Sirens of War Content Update

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well.

So much for a pet system revamp. I'm assuming it's actually form of pet recasting as I didn't see any of my pets syncing their level with mine nor did I see their stats change based on my gear.
    I did see the new forms of the pets in game, which leads me to believe that at a certain level or with certain items, this new pet system can be activated. I will need to look more into this.

I've made this pet upgrade related thread on the Venomancer sub-forum and together with some other people we've managed to find a lot of information about the upgraded pet system. There are also links to the original sources if you're interested. I hope it can be helpful as a starter at least so you know what to look into.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pets can evolve and enter training once they're 100, from what people have gleaned on the thread Desdi linked. It seems like only a small subset of all pets will be able to evolve (all the legendaries, including the two upcoming ones, most of the rares: Kowlin, Cuddly Pup, Frogling, Piggy, both bears, Hatchling; a few of the commons: tame level 2 scorpions, sawfly, magmites, walker, wanderer, Eden cactos, plumpfish... think that covers everything Ecatomb got from file mining.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well.

[URL="with mine nor did I see their stats change based on my gear.

You give me a good information, I had a assumption that the inherit coeffcients only will work at level 100, after the pet has evolved. So if you are level 80 and the pet' stats isn't inherting anything from your gear, so this system only will work at level 100, and my assumption is correct.

Conclusion: When the pet evolve, it will change the appearance, learn the exclusive skill, be able to be trained, learn Personalities Skills and will be affected by inherits coefficient.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed PWDB has been updated to the latest PWCN and PWI data.

PWCN Items of interest:
    +2 attack level stones http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/38153
    New uber helm (0.0002% from a new pack) http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/38256
    New uber cape (upgrade of matchless wings) http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/38257
    (together they have +8 attack level set bonus)

New Pack http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/38304
    The interesting thing about the pack is that in addition to the normal payout there is a 100% chance of getting a "Gold Snake Essence". 500 of those you can craft into a DoT / DoD. http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/34734

That can increase the supply of DoT / DoD by a factor of 6 or 7...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed PWDB has been updated to the latest PWCN and PWI data.

PWCN Items of interest:
    +2 attack level stones http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/38153
    New uber helm (0.0002% from a new pack) http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/38256
    New uber cape (upgrade of matchless wings) http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/38257
    (together they have +8 attack level set bonus)

New Pack http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/38304
    The interesting thing about the pack is that in addition to the normal payout there is a 100% chance of getting a "Gold Snake Essence". 500 of those you can craft into a DoT / DoD. http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/34734

I was going to go half vit half JoSD, and I was going to get the JoSD first, however bringing this up, I guess I will get my vits first, then get the JoSD once this comes out. Thanks for the info!
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
    edited April 2013
    I was going to go half vit half JoSD, and I was going to get the JoSD first, however bringing this up, I guess I will get my vits first, then get the JoSD once this comes out. Thanks for the info!

Ehh it's hard to say if we'll get that pack. The helm inside has a set bonus with a cape that's an upgrade to Matchless Wings. We already have a cape that's an upgrade to matchless wings...

Still I can see them adding the Snake Essence thing with other packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ehh it's hard to say if we'll get that pack. The helm inside has a set bonus with a cape that's an upgrade to Matchless Wings. We already have a cape that's an upgrade to matchless wings...

I just had to comment because I saw Asty posted.
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes, after the untamed form "upgrades" it's hard to say what we'll get anymore based off PWCN version of the game. It wouldn't surprise me if we did get it though as many R93s would probably want better helms/capes then what S3s have, and PWI is overdue for a new "better than upgraded TT" helm and cape like they had when Anni packs first came out. Filling the market with DoDs and DoTs doesn't really concern me though, as people who shard them over Vit/HP/Garnets/Saphires/ or yes, even Element stones (unless they already have very high defenses and/or HP) I don't think really understand how DEF and ATT levels work. Still they are nice bonuses and the +2 ATT level stones will be something to consider (after all that's +48 ATT levels with 24 socket slots) if your willing to forgo the HP/Defense for it.

Edit: BTW I'm not talking about perfect stones vs DoTs or DoDs. I'm talking about the lev 11 gems (all called gems of respective stone) and lev 12 gems such as Drakeflames, Icebornes, Stone of Gaia or SnowFlakes. I imagine if the market gets flooded with DoDs or DoTs they will be preferred over these due to cost, but, depending on the defense values of gear certain gems would still be better.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013

To be honest? I'd much rather they make this stuff farmable via a revamped Nirvana. Seriously, it'd be perfect. Bosses drop a set or random number of boxes containing those essences and they open for a random number of them. More DoTs/DoDs on the market and revive a dead instance. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    To be honest? I'd much rather they make this stuff farmable via a revamped Nirvana. Seriously, it'd be perfect. Bosses drop a set or random number of boxes containing those essences and they open for a random number of them. More DoTs/DoDs on the market and revive a dead instance. b:surrender

Not to mention could revive a dead economy after the rap market from NW dries up.
    edited April 2013
    Nirvana deserved to die. It was too easy, too short, and not remotely class balanced. I'd rather they resurrect Trials but solve the problem of people having AFK alts there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Nirvana deserved to die. It was too easy, too short, and not remotely class balanced. I'd rather they resurrect Trials but solve the problem of people having AFK alts there.

