I need tips on how to reach 100 without touching fc

Options
spellflingers
spellflingers Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Title pretty much hits the nail on the head. Anyone havea guide on how to get to lvl 100 without touching fc : ) ?
Post edited by spellflingers on

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Eum.. just do everything else like cube, WQ, BH, morai quests, crazy stone, etc? You gave no indication of what level you are already, so I don't know how much you'd get from those/if you'd be able to do morai and get the exp stones there, but myeh... --oh and there's some monster quest grinder... daily thing... for the lower levels up to 80 now I guess? And euh seasonal quests for 20-40 anddd... emnissary quests (purple and blue especially) are pretty awesome... that's all I can think of/remember at the moment (it's been a while) for dailies not things like zhenning which since you said no FC I figure you don't want hypers and non-hyper zhenning hasn't been done in a long time OTL
    I never liked FC to begin with, so only went in there a small pawful of times...I never really thought about it, just didn't use it, I don't think it really needs a guide... x3?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    wut meenz fc

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Should also mention that it depends on what class you use. 1-80 is easy with any class by doing everything Veneir listed. Then most people do fc, but you could just continue doing that long list of dailies until you get to morai, where it gets a bit easier to get exp. Personally, on my seeker, I went 60~89 on solo pv and 90~97 on fc (stopped doing bh after 51). The last three levels were also pv during the week when hypers were turned off in fc. So it really depends on the class. If you can solo or duo pv with a friend it can really turn out to be more effective than fc. People usually start paying attention to it after 101, 102 etc., but it's really nice for lower levels too and it's not as boring as fc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • spellflingers
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Eum.. just do everything else like cube, WQ, BH, morai quests, crazy stone, etc? You gave no indication of what level you are already, so I don't know how much you'd get from those/if you'd be able to do morai and get the exp stones there, but myeh... --oh and there's some monster quest grinder... daily thing... for the lower levels up to 80 now I guess? And euh seasonal quests for 20-40 anddd... emnissary quests (purple and blue especially) are pretty awesome... that's all I can think of/remember at the moment (it's been a while) for dailies not things like zhenning which since you said no FC I figure you don't want hypers and non-hyper zhenning hasn't been done in a long time OTL
    I never liked FC to begin with, so only went in there a small pawful of times...I never really thought about it, just didn't use it, I don't think it really needs a guide... x3?

currently I am lvl 30, 1- 60 is a breeze, but yes tokens in my server have reached 15k so I am just going to do things the way it was done awhile back. I dont need tokens to buy crabs when I can do my BHs and get the divine awards to get the pots. Nobody needs to rush to 100 via hypers. And lower level characters do not need to be spending their coin on anything but skills. When the time comes I will purchase my r9 when I feel that the game is stable and is going to be here for awhile. I am most likely just going to go g16 because it seems that the pwi staff is only interested in money, but thats a topic for a different time.
  • spellflingers
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Should also mention that it depends on what class you use. 1-80 is easy with any class by doing everything Veneir listed. Then most people do fc, but you could just continue doing that long list of dailies until you get to morai, where it gets a bit easier to get exp. Personally, on my seeker, I went 60~89 on solo pv and 90~97 on fc (stopped doing bh after 51). The last three levels were also pv during the week when hypers were turned off in fc. So it really depends on the class. If you can solo or duo pv with a friend it can really turn out to be more effective than fc. People usually start paying attention to it after 101, 102 etc., but it's really nice for lower levels too and it's not as boring as fc.

No hypers, No FC, No PV, nothing that excellerates your exp gain. Cant learn your characters very well that way. Its getting pretty bad with this. I saw a lvl 85 wizard take out a rrr9 +10 recasted BM yesterday. People are just dumping cash into the game without learning how to play. And quite honestly it makes it very hard for ppl in my server. We are choc full of these kind of players and because there are so many of them, there is very little BHs being done or any lower level activities at all. So I am just going to do my best, and prove once and for all it doesnt take that long to get to 100 without any exp excelleration.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No hypers, No FC, No PV, nothing that excellerates your exp gain. Cant learn your characters very well that way. Its getting pretty bad with this. I saw a lvl 85 wizard take out a rrr9 +10 recasted BM yesterday. People are just dumping cash into the game without learning how to play. And quite honestly it makes it very hard for ppl in my server. We are choc full of these kind of players and because there are so many of them, there is very little BHs being done or any lower level activities at all. So I am just going to do my best, and prove once and for all it doesnt take that long to get to 100 without any exp excelleration.

