Clearing Up Rank 8 "Wedding Candies" Gear

Comments

• TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All in all your build looks on par with r9.1 for the price tag of r9.3 or higher. Meh.
    Shhh don't tell him that, he wouldn't get that build done in a year of playing on a private server, let alone on pwi.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would comment on how much of an idiot Apotasy is but I already tried that when he said he was going for the Warsoul weapon instead of r9 3rd cast. And when he linked his +12 r6 soulsphere like we were all supposed to cower in fear or something.

"FEAR ME, FOR MY MAGIC ATTACK IS EQUAL TO YOUR r9 +8 SOULSPHERE BUT I LACK ABOUT 60 ATTACK LEVELS COMPARED TO YOU!! ALSO I'M DEMON!"

Damn. I'm quaking in my boots.

On a serious note, I love crit. When I started getting my r9 pieces, I initially wore a combo of gear that gave me 26% crit, just to see what it was like before getting the full r9 set.
    It wasn't worth it. It felt like my old 18% in PVP, only significantly noticeable in PvE in AOE instances. The damage gap due to attack levels was pretty big, too. Crit's nice and definitely something worth going for when you can, but don't get drunk off it.

But yeah, Apotasy's an idiot. Nothing new there.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Noobs usually go all-out damage with endgame gear instead of balancing it out by adding crit rate. Likewise Apostasy represents the other extreme, a noob who is obsessed with crit to the point he sacrifices his damage.

Once you get core of your stats done, the goal is to get 20%+ crit rate in pwi because 20-25 is the bottom range for crit to be reliable in pvp - if pwi copies more stuff from other games such as resilience stat, that number will bump up to 30-33% (and even now they're moderately adding ways to reduce crit chance but their impact is not great enough to force players to adjust their crit rate goal).

P.S. Sadly we'll never see 3rd party tools in pwi so that noobs can see statistics on the performance between different gear.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's more complex to optimize my bm's str/dex for damage because I have to take into account the to-hit rate vs different targets, but I posted some spreadsheets on this in the BM forums (also applies to seekers & barbs). Magic classes are a lot simpler. If I have a choice to add 20 magic to my psychic or 20 dex, the average damage increase for dex is about 289 (average mag attack * .01), but for magic it's over 558 (estimated by 0.2 * weapon damage, don't feel like going through all the +magic attack stats). Obviously they both add damage so if you can get crit for free it's worthwhile (r9.3 comes with plenty, and g15 helm/cape plus a level 8/9 tome will give you a bit more), but adding magic is clearly preferable to dexterity. YMMV but those are the numbers for my current toon.
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    It's not that easy because magic gives fixed damage whereas crit gives %, which is exactly why there is a fine line which separates the point from which adding more magic damage is less efficient than adding 1% crit. If pwi allowed 3rd party tools I could easily pinpoint that line, this way far as my psy goes I'm copy-pasting the numbers behind a similar class from another game - I'm sure a math geek could do it on paper for pwi but nobody has done it yet since 99.99% of pwi are noobs who never even think about balancing their gear, they just buy the most expensive **** and expect the best results by default - which isn't always true.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Even still, that 20 dex needs to account for almost 2x as much damage to be worthwhile. So, perhaps it is worthwhile when buffed and triple-sparked since 3spark roughly doubles your damage, but you're losing out on dps when not triple sparked. I might graph it out on a spreadsheet.
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Btw when I say crit build I'm not talking about balancing magic and dex stat...As a psy you only put minimum dex to get 20base and that's it, rest of the crit you get from balancing your gear. I.e. I'd never use dex over magic stat on a weapon, you simply lose too much, but crit vs magic attack is different story.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    best way to max crit on a psy is go max str you need just for gears, ~54-55 str depending what gears you are going with. everything else into magic stats. and try to piece together the maximum crit with the maximum atk lvls you can possibly get. Dex not included b:surrender

although i havent dug deep enough to see exactly how atk lvls effect crit rate, i have noticed critting much more on lower level pve mobs than on pve mobs you would grind out for xps or loot. that being the case, there should be some calculation as to how atk lvls effect crit percentages beyond just the outright crit % on the character stats window. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    although i havent dug deep enough to see exactly how atk lvls effect crit rate, i have noticed critting much more on lower level pve mobs than on pve mobs you would grind out for xps or loot. that being the case, there should be some calculation as to how atk lvls effect crit percentages beyond just the outright crit % on the character stats window. b:cute

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never change, Psychic forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Btw when I say crit build I'm not talking about balancing magic and dex stat...As a psy you only put minimum dex to get 20base and that's it, rest of the crit you get from balancing your gear. I.e. I'd never use dex over magic stat on a weapon, you simply lose too much, but crit vs magic attack is different story.

