Vs. Cleric PK

Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Psychic
alright all you psys out there (and by that I mean Apo because seriously this forum is dead and it makes me sad for my class). I need help. Big time.
In an even geared (ish) fight I am losing to clerics quite frequently. And honestly a little stuck >.> I want to say first that in no way am I saying I am a pro at my class. At PK. Or at this game. But normally I do well enough even though I am a nab who needs way more PK experience.

Anyway tips would be appreciated. My most difficult problems are getting away from the opening sleep lock and recognizing when the one minute Soul Burn look alike is coming. I just do not. And then I tried to purify it a couple times with psy will... You can imagine how that went. Is there any time you noticing then trying to do it more? Like after a charm tick or as a defensive play... Something like that?
criticism and tips would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
Post edited by Sister_Warui - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When fighting a Cleric there's only one thing to do.

Lay down.
    Try not to cry.
    Cry a lot.

Okay, that's three things, but whatever.
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    When fighting a Cleric there's only one thing to do.

Lay down.
    Try not to cry.
    Cry a lot.

Okay, that's three things, but whatever.

QQ but I already do this! I want to know how to at least put up a fight D:

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ehem. you cant purify soulburn. or fake soulburn.
    against sleep there is adrenaline surge; not sure if it's worth getting.

the classic tip is to soulburn them and then DD, usually you get lucky and the spam IH themselves. pretty nice if they are healing slaves for someone else too. I assume the success rate of this tactic has decreased since they got fake soulburn.

the cool thing with their sleep>debuff chain is that you keep sor/sost for their first hit; so if you don't get oneshotted you can count on that to save you.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tough class to fight; Heart of Steel on genie will go along way to surviving their setups. There isn't much to be done against faux soulburn but try not to die. With Heart of Steel and Psy Will, you can sit immune to their damage for a few seconds.

In terms if killing them, I'd probably take the risk and put the charm tick on them instead of decreasing mine, then try to maximise on disables; maybe get em to bite on a SoSt then follow with vector as the first stun goes off. If you have it, Sandball can help with the occasional silence. Soulburn is good too.
    edited May 2013
    sounding a lot like I need a specific Cleric genie XD adrenaline surge can break me of the sleep and then... Can I throw up SoR in preparation for the fake soul Burn? I know it reflects the stun from an archer very effectively... Anyway I would THINK after I break a sleep lock quickly they would go into damage control mode and throw a fake soul Burn before continuing an offensive. That leaves me an apothecary open to tank while I tide spirit DD in black yes?
    Am I getting something wrong or is this a viable strategy. Actually it also leaves me a spark open to either vector stun or soul Burn for a fake silence...

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You will need a cleric specific genie. Basically Heart of Steel/Adrenaline Surge/Will Surge/Faith. Faith will purify sleep, but not SoG. Faith will immune you to both if it's up when they go to cast it though. You can also avoid the seal from SoG with Will Surge.

Take note that you cannot get AD on your genie alongside Faith unless 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sounding a lot like I need a specific Cleric genie XD adrenaline surge can break me of the sleep and then... Can I throw up SoR in preparation for the fake soul Burn? I know it reflects the stun from an archer very effectively... Anyway I would THINK after I break a sleep lock quickly they would go into damage control mode and throw a fake soul Burn before continuing an offensive. That leaves me an apothecary open to tank while I tide spirit DD in black yes?
    Am I getting something wrong or is this a viable strategy. Actually it also leaves me a spark open to either vector stun or soul Burn for a fake silence...

Adrenaline Surge will prevent sleep after use, for about 7 seconds at max i think. It won't break sleep. Faith will prevent and break sleep and prevent SoG and soulburn, but you have to be able to predict them, and it's costly to put on genie. As Eoria said, it can't be on same genie as AD unless genie is 105.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I throw up SoR in preparation for the fake soul Burn? in black? a spark open to either vector stun or soul Burn for a fake silence...
    Personally, I need to get back into pk mode as its been a while... my money has been going toward upgrades and pk is a major money sink...

If you are absolutely against a cleric, soul of stun is better most of the time than soul of retalliation...

their "fake soulburn" is greater than our "real one"... its gotta be like 20 seconds to a minute in its duration, and even sage psys only have 10 seconds to theirs...

getting into black voodoo is definitely a major part of the game vs clerics... not necessarily tide spirit, though it couldnt hurt...

originally, i would have used to say soulburn a cleric... now that they have a better soulburn, dont bother unless you have at least 30k soulforce... soulburn vs soulburn, cleric wins... try to save your sparks more toward things like earth vector on them instead...
    Basically Heart of Steel/Adrenaline Surge/Will Surge/Faith. Faith will purify sleep, but not SoG. Faith will immune you to both if it's up when they go to cast it though. You can also avoid the seal from SoG with Will Surge.

Take note that you cannot get AD on your genie alongside Faith unless 105.
    Heart of steel is one genie skill that even clerics use against clerics (i dont have this one), sometimes ive heard them say its to "troll other clerics'... there are other classes metal immunity is good for too however...

Adrenaline surge i have on my genie... its cheap energy wise, its 7 seconds to charge up on them and not be slept for that 7 seconds... dont bother trying to anticipate a sleep coming unless you are truly psychic irl... use wisely and with extreme aggression... (i use with earth vector to begin with on most occasions in nw)...

Faith/Belief is worth having in order to break sleep, but its energy cost is very high and it needs to be on a genie thats not ur main pk genie from what I can see... I just aint really looked over what is worth having with it just yet, but it will be on my next pk genie...

Absolute domain... i havent bothered with that skill on my pk genie for a long time (fortify / ig combo is more effective for me, even the very few times i do use that)... ill definitely get AD when i finally make a pve genie again... someday...
    Adrenaline Surge will prevent sleep after use, for about 7 seconds at max i think. It won't break sleep. Faith will prevent and break sleep and prevent SoG and soulburn, but you have to be able to predict them, and it's costly to put on genie. As Eoria said, it can't be on same genie as AD unless genie is 105.
    This needing to be able to "predict" what will be cast... this is a wrong answer... however, planned for precise execution, you can use this the same way i use adrenaline surge currently... your prediction becomes upon your using the skill, you can "predict" what can NOT be used on you... and take advantage of that time...

Thats about all the advice i can give here for now, sorry i couldnt be more help... i havent really noticed most clerics as an issue in nw except for sleep really... hence my getting adrenaline surge... just really got annoying watching flag carriers prance past me completely free to do so... b:angry that has become an extremely rare occurrence now b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    ahh yeah PK is definitely a money sink... But since getting some pretty decent armor it really does end up being the thing holding my interest and letting me have the most fun. So I do it. But it takes practice like anything else which is why I turned here ^_^

Back on topic: genie cost is no issue. If faith then faith is what it takes. And I suppose learning that prediction will just come with a lot of trial and error practice.
    Also a question. Not trolling or saying you are wrong but asking: why do you think SoSt is better suited for clerics than SoR? Is my former defense/hypothetical attack not going to work? If not... Why? Obviously getting to that point might take a while but it is just a basic strategy remember.
    And I usually use soul Burn as a fake silence either right before I kite or right before I go full DD as a fake silence. So cutting it out of my plan of attack is not an issue. Especially since it leaves me an extra spark for purify or stun chance open.

Thank you all for your comments so far! Even this much is really helpful for me.

• Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, pk is definitely fun

"genie cost is no issue" - a genie's energy cost is an issue in pk... another issue must be chi in the same respect... one of the "pk games" in beating a real opponent of any challenge often becomes who can wear out the other's genie energy and/or chi while still having either if not both themself... consider this even if you do beat your opponent without using energy or chi, because that energy and chi saved will also save your hind pixels in ganks... most people do not tend to play fair or honorably no matter how op their gear is... so if you do not see genie energy cost as an issue currently, do start to see it as such... this is actually one of the main reasons I set up the genie i currently have as it is set up (i can show ya in game, just realize again i am demon, as a sage your genie should be at least slightly different)... not 1 skill i have on my genie is more than 80 energy... with 50 vit and over 50 mgc, i can pop 2 skills back to back when at full and another skill usually comes up before real fights end...

"If faith (is what is needed) then faith is what it takes." - this is true, however... using any genie skill that people recognize with the amount of energy that this skill takes, pretty much announces to everyone that your genie is spent... you become vulnerable...

"learning prediction will come with trial and error practice." - not necessarily... it will if that "trial and error" is with the same person over and over... even if that person "switches up tactics" on you, they will eventually become somewhat "readable"... the problem is, a skill like sleep can not be countered that i've noticed in the same way a barb's arma (before the new panda untamed form came out) can... that skill gave you just enough time to counter with AD or psy will, sleep just does not. This is why I use adrenaline surge the way I do, as not a prediction to counter skills... but as a prediction of what can not be cast on me in order for me to attempt to gain an upperhand...

"why do you think SoS is better suited for clerics than SoR? Is my former defense/hypothetical attack not going to work? If not... Why?" - Here is the thing, stunning a cleric in particular is extremely effective... A cleric is the primary support to any squad and as such, a cleric is one of the worst classes to actually kill, technically speaking... Clerics do not do well in pve situations when they get stunned too much, many of them qq to all hell about getting stun locked... the more you can interrupt their ability to cast, the better the outcome for you... clerics are not dd class, and i generally use retaliation in order to reduce damage (particularly versus sins when in any pk situation in general)... When I can, versus a cleric, my soul of stun goes up...

It is not to say soulburn is necessarily bad against clerics, but I myself often weigh "punch for punch" or "**** for tat" scenarios... If their **** is bigger than your tat, alternative measures become necessary... so do not so much cut it out of your plan, but definitely do not depend on it versus clerics...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

"genie cost is no issue" - a genie's energy cost is an issue in pk... another issue must be chi in the same respect... one of the "pk games" in beating a real opponent of any challenge often becomes who can wear out the other's genie energy and/or chi while still having either if not both themself... consider this even if you do beat your opponent without using energy or chi, because that energy and chi saved will also save your hind pixels in ganks... most people do not tend to play fair or honorably no matter how op their gear is... so if you do not see genie energy cost as an issue currently, do start to see it as such... this is actually one of the main reasons I set up the genie i currently have as it is set up (i can show ya in game, just realize again i am demon, as a sage your genie should be at least slightly different)... not 1 skill i have on my genie is more than 80 energy... with 50 vit and over 50 mgc, i can pop 2 skills back to back when at full and another skill usually comes up before real fights end...

"If faith (is what is needed) then faith is what it takes." - this is true, however... using any genie skill that people recognize with the amount of energy that this skill takes, pretty much announces to everyone that your genie is spent... you become vulnerable...

"learning prediction will come with trial and error practice." - not necessarily... it will if that "trial and error" is with the same person over and over... even if that person "switches up tactics" on you, they will eventually become somewhat "readable"... the problem is, a skill like sleep can not be countered that i've noticed in the same way a barb's arma (before the new panda untamed form came out) can... that skill gave you just enough time to counter with AD or psy will, sleep just does not. This is why I use adrenaline surge the way I do, as not a prediction to counter skills... but as a prediction of what can not be cast on me in order for me to attempt to gain an upperhand...