why do people make it hard on themselves? exp acceleration is not the devil. an 85 taking out a r9rr bm is a matter of using old gear and a r9rr being unrefined on top of inexperienced. taking 2 years to hit 100 is not going to make you a more skillfull player than taking 5 months doing random fcc or pv with hypers.

feel free to find enough people to do bh daily under 100, but bh can alsp be considered exp acceleration same goes for divine quests.

i'm interested in understanding how you think it wont take "that long" to ding 100 with acceleration, you are not the first (sure wont be the last) to work so hard to prove a moot point. most of the game is centered on being 100+ right now, anything pre-100 is pointless unless it gets you closer to 100.

hitting 100 and not really understanding how to gauge your squadmate's (something you learn in fcc and bh if you actually did take any form of time to learn the game) abilities, or having better knowledge on how to use your own character (PV solo is a better gauge of your own abilities than quests).

i just dont get why people like the goto extremes, "whaaaaaa, all these people lvl alts with no quests, i'm gonna do it too even though i never lvl'd a single character" or "whaaaaaa, all my peers gave up questing and powerlevel, i'll show them the true value of playing this game ..... by spending the next 6 months killing the same mobs over and over for 30k exp...."

lets add one-man army to the list of exp acceleration you should avoid
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Bounty Hunter, World Quest, Old Heavens Tear, Outside Grinding, Questing, Phoenix Valley, Gods Valley, Morai Daily's, Endless Universe.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Yannoa - Dreamweaver
    Yannoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Step 1: Pretend FC doesn't exist
    Step 2: Play the rest of the game
    Step 3: Come to Dreamweaver and quest with meh <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Bounty Hunter, World Quest, Old Heavens Tear, Outside Grinding, Questing, Phoenix Valley, Gods Valley, Morai Dailies Endless Universe.
    If you hadn't noticed, he's level 30 so wouldn't be able to do WQ, OHT, Morai or EU yet, and doesn't want to do hypers so probabily won't be doing grinding... anyway, also what on earth is Gods('s?) Valley? Is it an old name for something like how Holy Hall is TT?

@Goldy Pfff yeah One-man's army doesn't even reward exp at the end, just rep. x3 And I think coin? I did a bunch of those while grinding mobs during *2 for drops to rank up my skills in my 80s or something, so coin would make sense... And yeah the potency of your experience has much more to do with how skilled you become than the time it took.

@OP Tokens are 15K now? Gross :x (What server are you on?) I always looked for the 11K ones... and while getting r9 is just as hard as it used to be, it's easier(apparentily) to get it third casted, and third cast r9 is a smidgen better than g16 armour +much better set bonuses... but really the big dealbreaker is the weapon, I think. Maybe more of less for some classes, dunno, but yeah that's a different topic.
    But yeah, if you're 30 then you have ten more levels till cube will be open, forty more levels till WQ (and OHT since Peri mentioned it) will be(unless they lowered WQ with the most recent update) a-- well I already said what was closed, mostily just stick with quests/emnissary/seasonal/BHs (maybe find some guildies around the same level to go with you, that way you get an experience from it other than '100 went through for us' 'cause it sounds like that's what you would want). And also reflect if you have to go afk for a bit and are okay morally(I guess) with it, reflection exp low levels is scary OTL

Hi awesome Yannoas :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    One of the reasons - and maybe the main reason - why lost city server has highest gold price is, we have so many people with ALOT of 100+ alts.

The reason we have this is, that we had once way more extreme CSers than other servers. We had alot of people with full R9 gear - with high refines. With a good squad it took about 50 minutes to level a lvl 1 character to level 100. Almost all lvl 105 after they "fixed" the goons were from our server (referring to ranking page, which worked better at this time).