I'd rather have Nirvana back than Trials... Trials was just so much drama and organizing that I don't want to deal with again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Actually, I'd rather have neither back. Nirvana was as boring as watching paint dry and trials needed a large group in order to do. Even if you slate a particular day to do it, after people got what they needed they just stopped going, "I got mine, **** everyone else" mentality. Even if you kicked them out of faction for it they would just use their better gear to get into another, possibly better, one.

What PWI needs, and I mean REALLY needs, at this point is a new end game area. Or, they need to totally revamp the end game areas they already have that have never been very useful. Lothranis/Momagannon needs a complete overhall, with the fb 110s being linked to brand new (and very challenging) instances. It would be safe to wipe nirvana off the map at this point, (and restore Rampage to the Momogannon fb 110 if they wanted to) I don't think anyone uses it for anything anymore.

Most people don't know that there is an instance entrance in Land of Buried Bones which leads to a desert themed instance (though I don't remember what it was called) that has never been used for anything. Snake Isle Race could be restored to being a dungeon as well as I don't think too many people actually use it to race anymore (unless they really want those badges of speed) its no longer even mentioned in the schedule.

Anyone still do Dragon Temple? A few people go for pet skill books and underwater PvP but that place is beautiful, it could be used for so much more ><. Jungle ruins isn't used much these days either, and considering how long it was shut down it had such a short run :(

Anyway, with so many underutilized areas, and several which still have yet to see use, why anyone would Nirvana back is beyond me, and though I like the trials maps, they would have to be redone a bit to grab the interest of current players.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather have Nirvana back than Trials... Trials was just so much drama and organizing that I don't want to deal with again.

are trials too complicated for u maybe? or its not a 5 mins stance? b:thanks

nirvana is a instance where even a 5 year old can run it....therefore like it was proved before with cannies/raps...any squishi/+5 or whatever no brain farmer with multiclient will be able to run it...resulting in the end, in a overflow of dot/dods on the market...and guess what jods will not be that op anymore cuz everyone will have them.

that is meant as an incentive to open packs...which by any definition is good for all f2p/p2p
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2013
    slamstone wrote: »
    are trials too complicated for u maybe? or its not a 5 mins stance? b:thanks

In my experience, it is a giant drama fest over who gets the mats and you do need certain classes/enough people on at one time which can be hard to get. I'd rather not deal with it again.
    nirvana is a instance where even a 5 year old can run it....therefore like it was proved before with cannies/raps...any squishi/+5 or whatever no brain farmer with multiclient will be able to run it...resulting in the end, in a overflow of dot/dods on the market...and guess what jods will not be that op anymore cuz everyone will have them.

Pretty sure I've advocated on these forums that if they were to revamp Nirvana, it'd be best to reintroduce it with the full map it's based on (fb109 Hell). Change it from there to something...idk. Something more than just kill seven bosses, resquad, do it again.
    that is meant as an incentive to open packs...which by any definition is good for all f2p/p2p

I might enjoy opening 36,000 packs, but lets be real here. It's probably just going to make gold prices higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if those essences were farmable indeed. It would revive the economy a little like suggested and increase the availability of DoT/DoDs. A lot of people have been trying to shard currently but there aren't enough of those stones around.

Nirvana...I don't know. I did enjoy the Caster one but that instance is too elitist, class exclusive and takes so little time that I can hardly call it endgame content.

Trials...my faction does them once a month but..I really like them :( A lot of people still like trials but running them costs more than you gain so a lot of people are turned off from running. I wish they'd add something worth farming again so they could revive them.

Unused instances...oh how I wish they'd revamp those. Heave/Hell and FB109 are something I'd love a revamp for. There's absolutely no reason to go there, other than farming herbs, and the FB109s are not even available in our version. There are a lot of unused things in-game that I'd love seeing being revived..
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Unused instances...oh how I wish they'd revamp those. Heave/Hell and FB109 are something I'd love a revamp for. There's absolutely no reason to go there, other than farming herbs, and the FB109s are not even available in our version. There are a lot of unused things in-game that I'd love seeing being revived..

