Problem With PWI and FC..

d3monnatsum3
d3monnatsum3 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Ok so ive played this game for 5 years n love it, there was always so many ppl on. but slowly ppl stopped playing, im here to explain why. its not because of boredem. its because all ppl do nowadays besides quest like a normal char. they juss make new char and go fc. even ppl who never played this game before make a new char. dont know anything about it. n doesnt try to learn, cuz a friend would tell them u can juss fc to lvl 90+ from lvl 1-20. its making the game rediculous. i would like to c if u can stop this problem by making a cap on fc like, not being able to get exp from it unless ur lvl 75+ if ur below that lvl u only get 2 exp 1 spirit. i miss the old days where there was alot of ppl below lvl 80 doing quest all over. and more ppl doing bh's and stuff. but now its juss 100's doing bh's and everyone else is doing fc below lvl 75 juss to lvl. iunno if u care or not. i juss know u made more money from this game 3 years ago before everyone found out u can bring low lvls into fc. if u can or would like to make the game better plz make the lvl requirment for fc lvl 75+ where ppl lower lvl can get no exp at all.b:sad i miss the old days so much
Post edited by d3monnatsum3 on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, I still remember when PWE "broke" Frost by having hypers disabled like their CN counterpart on accident. It may have been just for a week, but the world came to life again.
    ...Perhaps some things are better left "broken".
    *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very little about this game has anything to do with skill or learning. It's an old game that isn't all that complicated. Essentially given enough money I could probably beat you with even a class that I have never played beyond fc and maybe 40 hours of pvp practice.
  • d3monnatsum3
    edited May 2013
    ither way thats wht is causing the game to plubmit, not the fact of being old, cuz theres plenty of ppl in game that says the same thing, but we all on harshlands,
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Ah, I still remember when PWE "broke" Frost by having hypers disabled like their CN counterpart on accident. It may have been just for a week, but the world came to life again.
    ...Perhaps some things are better left "broken".
    *sigh*

When was this?! That should have stayed D:
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »

You...don't...remember?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • d3monnatsum3
    edited May 2013
    i sure do, it was the best time of pwi, besides the fact when game first came out
  • d3monnatsum3
    edited May 2013
    but they dont need to get rid of hypers for fc if they juss make it where u get no exp from fc till atleast lvl 75. or hell go ahead n dont let hypers be allowed in fc, ither way it would stop the power lvling, and ppl doing it
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FCC noobs provide the biggest income for PWI after packs addicts if you look at it like this, players make a new character and power-level it to lvl 100/101 as fast as possible, thus it will require rank gear, either r8 or r9 or even nirvana 3rd cast which appears to be more popular nowadays, and the problem occurs that those players are usually poor, (and who will drag along an under-geared player in an endgame instance) and in need of said gear, some will charge zen to buy it others will work slowly towards it, either way profit for PWI.
  • d3monnatsum3
    edited May 2013
    but the game went from being so populated to down right under, and majority ppl agree in harshlands its cuz of the power lvling bs. i mean i played back when there was so many catshops up, and so many ppl farming items, and tt, and all over the place, ofc i got pked alot, but that made the game lil interesting for me cuz it taught me to be aware, and to be quick on my toes. n i never liked being in factions or guilds, but when i found one i liked low lvl or not, we all tried to help one another, by keeping from getting pked, to doing quest, not to power lvl. when we did bh's we got ppl our lvl to do them not ask the highers up to do them for us now adays ppl juss yell for a lvl 100+ to do bhs for as simple as 29 or 39, u dont even c those bh's no more, u c 69-89 n ofcourse 100+s
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey OP, you think you could stand to add some capital letters into your posts sometime? Along with some proper punctuation. And maybe even paragraph breaks. Seriously, as far as I can tell, they're nice things and won't bite.

There are a hell of a lot of problems and causes we can look to and blame for the dying interest in this game. The general mentality of powerleveling and pay-to-win is just one of them.

Some people quit because years ago when they started, they were teenagers with lots of free time on their hands, and now they're grown up, either moving on to other games, or starting work/college. Others quit not because they don't have the time for this game, but because no matter how much new content is pumped into the game, it doesn't really change the fact that the most significant parts of the game only happen at 100+. The gameplay is boring and limited, and sometimes it feels more like I'm living on a social network rather than an actual game.

Personally, I'd say that's the main appeal of PWI. It's not meant to be gameplay-centered. The main selling point of this game, as I see it, is the sheer amount of customisation available for your characters. You can control almost every aspect of your appearance, from your hair to your face to your clothes. The problem is, the vast majority of players don't truly acknowledge this in any way.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason why PWI doesn't take hypers away is, the best gear is at high levels. They WANT as many people to get to higher levels so they can buy R9 and get Nirvi gear. It's all about the money. You can't run Lunar and ws with npc gear, and they know this. That's why most of the best gear is geared towrds being a higher level 99+. They throw these little low level quests in to give the newbs something to do while they hyper their way to 100+. I myself would love to see hypers go.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »

The question should be, "where were you when this was a big huge deal?"
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The question should be, "where were you when this was a big huge deal?"

