Who runs the herb/apo economy?Bots!

13»

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    as it could get the bots and the bot owners permanently banned from the game.

Bots were never and probably will never be, permanently banned from the game. That policy was applied from the start of the game, and I doubt it will be modified.

Let's recall what they did when bots became troublesome on Chinese servers :

1 - At a time, pet eggs were selling for coins. The higher level the pet, the higher was the sell value. Bots took advantage of this and they were farming pet eggs. PW solution : nerf the sale value of eggs to 1 coin.

2 - At a time, dragon quest items were selling for coins. The higher level the DQ item, the higher was the sell value. Bots took advantage of this and they were farming DQ items. PW solution : nerf the sale value of most DQ items to 1 coin.

If bots farming materials ever become a problem in China, what will be their solution? Probably something like nerf the sell value of herb and reduce their respawn time to maybe once an hour, and/or reduce the quantities of material nodes that appears on the map.

PW always applied the easiest solution when a problem appeared. Bots are a problem? Why hire people to ban them when you can destroy their income by nerfing the sale value of what they farm?

There is an exploit that appears in an instance or an event? Why ask the devs to try and fix it when you can simply close the instance/event?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    Bots were never and probably will never be, permanently banned from the game. That policy was applied from the start of the game, and I doubt it will be modified.

1 - At a time, pet eggs were selling for coins. The higher level the pet, the higher was the sell value. Bots took advantage of this and they were farming pet eggs. PW solution : nerf the sale value of eggs to 1 coin.

2 - At a time, dragon quest items were selling for coins. The higher level the DQ item, the higher was the sell value. Bots took advantage of this and they were farming DQ items. PW solution : nerf the sale value of most DQ items to 1 coin.

If bots farming materials ever become a problem in China, what will be their solution? Probably something like nerf the sell value of herb and reduce their respawn time to maybe once an hour, and/or reduce the quantities of material nodes that appears on the map.

PW always applied the easiest solution when a problem appeared. Bots are a problem? Why hire people to ban them when you can destroy their income by nerfing the sale value of what they farm?

There is an exploit that appears in an instance or an event? Why ask the devs to try and fix it when you can simply close the instance/event?

I couldn't agree more. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The Dev's are cowards. Instead of getting off their *** and actually doing something, they take the easy way out, and generally wind up breaking something in the process. These guys are more akin to hackers. Hackers tend to break things, while developers try to fix things. If I was PWCN, I'd fire these guys ASAP, and try to find someone who knows wtf they are doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Actually they should do the opposite, they need to increase the amount of herbs each dig gets. Rather than getting 2, let's say you get 6 now. Farming time is cut by 1/3~1/2. Before you had to dig 12 plants to get 24 herbs, now you dig 4. This will drop apoc prices and prices for herbs.

Effectively ending the herb market for profit i believe. If bots do not move on, we will have a serious issue because they will keep on farming herbs and not leave much for others.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess ppl will start botting even more then now, they'll run 3-4 clients all bots. Herbs & apoths is something which is a neccessary items. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    manhduong wrote: »
    Removed. Thanks,
    Kris

We're not interested in your botting program. Reported. b:angry b:shutup

Edit: Thanks so much Kris, now my post looks all ****. f:fume
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013

generally, I think that having a game where activities that can be automated yield miniscule profits is a good design; doing the same thing over and over again is booring. instead, you should reward something that required more than clicking. of course, having nothing to farm is bad XD
    you only purge once #yopo