With account stash you are able to trade most of the gear. The e.g. 5aps gear of BMs is full tradable. With those characters still many people do 10+ BHs every day.
    And ecstasy cards + excitement cards have the highest coin impact to our server (once most coins came from packs, but this time is over for a long time).

That's why it is good for the gold price that it takes time to level a character to level 100. There is no fast way. Even with buying big room in frost it will take serveral hundred hours.

There is no secret exp source. The way to 90 is normally fast. Just do BHs and be afk over night in realm of reflection (you get also 2 reflective shards per day at school teacher).
    You can also do word quest at 70+. If you mainly teleport you can do it in ~30mins.
    Also faction base quests give nice exp - if you are in a faction with a base (many faction leaders will bee glad if they find ppl which do the quests).

After 90/95:

* It's hard to get a frost squad for lvl 9x nowaday, because most ppl don't want to waste hours with creating a (fail) squad and solo-frost their alts. But you want to avoid frost anyway.

* Same is true for PV. Almost no one is doing PV below lvl 100 (on a side note: PV100+ is more easy than PV95+.)

* It's hard to find a BH89 squad for eden or brim, because there is only one BH boss, and it's even the last one.

* It's not that hard make a BH79 squad normally. 3 bosses are ok-ish for most ppl and worth to do.

* If you are lucky you get sometimes purple divine contract quests which are worth to do.

* It's very simple to do morai quests. Especially the weekly quest is easy.
    When you have enough influence and prestige you can also get exp orbs. It will take several weeks to get enough.

* At 2x drop you can level with treasure map quest.

* Oracles also still exist (but are way more expensive than hypering).

* If you want to hyper on mobs it will depend on your class and gear if it is worth the time.
    (e.g. spiders arround avalanche are popular for clerics).

* If you focus on only one character it will take 3 months and more to reach lvl 100, if you are online for at least 4h per day. You will spend alot of time with looking or creating a squad. But it was always like this, even when ppl don't admit it. It often took hours to get a zhen squad, and then the cleric left after a few minutes..
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I will purchase my r9 when I feel that the game is stable and is going to be here for awhile. I am most likely just going to go g16 because it seems that the pwi staff is only interested in money

Doubt the game will become more stable. Its in a decline because its an older game and PW has no longer promotes it, having switched the game they use as their flagship. Not saying its wildly unstable now (opinion), its just in decline and not likely to get better. Its also the reason most people rush to 100, because that's where 90% of the population is. If you're playing an MMORPG I assume the goal is to play with others.
    No hypers, No FC, No PV, nothing that excellerates your exp gain. Cant learn your characters very well that way.So I am just going to do my best, and prove once and for all it doesnt take that long to get to 100 without any exp excelleration.

Depends largely on the person, rather than the game. PWI is not super complicated. If you've played it before you should have squaded with other classes, seen their combos, seen what works best for the squad and know their job. Reaction time and game ability is both innate and learned. Some people, after a day of playing, will have learned their class better than 99% of the population. Others take years.

Some of the worst players I know are bad because they avoid squad play like BHs, FCC, and Nix valley. Friendly criticism helps people grow, a little social pressure, and you won't get that from questing, WQs, BQs, crazy stones...

But, if I'm responding I may as well give advice. It's much easier to level nowadays since quests have had their xp increased. 1-30 fastest is quests. After that is Nix/FCC. Even unhypered it'll still decent xp. I believe WQ starts at 30. Stack your BH29s so you can do 3 in one go is easiest (same for any BH). At 40 you get Goshiki chain. I prefer to save it until level 50 as it gets me most the way through the level 50s so I can avoid BH39. Explore the Morai area for new quests + decent xp. Xp slows down in the 70-95 range. This is when people opt to either zhen (where depends on your level), Nix, or FCC. At 95 you can get to 97 in about 3 hours doing your Morai chain. Its worth around 17m exp. Culti/Chrono also contain a large amount of xp. Don't forget events. Most events have a Headhunter quest reward you can pick up prior that gives large amount of xp, and things like Assault on Archo offer xp as drops.
    exp acceleration is not the devil. taking 2 years to hit 100 is not going to make you a more skillfull player than taking 5 months doing random fcc or pv with hypers.

feel free to find enough people to do bh daily under 100, but bh can alsp be considered exp acceleration same goes for divine quests.

most of the game is centered on being 100+ right now,

hitting 100 and not really understanding how to gauge your squadmate's (something you learn in fcc and bh if you actually did take any form of time to learn the game) abilities, or having better knowledge on how to use your own character (PV solo is a better gauge of your own abilities than quests).