Knowing me, school. xD
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Well, people were wanting it to stay in place, and apparently, "traditional leveling" back, aka questing and such. I didn't play during that time, but I still posted here, so I have no idea the extent of the effects the "mess up" had.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look, its one of those threads again.

QQ fc destroyed PWI with its power lvling QQ

get over this, fc was part of PWI since... 2009 now. I dont think they gonna change anything.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even changing anything won't make any difference i believe, there are full of hyper babies all over and in every server.My own Archer is a hyper baby lolz b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look, its one of those threads again.

QQ fc destroyed PWI with its power lvling QQ

get over this, fc was part of PWI since... 2009 now. I dont think they gonna change anything.

Nope. Don't have to get over it. Won't be cowed into silence about it any more than you'll stop complaining about the complaining.

Yeah it's been in place since 2009 but look how much else has changed. Maybe PWE will come to their senses one day, if we keep it in front of them. I'm not willing to campaign for it, but I will let them (and anyone else who cares to read my posts) know what I think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, do you think changing FC back to its old days or disable Hypers in FC only will change anything?

You ever tried running PV? Yea gives alot of XP too.
    With changing it in however you want it, will make FC a dead instance and we dont need another dead one.

People will Hyper PV then and play even less, because PV is limited, do you really think they will go out and Quest again for EXP?
    I doubt it.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i juss know u made more money from this game 3 years ago before everyone found out u can bring low lvls into fc

watch out, he has inside informationb:laugh
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol i just had to leave my faction because i dared to lvl my archer the old way, without fcc or bhs most time. I did that before on other toons because i wanted to be able to solo things so i powerlvld my barb and cleric, but its not fun at all. I wanted to get rid of every quest my archer had and i still have about 50 left lol, but yeah questing doesnt give enough exp to lvl as fast as fcc-buyers.

One of our 12 years old guild mates who knows absolutely nothing about the game told me im a noob because im so slow while he was the same lvl and asking EVERYDAY people over 90 to give him heads, even if they told him they cannot solo it yet. His regular answer was that he read sins can solo everything so they can solo fc at 95 easy, and of course he wouldnt pay faction mates for it. Funny thing was that he actually was an Executor.

Well later when i left i got some pms from other faction mates and they told me that they hate him too lol ....

Yeah there are other ways to powerleveling as well but fc is the ONLY one where nobody needs to do anything and so they have no clue how to play their class. I usually wouldnt care about it if it wouldnt ruin other players fun ingame as well.
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did enjoy the hyperless FC week. Finding BHs for my lower level alts was much easier, since I don't do FC with them until around level 85. I actually enjoy doing the quests and am not in any hurry. I tend to get bored more at level 100+ than I do between level 1 - 99. Since I don't like PvP at all, I prefer the PvE, and meandering around questing.

I even made an alt on a different server for the sole purpose of not being enticed to use hand me downs from my other characters, and only use what is available from the NPC, or farming. Plus I'm not begged all the time by low levels wanting my 102 BM to solo BH19-79 for them.

I do wish they would implement a no hyper rule for anything pre lvl 75, but thats not the nature of PWI, that wants us endgame and bored out of our skulls as fast as possible. Even many r9rr people have quit out of boredom. That's saying something. I see so often on WC on RT and the other server that PK is basically dead, bit then again, on WC it tends to be filled with the same idiots that flame one another on how "fail and unskilled" the other is.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol i just had to leave my faction because i dared to lvl my archer the old way, without fcc or bhs most time. I did that before on other toons because i wanted to be able to solo things so i powerlvld my barb and cleric, but its not fun at all. I wanted to get rid of every quest my archer had and i still have about 50 left lol, but yeah questing doesnt give enough exp to lvl as fast as fcc-buyers.

One of our 12 years old guild mates who knows absolutely nothing about the game told me im a noob because im so slow while he was the same lvl and asking EVERYDAY people over 90 to give him heads, even if they told him they cannot solo it yet. His regular answer was that he read sins can solo everything so they can solo fc at 95 easy, and of course he wouldnt pay faction mates for it. Funny thing was that he actually was an Executor.

Well later when i left i got some pms from other faction mates and they told me that they hate him too lol ....

Yeah there are other ways to powerleveling as well but fc is the ONLY one where nobody needs to do anything and so they have no clue how to play their class. I usually wouldnt care about it if it wouldnt ruin other players fun ingame as well.

"EVERYDAY people over 90 to give him heads"

lmfao....no comment except "That's what she said" lol
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    So, do you think changing FC back to its old days or disable Hypers in FC only will change anything?

With changing it in however you want it, will make FC a dead instance and we dont need another dead one.

People will Hyper PV then and play even less, because PV is limited, do you really think they will go out and Quest again for EXP?
    I doubt it.