There's not much else to balance though. After 3cast gear, cube neck, level 9 tome (puts you at 50 dex min, maybe bump to 60), all you're left with are options for helm/cape. At that point its 2cast nirvana for attack or 3cast nirvana for better defense. I prefer the 2cast option but I can see 3cast as viable for those lazy JoSD builds.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Psy forums is just the meanest..
    Honestly hate that third cast rank 9 has no crit on the set bonus, but even as a crit fan, I wouldn't sacrifice defence or attack level to get more than around 20% base.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Psy forums is just the meanest..

I'm just waiting anxiously for Apostasy to come back and tell us that Psys should use evasion ornaments so that every hit on them is at risk of either missing or silencing the attacker, making Psys hard as hell to kill. b:cute
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    I'm just waiting anxiously for Apostasy to come back and tell us that Psys should use evasion ornaments so that every hit on them is at risk of either missing or silencing the attacker, making Psys hard as hell to kill. b:cute

And you call me an idiot? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    And you call me an idiot? b:bye

I think you've just confirmed it.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    I think you've just confirmed it.

All that has been confirmed is my coming to harshlands at some point in the future b:chuckle

=======================================

ADD :

lol... no reply to that? being as it is you harshlanders can TALK lots of bs and do NOT have the marbles to walk the walk on Raging Tide... I WILL be coming to harshlands and then you can SHOW me just how dumb I really am b:laugh oh cwap... looky looky... I ALREADY have a 51 psy on harshlands, just a little bit of time and... b:pleased

My name on Harshlands is PsyMeARiver... I might as well give you the chance to kill me as much as you can before you have no chance against me at all b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    all That Has Been Confirmed Is My Coming To Harshlands At Some Point In The Future B:chuckle

=======================================

add :

Lol... No Reply To That? Being As It Is You Harshlanders Can talk Lots Of Bs And Do not Have The Marbles To Walk The Walk On Raging Tide... I will Be Coming To Harshlands And Then You Can show Me Just How Dumb I Really Am B:laugh Oh Cwap... Looky Looky... I already Have A 51 Psy On Harshlands, Just A Little Bit Of Time And... B:pleased

My Name On Harshlands Is psymeariver... I Might As Well Give You The Chance To Kill Me As Much As You Can Before You Have No Chance Against Me At All B:cool

Oh Snap! f:gone
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    We eagerly await the vids.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013

Im so damn happy i have a psy on every server... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2013

Yeah, please let me know when you're 100 and "decently geared." (in quotes because I have a feeling you'll be PMing me when you have a r6 +12 soulsphere)
    I <3 AGOREY
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    apostasy should write a psy guide and we'll just put a
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    I might just do that... f:naughty

and it would be a better guide than what others have done, as I would actually explain all the options available as a psy, no matter what build a person wants to take f:cool... yes, that would include HA builds, and suggestions for those that seriously want to try that route... not just a bunch of "you're stupid if do blah blah blah"... when the reality is that if someone can make the "impossible" or the "stupid" actually work well, why not? f:ponder

...oh yeah, because most cant make the proper way work to begin with f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    forget builds, show us vids. teach me how to best wizards.
    edited April 2013
    forget builds, show us vids. teach me how to best wizards.

i demand to see the best psychic in action, damnit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    i demand to see the best psychic in action, damnit!

He's too pro. Our eyeballs would melt from the sheer heat of his skill alone.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    he's Too Pro. Our Eyeballs Would Melt From The Sheer Heat Of His Skill Alone.

I don't want my eyeballs to melt... QQ
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    b:chuckle you people seem to think that 1 single video speaks anything of my skill on a psy, your ignorance is just entirely over abundant f:melon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    b:chuckle you people seem to think that 1 single video speaks anything of my skill on a psy, your ignorance is just entirely over abundant f:melon

one video? make lots, all sorts; 1v1s against different classes, tw, nw, world pvp.

the proof is in the pudding, and so far i've not had any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Not questioning anything, just wanna see a fellow Psy unleash. My vids are dull :(.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    In that case, any suggestions to recording programs to download, editing programs? What their costs are, or if any free ones that are worth getting? I'd think ones that can do like 10 minutes video would be good at a time... and what speed should it be edited to? 2x or 4x, or some other?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]