"i'll show them the true value of playing this game by spending the next 6 months killing the same mobs over and over for 30k exp...."

lets add one-man army to the list of exp acceleration you should avoid
    Highlighted the points I agree on. For the most part, questing involves zero skill and zero personal player growth. OP is on the fast track to becoming a level 100 who has never learned to play his class outside the same 5 skills he'll spam for 6 months questing.

It takes no skill to use hypers, but it actually does take a fair amount of skill to run certain BHs, Nix, and FCC. For instance, clericing BH69. Repeated enough, like most people have done, it seems like there is no skill involved but that's because they've learned it. Want a true test, do it again at a lower level or without gear. Level 50/60 FCCs are quite a challenge but a skilled squad can do it as smoothly as an 85+ squad.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    quest, bh, pv grind case closedb:bye
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • zeroxwingx
    zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Good luck. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Maybe make a daily log of coins made, exp gained, #of deaths etc. I saw one other poster who logged his/her achievements in the cube of fate. You could do something similar, but it will be a bigger project. Maybe you can even record your gameplay and upload that to YouTube with commentary--a PWI playthrough.b:cute
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Well tbh to not saying hyperbabies are good or bad, it takes practice in pvp/dueling/nw to be good at your class in that aspect. The only quest in the game that i am aware of that requires the use of a skill, is jumping... is that even considered a skill lol. And that is not on all the classes that I am aware of.

I never pk'd or TW'd or nothing (or hardly at all that I remember) till I joined a TW faction(Marine). I was pure pve all the way and very good at it with the gear I had. A fellow Marine taught me the use of my skills and various combos.

It is not relevant on how some one levels in this game. Regardless of gear we all start somewhere. You can practice all you want on mobs, but its not like they got much of or any skills to counter you. The worse you will ever see is stuns, debuffs and sometimes a puff of a poison ****. There is nothing in this game by way of quests that will help you develop your skill use over pve. It is a grindfest plain and simple. The argument on power leveling has always been mute, it is just some(or alot) people see it as being fail, when in reality someone questing has learned no more than one hypering. And tbh, the one hypering will learn near end game squad dynamics quicker than the one questing.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from, but like others have said repeatedly facerolling your keyboard to kill mobs for a quest or turning in crazy stone won't make you a better player. b:surrender If you're just doing it for the heck of doing it, then go for it, I guess. Might just get a bit boring after so much repetition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Its getting pretty bad with this. I saw a lvl 85 wizard take out a rrr9 +10 recasted BM yesterday.

That can only happen in one situation, bm is not charmed, bm is standing there and doing nothing, and bm is using phy marrow.

If any one of those 3 things is not there, a lvl 85 wizzy can not kill that much hp. A vit sharded +10 bm = 16.7k, if the bm is only self buffed, and in phy marrow, and if wizzy crits, it is possible, otherwise i don't think so.

If above bm is charmed, that will just cause charm to tick each time but killing would require a crit after charm tick.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

You make a huge mistake there. A Big thing in this game is the know how to handle big groups of mobs. I don't know which class you are (you could have stated this, because this is very important) but if you are a Barb, BM, Seeker...then you have to know how to AOE Grind. One has to know the aggro behavior perfectly on any mob, may it be elite or normal mobs.

Sure FC is for noobs if you do it in Squad. I saw some vids on youtube recently showing a lvl84 or so seker soloing! fc just with BloodPaint. To do that you need to know how to play your class, your limits, your everything. Same goes for PV, if you do it on hardcore mode with not so good gears. Every mistake will get you killed in there.

If those instances are to lame for you (in group they are ofc) then try them solo (:

BTW: You will unlikely be able to do that as a caster xDD Just run BH, WQ, CS, Cube, Morai and more if you reach the appropriate level.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sry for double posting, but this post need attention:

Why do you ppl always think you need to level slow to know how to play you're char?