Actually, people have been running FB 109s for a very long time now (about 2-3 yrs I think) Warsong City is fb 109 Lothranis which was originally called Heavenly Music Pavillion. I don't know if the mobs and bosses are the same but I would guess they are since... lets face it... PWE's track record does not favor being original, even with their revamped content. As both Eoria and I have mentioned Nirvana is fb 109 Momogannon, originally called Rampage, with all the doors and corridors (and even some of the other rooms) sealed off so you can't run through them. You can still see them though if you tweak the camera.

The only instance that I don't think you can currently see/run through as something else is Desert Palace (which I believe is the English Translation of the desert instance in Land of Buried Bones). It's a shame, since they could have easily made it into an FB 19 for either the Tideborn or the Earthguard, both of which do not currently have a level 19 instance. Even better, they could have made it AEU as it would have fit the theme while giving peeps a different map to play on. Honestly, I hate the EU/AUE map ><. It just seems lazy to me, a circle with a bunch of bridges leading to islands in the center. They didn't even make the water at the bottom actual water. And to reuse it as "the next stage?" TBH I expected something called Endless Universe to have a more Outer Space, Universal, Realm of the Gods type of theme. Though not as bad as rehashing old content into things like Nirvana, I think the only original map so far that is even lazier is the rat dungeon.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delta with vile waves or bosses anyone? plus a way to send subwaves earlier (with bonus rewards based on time, like a tower defense game). Now that sounds tremendously fun, decently balanced across classes (put some pdmg immune to ensure breaking seekers' dominance) and make them hit hard enough to require proper tanking/stunning/aggro ping pong. perhaps extend the squad limit to 10 too.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delta with vile waves or bosses anyone? plus a way to send subwaves earlier (with bonus rewards based on time, like a tower defense game). Now that sounds tremendously fun, decently balanced across classes (put some pdmg immune to ensure breaking seekers' dominance) and make them hit hard enough to require proper tanking/stunning/aggro ping pong. perhaps extend the squad limit to 10 too.

Damn
    Just make another game based on it b:surrender
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We don't need vile bosses or mobs in delta. i'm fine with the way delta is now...

as for tideborns they do have an instance with a boss the ocean tusker and earthguards have a boss to :D neither really have mobs but meh lol.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We don't need vile bosses or mobs in delta. i'm fine with the way delta is now...

as for tideborns they do have an instance with a boss the ocean tusker and earthguards have a boss to :D neither really have mobs but meh lol.

tell me more about your huge coins/time ratio in delta
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Renegade, Mist City, Blacksand Palace, Shrine of Tides...it would be something if they were all brought back/made into different (possibly challenging) instances.
    I'm also a bit disappointed that there's no way to farm the Matchless Wings cape itself - even Cloudcharger (despite the ridiculous cost in terms of Insignia...), Sky Cover/Cloud Stir ect are obtainable in some way aside from packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Renegade, Mist City, Blacksand Palace, Shrine of Tides...it would be something if they were all brought back/made into different (possibly challenging) instances.
    I'm also a bit disappointed that there's no way to farm the Matchless Wings cape itself - even Cloudcharger (despite the ridiculous cost in terms of Insignia...), Sky Cover/Cloud Stir ect are obtainable in some way aside from packs.

Yay :D! Someone who knew all the actual names! I'm terrible at remembering names and I was too lazy to go look them all up as its hard to find any info on the their original states (especially if you can't remember what they were originally called :P) One can still see Youtube vids of Renegade and Mist City but anything on BlackSand Palace is scarce to non existant.

SweetieBot, please award Euthymius 5 points for knowing the old instance names.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SweetieBot, please award Euthymius 5 points for knowing the old instance names.
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear awards 5 points to Euthymius - Heavens Tear!
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear is now in 1st place for May 2013 with 5 points (25 points overall).
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Actually, people have been running FB 109s for a very long time now

Oh I know that. Warsong and Nirvana are based on/part of the original FB109 instances. I guess the way I put it was confusing. What I meant is that those actual FB109 instances are unused and unavailable in our version since we basically only use a part of them.

Well, with the current BH Seat/Aba we only use a part of those instances too but when it comes to FB/Cultivation we do run the whole thing as opposed to Warsong/Nirvana that we only use a part of the actual instance.

Although I suppose Warsong does include the whole FB109 instance but we don't really use it xD
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least they're revamping both FB 99, looking forward for more details on them : http://www.pwbrchannel.com/2013/03/reformulacoes-no-purgatorio-celeste-e.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This.

A thousand times THIS

I'd so do it. I'd even get a weak little cheap axe and slap a fire attack shard so that in the event of no wizzie, I cans till HF the physical immunes.

ALL OF MY YES!
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Technically, it's pretty much a private server. Might be officially sanctioned by Wanmei though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Technically, it's pretty much a private server. Might be officially sanctioned by Wanmei though.

Those are the new battlefields they added to NW. I think it might be random which of the 3 types you get when attacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.