Who runs the herb/apo economy?Bots!

Comments

• Paufleks - Sanctuary
    Paufleks - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I knew a few people who tried out botting alts.

Unless they're in a cat shop they make 1-2 mill daily if they dont die/bug out/get reported. If they're a cat just force them to do something stupid and buy them out at a profit.

You would need to run 20-40 alts at once to make your "example" coin on a good day.

and imagine power bill i mean if they "bot" 24/7 how could that pay to them plus using pc for such stupdi thing i mean stupid bh give 5 mil cards and 2 mil pretty often and it take like from 20 to 40 min per bh i am more worried for more and more alts on servers and peopel transforming to 1 man army thats killing game more then 1 or 2 fail bots that make herb which nobody prob even buys
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7nI-wVVSf8

An example of a botting problem.

Before the game in question put a gm on duty full time perma ban spamming they would actually crash the games servers entirely.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hwo the hell u think they can make 20-40 mil per day botting herbs??? on what server are u who would buy so much pots are nutz pvp theres rare people pvping charm so expensive also there is ton of ironguards around people exploited it somehow i even seen igs for like 10-15 k selling now who would buy herbs from bot if its 5 times more expensier explain me math plz how can they make 20-40 mil per day boting herb.

thx

in raging tide, price herb and apoth are still expensive. basically u can sell devilwood and longen 4k each really easy and fast :)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    in raging tide, price herb and apoth are still expensive. basically u can sell devilwood and longen 4k each really easy and fast :)

A: I farmed herbs at 8k devilwood prices for over 24 hours once (was watching movies and drinking so no big deal) in order to get some coin for my at the time endgame set.

I farmed about 12 mill worth.

B: Bots bug out and miss the pattern entirely if anyone else is farming and die to mobs so they make mabey 1/4 of that at most at 1/2 the price on your server.

Oh god someone might afk farm...1-2 mill a day

C: Derp you are derp

D: bots are terrible in higher level areas, open world games, and require a large amount running at once to be truely effective.

E: PWI is hell for botters because of D
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide
    AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wanna see a mod post here,u ppl know what did they say to my tickets?they just spamm same message to all report tickets... So mods are u tryin to tell us we can bot free,ok,no euros/dollars 4 u then.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol a mod. Yea, mods clearly handle tickets and ingame matters. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey man, your only lvl 1... how do I know your not a bot? Maybe I should report you... hmm... jk jk b:chuckle

^is another person that dont know how to change avatar :P, couse my avatar is lvl 1, doesnt mean my main is lvl 1 too :P
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wanna see a mod post here,u ppl know what did they say to my tickets?they just spamm same message to all report tickets... So mods are u tryin to tell us we can bot free,ok,no euros/dollars 4 u then.

Moderators are regular players, like me and you, who volunteer to help managing the forums.
    What you are referring to are the support GMs who are responsible for the tickets and handling customer matters.

Keep in mind that GMs probably get a lot of tickets daily and sometimes may not be able to take action fast however if you keep spotting BOTs, keep reporting them.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    and imagine power bill i mean if they "bot" ...
    I always get a little chuckle when I see someone post this.

If I was serious about botting, and worried about how much my PC running cost me...
    I would use a PC with a low carbon footprint.
    I currently have a system that I use for my 24/7 catshop. I could easily configure it to bot.
    It uses less power overall than your average 40-watt lightbulb.

Truly though, the people who are botting, likely have multiple computer systems and don't give a rats *** about how much it costs them to leave their PC running 24-7. I personally have 3 full-size desktops, 4 Laptops, 2 micro-PC's, 3 NAS devices, and a Sun server running pretty much 24-7. My electric bill isn't huge. But then I use low-wattage displays, halogen/LED bulbs, and power management utilities.

Hell, I bet if you took an actual measurement of the amount of power your PC consumes, you would be a bit surprised at how little of an effect it has on your bill overall. (There are devices you can use to actually do this.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saw a herbfarming bot once in heaven, debuffed it, so it died to mobs, killed it few times some time afterwards, wced coordinates to share the fun, sent a ticket with a bunch of screens got answer and never saw it again b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Moderators are regular players, like me and you, who volunteer to help managing the forums.
    What you are referring to are the support GMs who are responsible for the tickets and handling customer matters.

Keep in mind that GMs probably get a lot of tickets daily and sometimes may not be able to take action fast however if you keep spotting BOTs, keep reporting them.

Thank you! Someone gets it! xD jk. I do my fair share of bot hunting though. But as Sizzer mentioned, there's not really anything you guys can do besides sending tickets. But the truth is that this has been an issue that has been discussed with Val, so don't think that it isn't (or hasn't) a thing that hasn't been looked at.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I always get a little chuckle when I see someone post this.

If I was serious about botting, and worried about how much my PC running cost me...
    I would use a PC with a low carbon footprint.
    I currently have a system that I use for my 24/7 catshop. I could easily configure it to bot.
    It uses less power overall than your average 40-watt lightbulb.

Truly though, the people who are botting, likely have multiple computer systems and don't give a rats *** about how much it costs them to leave their PC running 24-7. I personally have 3 full-size desktops, 4 Laptops, 2 micro-PC's, 3 NAS devices, and a Sun server running pretty much 24-7. My electric bill isn't huge. But then I use low-wattage displays, halogen/LED bulbs, and power management utilities.