I would bet for everything if you would give me a high end char on any random game. Two days later I'm better then most others no matter if I havn't played that game before! Why? That's simple.

You learn your char be reading the friggin skills and try them out to get a clue how they work. Try to solo stuff, maybe die hundreds of times, try it again. See where your limits are and adapt to them.

I'm sick of this "if I level slow I will be a better player"! It doesn't matter how fast you level. If one is too lazy or braindead to get in touch with his char and act like I was stating before, then he will suck either way.

Even if you outgear most PvE Stuff. Simply search for challenges. For the AOEing chars try soloing a whole lunar area at once or run multiple PVs (8 to 12 runs) in one day. Or just pull a full pav in warsong or 2 at once if that isn't enough and solo it! and wanna know what? if you don't know how this game works and your class then you die like nothing.

Actually playing your class makes you better, thats true. But you get the best if you do stuff alone! Doing things with a squad is and will always be easy mode and doesn't enhance your abilities quite as much as doing the same things alone.

So snap out of it and actually learn how to play and leave out that slow leveling bullcrap.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No hypers, No FC, No PV, nothing that excellerates your exp gain. Cant learn your characters very well that way. Its getting pretty bad with this. I saw a lvl 85 wizard take out a rrr9 +10 recasted BM yesterday...

At fb59 I saw level 75 Wizard, wearing level 25+ items and level 70 magic sword.

It was something.

My level 80 Wizard had tanked all bosses and many mobs there (must admit, that Psychic and other characters in our squad were very good in fight, including Seeker - tabber of fb59).

Those level 75 "wizard" had died almost at every mob, that hit at least once him ...

Squad chat:

Me: Wait ...
    (attacking boss - boss killed)
    Clearing mobs in the path to next boss
    Wizard level 75: res me ... lol

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Jaabag is right, i call BS on the 85 wiz thing. I have literally gone afk in nw without buffs and not been killed by 100+ -- although my charm was hurt.

I also call BS on the no FC thing. Bad players make bad players-

ive seen plenty of people who leveled the "slow" way and are stuck in their own "this way is right mentality"- they have little creative initiative and are often extremely annoying to be around.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with actually -doing- fcc, it's there, it's intended to be used. Just don't -buy- it. Buying an instance is, pretty silly.

When I was leveling, I did fcc a lot; I actually still find the instance fun, both to solo and to join in with squads. Especially because when I was first starting I hated all the bhs from 69-89 so I got a lot of my party experience and xp from fccing.
    You don't even need to use hypers either. I think I didn't use hypers til I was 95 or so. It's a good way to practice skills while getting a little xp bonus.

It's when all people do is tag along with high levels, have all the mobs killed for them or basically just stand and aoe for a moment or two, that problems with playing starts.

Now though, just do all your bhs, do your quests, do pv when you can find squads, do Jolly Jones (no xp except from the mobs you might kill, but it gives nice coin and since you're not in a hurry to level up it's a good time to gather some extra coins for stuff later), do morai quests and get xp orbs, join a faction with a base and do base quests, and reflect all the time when you're afk or busy irl.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    OP, it's simple. go kill lvl1 mobs one by one till you hit 100, that's the hardcore -by your definition- way to level. in any other way you accelerate the exp you get by optimizing the way you play.

on the other hand, it's probably a bit too "hard" for you and makes obvious to everyone that your "skill" and "hardcoreness" is merely a mindless repetition. If not, please explain why FC is accelerating exp gain while bh/aoe grinding/pv doesn't
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    OP, it's simple. go kill lvl1 mobs one by one till you hit 100, that's the hardcore -by your definition- way to level. in any other way you accelerate the exp you get by optimizing the way you play.

Don't forget to pick the coin drops and other drops to make money. Heaven's forbid you raise money any other way b:cute.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't forget to pick the coin drops and other drops to make money. Heaven's forbid you raise money any other way b:cute.

grease ftwb:victory
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Too many strawmen.

The argument has never been against improving oneself or even improving oneself rapidly. I realize assigning those positions to people makes it easier to respond and ridicule but it's dishonest.

