PK: How to kill that Psy - Gangnam Style?!

Options
Brillance - Raging Tide
Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Mystic
Yes, its a question -

I'd like to know more about a PK Mystics approach to fighting a Psy.

Specificly, Id like to know how to avoid the 'controls' that leave one incapable of doing anything, but any advice would be welcome.

Thanks. b:thanks
Post edited by Brillance - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ....o_o Where is my promised Gungnam Style?! Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Mystics actually have the upper hand when fighting psys cause of several reasons.
    About their buffs, for Soul of Stunning/Soul of Retaliation, since they activate only once you can use a pet or a plant to end them. For Soul of Silence, the only way I know to completely avoid it is with an antiseal. Else you could use Faith or Lawbreaker on genie after you get sealed to end it.

One thing worth saying is how valuable AS is. AS doesn't activate their buffs and goes through their defense levels so it makes White Vodoo useless. All their attacks do magical damage so leeching storm mistress is a good idea...That's all that comes to mind atm.
    ....o_o Where is my promised Gungnam Style?! Q.Q

That's soo last year. Take this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQZTZHashKg
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The method changes slightly whether it's mass pk/ 1v1/ has purify weapon/ has high soulforce. - but the idea is the same - as it is with all the other classes- use plant/summons/control skills to set up locks and combos. AS is good since psys tend to have the lowest pdef, but def lvs do in fact influence the damage. A psy in white won't take as much dmg, even from AS, so try to lock it in black.
    And if you're fighting some1 with a purify weapon pls don't keep your summon on auto/def, use it's stun or seal manually, so u don't **** over yourself or your team with needless procs.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Huh no AS ignores attack and defense levels completely. They won't take less damage in white.
  • klys
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Don't wanna argue- mystics arent that broken. Go test and see for yourself.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Trip spark->cloud eruption->mistress leech->rapid growth->nature's vengence->absorb soul = dead psy. Or even with just mistress leech+rapid growth you can take out psys easy. Just don't get sealed on the NV.

Use summon attack/punishing sting to take off soul of stunning/retal if necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That's soo last year. Take this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQZTZHashKg

Yay!!! Gundam in Aussie, ftw and Tag!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • klys
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Trip spark->cloud eruption->mistress leech->rapid growth->nature's vengence->absorb soul = dead psy. Or even with just mistress leech+rapid growth you can take out psys easy. Just don't get sealed on the NV.

Use summon attack/punishing sting to take off soul of stunning/retal if necessary.

leech b4 spark if ur going for the ulti combo- however this will only work if the psy is engaged with some1 else and doesnt see you
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    leech b4 spark if ur going for the ulti combo- however this will only work if the psy is engaged with some1 else and doesnt see you

Pretty much...

Also, lets keep in mind that very few psys will have a genie tailored towards fighting a mystic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    goes through their defense levels so it makes White Vodoo useless.

Not anymore apparently, I tested it with a psy and he told me that he take same damage in white or black from AS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input. You have all been very helpful! b:thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Get a genie skill that makes you immune to seals, kite when they soulburn/do other stuff that will reflect badly, bang, dead fish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ew you're right. I just tested AS and it seems that now it takes into consideration both your atk levels and your opponent's def lvls. Gah I hate it when they change stuff without announcing anything...Sorry klys, my bad, thanks for pointing it out. b:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Not anymore apparently, I tested it with a psy and he told me that he take same damage in white or black from AS.

Uhm how does that prove it though.. shouldn't it actually disprove it..?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Thanks for your input as well, Xainou.

@ Alexis,

I totally agree. Just because you need a brain and a desire to use it to play a Mystic, doesnt mean they should keep nerfing the char, and keep messing with our spells! b:shutup
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ew you're right. I just tested AS and it seems that now it takes into consideration both your atk levels and your opponent's def lvls. Gah I hate it when they change stuff without announcing anything...Sorry klys, my bad, thanks for pointing it out. b:surrender

they announced it, it was a few months ago...
    however, a psy in white voodoo cant kill a thing and can be ignored. so it doesnt really matter, just lure them into black if needed.
    Psys on the whole have low pdef, and absorb soul is huge hitting phys skill, so perfect. Since NV debuff is required to do 'full' damage, you just need to watch that they dont psychic will, sage BoL, triple spark, expel, AD or IG or something. Best bet is therefore to NV, then lyse listless blossom and then absorb soul (growth/spark as needed). Things like devil stun and occult ice are also useful for holding the psy down while you work on killing them.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    they announced it, it was a few months ago...