First off, I haven't taken a position of changing FC back or disabling hypers in FC so I decline to defend the opinion I've been assigned. I am for some reasonable restrictions which would keep the littles from skipping the game, keep people playing the game and learning their toons and keep the game from becoming a Monopoly clone, where the object is just to get paid and earn enough to dress up in big-boy clothes and pretend to be a talented player.

I absolutely guarantee that the lower levels would quest more. That was proven during the week of hyperless FC. It would also reduce the pressure on them to hurry to the top or be left behind.

Yes, I've been in PV at several levels. Yes it gives good exp. It's once a day. People won't camp in there to the exclusion of everything else. It also has level restrictions. Some 100-level sin won't be camping on wc, luring 50-somethings to pay the big guy to carry them past the game.

Oh yeah. It would make a difference all right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember when FC was broken. For one week, people actually played the game. It was one of the greatest achievements PWI has ever attained, even if it was only by accident.

I also remember v4liance saying that for the time being, it would be restored, but that we could all take a look into it down the line. I feel that the time has come for us to rise up and take a look at this issue.

In the mean time, the OP should put up a poll asking whether FC should be changed or not, with options as follows:

Yes!
    No...
    Level Cap the Instance

If a MOD would be so kind, could they poke Hey, You! for us? I'd like to get his opinion on the matter, so that we all go about appealing this in an appropriate manner.

- Crix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I doubt it.

Ever hear of the expression "A bulb that burns twice as bright lasts half as long?"

What is there at end-game that is so appealing other than PK? And even that is not what it once was on the PK servers. One thing about driving slower on a country road is that there is so much more to experience than flying above it in a hurry. But I'll ask again, what is so appealing at the end-game? Not much in my opinion. A game is no longer a game when there is no real challenge and nothing left to conquest. I imagine that the majority of chars in the player base are just alts to the minority of real people that play. When they get bored of leveling chars they quit like the rest of the others because the end-game is not very appealing.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i still dont believe after all this years people opening threads about FC

FC was there and it will be because its a great source of rl money for PWE

why would they stop it??there is no better way then having someone to level fast and cash for their gears,refines,gems

PWE been running business like that for year and thats why server are so low populated

its money over anything

anyway game is free and if you dont care about people,gears etc you can have fun playing your own way
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    nixop wrote: »
    i still dont believe after all this years people opening threads about FC

FC was there and it will be because its a great source of rl money for PWE

why would they stop it??there is no better way then having someone to level fast and cash for their gears,refines,gems

PWE been running business like that for year and thats why server are so low populated

its money over anything

anyway game is free and if you dont care about people,gears etc you can have fun playing your own way

Believe it.

I care about people, gears, etc. and I will play the game the way it was designed to be played.

And I will continue to discuss FC if I choose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Ever hear of the expression "A bulb that burns twice as bright lasts half as long?"

What is there at end-game that is so appealing other than PK? And even that is not what it once was on the PK servers. One thing about driving slower on a country road is that there is so much more to experience than flying above it in a hurry. But I'll ask again, what is so appealing at the end-game? Not much in my opinion. A game is no longer a game when there is no real challenge and nothing left to conquest. I imagine that the majority of chars in the player base are just alts to the minority of real people that play. When they get bored of leveling chars they quit like the rest of the others because the end-game is not very appealing.

Technically the game is "over" at lvl90..

There really should be more repeatables(that don't require a squad..) at 100+ but whatever..
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep saying this problem would go away with more mid-game content. PW has implemented more quests, and tourney at least has lower level brackets, but everyone ignores it...

In the end, if it's about PvP, low-mid level PvP is extremely unbalanced compared to endgame PvP. It's not just gear, but it's character skills as well. Caster ranged skills are short for most of the more powerful skills, and physical classes have trouble doing much when they only have 1 spark. (In case you didn't guess, it leaves archers and sins as the most OP mid-level characters) It's just not as fun as end-game PvP, even if you get past the fact that casters are paper at those levels. Oh yeah...think you also get killed in 4 ticks by a nix at those levels. It may even seem characters are designed to rush to 100 because the balance before that is so shabby and forgotten.

I'm not going to pretend PvP can be balanced at lv 40, at least make it presentable at lv 70. Maybe add a NW bracket for that level range too, and you'd get more new players who are in less hurry to get to 100. You may even get people cash shopping to refine gear.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Pandapple - Raging Tide
    Pandapple - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also remember v4liance saying that for the time being, it would be restored, but that we could all take a look into it down the line. I feel that the time has come for us to rise up and take a look at this issue.

That would be nice, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. PWE is not particularly prone to action unless it affects their income. It would have been easiest for them to just leave the hypers off, since it would require no further action on their part. But since they turned them back on, that's a pretty good sign that they've already "looked into it" and decided having hypers on in FC is best for their bottom line.
    Kitty also known as Tsukyini

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]