Advanced Grinding Machine Bugged [again?]

Options
Chelestine - Heavens Tear
Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Quality Corner
I noticed today when logging my alt to do the Jolly Old Jones Daily Bounty quests that the Perfect Punica Pulp quest is bugged, and that the Advanced Grinding Machine seems to yield no Perfect Flesh, only Rough Flesh. I read somewhere in the forums that a similar problem has occurred before.

The last few days when I started doing these quests I've received this particular quest maybe 10 times. Every time it gave the Perfect Flesh 100% of the time, ie I've had to dig the machine 3x only to complete the quest. I know this is of course also a bug, since there's supposed to be some kind of % chance of gaining the Perfect Flesh, but I preferred it when I could actually COMPLETE the quest...

I couldn't be bothered to try with more than 50 digs (that already took a very long time since the digging time isn't the fastest), of which none gave the Perfect Flesh, and I'm pretty sure that's way lower than intended. It could also indicate that there is now 0% chance of getting the Perfect Fruit, which of course renders the quest non-completable.

Attached a screenshot to show of my attempts.

2013-04-0312-49-37_zps0fba3af8.png

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
Post edited by Chelestine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hi Chelestine,

this is a known issue. What happens is that we get it fixed on an internal build, and the transition to Live servers breaks the success rate. This keeps happening and no amount of debugging seems to fix it. We're looking into a permanent fix in an incoming content patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi Chelestine,

this is a known issue. What happens is that we get it fixed on an internal build, and the transition to Live servers breaks the success rate. This keeps happening and no amount of debugging seems to fix it. We're looking into a permanent fix in an incoming content patch.

Could it have something to do with the fact that rough flesh seems to have some kind of break with it's quest item status? IT doesn't disappear upon trashing the quest the same way every other quest item does. http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/2013-04-0323-02-02_zpsd33df311.png

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • genotypist
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Could it have something to do with the fact that rough flesh seems to have some kind of break with it's quest item status? IT doesn't disappear upon trashing the quest the same way every other quest item does. http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/2013-04-0323-02-02_zpsd33df311.png
    Not with the item itself, but with the npc data for the Advanced Grinding Machine. Its internal success rate should be significantly higher, and we've seen it yield perfect flesh once the devs mess around with that file.
  • baldish
    baldish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    PWI Patch Notes v711 - Released April 17, 2013 made the bug come back again. I keep getting rough flesh, got 46 of the in a row. I tried logging out and login back in, the results were the same.

It was working well then v707 patch came out. The problem isn't much that the grinding quests the bugged, but trashing the quests and getting new one gives the grinding quests again.

Hope this is going to be fixed.
  • hexsubah
    hexsubah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    For those of you still experiencing this issue, can you please tell us what time of day you're using the Advanced Grinding Machine and not getting any Perfect Flesh? This information might help us nail this.

Thanks!
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It is bugged at RT - tryed it 2 times around 15.30 to 16.00 CET
    After trashing the Advanced Grinding Machine quest twice i couldn't take/get another quest from Jones
    Did the quest with my lvl 75 Mystic
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    no issues in Arch as far as i know. i do it with my 74 archer. I wanna say i do it 9am server time which is also my time. i live in cali.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Just tried on the Harshlands server, it is currently 5:57 AM EST, with my 79 Blademaster and received rough flesh. I've just trashed it and picked up another grinding quest. Tried with that one and still got rough flesh.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • Ridelia - Morai
    Ridelia - Morai Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It seems to be bugged on Morai too, I tried yestarday at 10PM server time and today at 11AM server time. Got Rough Flesh only.
  • Flamelle - Raging Tide
    Flamelle - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It does not seem correlated with time at all, I have friends from all time zone and they all only get rough flesh now in spite of collecting at different times... Moreover, I usually get this useless quest 3 times in a row...
  • maestorm
    maestorm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Today's update screwd grinding machine at Sanctuary...
    I just hope it will get fixed soon a lot fo my fac peeps made lvl 71+ toons just for this set of quests.
    Cheers.
  • claudiu2
    claudiu2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The Advanced Grinding Machine is bugged again. At least on arch server. I tried a couple of minutes ago and got only Rough Flesh. Hope devs can fix it up.
  • steviexxcute
    steviexxcute Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Its bugged again... i tried digging 42 times always got rough flesh... i did at 04.52 am server time, archosaur server b:angry
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    6:05 am archosaur server... so we have another week w/o this q... b:sad
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Shoot, I hope this isn't true on my end. <_< I knew I should have dug a stack full of perfect flesh before maint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Time_D_Mago - Archosaur
    Time_D_Mago - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Archosaur, mmm betwen 1:00 and 3:00 PM
  • tinkers0216
    tinkers0216 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i keep getting rough flesh instead of perfect flesh. It's happened 30times in a row digging now. It's 10:23PM PT. PLease fix this!
  • FoxBatCat - Sanctuary
    FoxBatCat - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    3-16-2013

