Who runs the herb/apo economy?Bots!

AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide
AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Raging Tides,situation is dire, I already reported 4 ppl that are botting, just out of curiosity w ill pwi DO ANYTHIN?! they said they ll look into the player i reported 2 days ago,guess what?hes still botting. IF they decide to do somethin,will the bots be banned for 1,3 days,1 week tops? Those bots make atleast 20mill per day,probably much more. Please mods,do somethin about it...its impossible to farm. I addes screenshots too to tickets. How do I know they are bots and not some ignorant non life farmers? Things is the bot comes to the exact place where herb spawned even after I JUST PICKED IT. Thats how I figured them out.
b:angry b:sad
Post edited by AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When u think someone is "BOT" just go ahead ask him/her in p.ms that is he or she a bot? If the person response then surely he or she is not a bot, but if they don't within 2-3 minutes then surely the person is a BOT.

Also include the following:

(1) Screenshots and/or video to illustrate the situation.

(2) All character names involved.

(3) The server this occurred on.

(4) The exact time and date. (Server time, if possible. If not, please note your time zone for us.)

(5) What place inside the game you've observed this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I'm farming, I don't reply to anyone. Does that mean that I'm a bot? No. It just means that I don't give a rat's donkey what they wanna ask me. It all comes from a bad experience a few years ago, when a troll decided to harass me and keep asking me if I was a bot after I said no 5 times. I refuse to answer anyone, don't care if it's Jesus Christ himself, I still wouldn't answer. In fact, I tend to put up an AFK auto reply just so people think I'm in RoR or something. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like to put up a reply that says "AFK botting" just for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    some here think its funny,but i tell u i 1st just said hi and such,afte few days i began to think they are bots, please explain this: Why do they come to me and herb after i ALREADY picked it? and when they ran agaist Scented Fungus or Tiery herb they went away,dont they see on screen what herb it is?
  • AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    in fact,me and Sizzer just had a bot huntin tour where we caught 2 of 4 bots at work,while 1 suprisingly came on and talked yet she couldnt explain why she comes to herbs after they are picked and being on 24/7. 1 of bots wasnt in hell at all. Got some other farmers to be on the lock 4 those 4.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Well this is a sensitive issue & this is not a safe place(me thinks) to discuss about Bots/**** or such related issues. At the end of the day we cannot do anything other then just Submit a Ticket.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probally the same people that run these catshops. They probaly use that clientless catshop program i heard people talking about. But tbh, pwe doesnt even take their rules seriously, what makes you think botters ever will.

catshop surprise http://i.imgur.com/V6rg9rg.jpg
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On a pvp server it's easy to detect a bot. When you pk them, they go back to town, meditate till hp and mp reached maximum and fly back in 90 degree angles. No human would act like this.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Until PWI realizes that by letting botters run rampant, that they are actually losing money, then this problem will not be solved. Their current mindset is that these people are cash shoppers, and many of them indeed are. However, botters **** with the economy, which in turn is creating an environment which isn't fair to the rule abiding people that play this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    The bots issue is handled by Support GMs, the main problem is that they handle all the 14 titles of PWE and Cryptic Games which gives them a lot of work-load. This kinds of issue needs quick reaction so it's not easy for them also to remove Bots from any and every game. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Alright, so when you see the same person botting in the same place 3 days later, what does that say? I refuse to report people anymore, I don't care if I had solid evidence that they were. I won't report, because I've never seen anything done about it. Botters are safe here, because they spend 1000's of dollars on PWI. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandapple - Raging Tide
    Pandapple - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probally the same people that run these catshops. They probaly use that clientless catshop program i heard people talking about. But tbh, pwe doesnt even take their rules seriously, what makes you think botters ever will.

catshop surprise http://i.imgur.com/V6rg9rg.jpg

I've been wondering for weeks if anything would happen to that particular multiclienter.

Oh, right, silly me. He's not breaking the multiclienting rule. It's probably just him and everyone in his extended family, each running two clients. Totally legit. b:chuckle
    Kitty also known as Tsukyini

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    That's actually possible. the problem with ticketing in MMO's is that they can't legally prove what else your doing on your computer.

Sure, they could attach programs with the game download that would watch everything that you do on your computer, just to make sure that your not using bots or 3rd party programs, but that's illegal.

Even if they are questioned about it, it's easy to lie. You can be anyone that you want to be on the internet. At the end of the day, PWI can't prove who's on the other side of the screen, nor can they really prove if you have family members in the same household who also play. It's literally impossible.

If anyone has info on how they could prove these things, but as far as I can currently see, it's pointless to report botters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's actually possible. the problem with ticketing in MMO's is that they can't legally prove what else your doing on your computer.

Sure, they could attach programs with the game download that would watch everything that you do on your computer, just to make sure that your not using bots or 3rd party programs, but that's illegal.

Even if they are questioned about it, it's easy to lie. You can be anyone that you want to be on the internet. At the end of the day, PWI can't prove who's on the other side of the screen, nor can they really prove if you have family members in the same household who also play. It's literally impossible.

If anyone has info on how they could prove these things, but as far as I can currently see, it's pointless to report botters.

I know many-a-people who have gotten out of perma-bans from doing 2+ clients constantly by lying about family members, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PWI has nowhere near the botting issues of other F2P MMO's

Theres maybe 5-6 botted chars per server and the bottign programs for the english version of pwi suck.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    PWI has nowhere near the botting issues of other F2P MMO's

Theres maybe 5-6 botted chars per server and the bottign programs for the english version of pwi suck.