"why do you think SoS is better suited for clerics than SoR? Is my former defense/hypothetical attack not going to work? If not... Why?" - Here is the thing, stunning a cleric in particular is extremely effective... A cleric is the primary support to any squad and as such, a cleric is one of the worst classes to actually kill, technically speaking... Clerics do not do well in pve situations when they get stunned too much, many of them qq to all hell about getting stun locked... the more you can interrupt their ability to cast, the better the outcome for you... clerics are not dd class, and i generally use retaliation in order to reduce damage (particularly versus sins when in any pk situation in general)... When I can, versus a cleric, my soul of stun goes up...

It is not to say soulburn is necessarily bad against clerics, but I myself often weigh "punch for punch" or "**** for tat" scenarios... If their **** is bigger than your tat, alternative measures become necessary... so do not so much cut it out of your plan, but definitely do not depend on it versus clerics...

1) Actually I thought the poster of this that I responded to meant spirit/coin costs. Which is what I meant here by my response. :p I am aware of the energy cost but I suppose I could always play around with it. See if i like it or not. I just wanted suggestions. Multiple different ones are even better really.
    2)same thing. I will play around and find out if I like it trying to keep in mind the energy costs.
    3)I feel like prediction plays a large part in effective large counters. Which is why I asked specifically about when other psys are seeing the fake soul Burn being used during a fight with them. I feel like throwing up the reflect during that moment in a good prediction could essentially shut them down for a minute and I can DD them here without remorse. Again though. It was a thought. Not saying I am right and you are wrong. But knowing a general idea of when the spell is coming benefits me in plenty more ways than that one idea. And I have not been able to PK recently due to 2x gear farming so I can finally finish out my r9rr. Finally.

edited May 2013
    uum while i haven't tested I'd be pretty suprised if sor reflected cleric soulburn... it doesn't really do any initial dmg does it?
    edited May 2013
    uum while i haven't tested I'd be pretty suprised if sor reflected cleric soulburn... it doesn't really do any initial dmg does it?

no it does not. The reason I asked in particular is because SoR reflects the stun in stunning shot. It is how I beat archers so consistently. They are all so predictable it is basically like giving me a free no cost stun.

• Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited May 2013

where are your videos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no it does not. The reason I asked in particular is because SoR reflects the stun in stunning shot. It is how I beat archers so consistently. They are all so predictable it is basically like giving me a free no cost stun.

If you mean Stunning Arrow, then it deal damage also. Heck, cannot SoR back pure DoT skill like Torrent (not that it matter though).
  • maxwel12
    maxwel12 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A psy will Always have a hard time facing cleric fake soulburn > psy soulburn psy theirs last about 1 min psy only 8-10 sec you will NEVER stand a chance against a smart cleric with morai skills and decent gear this is what i noticed psy is strong at 50 - 90 then at 100 - 105 you either have 2 choices get 55k soulforce or die by classes like clerics wizads ect the reason psy have such a hard time against clerics is because of white/black voodo if you use black voodo you will be squishy as hell but hit hard but this is no biggy clerics have 2 shields and heals if you use white voodo your damage will be **** but clerics will still be able to do decent damge with plume attack dont remember the name well havent played pwi for ages if you use nothing your damage will be avarage but not enough to take a cleric down at all and you have no real defences on so it will be 1- 3 shot for you So its either 50+ k soulforce or reroll another class if you really care that much about clerics kicking your *** hard all the time reroll to assasin but i quit this game a long time ago dont know how it is not but this is how it was in my time when i played
    edited July 2013
    maxwel12 wrote: »
    A psy will Always have a hard time facing cleric fake soulburn > psy soulburn psy theirs last about 1 min psy only 8-10 sec you will NEVER stand a chance against a smart cleric with morai skills and decent gear this is what i noticed psy is strong at 50 - 90 then at 100 - 105 you either have 2 choices get 55k soulforce or die by classes like clerics wizads ect the reason psy have such a hard time against clerics is because of white/black voodo if you use black voodo you will be squishy as hell but hit hard but this is no biggy clerics have 2 shields and heals if you use white voodo your damage will be **** but clerics will still be able to do decent damge with plume attack dont remember the name well havent played pwi for ages if you use nothing your damage will be avarage but not enough to take a cleric down at all and you have no real defences on so it will be 1- 3 shot for you So its either 50+ k soulforce or reroll another class if you really care that much about clerics kicking your *** hard all the time reroll to assasin but i quit this game a long time ago dont know how it is not but this is how it was in my time when i played

