PK: How to kill that Psy - Gangnam Style?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well... in my opinion it is better when it is lvl 11 because when it comes to endgame atk lvl is higher than def lvl so AS dmg is higher right? (psy is an exception ofc as well as r8r user)

Attack lvl matter when higher then the defense lvl. So if you try to kill a end game psy in white vooodoo that have I don't know something like 150 def lvl than good luck.

I'm not good with math and att/def lvl stuff, maybe use search and try to find info about it, but I'm probably sure I read that if you have lower att.lvl then their def.lvl then you do less damage, while if you have a skill that ignore defense lvl then att/def will not matter.

So yesss all that to say that lvl1-10 seems to ignore def lvl, lvl11 does count def. lvl.

There's even someone on my server that I heard would change culti to be able reset the skill. xD

I don't know though if it's the lvl1-10 that is broken by ignoring def or lvl11 is broken by not ignore def lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    but now im curious does AS lvl 11 still bypass expel and turtle?

Yes it still bypasses expel and psychic will, that I am sure of. Idk about the others but I'm pretty sure it does too because it's the same mechanics.
    Attack lvl matter when higher then the defense lvl. So if you try to kill a end game psy in white vooodoo that have I don't know something like 150 def lvl than good luck.

Yes true, that would be the only let-down, but keep in mind that while your atk lvls take affect you'd also be hitting him like a truck in black voodoo.
    I'm not good with math and att/def lvl stuff, maybe use search and try to find info about it, but I'm probably sure I read that if you have lower att.lvl then their def.lvl then you do less damage, while if you have a skill that ignore defense lvl then att/def will not matter.

So yesss all that to say that lvl1-10 seems to ignore def lvl, lvl11 does count def. lvl.

There's even someone on my server that I heard would change culti to be able reset the skill. xD

I don't know though if it's the lvl1-10 that is broken by ignoring def or lvl11 is broken by not ignore def lvl.

Heh changing culti seems extreme xD though if you know you'll never be r9 it would be most useful.

Ha I remember when mystics came a lot of work and tests was done on this skill...Now 2 years later, still gives us headaches b:chuckle

Oh btw it just struck me that all of my tests were done in duels. Can someone confirm it's the same in PvP?
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is an issue the devs should address- I don't think lv 11 absorb soul was meant to have different properties than lv 10.
    Can a mod or admin respond and perhaps bring this to their attention?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    This is an issue the devs should address- I don't think lv 11 absorb soul was meant to have different properties than lv 10.
    Can a mod or admin respond and perhaps bring this to their attention?

Mhm maybe try to pm them cause I don't know if mods follow at 100% mystic threads. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If they do change it I just hope they won't "over-change" it, we all know AS isn't the fairest skill b:surrender
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hey folks,

Klys passed this issue on to me, and I let our testing team know about this.

Hopefully we'll get this all sorted!

- Hey, You!
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ty for looking into this. If it does end up being changed please keep us posted cause it's pretty annoying when there are ninja-changes that aren't announced. b:surrender
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I remember that when the NW expansion came out last year, the psy forum was busy with the change to sage/demon torrent and sand trap (psy's 2 pure dot skills) dealing much more damage now in black voodoo and being nerfed in white voodoo. And that lv1-10 was same as before, being unaffected by atk/def lv.

That change was pretty much applicated to all lv11 DoT skills with the expansion.

Why is that important? Because I remember reading a theory on the mystic forum a while ago that suggested that absoul soul was a ultra weak wood spell with a huge single tick of bleed.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I remember that when the NW expansion came out last year, the psy forum was busy with the change to sage/demon torrent and sand trap (psy's 2 pure dot skills) dealing much more damage now in black voodoo and being nerfed in white voodoo. And that lv1-10 was same as before, being unaffected by atk/def lv.

That change was pretty much applicated to all lv11 DoT skills with the expansion.

Why is that important? Because I remember reading a theory on the mystic forum a while ago that suggested that absoul soul was a ultra weak wood spell with a huge single tick of bleed.

Indeed that's the accepted theory that explains the weirdness of it. Ofc there's no way to actually test it, but it's assumed that AS is a wood magic skill that does 0 damage and applies a physical DoT that does its damage in 1 tick, which pretty much explains everything about it. And if you're saying all DoT skills were affected by the atk'def lvls change, you may be right...and it would be a conformation of the theory. :o
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Klys passed this issue on to me, and I let our testing team know about this.

Hopefully we'll get this all sorted!

- Hey, You!

Will you update us when you get information about it please? I'm about to change to sage because of this change lol. >_<
  • noelle96
    noelle96 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes, its a question -

I'd like to know more about a PK Mystics approach to fighting a Psy.

Specificly, Id like to know how to avoid the 'controls' that leave one incapable of doing anything, but any advice would be welcome.

Thanks. b:thanks

just falling petal first, if he/she use white vodoo ( which is a lil rare cuz they always use black vodoo for damage ) nature's veange>absorb soul then if he puts on retaliation summon a punishing sting to cancel it then just attack with all ur might and remember to always put faling petal and use breaking cloud in between of ur attacks...lol
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Thanks, Noelle b:thanks