Hell, I bet if you took an actual measurement of the amount of power your PC consumes, you would be a bit surprised at how little of an effect it has on your bill overall. (There are devices you can use to actually do this.)

I have 1000watt power supply, 8 core cpu and Sli GTX 680

How much would cost me 2 much to bot?
    b:chuckle
  • Pandapple - Raging Tide
    Pandapple - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I personally have 3 full-size desktops, 4 Laptops, 2 micro-PC's, 3 NAS devices, and a Sun server running pretty much 24-7.

Your house sounds like my kind of place!
    Kitty also known as Tsukyini

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    I have 1000watt power supply, 8 core cpu and Sli GTX 680

How much would cost me 2 much to bot?
    b:chuckle
    All depends on what your system's power requirements are when you're running it. Which will depend on the power consumption of each device in your system and how much load it's under.

Just because you have a 1000 Watt power supply, does not mean it's consuming that many watts. That's just what it's maximum rated range is by combining the wattage of both power rails.

I know for a fact my current system on full load won't exceed 450Watts, but I have a 750Watt power supply. Under normal play with PWI, I don't get much over 150Watts. Skyrim is closer to 300Watts.
    Your house sounds like my kind of place!
    That's just what I usually have running in the Computer Room. =) There's loads more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd rather have 1000 bots running apoth market then having no apoth at all since farming herbs is one of the most horrific boring experience a player can go through. It was a whole lot nicer on RT imo when there were 20+ shops selling herbs cheap instead of what we have now which is like 3-4 shops selling for a high price?

+1, along with those mats you dig such as refined steel, etc.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think one reason that the herb business is at an all-time low is because of botters. When I go into Hell, I don't see people there like I once did. Botters own the RT server as far as the herb/apoth market goes. I'm not pointing fingers or saying that it's true, but I do have a theory that a certain RT faction that has been the champion for several TW seasons for the RT server may use bots. It would obviously be on mule accounts, and they possibly have bots running on different IP's than their mains. The perfect crime.

If the reason that botters aren't getting banned in a timely fashion is because the GM's are spread out too much between the other games that PWE hosts, then perhaps they need to hire a few more GM's. Hopefully the GA Program that Val is working on may include ways to help get rid of botters. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AEU and base pills could also contribute.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    True, but not everyone does AEU anymore. I think the base apoth is the bigger culprit here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    True, but not everyone does AEU anymore. I think the base apoth is the bigger culprit here.

Hmm, that could depend on server. There are a lot of people who do AEU on mine.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When i was in a active TW faction, i have always took the advantage of AEU to get herbs/apoths etc... for TW because the apoth market is messed up and monopoly system. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Everyone and their mother. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everyone and their mother. b:shutup

What about father ? and GrandFather ? b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands
    Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I remember correctly, Val is TRYING to instate some sort of in-game "admin helpers" where certain players have a little more weight and can directly report issues to him quicker than what tickets can perform. Whether it goes through or not, unsure, but it would be a great thing to see this pass as it could get the bots and the bot owners permanently banned from the game. Being on a PVP server, if you see it, KILL IT. Soon enough you will see the person who owns the bots come around to see whats going on and try to kill you. Besides, it's free red time! b:laugh And honestly, it would be nice to see some GM input on this thread for any updates or confirmations that may be of use to us. b:bye
    Soul_Ripper_ Lv 98 Sage Assassin Leader: MyLtlPwny

If you see this, then the thread has been PONIFIED!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flutterbat is going to steal your apples! b:shocked
  • MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When i was in a active TW faction, i have always took the advantage of AEU to get herbs/apoths etc... for TW because the apoth market is messed up and monopoly system. b:cry

I was wondering why my Herb shop has been selling very little
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is why PvP servers are the best.
    You can take care of the bots yourself and don't to go crying to momma GM for help.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can take care of the bots yourself and don't to go crying to momma GM for help.

I think I'll take 3-4 bots doing the most boring work over being PKed by players with the mentality of 13 year olds whenever they feel like it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • HuntersPack - Raging Tide
    HuntersPack - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I remember seeing a bot once, was right out side etherblade killing foxwings, he was acting a little odd (odd meaning he was trying to pick up my items) so I asked him if he was a bot. I got no response I stayed there for 5 hours farming what I could and he was still there, I asked one more time still no response so I reported him. I got up 5 hours later and started farming again, he was still there, 5 hours later still there, next day, still there. If not a bot this guy never sleeps.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alright, so when you see the same person botting in the same place 3 days later, what does that say? I refuse to report people anymore, I don't care if I had solid evidence that they were. I won't report, because I've never seen anything done about it. Botters are safe here, because they spend 1000's of dollars on PWI. b:surrender

Yup.
    It'd be one thing if reporting people actually had an impact.
    Right now it's too much effort on the part of the person reporting the player, and hardly any repercussions for the player being reported.

On the other hand, most players don't really care about the herb bots or farmer bots, or people who have 6+ clients open. I've seen grinder bots, but never one farming herbs.

Thanks to AEU and Bases, I would expect the herb/apo market to be drying up anyway.
  • Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands
    Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Exactly, but, that wont stop the bot owner from getting it revived let alone tracking you down in the progress. Sure free red time, but one mistake of not having safety lock or guardian scrolls, is it worth the risk of the time?
    Soul_Ripper_ Lv 98 Sage Assassin Leader: MyLtlPwny

If you see this, then the thread has been PONIFIED!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flutterbat is going to steal your apples! b:shocked