The argument is against skipping the learning of how to play the game well. And of course the plevelers think they're learning all there is to know. How could they know they've missed something if they've missed it entirely? It becomes evident to the non-plevelers when a pleveler comes up short at something well-known to non-plevelers (because the nons have encountered the situation while the plevelers were locked in a room with frozen heads.)

You can claim to know it all. You can claim that it causes no harm to yourself or to the game-play for those around you, but your views are based on the same abbreviated information that causes the problem. You can't step out and see yourselves from an outside view.

I don't mean this to ridicule or castigate, but you're skipping school. How can you possibly know all of what you missed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Personally, the reason I have never used hypers is not because of learning to play the class but more about experiencing what the game has to offer because I actually find this game fun. So many friends of mine got bored after hitting 100 and ended up quitting the game. What do I do after my chars hit 100? They BH, maybe do morai and some random stuff like Warsong or RB.... and I start a new char to keep myself from getting bored. Why anyone would want to skip everything is beyond me.

My most recent new character was made to try out all the new and revamped early quests and I can tell you now from experience, levels 1-80 are a breeze. I got her to 60 without even doing BHs (I think I ran two or three for fun) just because I'm attempting to stay on top of my quests, which still is not going so well because she levels so fast. I fed a few levels-worth of exp into her genie too. However, after 80 things definitely slow down. The quests give negligible experience and are hugely time consuming which makes them feel not worth the effort. I do actually find it a good idea at this point to try an FF run and maybe PV. I didn't hyper them, but tried them to learn new things (though PV I only did solo just to see if I could, and it was fun xD). Plus it gives you something new to do. Granted, I haven't touched FF since people stopped doing full runs, since it was never about the exp for me and I liked running the whole dungeon. But it can still be fun grouping for something like that.

Also, if you have something else to do, world quest (paperclip) has been revamped and is pretty nice exp now at 80+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Too many strawmen.

The argument has never been against improving oneself or even improving oneself rapidly. I realize assigning those positions to people makes it easier to respond and ridicule but it's dishonest.

The argument is against skipping the learning of how to play the game well. And of course the plevelers think they're learning all there is to know. How could they know they've missed something if they've missed it entirely? It becomes evident to the non-plevelers when a pleveler comes up short at something well-known to non-plevelers (because the nons have encountered the situation while the plevelers were locked in a room with frozen heads.)

You can claim to know it all. You can claim that it causes no harm to yourself or to the game-play for those around you, but your views are based on the same abbreviated information that causes the problem. You can't step out and see yourselves from an outside view.

I don't mean this to ridicule or castigate, but you're skipping school. How can you possibly know all of what you missed?

Well, by the very title we can reasonably assume that OP will not have experience of running FC and all the associated squad mechanics (outside FC (and pv) you hardly do any pulls or have bosses with that kind of variety of special skills).

Of course the above does not apply when you just buy heads. The question is, do you really need to run FC 300 times (85-100) to become a master of FC? I think that after 10 runs most people can run it with closed eyes and the major ways of improvement is reading specific techniques and inter-squad communication (assuming that your 1st-2nd runs were tutorial runs (or you read about FC); sure, if you read nothing and was told nothing you'll probably need a few runs to figure it yourself).

Now, I'd like to expand this argument to most of the content. If we throw FC out of the game you are left with a tremendous amount of BH/PV runs; if we throw those too you are left with an even bigger amount of grinding. Do you really need all these to learn? It's not school; school is doing a run once (with helpful comments), homework is doing the same run 10 more times, the rest is having detention and writing the same phrase over and over. Of course you'll become better in certain situations; aoe grinding will make your reflexes faster but will it be a worthy improvement or just a 0.01%?
    It becomes evident to the non-plevelers when a pleveler comes up short at something well-known to non-plevelers

Example? Is it really a problem of power-leveling though? What I mean is that sure, if someone plvl'ed in FC he'll probably won't know where is the swamp of wraiths and might have missed the water/ground mechanic. However, once you tell him that it no longer is an obstacle; it's not really a skill but knowledge that could be easily acquired by reading a wiki. Additionally, someone that didn't not powerlevel by grinded some mobs might still don't know it. So what I want is a true weakness of a powerleveler; something that cannot be ammended by reading about it or having a tutorial run or by following a "diet" that consist only of FC-heads; something like: do each instance of your level 3 times, kill 5 mobs of your level and get the rest exp by fc heads
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well, by the very title we can reasonably assume that OP will not have experience of running FC and all the associated squad mechanics (outside FC (and pv) you hardly do any pulls or have bosses with that kind of variety of special skills).