Can you show me where pls? Because the only change about AS that I know was announced was when they made it crit for 1.3x.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Uhm how does that prove it though.. shouldn't it actually disprove it..?

Woua for some reasons I didn't saw that reply before.

A psy wanted to see if it was still ignoring def lvl after the skills rebalance so I did AS on him over and over again and he was taking less damage in white voodoo then in black.

So we did assume it wasn't ignoring def lvl anymore, did I got ''lucky'' and got the 1.3x damage every time he was in black? Maybe, but it would have been more then lucky to get the 1.3x every time in black and no time in white.

Edit: I wrote it wrong the first time. I wanted to say he was taking more damage in black then white...xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Woua for some reasons I didn't saw that reply before.

A psy wanted to see if it was still ignoring def lvl after the skills rebalance so I did AS on him over and over again and he was taking less damage in white voodoo then in black.

So we did assume it wasn't ignoring def lvl anymore, did I got ''lucky'' and got the 1.3x damage every time he was in black? Maybe, but it would have been more then lucky to get the 1.3x every time in black and no time in white.

Edit: I wrote it wrong the first time. I wanted to say he was taking more damage in black then white...xD

Question, and the same thing that kept me from testing myself, which weapon do you have? Cause I figured my results will be nowhere near accurate with my glaive. P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Question, and the same thing that kept me from testing myself, which weapon do you have? Cause I figured my results will be nowhere near accurate with my glaive. P:

Actually the safest way to test is to not have any weapon equipped. And anyways the test results are correct, a psy in white voodoo will take less damage since atk/def lvls now affects AS.
    edited March 2013
    Options

My 3rd nirvy glaive I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eledelelele - Lost City
    Eledelelele - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Actually the safest way to test is to not have any weapon equipped. And anyways the test results are correct, a psy in white voodoo will take less damage since atk/def lvls now affects AS.

I tested it yesterday with my psy and suprisingly the psy took the same amount of dmg in both voodoos.
    My AS is lvl 10 though so maybe it has something to do with that?
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I tested it yesterday with my psy and suprisingly the psy took the same amount of dmg in both voodoos.
    My AS is lvl 10 though so maybe it has something to do with that?

I tested again just to double check with both against a psy and against an opponent who I made switch between wearing +15 def lvl blessing and not. And the damage was always lower with their more def lvls.

Now my AS is demon so maybe you're right if you're certain about your tests. Did you do it without a weapon? Because when wearing a weapon the damage random may make it seem that there isn't any difference.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I tested again just to double check with both against a psy and against an opponent who I made switch between wearing +15 def lvl blessing and not. And the damage was always lower with their more def lvls.

Now my AS is demon so maybe you're right if you're certain about your tests. Did you do it without a weapon? Because when wearing a weapon the damage random may make it seem that there isn't any difference.

I tested it again without wep and it still does the same dmg to the psy. alsways 1596 doesn't matter which voodoo.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Interesting then. And explains why I was so confused. I guess lvls 1-10 AS ignores atk and def lvls but they affect the demon/sage version of it.

Wow b:embarrass
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That would make sense, seeing I got sage AS and the seeker I was testing on took less damage self buffed.

But damn, that's pretty screwed then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2013
    Options
    Yup I have lvl 11 too, but wow in that case a mystic is almost better to let it lvl10...

I'll try to get someone with a lvl10 to test it.

We testing it atm on HL to see i flvl10 ignore def but not lvl11.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2013
    Options
    Yup I have lvl 11 too, but wow in that case a mystic is almost better to let it lvl10...

Well... in my opinion it is better when it is lvl 11 because when it comes to endgame atk lvl is higher than def lvl so AS dmg is higher right? (psy is an exception ofc as well as r8r user)
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well it basically comes down to your gear and the gear of your opponents. If you don't have any attack lvls other than the blessing that you'd want AS to be able to ignore def lvls against r9 opponents for example or seekers/psys in general. However if you're full r9 yourself then you'll most definitely want AS to be raised by your attack lvls.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    but now im curious does AS lvl 11 still bypass expel and turtle?