Sanctuary Server

3:16 am

The grinding machine is broken for me. It sucks that its broken, but thanks for having it work most of the rest of the time :3
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Sanctuary definitely broken at all times : )
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Whatsinaname - Dreamweaver
    Whatsinaname - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    5-21 still broken in Morai on all times.. hope it will be fixed during this maint
  • Mosquito_Ivy - Sanctuary
    Mosquito_Ivy - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It is still broken... get only rough fleshes (08:19 am ST).

Also, looks like there is now a limitation on how many orders / quest you can have per account AND range (8 quests / range including the one taht gives orders...). EG : 3 chars 71, 78, & 41:
    16 possible quests =>
    8 for 71 & 78 (if you do all 8 on one char, you can't get daily orders on the other one)
    8 for the 41

Anyone experienced the same limitation?
  • LysDeMar - Raging Tide
    LysDeMar - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The quest is back to broken with this maintenance on RT.

This limit has been on from the beginning, only one char on the account in a given range can do Jolly Jones orders.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Still broken on Sanctuary -.-
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well, little hint from Kitty...

If the grinding machine is working before maintenance, it's a good idea to dig week's worth of perfect fleshes from AGM. This is possible as long as you have punica fruit in inventory(in other words, until you turn in the "Perfect Punica Pulp"-quest). 42 perfect fleshes should be quite enough for a week as it would be 2 AGM-quests per day. Unless AGM loves you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • zihuang
    zihuang Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    four grinding machine quests out of seven when the quest is broken.... good times... good times
  • genotypist
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    the fix that was implemented to the Advanced Grinding Machine keeps overriding itself.
    We're going to hardcode a change to it with the next content patch.
  • SirLancalot - Heavens Tear
    SirLancalot - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    the fix that was implemented to the Advanced Grinding Machine keeps overriding itself.
    We're going to hardcode a change to it with the next content patch.

-removed- -.-; yea its only close to a mil per char a day but on my server that maybe last all about .2% of a buy considering the prices things are -.-;
  • PajatheTrut - Raging Tide
    PajatheTrut - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well ,the machine seems to be broken since yesterday on raging tide server,tried a few minutes ago,still gives rough flesh.. What are the chances of fixing this ?
    Asfetiu
    Asfetiu
    Fiends, criminals, slaves, blasphemers
    The word of Ra is against you
    Ye are fettered and bound with leather
    straps... helpless, doomed
    Wailing in unendurable torment
    Lashed to the forked slave stick by the neck
  • SirLancalot - Heavens Tear
    SirLancalot - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i really love how worthless most of the mods are aswell as the gms are for this game

honestly dont care what they take of what i just said or do about it its the truth

but heres some thoughts... since none of you all seem to know how to code very well or even fix a simple issue with 1 thing... (and quit a lot fo other issues that have been in this game for several years now that still arnt fixed)

Why not just removed rough flesh from the game and the files all together and make the thiong only able to craft the perfect flesh 100% of the time without fail >.>;

dont just change the %s of the craft or make it to where it has a high chance just remove the **** all together and be done with it since you cant fix the issue
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well, since this thread is probably most used source on this problem, Kitty might be better post a link to her precautious way(which some others than Kitty been already using, too) to go around this problem.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1598721

Now that maintenace was today, at least some ppl probably gets to read this before next week and get help from this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)