The problem isn't that there's so many botters, it's how many coins they make per day. Consider if someone ran x2 clients for a full 18 hours per day and made 20m per day per client. That's 40m per day. Within a week, you have roughly enough coin to buy the mats for 2 r9 pieces. That's crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [COL"]When u think someone is "BOT" just go ahead ask him/her in p.ms that is he or she a bot? If the person response then surely he or she is not a bot, but if they don't within 2-3 minutes then surely the person is a BOT.

I don't waste my time on your kind. You have no proof, you have no common sense. I pick drops in Bh runs; most people don't. -It's no proof they are a bot: it's proof they are lazy or don't care.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Hey thumbs, I'd like to see this thread stay open, so please don't get too carried away man. I know it's a touchy subject, but botters are an issue, and something that we should work on together. It is very hard to prove, and I myself gave up on reporting botters due to lack of justice. Just keep positive guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they wont do anything. in dw, we have lots of bots and their mains laugh about us in wc, pms, and even in dw forum. they even tell us...ooo i got just 1 week ban...guess what?i will go on botting all i want.... and gms read it and wont do anything.

it is a waste of time reporting the bots. i will go on doing it, but i know it is a waste of time. i hope pwi perma ban those who bots- it isnt that hard to trace ips. and they have the logs of almost everything in game. it is that hard to see that a toon traded to another one, wiht similar ip, tons of dqs or herbs or the coins after selling these. but oo well....it seems if they do it, they only can ban for one week, after the ban is gone the bots apears again.

funny thing is, that i bet those bots were lvled using the goonz glitch.

i hope pwi fix this big issue. couse it is runing the economy. not just to players, also to them. we all know pwi would love if we all use real money, they dont eat stones, the ppl that use bots cheat, and get stuffs without even playing. they just set a software do the job for them. it is not fair for those that earn the coins farming or working. even if the cashplayers dont care much about this. they should but they dont.

ps: hope all bots die and the owners get a perma ban... and not 1 week ban as the owners of the bots told us many times laughing in our faces.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Hey man, your only lvl 1... how do I know your not a bot? Maybe I should report you... hmm... jk jk b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like to put up a reply that says "AFK botting" just for fun.

Lol, good one. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Dirtyboy - Lost City
    Dirtyboy - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Few days ago i was farming herb in heaven and i notised this guy whos tehre like everyday... anyhow i started to whisp him and i whanted to report since i figured it must be bot but guy actualy repled to me and started talkign in polish and said he cant speak english so well... anyhow dont rush on report button game is internacional some peopel dont know english good
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Raging Tides,situation is dire, I already reported 4 ppl that are botting, just out of curiosity w ill pwi DO ANYTHIN?! they said they ll look into the player i reported 2 days ago,guess what?hes still botting. IF they decide to do somethin,will the bots be banned for 1,3 days,1 week tops?

At best they will do nothing, at worst they will issue a short ban (72 hours or a week at most)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The bots issue is handled by Support GMs, the main problem is that they handle all the 14 titles of PWE and Cryptic Games which gives them a lot of work-load. This kinds of issue needs quick reaction so it's not easy for them also to remove Bots from any and every game. b:surrender

What do you think gamelogs are used for? (at least in other games than PWI's)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    I don't waste my time on your kind. You have no proof, you have no common sense. I pick drops in Bh runs; most people don't. -It's no proof they are a bot: it's proof they are lazy or don't care.

Mr.Thumbs do you have any idea other on dealing with Bots? if so yes please tell us how to deal with bots as a normal player not being a GM.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    What do you think gamelogs are used for? (at least in other games than PWI's)

As a player if i see a "BOT" or suspect anyone i will report it whether they take action or not it depends on them. Idk what gameloggs are used for. Beside PWI i don't play anyother mmo so i cannot comment on it.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paufleks - Sanctuary
    Paufleks - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hwo the hell u think they can make 20-40 mil per day botting herbs??? on what server are u who would buy so much pots are nutz pvp theres rare people pvping charm so expensive also there is ton of ironguards around people exploited it somehow i even seen igs for like 10-15 k selling now who would buy herbs from bot if its 5 times more expensier explain me math plz how can they make 20-40 mil per day boting herb.

thx
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem isn't that there's so many botters, it's how many coins they make per day. Consider if someone ran x2 clients for a full 18 hours per day and made 20m per day per client. That's 40m per day. Within a week, you have roughly enough coin to buy the mats for 2 r9 pieces. That's crazy.

I knew a few people who tried out botting alts.

Unless they're in a cat shop they make 1-2 mill daily if they dont die/bug out/get reported. If they're a cat just force them to do something stupid and buy them out at a profit.

You would need to run 20-40 alts at once to make your "example" coin on a good day.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually i have reported bots in certain locations of the maps in hell or out on the regular world map.I take a screen shot of th ebot in its location and ill go daily or every few days to the location to see if they are still there and in most case they are,then i report..i reported some and guess what they arent there in the location no more..did thy get banned i duno,maybe they packed up and went to another spot..but i feel i won!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd rather have 1000 bots running apoth market then having no apoth at all since farming herbs is one of the most horrific boring experience a player can go through. It was a whole lot nicer on RT imo when there were 20+ shops selling herbs cheap instead of what we have now which is like 3-4 shops selling for a high price?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]