<sigh> Do I really have to say again that almost nobody is suggesting complete removal of FC?
    Of course the above does not apply when you just buy heads. The question is, do you really need to run FC 300 times (85-100) to become a master of FC? I think that after 10 runs most people can run it with closed eyes and the major ways of improvement is reading specific techniques and inter-squad communication (assuming that your 1st-2nd runs were tutorial runs (or you read about FC); sure, if you read nothing and was told nothing you'll probably need a few runs to figure it yourself).

Not sure what point you're making. I'm not endorsing 300 runs through FC.
    Now, I'd like to expand this argument to most of the content. If we throw FC out of the game you are left with a tremendous amount of BH/PV runs; if we throw those too you are left with an even bigger amount of grinding.

Classic strawman. No one is suggesting throwing anything out. No one has even mentioned throwing out any of the other things you've mentioned. This is not worth addressing any further.
    Do you really need all these to learn? It's not school; school is doing a run once (with helpful comments), homework is doing the same run 10 more times, the rest is having detention and writing the same phrase over and over. Of course you'll become better in certain situations; aoe grinding will make your reflexes faster but will it be a worthy improvement or just a 0.01%?

You're kidding, right? School is not done once. School is a 12-year exercise in doing many different things, so you can learn many different things. The various tasks we do in PW are each a separate assignment. You did arithmetic in first grade. That prepared you to do multiplication, then algebra, then trigonometry, then calculus. One time? Really? Really?
    Example? Is it really a problem of power-leveling though? What I mean is that sure, if someone plvl'ed in FC he'll probably won't know where is the swamp of wraiths and might have missed the water/ground mechanic. However, once you tell him that it no longer is an obstacle; it's not really a skill but knowledge that could be easily acquired by reading a wiki. Additionally, someone that didn't not powerlevel by grinded some mobs might still don't know it. So what I want is a true weakness of a powerleveler; something that cannot be ammended by reading about it or having a tutorial run or by following a "diet" that consist only of FC-heads; something like: do each instance of your level 3 times, kill 5 mobs of your level and get the rest exp by fc heads

This is exactly what I was talking about. You think it's all about knowing where the swamp is and what each button does. There is a lot more technique to being a good player. Which skills work well in combo against which creatures, how to coordinate your attacks with squadmates to defeat a particular boss, what is the etiquette for drops and conduct and responsibilities to your squadmates in various instances. Every day I see people who don't know what I would consider basic information: things you can't help but know if you actually played the game.

I can see I'm never going to convince you that there is knowledge beyond your own so I'll leave you to your game. Play it the way you want. Think of this conversation but don't blame me when people climb your case and you have no idea why they're angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I am at level 101, almost 102, and I did it all by doing quests, using hypers when there is double experience, training esotericas and you can use oracle quests too. I think the total number I have been in FC is 10 times. Not going to say it is the short way but I know how and when to use my skills. Do all the quests you can and maybe FC once in a while -again-best when they are having double experience events
    Hope that helps
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    To get to 100 the long boring way.
    Bh,crazy stone,quest(woopty doo),long world quest,get married and do mq,cube though its boring and you can waste coins doing it,oracles(it's not ff),constant aoe bring on classic training scrolls solo if you don't want to use hyper stones or you can even use silkworm.

But really all in all there is nothing wrong with fc and yeah you can actually learn your toon in there just like on any other place of the map.i plvled my mystic to 70 then used orbs that I worked hard for by collecting from bh 100 and bh 2 100 and used them from 70-95 in like 10 min and yeah for the next 5 lvl of ffing I was the only healer in 98% of the ff's I ran and learned alot also learned from watching other people play their toons.

It don't take rocket science to play this game,and on about the r9s3 that got kill by a 85 wiz...I'm sure the bm let him because any of the skill would prob surely one shot him anyways.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
This discussion has been closed.