apparently you played in a different universe if you think that plume shell has any effect on us or you played a bow-psy. btw it's easy to see how op other classes are when they are well equipedb:bye
  • maxwel12
    edited July 2013
    apparently you played in a different universe if you think that plume shell has any effect on us or you played a bow-psy. btw it's easy to see how op other classes are when they are well equiped
    i mean plume shot
    edited July 2013
    maxwel12 wrote: »
    i mean plume shot

that's not a cleric shield
  • maxwel12
    edited July 2013
    that's not a cleric shield

i never said it was a shield
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ppl think clerics are weak because they are healers, with the new morai skills, they became super strong end game, especially vs psys.

one hting you guys didnt say, they can absorb heals from bubble of life as well

sage psys can have the chance to seal for 5 sec with sos , so gives u a little time, to either prepare a stun or a seal.

demon psys can try a killing blow with tide spirit crits.

in 1v1 a demon cleric can kick your *** easily.

like, try make use the psy apoth, then sog, debuffs, demon spirit gitf and violet dance to reach like 46k mag attack, demon wield thunder, extreme poison, will surge, gl to win vs that lol
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Remember Mark of Weakness jumps defense levels
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Psychics are at a severe disadvantage to clerics. Sorry psychics, its just a fact.

Clerics have so many things they can do to you that won't get them sealed:

-2 morai healing debuffs
    -mark of weakness attack (it acts like a single-time damage over time hit, it will not tick soul of silence, soul of retaliation, or soul of stunning)
    -magical defense debuff
    -physical defense debuff
    -magical shackles (our 1-minute duration 'soulburn'; it has a 30% proc rate with everything you do, does physical dmg equal to our MAGIC attack (not soulforce) which means if I increase my magic attack by double, triple sparking, magical shackles procs hurt the low-base-defense psychics a lot
    -sleep
    -seal of the gods (an immobilize + seal + 90% dmg reduction to you, except for cleric's mark of weakness/bm's blade tornado/seekers metal 2 spark aoe/mystic's absorb soul, which ignore this dmg reduction)

They can tank your damage with:

-2 morai heals
    -variety of heals if in normal mode
    -purify (remove your -channeling debuff, earth defense debuff if you are demon, immobilizes, slows, extreme poison amp)
    -guardian light (60% dmg reduction for 10 seconds)
    -wings of protection (shield that absorbs dmg equal to 20% of my max hp)
    -pious blessing (a 12 second skill that, if I die, I recover 50% hp instead; its like a short-lasting version of barbarian's 'cornered beast' or assassin's 'deaden nerves')

They keep you locked down with:
    -sleep
    -seal of gods
    -another immobilize (if they need to run, they can put this on you when the other 2 are in cooldown and back away)

They kill you best with:

-razor feathers (our physical aoe) or plume shot crits when you are near half hp
    -stacking healing debuff, ticking your charm with mark of weakness, then your charm ticks and you are 2-3 hits from dying

Videos showing me beating up psychics:
    1. Older footage, we had roughly same r9rr jaded +12 gear
    2. Fighting two r9rr psychics at same time who had +12 wep but no jades
    3. Short fight against same psychic as in #1
    4. Physical dmg wrecking a r9rr +12 dot psychic

Heart of steel may not always help you, as you can see in video 4. Belief on genie is pretty much a must. If you can start to predict when i'll use seal of the gods, will surge could be your friend. Use dots on the cleric, hit them to near half hp, stun them, do some dmg. Then you might consider anti stun apoth + will surge to prevent them from offensively retaliating to your combo. Thats probably your best bet.

