Cleric advise

Options
2»

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    There is 26.67% chance to get the Defence level mod.

Then it is a random number 10-25. It is up to you what number you are satisfied with. If you choose to accept 20-25, then that means you will need ON AVERAGE 12 rerols to get your weapon.

Once you get the def level mod it can be honed for a higher def level without having to reroll the actual add, just their value.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Once you get the def level mod it can be honed for a higher def level without having to reroll the actual add, just their value.

Oh? Thought this is only possible on Morai stuff. tell me more about it :O
    Do i need the same materials to rehone instead of reroll?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Oh? Thought this is only possible on Morai stuff. tell me more about it :O
    Do i need the same materials to rehone instead of reroll?

You can hone at the forge near the fac base entrance in East Arch. It costs 90 coins, 10 adamantine whetstones, and 3 hapatizon whetsones to hone a weapon. There is also a 2 million coin fee per hone.

Not that it relates to the topic per se, but you can also hone armour for a similar recipie, just replace the 10 adamantine whetstones with 5 round shield medals and halve the fee.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I can understand why refining would be painful for you if you were trying things like +4 and +5 without refining aids!

Check out this link to find the most suitable method of refining.
    (Note this is ALL you need, there is a bunch of hocus pocus surrounding refining, its all rubbish. Don't be "putting in a dummy piece to avoid the bad luck rolls**" or "moving locations", it will all just cost you money in the long run)
    https://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/warren.forrest/pwi-refine-costs
    Taken from this thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=541751
    just change the costs around to suit your server (tienkang and tisha should be changed from 0.27 to 0.135 too for example to represent sale price, then I would just change the DOrb price manually in cell C8 to reflect what you can buy them for in game atm)
    I don't know where the figures come from for the success rates for each, but in my experience of refining 20-30 pieces to +7 or higher now, they have been fairly accurate, so I just trust he has a valid source.

Using 1.5mil gold, 11k mirages as an example..

To get to +5
    Using mirages alone with no aids = 4.6mil
    Using mirages to +3, then tienkang too up to +5 = 3.5mil

To get to +6
    Using mirages alone with no aids = 15.5mill
    Using mirages to +3, then tienkang too up to +6 = 8.4mil

You need to use those aids to get real value out of it :)

Sometimes people are scared to do it, and get all upset when one piece starts costing a lot. What you need to remember is that over the 8 or so pieces you are going to refine, it will roughly even out to be pretty close to those values, even if you get insanely bad luck on a piece or two (in fact, you should expect that at least one of them will go badly, and one of them will probably go really well, so don't be surprised when it happens, don't get emotional, and just keep firing).

I think the worst luck I had was on my R9S1 legs a couple years back... it took me around 3000 mirages and some crazy amount of refine aids just to get to +7. I think the total cost was about 70mil from memory. A few people in faction told me I was an idiot for continuing with them, and I should just orb the rest of the pieces.... Overall though the total savings were something in the region of 100mill for the entire set (the chestpiece was beautiful... it took 7 mirages and 4 aids to get to +7 rofl! bang bang bang right off the bat)
    This time, refining 3 pieces of +8 R9S3 (the other I transferred the refines) cost me a total of 1200 mirages and about 80 refining aids (so 30million roughly for 3 pieces to +8 from 0)

Will some pieces suck? Definitely
    Will some pieces made you feel like you just stole something from the game? YES!!!
    Overall, will you be a winner? 100%, as long as you stick to the system, and continue on regardless.

Best of luck if you choose to follow this advice,
    and best of luck if you dont :)

**I had a friend who used to do this.... thought he had a system that determined when the bad luck rolls were coming in. The messed up part is that the ring he was putting in during the "bad luck" phase, got to +8 before his armour did. Strangely... he still thought it was doing him favours!!!
    Hi btw Blaz if you read this, love you!!!
    I love drinking tea
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    On my mystic I got the R8r weap for def level (I do pvp/tw/nw), took me 5 reroll to get the def level, first one was the 2.1k hp thing and 3 times was channeling then the fifth one got the def lvl.

Got 16 def lvl then needed to reroll around 7 times to get over 20 def lvl on it. (was getting 16, 17, 11, 13 ...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ok little update:

I now managed to get the g16 glaive for pretty cheap (bought g15 glaive for 19mil) and im now curious, if the g16 makes sense, even when i get HP and Vit on it.
    The HP would be pretty handy for my things and would boost my clerics HP quiet good and would avoid oneshots from some bosses.

Also i would deal more damage in NW with her (playing her on dual client, not doing much but when my sin has to travel around the map or empty map, i play her to get some credits) and that would help increasing the credits and in the end, more money out of NW.

What should i do?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's absolutely fine. Go ahead and do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute