not a fun experience. Mobs takes longer to kill, and the boss cost about 1/2 a plat hp charm to solo - dropped gear and stuff similar to the previous bh seat boss, but with lots of new buff pills/pots taking up the place of gear drops. Not worth it at all. Used to make about 600k average in 5 min solo-farming the old Seat Boss during 2x.

The new SoT and Abba are suppose to be run by a squad of 10 people and you complain cause soloing it is not fun and to long? LOL

Thoses instances are not made to be solo instances to farm ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why not use the silver charms from the event boutique? I know they don't last long depending on your class but they are better than nothing.

I'm a seller of DQ at near 2x what the dq npc's for. I do use mp charms on cleric, and sometimes BM, barb, etc, but don't need on mystic, veno, wiz, assassin etc.

I was tanking the old BH SoT and Aba with 3 of my mages w/o HP charms prior to change. The only reason I failed once at it was the cleric died and I was on my wiz (mystic could've handled it). When it comes to soloing Lunar; the only problem is the last boss (not the vile version). -With less than 10k base HP (it strips HP buffs) it can 1 shot kill. -Charm **** for nothing.

BH aba isn't the only thing that would charm **** wastefully. I simply don't die often enough for an HP charm to be anywhere near worth it. I play with skill; not with charms.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I'm a seller of DQ at near 2x what the dq npc's for. I do use mp charms on cleric, and sometimes BM, barb, etc, but don't need on mystic, veno, wiz, assassin etc.

I was tanking the old BH SoT and Aba with 3 of my mages w/o HP charms prior to change. The only reason I failed once at it was the cleric died and I was on my wiz (mystic could've handled it). When it comes to soloing Lunar; the only problem is the last boss (not the vile version). -With less than 10k base HP (it strips HP buffs) it can 1 shot kill. -Charm **** for nothing.

BH aba isn't the only thing that would charm **** wastefully. I simply don't die often enough for an HP charm to be anywhere near worth it. I play with skill; not with charms.

Lol yeah mp classes destroy those silver charms my sisters cleric can go through one of those in no time. It's not so much as skill as they are just a quality of life item. If that's the way you want to play that's your choice I was just wondering why you didn't use em. To be honest I was expecting you to say you use all your dq points on random pigments for fasion lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Lol yeah mp classes destroy those silver charms my sisters cleric can go through one of those in no time. It's not so much as skill as they are just a quality of life item. If that's the way you want to play that's your choice I was just wondering why you didn't use em. To be honest I was expecting you to say you use all your dq points on random pigments for fasion lol.

To be honest, now that autopot's been released I'm not sure why anyone would use mp charms. 3g for a month pumping herbs at 25% (or whatever level would be right for that char) is a hell of a lot cheaper than spirit charms no matter how you do the math.

Hell, it's under half the cost for me, and I'm a seeker with <2000 max mp. That's a lot of wasted mp gain when I'm not cosplaying as a blender, but still much cheaper.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    To be honest, now that autopot's been released I'm not sure why anyone would use mp charms. 3g for a month pumping herbs at 25% (or whatever level would be right for that char) is a hell of a lot cheaper than spirit charms no matter how you do the math.

Hell, it's under half the cost for me, and I'm a seeker with <2000 max mp. That's a lot of wasted mp gain when I'm not cosplaying as a blender, but still much cheaper.

For me a silver charm from using dq point's is cheaper cause my classes aren't as mp heavy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    tbh herbs are pretty cheap; for dailies I get by with pots dropped from BH bosses and mobs because autoattack wrecks mobs with G15+ weapon anyways, so I can get away with manual clicking herbs

Autopot for def charms, crabs and herbs in pvp/Delta though, might be very effort-saving.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    10 min vid edited at 2x speed -- Rising Call Seat of Torment Trophy Mode Style
    This is the revamped instance in the new expansion. We started the trophy mode outside with a squad of 10 and only 7 of us were ported in while the other 3 were disconnected from the server because of the "buggy" nature in starting a trophy mode at SoT. At this point the instance failed and 5 players decided to drop the party, so we sent out the call to our guildies and friends and server wide to get players to fill out the squad to the new 10 player limit. Not exactly certain what happened to the first couple minutes, but the squad leader ported us to the Hellfire Abomination zone and I gathered all mobs on right side of the instance and brought them to the tower while some other team members were taking out the other 2 towers and that's where the video begins.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For SoT maybe it's better to do the Agony Queen boss first because the turtle buff pills you dig up can be used with the other boss fights as well.