Other than that?

Pray! (Or hope that cleric is not very good.)
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
    edited September 2013
    we are talking about clerics, not aeliahrics. the usual featherheads die by stacking IH while soulburned :p
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    we are talking about clerics, not aeliahrics. the usual featherheads die by stacking IH while soulburned :p

An ironheart heals a lot more than the tick of soulburn; but you have to ensure that you already had several ironhearts stacked BEFORE the soulburn arrived, to make ironhearting a valid defense. It is usually preferable to counter offensively (seal of gods, chromatic seal) or to run, or if you simply must heal, stream of rejuvenation (a wellspring surge would only just barely cancel out the soulburn tick from a decent psychic).
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Psychics are at a severe disadvantage to clerics. Sorry psychics, its just a fact.

Clerics have so many things they can do to you that won't get them sealed:

-2 morai healing debuffs
    -mark of weakness attack (it acts like a single-time damage over time hit, it will not tick soul of silence, soul of retaliation, or soul of stunning)
    -magical defense debuff
    -physical defense debuff
    -magical shackles (our 1-minute duration 'soulburn'; it has a 30% proc rate with everything you do, does physical dmg equal to our MAGIC attack (not soulforce) which means if I increase my magic attack by double, triple sparking, magical shackles procs hurt the low-base-defense psychics a lot
    -sleep
    -seal of the gods (an immobilize + seal + 90% dmg reduction to you, except for cleric's mark of weakness/bm's blade tornado/seekers metal 2 spark aoe/mystic's absorb soul, which ignore this dmg reduction)

They can tank your damage with:

-2 morai heals
    -variety of heals if in normal mode
    -purify (remove your -channeling debuff, earth defense debuff if you are demon, immobilizes, slows, extreme poison amp)
    -guardian light (60% dmg reduction for 10 seconds)
    -wings of protection (shield that absorbs dmg equal to 20% of my max hp)
    -pious blessing (a 12 second skill that, if I die, I recover 50% hp instead; its like a short-lasting version of barbarian's 'cornered beast' or assassin's 'deaden nerves')

They keep you locked down with:
    -sleep
    -seal of gods
    -another immobilize (if they need to run, they can put this on you when the other 2 are in cooldown and back away)

They kill you best with:

-razor feathers (our physical aoe) or plume shot crits when you are near half hp
    -stacking healing debuff, ticking your charm with mark of weakness, then your charm ticks and you are 2-3 hits from dying

Videos showing me beating up psychics:
    1. Older footage, we had roughly same r9rr jaded +12 gear
    2. Fighting two r9rr psychics at same time who had +12 wep but no jades
    3. Short fight against same psychic as in #1
    4. Physical dmg wrecking a r9rr +12 dot psychic

Heart of steel may not always help you, as you can see in video 4. Belief on genie is pretty much a must. If you can start to predict when i'll use seal of the gods, will surge could be your friend. Use dots on the cleric, hit them to near half hp, stun them, do some dmg. Then you might consider anti stun apoth + will surge to prevent them from offensively retaliating to your combo. Thats probably your best bet.

Other than that?

Pray! (Or hope that cleric is not very good.)

All those useless psychics.......
    No wonder you think you are the **** :(
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All those useless psychics.......
    No wonder you think you are the **** :(

Aeliah is right, psychics are really lame at end game (especially in 1v1s).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Aeliah is right, psychics are really lame at end game (especially in 1v1s).

Any class is, depends on who plays it.
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any class is, depends on who plays it.

Nope, some classes just don't have the tools to be effective no matter who was playing it. It wouldn't matter if Chuck Norris was playing a fully maxed psychic, I would still dominate it in a 1v1. Psychics are squishy (even in white voodoo) and lack the DD (or more specifically.. the amps/debuffs) necessary to be competitive in a 1v1 against most end game classes (maybe you guys have a chance against archers..? Not really sure what else).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]