Would have helped against Hellfire Abomination.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • LIghtingAP - Raging Tide
    LIghtingAP - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    first run after new update, made same day as PWI: Rising Call expansion comes to live

New revamped Seat of Torment (SOT) Weekly Quest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For those of you who did the SoT full run... Can anyone confirm if the NPC (the one that was pretty much near the entrance after the 1st few mobs) and the Withered Revenants (whatever they're called, the red lady's with the blood sucking skills) are still around somewhere... I've noticed some Veno's who haven't done their quest for the new form yet are somewhat worried they won't be able to do the quest anymore and now just have to buy the item to get the new form... Like those who haven't reached 100 yet...

And to whoever will make the new SoT/Aba guides for us, could you also put the info for the Veno form quest in the SoT guide along with the Culti guide and BH guide? I'm sure many will be really happy if you'd do... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For those of you who did the SoT full run... Can anyone confirm if the NPC (the one that was pretty much near the entrance after the 1st few mobs) and the Withered Revenants (whatever they're called, the red lady's with the blood sucking skills) are still around somewhere... I've noticed some Veno's who haven't done their quest for the new form yet are somewhat worried they won't be able to do the quest anymore and now just have to buy the item to get the new form... Like those who haven't reached 100 yet...

And to whoever will make the new SoT/Aba guides for us, could you also put the info for the Veno form quest in the SoT guide along with the Culti guide and BH guide? I'm sure many will be really happy if you'd do... b:thanks

I've seen those lovely ladies around. There in the section with the Queen if I remember. There might also still be some in hell Trap?
  • Kalmiah - Raging Tide
    Kalmiah - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For the people who say they had no idea what to do and where to go...

Did you ever read the NPC quest texts and the red text popping up in chat? I figured 7/10 of things I had to figure by those texts.

Haven't done SoT but in Aba I figured everything out simply by:

1) Reading the questline and texts in chat
    2) Using common sense
    3) Trying what happens and making a plan, trying different tactics
    4) Keeping an eye on boss buffs and debuffs
    5) Checking the map, really helpful tool now
    6) Having a squad where each member listens and obeys when you tell the plan
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Did you ever read the NPC quest texts and the red text popping up in chat? I figured 7/10 of things I had to figure by those texts.

2) Using common sense

that's too much work. people want to click through quests, tab-kill bosses and then QQ about lack of challenge, boring content and no quest stories.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Can anyone confirm that you get a crushed emblem from TM99? Also, are the lv10 shards combine-able?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    that's too much work. people want to click through quests, tab-kill bosses and then QQ about lack of challenge, boring content and no quest stories.

Yeah... Ppl in this game prefer relying on gear rather then playing skill... So they get what they wanted now... b:surrender

I'm still hoping we'll get an instance someday which will actually contain nice puzzles or mini-games (Cube of Fate is more like a gambling game so that doesn't count)... Squad or solo alike... That would be a really fun way of earning rewards... f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

2) Using common sense

Thank you for posting this. I thought i was being rude by saying it was obvious, or that i was delusional cause i thought i imagined that red text, guess not woohoo!

SweetieBot Please award 10 points to Kalmiah - Raging Tide for actually using a good skill that we learn in our childhood. Reading.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, Please award 10 points to Kalmiah - Raging Tide for actually using a good skill that we learn in our childhood. Reading.
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver awards 10 points to Kalmiah - Raging Tide!
    Kalmiah - Raging Tide is now in 7th place for June 2013 with 10 points (10 points overall).
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For SoT maybe it's better to do the Agony Queen boss first because the turtle buff pills you dig up can be used with the other boss fights as well.

Would have helped against Hellfire Abomination.

Crystals make everything easier, but if you're planning on TM runs... well, you have to kill the other two before you can even go to QoA's area. Still not keen on that idea, hellfire's a bigger pain than QoA was if you ask me.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok the Revamped Hell-fire boss

When a mob spawns, it also spawns with an Energy star, Kill the energy star asap ( 80k hp )
    once the energy has been killed it sets a trap.
    Pull the mob onto the trap or get one player to do this.
    The Mob then becomes Sealed and is unable to move + the trap kills it.

SO your left with just the boss. its Aoe hits pretty hard, but tankable for the squad in BB.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah... Ppl in this game prefer relying on gear rather then playing skill... So they get what they wanted now... b:surrender

Most of the people that wanted skill are gone now. -They left during the derpapser age.